2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 527

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#2741 » by NiceLikeChrist » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:28 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:Maxey has been the best player and I said it before the series he was as good as Brunson and everybody laughed, despite being down 0-2 Maxey has been the superior player no doubt about it.

And I think everyone has already told you that it’s much easier to play when you have a much better teammate that opposing teams have to game plan against.

Sixers entire defense is focused on Brunson. All they want to do is make the game tough on Brunson. And that’s exactly why they keep getting beat by our role players while Brunson plays poorly.

Maxey isn’t the primary focus of any team. You plan for Embiid first and Maxey second. If Embiid misses a game then we’ll see how great Maxey is. Their record with Maxey as the #1 guy says it all.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,158

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#2742 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:39 pm

Joel just doesn’t look like he has fun playing basketball. He always looks hurt/upset/exhausted.

He is not a fun player to watch. He has still played extremely well.
Bobcat
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#2743 » by Bobcat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:46 pm

skones wrote:
Bobcat wrote:
Funny how the irrelevant team has the 2nd best record in the last ten years next to the Warriors. Also the Irrelevant team actually won a chip in 2019. Dam I wish the Raptors were relevant.

Maury: The lie detector results have come in and they've determined, that was a lie.

Well since April 23, 2014 to April 23, 2024 the Raptors are 5th with the best record. I was going by last years stats and the Raptors would of been third behind Warriors and Celtics. Anything else to add Maury?

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nba-most-wins-last-10-years
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,523

Post#2744 » by Homerclease » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=2r3K1qCL2UmIu9zb8OVdDw
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,513

Post#2745 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:50 pm

NiceLikeChrist wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:Maxey has been the best player and I said it before the series he was as good as Brunson and everybody laughed, despite being down 0-2 Maxey has been the superior player no doubt about it.

And I think everyone has already told you that it’s much easier to play when you have a much better teammate that opposing teams have to game plan against.

Sixers entire defense is focused on Brunson. All they want to do is make the game tough on Brunson. And that’s exactly why they keep getting beat by our role players while Brunson plays poorly.

Maxey isn’t the primary focus of any team. You plan for Embiid first and Maxey second. If Embiid misses a game then we’ll see how great Maxey is. Their record with Maxey as the #1 guy says it all.

You don't need to take HF seriously. Whole GB knows he is a joke.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,263

Post#2746 » by skones » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:12 pm

Bobcat wrote:
skones wrote:
Bobcat wrote:
Funny how the irrelevant team has the 2nd best record in the last ten years next to the Warriors. Also the Irrelevant team actually won a chip in 2019. Dam I wish the Raptors were relevant.

Maury: The lie detector results have come in and they've determined, that was a lie.

Well since April 23, 2014 to April 23, 2024 the Raptors are 5th with the best record. I was going by last years stats and the Raptors would of been third behind Warriors and Celtics. Anything else to add Maury?

I'm meaning to illustrate you're talking about the success in a decade and a title of which was 6 years ago and you're sitting there touting your relevance after seasons of 27 wins, 48 wins, 41 wins, and 25 wins respectively. It's a really weird angle to take when your last good season was 5 years ago. Sorry to say, that aint relevance in 2024 hoss.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,252

Post#2747 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:15 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:What a game from Jokic :o

You don't need to take HF seriously. Whole GB knows he is a joke.

I dunno, HF is making a lot of sense to me. Jokic was amazing when his team needed him to be.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,589

Post#2748 » by Nuntius » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:31 pm

Bobcat wrote:
skones wrote:
Bobcat wrote:

I mean, you still wouldn't be accurate. It's not a lie per se, it's an inaccuracy but still.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,259

Post#2749 » by stuporman » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:43 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:Stephen A Smith was courtside 3 feet away from the final play and said Maxey got mugged and the sixers got robbed. Hes a diehard Knicks fan and he's saying the refs screwed Philly

Does he still think Quentin Grimes is on our team?

Has he figured out who Hartenstein is yet?
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,421

Post#2750 » by CoP » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:19 pm

Infinite Llamas wrote:Lots of dudes can score 34 on 29 shots.

Add this welcher as a foe and ignore him.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,575

Post#2751 » by drekwins » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:37 pm

Bobcat wrote:
drekwins wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
The inferiority complex of the knicks fans astounds me. I really don't give a crap about the Knicks nor the Sixers, 2 pathetic teams with loathsome fanbases. I was complimenting you on proper jobbing the Sixers, and you can't take a compliment so you attempt a put down. But I understand. Despite this recent success, you know, we all know you're far from a championship contender. That's the real seat of your insecurity isn't it. In that sense, you are in the same boat as the Raptors. Enjoy your mediocrity.

