2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins?

Celtics in 4
36%
Celtics in 5
33%
Celtics in 6
9%
Celtics in 7
2%
Heat in 4
3%
Heat in 5
2%
Heat in 6
6%
Heat in 7
9%

Total votes: 233

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 64,050

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat 

Post#81 » by Celts17Pride » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:44 pm

Celtics in 5. Who’s next?
iamoti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,448

Post#82 » by iamoti » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:52 pm

KamikazeK wrote:
Rancid669 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:I mean, that one is actually true. Celtics had Miami on the ropes. 3 straight wins. And undeniably that ankle injury changed everything. Was visibly apparent.

Boston needed a very lucky tip-in by Derrick White just to get to game 7. Was also very apparent that Butler’s injury that was suffered against the Knicks was getting worse, and he wasn’t the same player he was earlier in the playoffs.

Funny how that supposedly only matters when they start losing. The Tatum injury was fresh and had a clear impact on their game.

W/e. Prepare to get creamed in 4.
You almost got swept last year lol.

All these Celtics in 4 predictions...

You will so **** the bed when you lose game 1. The meltdown will be legendary.

Get ready to meet Juan Wick and Nikola 'still in highschool' Jovic. Plus ECF MVP Caleb Martin will remember green is his favourite color.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,062

Post#83 » by KamikazeK » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:58 pm

iamoti wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:
Rancid669 wrote:Boston needed a very lucky tip-in by Derrick White just to get to game 7. Was also very apparent that Butler’s injury that was suffered against the Knicks was getting worse, and he wasn’t the same player he was earlier in the playoffs.

Funny how that supposedly only matters when they start losing. The Tatum injury was fresh and had a clear impact on their game.

Get ready to meet Juan Wick and Nikola 'still in highschool' Jovic. Plus ECF MVP Caleb Martin will remember green is his favourite color.

Better get those excuses ready because you'll need them sooner than you think :lol:
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,967

Post#84 » by DayofMourning » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:01 pm

iamoti wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:
Rancid669 wrote:Boston needed a very lucky tip-in by Derrick White just to get to game 7. Was also very apparent that Butler’s injury that was suffered against the Knicks was getting worse, and he wasn’t the same player he was earlier in the playoffs.

Heat in 3 baby.
iamoti
Bench Warmer

Post#85 » by iamoti » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:03 pm

KamikazeK wrote:
iamoti wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:Funny how that supposedly only matters when they start losing. The Tatum injury was fresh and had a clear impact on their game.

Better get those excuses ready because you'll need them sooner than you think
What excuses? If you beat us i'll wish you good luck further. The pressure to win is only on your team.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,982

Post#86 » by The Corey's » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:57 pm

iamoti wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:

Series went 7. How was that almost a sweep?

I actually forgot how delusional heat fans was. For a second I thought it wasn't going to be satisfying beating these bums but since they actually think they're winning it's gonna feel great.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,710

Post#87 » by brackdan70 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:25 pm

Enso wrote:If we get Rozier back it's a sweep. Jokes aside we should get trounced but I can see us grabbing a game or two max but **** it.

Heat in 7! :lol:

I was going to make the same Rozier “Joke”.
Sign here
iamoti
Bench Warmer

Post#88 » by iamoti » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:30 pm

The Corey's wrote:
iamoti wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:Funny how that supposedly only matters when they start losing. The Tatum injury was fresh and had a clear impact on their game.

I actually forgot how delusional heat fans was. For a second I thought it wasn't going to be satisfying beating these bums but since they actually think they're winning it's gonna feel great.
No one is delusional on our side. Its just funny seeing how insecure you guys are and it will get better as the series unfolds.

We aint winning 4 out of 7 but we wont move aside like you expect.

"Don't let us take one!" lol
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,558

Post#89 » by Tyakack » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:33 pm

The Corey's wrote:
iamoti wrote:

I was just about to say this. I've never seen an almost sweep that went 7 games before. That's crazy!! Since we are playing that game though, the heat were a non Jayson Tatum injury away from blowing a 3-0 lead. :lol:
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,641

Post#90 » by jpengland » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:33 pm

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised by Celtics in 4 or Miami in 6.

I don't think the Celtics are the killers that the regular season record suggests.
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#91 » by Triple M » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:42 pm

jpengland wrote:I genuinely wouldn't be surprised by Celtics in 4 or Miami in 6.

