2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Celtics in 4
36%
Celtics in 5
33%
Celtics in 6
9%
Celtics in 7
2%
Heat in 4
3%
Heat in 5
2%
Heat in 6
6%
Heat in 7
9%

Total votes: 233

DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,044

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS Leads 1-0) 

Post#661 » by DBurks2818 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:38 pm

The Heat would be 3-0 against the Celtics since 2020 had Pritchard not injured Jimmy Butler's knee with a much dirtier play in 2022.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS Leads 1-0) 

Post#662 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:39 pm

I was a basketball official for 18 years. Seen my share of serious injuries on that exact dirty play. I was disappointed the officials in this case didn't move it up to a flagrant 1. I've thrown players out of the game for that type of foul. imho that is one of the dirtiest type of fouls that there is. Seasons and careers can end on a play like that. Tatum lucked out this time.
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,651

Post#663 » by Fantaxp7 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:54 pm

DBurks2818 wrote:The Heat would be 3-0 against the Celtics since 2020 had Pritchard not injured Jimmy Butler's knee with a much dirtier play in 2022.

You got a clip? Can't remember that one.
Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,964

Post#664 » by Eagle4 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:58 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:It was a dirty play and anyone who has ever played competitive basketball knows it was a dirty play. On the playground there would likely have been punches thrown.

No anyone who isn't blind, that doesn't feel the need to be disingenuous over the internet, communicating with mere strangers can clearly see jrue pushed Caleb and the momentum forced him into Tatum. Just stop it.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,790

Post#665 » by The Corey's » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:01 pm

You have to combat the trolls by being a troll.

Heat can't beat the Celtics. They never could. Maybe if Smart was here chucking 20 plus shots a game. Those days are done baby.

The Heat defense yesterday was embarrassing. I can't believe Spo got a contract extension with how underwhelming that team has been since the King walked away from that **** franchise.

He put you on the map and since he left you've been nothing more than a floor mat to the Almighty.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,148

Post#666 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:26 pm

The Corey's wrote:You have to combat the trolls by being a troll.

Heat can't beat the Celtics. They never could. Maybe if Smart was here chucking 20 plus shots a game. Those days are done baby.

The Heat defense yesterday was embarrassing. I can't believe Spo got a contract extension with how underwhelming that team has been since the King walked away from that **** franchise.

He put you on the map and since he left you've been nothing more than a floor mat to the Almighty.

Let the Heat fans have their say, they all will be gone in a week.
Pumpkin17
Junior
And1: 454

Post#667 » by Pumpkin17 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:27 pm

So we have to believe a world class athlete like Martin (and basically every other NBA player) is is not capable of doing something different than spinning around full force like a brainless chicken just cause Jrue touched him?

These are players who run, stop and jump vertically in a fraction of second, it was clearly intentional.

Anyway, great attitude shown by Tatum and Boston in general on the episode.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#668 » by The Corey's » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:28 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:

Let the Heat fans have their say, they all will be gone in a week.

BUT IF WE HAD TERRY ROZIER AND YOU DIDN'T HAVE TATUM WE WOULD HE A BETTER TEAM AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT.

JIMMY BUCKETS IS YOUR DADDY AND WE WOULD EASILY LOSE ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP IF THEY WERE HEALTHY
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,838

Post#669 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:49 pm

Pumpkin17 wrote:So we have to believe a world class athlete like Martin (and basically every other NBA player) is is not capable of doing something different than spinning around full force like a brainless chicken just cause Jrue touched him?

These are players who run, stop and jump vertically in a fraction of second, it was clearly intentional.

Anyway, great attitude shown by Tatum and Boston in general on the episode.

:lol: , where is Caleb doing any spinning around like a brainless chicken? I don't see that in the video, but A+ effort the extra sauce to try and prove a point that doesn't exist. Players run, stop and jump all the time, notice how when their pushed they have not control over the direction or area where they land when it happens. Its the reason why your not supposed to undercut someone in the air or push them in motion. I've seen plenty of people, and myself include get pushed from the back running in for a rebound. In high school I had a similar thing happened except it ended with me falling over and cutting my face on my team mates elbow. There's a lot of reaching going on.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,838

Post#670 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I was a basketball official for 18 years. Seen my share of serious injuries on that exact dirty play. I was disappointed the officials in this case didn't move it up to a flagrant 1. I've thrown players out of the game for that type of foul. imho that is one of the dirtiest type of fouls that there is. Seasons and careers can end on a play like that. Tatum lucked out this time.

Anybody who starts with I was X, Y, Z as a premise to their comment, to feel like their opinion holds weight in a position of authority you already know they are not going to be impartial. Ive been to many basketball games in my life and played 4 years in Highschool, winning state twice as back up point guard. I can tell you this happen all the time people chasing their own misses and having a defender push them away from the rebound into another player, and no its not ejection qualifier for an official. Your telling that nobody can hustle and run into the paint for an offensive rebound? As the previous video shows, you clearly see Jrue change his direction right into Tatum, if anything blame Jrue for anything that happened in the play, he knew what he was doing preventing Caleb for going for the rebound. Perhaps Caleb should have done a tuck and roll under Tatum to miss him during his jump.