You're making inflammatory and idiotic statements on a forum for other playoff teams while your lottery team is beginning a DEEP rebuild and many be in purgatory for years... and then you have the marbles to say that others have an inferiority complex. You are just a troll and enjoy trying to get a rise out of people... but you dont realize that no one takes you seriously... you are irrelevant... just like your team.

Right now, that is as relevant as the Cowboys superbowls. You're living in the past. Everyone else is looking ahead. Toronto may not be good again for 10 years. It's difficult to turn it around when you're not a destination city. We'll see where your young guys end up (Lakers, Miami, NY, etc.).
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,252

Post#2752 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:09 pm

drekwins wrote:
Bobcat wrote:
drekwins wrote:
You're making inflammatory and idiotic statements on a forum for other playoff teams while your lottery team is beginning a DEEP rebuild and many be in purgatory for years... and then you have the marbles to say that others have an inferiority complex. You are just a troll and enjoy trying to get a rise out of people... but you dont realize that no one takes you seriously... you are irrelevant... just like your team.

Right now, that is as relevant as the Cowboys superbowls. You're living in the past. Everyone else is looking ahead. Toronto may not be good again for 10 years. It's difficult to turn it around when you're not a destination city. We'll see where your young guys end up (Lakers, Miami, NY, etc.).

They might not, but they also might be pretty good pretty soon. They have some nice kids now :dontknow:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,832

Post#2753 » by Mk0 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:23 pm

NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,438

Post#2754 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:29 pm

Just gonna post this here because I see Sixers fans keep posting Brunson grabbing Maxey's jersey. This happens right before that.

If you're not gonna call a 2 HANDED EXTENDED ARM PUSH AWAY BY MAXEY ON HART You don't call that jersey grab on Brunson. Simple as that.

Plus Sixers got away with worth when trying to deny Brunson the ball in the 4th.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,383

Post#2755 » by gavran » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:21 pm

Froob wrote:
cgf wrote:
Froob wrote:Tough to have some serious old legs playing such heavy minutes (Lowry 38, Batum 35) and Embiid only has enough juice for like 3 quarters. Sixers need more from some of their young bench players. Buddy only 15 minutes and 2 three point attempts?

...Embiid played 39 minutes...

Meant he barely has anything left for the fourth quarter. He basically can only rebound and pass.

Well, not rebound, he has 0 combined boards in two 4th quarters so far.
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,916

Post#2756 » by ___Rand___ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:23 pm

drekwins wrote:
Bobcat wrote:
drekwins wrote:

LMAO Knicks a destination. When was the last time Knicks attracted a real superstar? Is that why you been in Finals so many times? Oh wait NO! It was the other disaster of a NY team! LOL. You haven't sniffed a Finals since the LAST CENTURY?

Fam. Knicks have had a drought longer than Ethiopia. I feel sorry for you guys. Really. Don't get cocky because you got Brunson and OG. LMAO. Your pride is so misplaced! Your ceiling is ECF IF the other teams in the East are INJURED. Like this year - with Embiid, Giannis, Jimmy all injured or hobbling. So you better make the most of it because you ain't getting there no. But too bad Randle is injured too. I honestly feel bad talking down to Knicks. It's like pissing on a leper. There's no need. Enjoy your ECF ceiling.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,287

Post#2757 » by BigShot Bojan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:26 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Bobcat wrote:

LMAO Knicks a destination. When was the last time Knicks attracted a real superstar? Is that why you been in Finals so many times? Oh wait NO! It was the other disaster of a NY team! LOL. You haven't sniffed a Finals since the LAST CENTURY?

Fam. Knicks have had a drought longer than Ethiopia. I feel sorry for you guys. Really. Don't get cocky because you got Brunson and OG. LMAO. Your pride is so misplaced! Your ceiling is ECF IF the other teams in the East are INJURED. Like this year - with Embiid, Giannis, Jimmy all injured or hobbling. So you better make the most of it because you ain't getting there no. But too bad Randle is injured too. I honestly feel bad talking down to Knicks. It's like pissing on a leper. There's no need. Enjoy your ECF ceiling.
bruh what are you doing here...
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#2758 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:44 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=2r3K1qCL2UmIu9zb8OVdDw

To me this comes off like them crying about the refs """"""""""""ignoring"""""""""""" Nick Nurses timeout call. Not making fun of Nick Nurse. Especially cause they go 'can you see us'

Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#2759 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:45 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Bobcat wrote:

Before last season. Thanks, next question.

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,345

Post#2760 » by blueNorange » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:55 pm

10 mpg
3 ppg
3.5 rpg

paul reeds contribution so far
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.

Return to The General Board