2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Celtics in 4
36%
Celtics in 5
33%
Celtics in 6
9%
Celtics in 7
2%
Heat in 4
3%
Heat in 5
2%
Heat in 6
6%
Heat in 7
9%

Total votes: 233

Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,964

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS Leads 1-0) 

Post#701 » by Eagle4 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:43 pm

Always liked Bill Simmons
https://streamable.com/ebpv2h
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,912

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS Leads 1-0) 

Post#702 » by Enso » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:31 pm

I watched that replay multiple times in slow motion and even though it wasn't a crazy shove, saying it had zero effect is lunacy. As the C's fans said themselves people are gonna see what they want to see.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,958

Post#703 » by KingDavid » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:43 pm

So Bill Simmons says Caleb was pushed like we've been saying. Two handed shove right into his back while he was taking off. It's right there plain as day on replay. If Caleb wanted to hurt him, he could have just put his feet right where Tatum was going to land instead of jumping. The ol' Bruce Bowen special.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,001

Post#704 » by jfs1000d » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:47 am

I think the shove brings some juice to this story.

Even with Butler, the Heat were the No. 16 seed and the worst team in the playoffs. If you have to seed all 16 team, heat are 16. Without Jimmy, it isn’t even close.

It’s just reality and something the Heat Media lackeys don’t get. There team isn’t very good. Last year’s team had Strus, Vincent etc. Martin played as good as Hero would have and is better defensively.

Now they got Bam and Hero and Martin. Meh.
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,044

Post#705 » by DBurks2818 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:44 am

jfs1000d wrote:There team isn’t very good. Last year’s team had Strus, Vincent etc. Martin played as good as Hero would have and is better defensively.

Terrible take. Strus and Vincent had a really good playoffs last year, that's it. This year's team is better than last year's in every way, but it's hard to overcome 2 of your best 3 scorers being seriously injured.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,474

Post#706 » by Saint Lazarus » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:58 am

Enso wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:lol. Watch in slow mo. Jrue didnt shove. There was some contact but it didn’t change Martins speed or direction. Funny how people can see different things when they have an agenda.

Didnt they hurt Giannis last year too?

Yeah, they were responsible for grant hills ankle injury, global warming and Jan 7th too. They’re the worst.

Jan 7th? Do calendars work differently down there in Florida?
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
Enso
General Manager

Post#707 » by Enso » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:04 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
Enso wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:

Didnt they hurt Giannis last year too?

Yeah, they were responsible for grant hills ankle injury, global warming and Jan 7th too. They’re the worst.

Jan 7th? Do calendars work differently down there
in Florida?

:lol:

I don’t live in Florida, or even the states for that matter but ya got me lol got my dates messed up
Ugly Duckling
Analyst
And1: 1,564

Post#708 » by Ugly Duckling » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:17 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:
Ugly Duckling wrote:sucks that jimmy was out. this is a boring series to me as boston is boring to watch. of course they should win, but will they? probably, but they'll give up more games than they should (0)

When Boston is moving the ball, they're a joy to watch (and incredibly efficient). Must be awfully boring from the other team's perspective, though.

I do agree with the "they'll give up more games than they should (0)" part. They get bored themselves and don't always show up. This might change in the playoffs. Or not, we'll see.

i may have been a little harsh. tatum is a great player no doubt, but his game is plain. he's not exciting to watch like so many other guys. for me at least. he also chokes in the playoffs, so we'll see. i do like watching derrick white, along with jaylen brown in spurts, so not completely boring. they kind of remind me of the tim duncan spurs in that they're good, but boring to watch
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
jfs1000d
RealGM

Post#709 » by jfs1000d » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:17 am

DBurks2818 wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:There team isn’t very good. Last year’s team had Strus, Vincent etc. Martin played as good as Hero would have and is better defensively.

Terrible take. Strus and Vincent had a really good playoffs last year, that's it. This year's team is better than last year's in every way, but it's hard to overcome 2 of your best 3 scorers being seriously injured.

No chance this team is better than last years. Sweep is incoming. Literally the worst of the 16 teams in the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,023

Post#710 » by AussieCeltic » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:46 am

Ugly Duckling wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:
Ugly Duckling wrote:sucks that jimmy was out. this is a boring series to me as boston is boring to watch. of course they should win, but will they? probably, but they'll give up more games than they should (0)

When Boston is moving the ball, they're a joy to watch (and incredibly efficient). Must be awfully boring from the other team's perspective, though.

I do agree with the "they'll give up more games than they should (0)" part. They get bored themselves and don't always show up. This might change in the playoffs. Or not, we'll see.

i may have been a little harsh. tatum is a great player no doubt, but his game is plain. he's not exciting to watch like so many other guys. for me at least. he also chokes in the playoffs, so we'll see. i do like watching derrick white, along with jaylen brown in spurts, so not completely boring. they kind of remind me of the tim duncan spurs in that they're good, but boring to watch

He chokes so much he has the most points in a game 7 ever.

