2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Celtics in 4
36%
Celtics in 5
33%
Celtics in 6
9%
Celtics in 7
2%
Heat in 4
3%
Heat in 5
2%
Heat in 6
6%
Heat in 7
9%

Total votes: 233

PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 39,062

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#2001 » by PierceFan4ever » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:02 am

BringTheHeat wrote:If this celtics team ends up as soft as their fans, they won’t win a ring.

Yes Celtics fans should be thrilled their best player almost got injured because a known dirty player shocking commits a dirty play during a dead ball

If the roles were reversed, you would be bitching today as would any fanbase if their star player got hurt like that.
jbsays
Junior
And1: 380

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#2002 » by jbsays » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:03 am

Realistically, Bam seems pretty soft. I don't think he has it in him to intentionally try and injury somebody. He just doesn't have that fight in him.
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,166

Post#2003 » by UNCBlue012 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:03 am

Everyone calling fans soft is equally as soft as the ones you're calling soft. You dumbasses lmao
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,579

Post#2004 » by Myth » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:03 am

California Gold wrote:
BringTheHeat wrote:
California Gold wrote:
Something must be in that Florida water with that low IQ statement. No surprise. :lol:

It’s low IQ to say a player shouldn’t let their opponent just freely shoot the ball? Lol you’re a clown.

No it's low IQ to say a guy landing on a players foot isn't dirty. But expected from Florida. :lol:

As somebody without a dog in this race, I don’t think it was dirty, but penalizing Bam is also the right move. I don’t think it was on purpose, which it would be dirty if he did. The rule isn’t simply to prevent dirty players from trying to injure opponents, but also to make sure players are mindful of the landing space. That said, **** still happens on accident. In active play, defenders are of course allowed to contest, but if their foot goes in the landing space and gets landed on (whether on purpose or not), it is penalized. In a deadball, kind of the same thing: you can still try to prevent the warmup shot, but if you take away the landing space, it still needs penalized.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,320

Post#2005 » by SerialChiller » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:03 am

RB34 wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:I don't know what's softer by some C fans. Thinking Martin getting pushed is dirty or this...my god it's pathetic i'm out hahaha

Nobody cares if you’re in here on not my dude.

Yeah cuz that's how I meant that...wow :lol:
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,916

Post#2006 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:03 am

BringTheHeat wrote:Celtics fans are soft as ****. Crying about any kind of physicality.

Celtics been the more physical team. Just dominating the **** out of those betas.
KDS91
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#2007 » by KDS91 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:05 am

jbsays wrote:Realistically, Bam seems pretty soft. I don't think he has it in him to intentionally try and injury somebody. He just doesn't have that fight in him.

He certainly can't be the number one option on a contending team, that's for sure.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,387

Post#2008 » by fallguy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:10 am

BringTheHeat wrote:If this celtics team ends up as soft as their fans, they won’t win a ring.

Enjoy your long summer.
Riverwalk2021
Sixth Man
And1: 1,664

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#2009 » by Riverwalk2021 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:12 am

The Heat are tough as nails. They worked super hard on defense, and deserve a lot of credit. White was the best player on both ends. He's a guy that would help PHX a lot more than Beal because he does everything well on both ends.

Unfortunately for the C's, you saw the softness and low IQ play from the Jays rear it's ugly head yet again. The C's should get to the Finals but I see the West Winner taking them out in 6.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,379

Post#2010 » by AussieCeltic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:13 am

vulture wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
vulture wrote:
Yes Joel is a big flopper and deserves to get called for it.
You keep thinking I’m a sixers so the joke is on you.

i never said you were. i just remember you (i think) defending joel pull mitch out of mid air

I just don’t approve of soft calls in the playoffs. It’s always been a different sport at this time of the year.

As long as no one dies it’s fair game imo

There’s no fair game in sliding your foot under a shooter. It’s why the league put a huge emphasis on it after the Kawhi/Zaza incident. Bam isn’t tough and Tatum isn’t soft because Bam slid his foot under Tatum. It’s not playoff basketball, it’s trash bush league stuff. How many players has Bam injured now? It’s a long list
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#2011 » by Enso » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:15 am

I don’t think bam intended to injure Tatum that being said if the roles were reversed I’d be really annoyed and call the other player an r word. But I also do get not giving free shots at the basket hence the contest.

That mazulla contest is hilarious and kinda sick, have a little more respect for him lol if spo did it I’d be hyped.
vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,316

Post#2012 » by vulture » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:18 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
vulture wrote:
DaGawd wrote:i never said you were. i just remember you (i think) defending joel pull mitch out of mid air

I just don’t approve of soft calls in the playoffs. It’s always been a different sport at this time of the year.

There’s no fair game in sliding your foot under a shooter. It’s why the league put a huge emphasis on it after the Kawhi/Zaza incident. Bam isn’t tough and Tatum isn’t soft because Bam slid his foot under Tatum. It’s not playoff basketball, it’s trash bush league stuff. How many players has Bam injured now? It’s a long list

That’s marginal contact and fair game. Tatum shouldn’t shoot the ball after the whistle if he wants to avoid that kind of situation.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,212

Post#2013 » by G R E Y » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:20 am

LFG, WHITE BUFFALO!

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
BringTheHeat
Ballboy
And1: 115

Post#2014 » by BringTheHeat » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 am

Aside from all the trash talk. Derrick White is very good and underrated player, I tip my hat off to him. Solid all around player. Nice offensive game, lights out shooter and great defender.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,379

Post#2015 » by AussieCeltic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 am

vulture wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
vulture wrote:

That’s marginal contact and fair game. Tatum shouldn’t shoot the ball after the whistle if he wants to avoid that kind of situation.

It’s not marginal contact. It’s not fair game. Sliding your foot under a player at any time is reckless. You just can’t do it.

I have no problem with him trying to block the shot, but sliding your foot under someone just ain’t it
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
vulture
Head Coach

Post#2016 » by vulture » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 am

G R E Y wrote:LFG, WHITE BUFFALO!

Read on Twitter

Dude was a great pickup.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#2017 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:22 am

vulture wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
vulture wrote:

Celtics in 5. Enjoy the off-season.

Just remember. Maybe next year Jimmy will finally be healthy in the playoffs.

I mean, it's never happened but maybe just maybe next time is the time.
vulture
Head Coach

Post#2018 » by vulture » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:25 am

The Corey's wrote:
vulture wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

Don’t care since I’m not a heat fan. Just call it like I see it
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,575

Post#2019 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 am

vulture wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
vulture wrote:

Ah yes sliding under feet should be legal because it’s the playoffs.

What absurd **** logic.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#2020 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 am

vulture wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
vulture wrote:

Ya. You're soft crying bout players shooting the ball after the whistle bitching about how it's not the defenders responsibility to not foul on a dead ball but the player not commiting the fouls responsibility.

It's a gold strategy, let's see how it works out for you.

Return to The General Board