You want to know why the officials didn't upgrade it to flagrant 1, because they were there watching the game, reffing it correctly and saw nothing that qualified it for that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#671 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:03 pm

I clearly saw what I saw. Moving under an air born shooter or rebounder in that situation is cheap and dirty.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,856

Post#672 » by KamikazeK » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:03 pm

I think my favorite part of this thread is the idea that Celtics shooting well is a fluke. There sure have been a lot of "flukey" games this season. :lol:
VaDe255
Senior
And1: 667

Post#673 » by VaDe255 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:03 pm

Fantaxp7 wrote:
VaDe255 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
Tatum > Butler

Jrue >>>> Rozier

Not sure what your point is :crazy:

:lol: :noway: :crazy:

This is what I miss year to year during the regular season. It's fun interacting with other teams fan bases.

You're crazy, I'm crazy....but for for real this is a pretty crazy take for you to be disagreeing with.

I'm just going by facts, Butler was easily the best player in the series they met.
The advanced metrics are close between them, even in the regular season when Butler is known to coast.

Jrue is better, but that is offset not having the potentially best player in the series for the Heat.

Yes, Tatum could have been better this year and eventually he will be better than Butler, but if I had to bet who would have been the best player in the series this year, it was easily Butler.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#674 » by The Corey's » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:11 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I was a basketball official for 18 years. Seen my share of serious injuries on that exact dirty play. I was disappointed the officials in this case didn't move it up to a flagrant 1. I've thrown players out of the game for that type of foul. imho that is one of the dirtiest type of fouls that there is. Seasons and careers can end on a play like that. Tatum lucked out this time.

Anybody who starts with I was X, Y, Z as a premise to their comment, to feel like their opinion holds weight in a position of authority you already know they are not going to be impartial. Ive been to many basketball games in my life and played 4 years in Highschool, winning state twice as back up point guard. I can tell you this happen all the time people chasing their own misses and having a defender push them away from the rebound into another player, and no its not ejection qualifier for an official. Your telling that nobody can hustle and run into the paint for an offensive rebound? As the previous video shows, you clearly see Jrue change his direction right into Tatum, if anything blame Jrue for anything that happened in the play, he knew what he was doing preventing Caleb for going for the rebound. Perhaps Caleb should have done a tuck and roll under Tatum to miss him during his jump.

You want to know why the officials didn't upgrade it to flagrant 1, because they were there watching the game, reffing it correctly and saw nothing that qualified it for that.

It's dirty and he's gonna catch the receipts.

They didn't call it a flagrant the same reason they had an entire NBA game with zero foul shots.

Cause they're pieces of ****.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#675 » by The Corey's » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:12 pm

KamikazeK wrote:I think my favorite part of this thread is the idea that Celtics shooting well is a fluke. There sure have been a lot of "flukey" games this season. :lol:

Probably the best offense of all time statistically.

Heat fans were told before the game what it was and after the game it's every which way under the sun as to why it's not true.

Sun getting to their head
KDS91
RealGM
And1: 4,524

Post#676 » by KDS91 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:13 pm

Not sure how winning more playoff series than any East team since 2020 is "underwhelming" but go ahead kid. Keep tooting your horn.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,795

Post#677 » by azcatz11 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:15 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I clearly saw what I saw. Moving under an air born shooter or rebounder in that situation is cheap and dirty.

Playoff basketball. Things get physical. Stop comparing your officiating experience at Y to this. It’s ridiculous and borderline offensive
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#678 » by The Corey's » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:18 pm

KDS91 wrote:

Not sure how winning more playoff series than any East team since 2020 is "underwhelming" but go ahead kid. Keep tooting your horn.

Celtics been to 5 of the last 8 ecf kid.

Know why no one brings it up? Cause it don't matter.

Heat continue to underachieve because they don't have a star. They're a foundering franchise with the second most fair weathered fans in the show baby.

They didn't want this smoke and they should of beat the sixers.
WeLikeOurGuys
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#679 » by WeLikeOurGuys » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:22 pm

DBurks2818 wrote:The Heat would be 3-0 against the Celtics since 2020 had Pritchard not injured Jimmy Butler's knee with a much dirtier play in 2022.

And the Knicks would have Randle if Jaquez didn't undercut him...**** happens.
KDS91
RealGM
And1: 4,524

Post#680 » by KDS91 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:38 pm

The Corey's wrote:
KDS91 wrote:

Celtics been to 5 of the last 8 ecf kid.

Know why no one brings it up? Cause it don't matter.

Heat continue to underachieve because they don't have a star. They're a foundering franchise with the second most fair weathered fans in the show baby.

They didn't want this smoke and they should of beat the sixers.

Cool. So go by your logic your team has been underwhelming since... 2008?

Return to The General Board