Yeh he’s had bad games here and there, but what player hasn’t?? He’s a victim of his own early success.

Jimmy butler averaged 14ppg on 29% shooting in a series only 3 years ago.

Lebron is considered the GOAT by a lot of people here and he averaged 19ppg in the finals.

Tatum has always had big elimination games sans the finals v the Warriors.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Sweet Serenity
Senior
And1: 945

Post#711 » by Sweet Serenity » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:48 am

Ugly Duckling wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:

This is such a lazy take that you only repeated because that’s the narrative right now.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,816

Post#712 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:56 am

Pumpkin17 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Pumpkin17 wrote:So we have to believe a world class athlete like Martin (and basically every other NBA player) is is not capable of doing something different than spinning around full force like a brainless chicken just cause Jrue touched him?

These are players who run, stop and jump vertically in a fraction of second, it was clearly intentional.

Anyway, great attitude shown by Tatum and Boston in general on the episode.

:lol: , where is Caleb doing any spinning around like a brainless chicken? I don't see that in the video, but A+ effort the extra sauce to try and prove a point that doesn't exist. Players run, stop and jump all the time, notice how when their pushed they have not control over the direction or area where they land when it happens. Its the reason why your not supposed to undercut someone in the air or push them in motion. I've seen plenty of people, and myself include get pushed from the back running in for a rebound. In high school I had a similar thing happened except it ended with me falling over and cutting my face on my team mates elbow. There's a lot of reaching going on.

You and plenty of people are not world class athletes. Also, that was a “push” of an intensity basically lower than 99% of contacts happening in a normal nba game.

We would have people flying in the tribunes at each fast break if that “push” can make Martin lose control that way.

Come one dude don't die on this hill, its called Kinesiology, something I studied in college or human kinetics. Telling me I know nothing about world class athletes is a terrible argument when we all watch them at every level and see exactly what they can and cannot do. A human in motion that gets pushed, from behind towards a different direction will affect the travel path for a certain amount of time and distance until that person can course correct again. He was pushed by Jrue 6-8ft from Tatum, giving him running at his speed very little time or distance to course correct. These guys are human world class athletes but are still beholden to the Newton law of physics.

Here is Newtons law in regards to forces applied from the same direction as opposed to pushing from an opposite direction:
There are possibilites depening in which direction they are acting: If they act in same direction, then net magnitude of force acting on objects will be double themagnitude of single force. If they are in opposite directions, then magnitude of force on object will be zero. If both the forces are acting in the same direction then the object will move in that direction with the force equal to the sum of both forces, but if the forces are acting in opposite directions then the object will move in the direction where the greater force is being applied with a net force equal to the difference
translation you don't need much force when your directing or pushing an object towards a direction its already traveling.
Pumpkin17
Junior
And1: 454

Post#713 » by Pumpkin17 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:20 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Pumpkin17 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
:lol: , where is Caleb doing any spinning around like a brainless chicken? I don't see that in the video, but A+ effort the extra sauce to try and prove a point that doesn't exist. Players run, stop and jump all the time, notice how when their pushed they have not control over the direction or area where they land when it happens. Its the reason why your not supposed to undercut someone in the air or push them in motion. I've seen plenty of people, and myself include get pushed from the back running in for a rebound. In high school I had a similar thing happened except it ended with me falling over and cutting my face on my team mates elbow. There's a lot of reaching going on.

You and plenty of people are not world class athletes. Also, that was a “push” of an intensity basically lower than 99% of contacts happening in a normal nba game.

We would have people flying in the tribunes at each fast break if that “push” can make Martin lose control that way.

Come one dude don't die on this hill, its called Kinesiology, something I studied in college or human kinetics. Telling me I know nothing about world class athletes is a terrible argument when we all watch them at every level and see exactly what they can and cannot do. A human in motion that gets pushed, from behind towards a different direction will affect the travel path for a certain amount of time and distance until that person can course correct again. He was pushed by Jrue 6-8ft from Tatum, giving him running at his speed very little time or distance to course correct. These guys are human world class athletes but are still beholden to the Newton law of physics.

Here is Newtons law in regards to forces applied from the same direction as opposed to pushing from an opposite direction:
There are possibilites depening in which direction they are acting: If they act in same direction, then net magnitude of force acting on objects will be double themagnitude of single force. If they are in opposite directions, then magnitude of force on object will be zero. If both the forces are acting in the same direction then the object will move in that direction with the force equal to the sum of both forces, but if the forces are acting in opposite directions then the object will move in the direction where the greater force is being applied with a net force equal to the difference
translation you don't need much force when your directing or pushing an object towards a direction its already traveling.

Ahahahah I am not dying on any hill man, me and plenty of other people are convinced that the contact could be avoided , you are convinced of the opposite.