I don't think the Celtics are the killers that the regular season record suggests.

They dont have to be killers to beat this heat team in a stright forward fashion because without Jimmy in the last 2 series they dont go 7 and this Celtics team is arguably better.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,930

Post#92 » by bisme37 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:42 pm

Heat in 4 imo
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#93 » by The Corey's » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:43 pm

iamoti wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
iamoti wrote:You almost got swept last year lol.

No one is delusional on our side. Its just funny seeing how insecure you guys are and it will get better as the series unfolds.

We aint winning 4 out of 7 but we wont move aside like you expect.

"Don't let us take one!" lol

What's there to be insecure Bout? Heat are trash. Been trash all year. Celtics whoop their ass all season. We the heat daddy and they know it.

Celtics in 4. Celtics in 7. It don't matter. I'm not even sure the heat could sell out a game without 70% of the arena being green baby.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#94 » by The Corey's » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:44 pm

Tyakack wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
iamoti wrote:You almost got swept last year lol.

I was just about to say this. I've never seen an almost sweep that went 7 games before. That's crazy!! Since we are playing that game though, the heat were a non Jayson Tatum injury away from blowing a 3-0 lead. :lol:

This person is obviously trolling. They don't actually think the heat are beating the Celtics and they're already standing behind the excuse that the Celtics SHOULD win.

Which they will. Because the Heat lack NBA talent.
iamoti
Bench Warmer

Post#95 » by iamoti » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:53 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Tyakack wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

I was just about to say this. I've never seen an almost sweep that went 7 games before. That's crazy!! Since we are playing that game though, the heat were a non Jayson Tatum injury away from blowing a 3-0 lead.

This person is obviously trolling. They don't actually think the heat are beating the Celtics and they're already standing behind the excuse that the Celtics SHOULD win.

What excuse bro? Did i say we are gonna win? The only ones who keep bringing our injuries as a possible excuse are you guys. We understand what we got, we accept it and we will try to make the best of it.

Win or lose i'm cool as long as our guys give their best! And i'm sure Spo will bring their best out of them.

Sent from my SM-G990B2 using RealGM mobile app
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,322

Post#96 » by SerialChiller » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:58 pm

Leprechaun's in 1
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,266

Post#97 » by SA37 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:01 pm

bisme37 wrote:Heat in 4 imo

Finally a realistic take...

All kidding aside, Miami is going to play hard and still not be an easy out, but Miami is totally outgunned talent-wise. It'll be interesting to see how Spoestra approaches this, but I'd be inclined to try to stop everyone else and force Tatum to beat me on his own.

For Miami to have any chance at all they're going to need to shoot the lights out again.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#98 » by The Corey's » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:03 pm

iamoti wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Tyakack wrote:
I was just about to say this. I've never seen an almost sweep that went 7 games before. That's crazy!! Since we are playing that game though, the heat were a non Jayson Tatum injury away from blowing a 3-0 lead.

What excuse bro? Did i say we are gonna win? The only ones who keep bringing our injuries as a possible excuse are you guys. We understand what we got, we accept it and we will try to make the best of it.

Win or lose i'm cool as long as our guys give their best! And i'm sure Spo will bring their best out of them.

You're so insecure. It's almost like you know you watched 82 games just to see you lose to the Celtics. Again.

I feel ya. I remember when my team had no NBA talent.
iamoti
Bench Warmer

Post#99 » by iamoti » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:08 pm

The Corey's wrote:
iamoti wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

You're so insecure. It's almost like you know you watched 82 games just to see you lose to the Celtics. Again.

I'm insecure? Lol. Lose to the Celtics again? Its like you've been hibernating for the past 4 years. This no NBA talent team bought your team tickets to Cancun less than a year ago. We we're a Butler 3 from being 3-0 against you frontrunners. You have everything to lose and you know it.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#100 » by The Corey's » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:14 pm

iamoti wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
iamoti wrote:What excuse bro? Did i say we are gonna win? The only ones who keep bringing our injuries as a possible excuse are you guys. We understand what we got, we accept it and we will try to make the best of it.

I'm insecure? Lol. Lose to the Celtics again? Its like you've been hibernating for the past 4 years. This no NBA talent team bought your team tickets to Cancun less than a year ago. We we're a Butler 3 from being 3-0 against you frontrunners. You have everything to lose and you know it.

The denial is strong.

The Celtics are always in everyone's head. Be happy you get to be a part of history.

Return to The General Board