You are the one mentioning Newton laws here cause you studied Kinesiology in college ahahaha…please tell me, how come Newton law does not make every NBA player fly into the standings at each minimal contact? Forces do not apply in that case?

Just do yourself a favor and accept people can think and observe differently from you, moreover cause the heat have not a crystal clear reputation in terms of being dirty.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#714 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:35 pm

Pumpkin17 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Pumpkin17 wrote:

Ahahahah I am not dying on any hill man, me and plenty of other people are convinced that the contact could be avoided , you are convinced of the opposite.

You are the one mentioning Newton laws here cause you studied Kinesiology in college ahahaha…please tell me, how come Newton law does not make every NBA player fly into the standings at each minimal contact? Forces do not apply in that case?

Just do yourself a favor and accept people can think and observe differently from you, moreover cause the heat have not a crystal clear reputation in terms of being dirty.

Dude players run into the stands all the time diving for lose balls and jump over fans cause they can't stop on a dime, and players run over and fall over the camera men courtside 1 or 2 times a game under the basket on fast breaks all the time when pushed from behind, what are you talking about, do you even watch basketball, are talking about the same sport? The specific counter argument your using is insane, flying into the stands from a push, where would the basketball play be had, where player A pushes player B flying into the stands that would be an ejection from the game. Players push others out of bounds all the time and that gets called a foul, but not flying into the stands that's an ejection, Caleb didn't fly under the basket waling his hands in the air like madman, if you were explaining to someone that didn't watch the video what you saw, and then they watched it they would be confused. Its like were talking about 2 different counter arguments, and your logic is based on something completely different.

I will agree to disagree with you, but really think about what your saying, and using that other people agree with you is not a successful counter argument, just a bunch of people regurgitating the same false narrative. Also Newtons law doesn't make anybody do anything its a law based on Physics that explains how forces interact with each other, do better.
Pumpkin17
Junior
And1: 454

Post#715 » by Pumpkin17 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:43 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Pumpkin17 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

Dude players run into the stands all the time diving for lose balls and jump over fans cause they can't stop on a dime, and players run over and fall over the camera men courtside 1 or 2 times a game under the basket on fast breaks all the time when pushed from behind, what are you talking about, do you even watch basketball, are talking about the same sport? The specific counter argument your using is insane, flying into the stands from a push, where would the basketball play be had, where player A pushes player B flying into the stands that would be an ejection from the game. Players push others out of bounds all the time and that gets called a foul, but not flying into the stands that's an ejection, Caleb didn't fly under the basket waling his hands in the air like madman, if you were explaining to someone that didn't watch the video what you saw, and then they watched it they would be confused. Its like were talking about 2 different counter arguments, and your logic is based on something completely different.

I will agree to disagree with you, but really think about what your saying, and using that other people agree with you is not a successful counter argument, just a bunch of people regurgitating the same false narrative. Also Newtons law doesn't make anybody do anything its a law based on Physics that explains how forces interact with each other, do better.

Again, just agree to disagree man, you quoted me not the other way around. Be respectful of other opinions.

Also, don’t try teaching what argument is a successful one or not, cause you literally tried as an argument “I studied this in college” which is as childish as an argument can be.

Flash news, everyone is aware of Newton laws since like 13yo, do better as you say.
Enso
General Manager

Post#716 » by Enso » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:20 pm

DBurks2818 wrote:

They also got Rozier at the dead line and immediately went on a losing streak trying to incorporate him.

Also before that they were a lock for a top 4 seed then Butler came back from injury and was coasting as he tends to do, messed up the chemistry and momentum JJJ had, then JJJ got injured and hit the rookie wall. These are not excuses it doesn’t take a rocket doctor to see the C’s are the better/ more stacked team and favorites. All that to say it’s hard to build momentum/ consistency when the roster is a revolving door all year. Not saying we’re the cream of the crop but we’re in that second tier talent wise, who here with a straight face can say Orlando is a better team ? Our record/ seeding doesn’t reflect how good the team is.
jfs1000d
RealGM

Post#717 » by jfs1000d » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:35 pm

I take Banchero over any player on the Heat. Banchero, Franz Wagner and young guard like Suggs. Carter is good too.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#718 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:52 pm

Skip to the 2:38 second of the clip for Joe Mazzulla answering the question about Caleb running into Tatum being intentional or it being serious.

Rancid669
Sophomore
And1: 269

Post#719 » by Rancid669 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:22 pm

Heat winning this next game. I don’t care that Boston won the first game by 20, they still give me 2007 Dallas Mavericks choke artist vibes.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,143

Post#720 » by Ben-N1ce » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:42 pm

Rancid669 wrote:Heat winning this next game. I don’t care that Boston won the first game by 20, they still give me 2007 Dallas Mavericks choke artist vibes.

It comes down to can the Heat get up 40 3's and shoot a good clip on illegal Bam screens all night. Who knows.

Return to The General Board