No free pass for Lebron

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Hair Jordan
Sophomore
And1: 471

No free pass for Lebron 

Post#1 » by Hair Jordan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:03 pm

If the Lakers get swept by Denver this year, it’ll mean that a Lebron led team with prime AD by his side lost EIGHT CONSECUTIVE PLAYOFF GAMES while also missing the playoffs for two seasons during his tenure in LA. Lebron might get a free pass from ESPN, Nick Wright, Shannon Sharpe and kids who started watching the NBA in 2015 but not from me. Lebron managed to win a single game in the 2017 and 2018 Finals COMBINED and is on track to do even worse in the 2023 and 2024 playoffs against Denver (combined). This is your GOAT? A guy who normalizes losing more than winning? A guy who had 7 turnovers last night and attempted his first shot in the 4th quarter with a minute remaining? :crazy:
One_and_Done
Analyst
And1: 2,652

Re: No free pass for Lebron 

Post#2 » by One_and_Done » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:08 pm

Lebron is 39 lol.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
Hair Jordan
Sophomore

Post#3 » by Hair Jordan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:13 pm

One_and_Done wrote:Lebron is 39 lol.

Of course :crazy: You can’t have it both ways. You can’t stroke Lebron when he has a nice game or breaks some cumulative stats record and then let him off of the hook when he stinks it up in the playoffs by reminding people he’s 39. Typical response from a Lebron homer.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,883

Post#4 » by KembaWalker » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:15 pm

I’ll give him a pass for not winning, because Jokic and the Nuggets are simply much better at basketball than him and the Lakers

I won’t give him a pass for his absolutely abhorrent leadership skills though. Dude sits there looking like he’s the SpongeBob ima head out meme the second Denver goes on an 8-0 run. If you’re gonna be this pouty miserable toddler the second any adversity hits just retire bro
Memories
Veteran
And1: 4,904

Post#5 » by Memories » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:15 pm

It is definitely telling that Lebron can hardly make the playoffs in the West for all these years. Which shows his entire time in the East was what everyone said: an easy road to the Finals.

His consecutive years to the Finals from the East is looking more and more weak. The West has always been the harder road for over 2 decades.
Memories wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Memories wrote:So still not at all over yet.

Nah it’s over 121 to 107

Clippers go on a 15-0 run right after this, and eventually win the game. :lol:
Hair Jordan
Sophomore

Post#6 » by Hair Jordan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:24 pm

KembaWalker wrote:I’ll give him a pass for not winning, because Jokic and the Nuggets are simply much better at basketball than him and the Lakers

I won’t give him a pass for his absolutely abhorrent leadership skills though. Dude sits there looking like he’s the SpongeBob ima head out meme the second Denver goes on an 8-0 run. If you’re gonna be this pouty miserable toddler the second any adversity hits just retire bro

Yep. He’s always walking off the court early when his team loses and his body language and facial expressions towards his coach is abhorrent. Not leadership type of behavior at all. Also, can you imagine GOAT’s like Jordan, Magic and Bird spraying champagne after winning a in-season tournament? :lol:
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 2,975

Post#7 » by Iwasawitness » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:38 pm

Memories wrote:It is definitely telling that Lebron can hardly make the playoffs in the West for all these years. Which shows his entire time in the East was what everyone said: an easy road to the Finals.

His consecutive years to the Finals from the East is looking more and more weak. The West has always been the harder road for over 2 decades.

It’s not telling at all… in the first year with AD, the lakers had the one seed. They’ve never recovered from losing Caruso, and the terrible trade for Westbrook and they probably never will.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
ChiTownHero1992
Starter
And1: 1,503

Post#8 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:02 pm

No free pass whatsoever...LeBron in the last 20 years is becoming more synoymous with LOSING than Winning...he's lost 6 finals appearances, lost and swept (twice potentially) in back to back years...lost and missed playoffs twice w/ Lakers who each year pre-season was suggested as a TItle Contender...

When I think of players...Jordan = Automatic Championships....
Magic = Always competing and playing for a TItle and will get you a title more often than not
KAJ = Always competing and playing for a Title and will get you a title more often than not
LeBron = Finals Appearance yearly but not getting the job done when it counts
Curry = On paper looks amazing, but without the "help" goes no where
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,515

Post#9 » by Myth » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:08 pm

Not a big LeBron fan, but at age 39, it would need to take some major mental errors that are beneath his abilities to hold anything against him because everything else he is doing is simply amazing for his age. We shouldn’t be expecting him to put the team on his back like he is still in his prime.
rtiff68
Veteran
And1: 3,726

Post#10 » by rtiff68 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:12 pm

Hair Jordan wrote:

Of course :crazy: You can’t have it both ways. You can’t stroke Lebron when he has a nice game or breaks some cumulative stats record and then let him off of the hook when he stinks it up in the playoffs by reminding people he’s 39. Typical response from a Lebron homer.

Actually, for some (rare) all time greats who reach this stage (rare) in their careers, they pretty much can’t hurt their legacies, they can only augment them.

Both Curry and LeBron are at this stage right now. They have already cemented their legacies.

From a legacy standpoint, did it hurt Shaq when he bounced around the league at the end of his career? If Kobe would’ve retired after going back-to-back in 2010 would we view him as better?
Hair Jordan
Sophomore

Post#11 » by Hair Jordan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:20 pm

rtiff68 wrote:
Hair Jordan wrote:

Actually, for some (rare) all time greats who reach this stage (rare) in their careers, they pretty much can’t hurt their legacies, they can only augment them.

Both Curry and LeBron are at this stage right now. They have already cemented their legacies.

From a legacy standpoint, did it hurt Shaq when he bounced around the league at the end of his career? If Kobe would’ve retired after going back-to-back in 2010 would we view him as better?

Lebron has a top 75 all time guy in his prime (AD) on his team. If he gets swept in back to back playoffs with AD it will hurt his legacy.
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,392

Post#12 » by shi-woo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:20 pm

I just find it crazy how the face of the league gives up on his team so easily. For those of us who've followed his entire career this is just a reoccuring theme, and it's nauseating.

Last night the discord I was in was crushing the announcers because the 1st half was a glaze fest for LeBron. "OMG that pass! OMG that 3pnt shot! OMG did you know hes 40! OMG he's screaming in DLo's face, what a leader! OMG that was the best bunny ears i've seen from a guy tying hi shoes!"

It gets annoying, and then it's crickets when the dude just shuts down. Passive aggressive and LeBron have been married since his early CLE days, and it's weird how he allows that to effect his team. It's like having a spouse that's mad at you but won't tell you why or want to talk about it. It just drains you, and is the exact opposite of leadership.

I just don't understand how he can consistently get away with it, nor do I understand why every other star like KD, Steph, Embiid, and Jokic all have to go to extraordinary lengths just to prove they belong at the head of the league.

I've seen this man quit on 4 teams now, and I 'm really curious to what his fans say about this, because it's undeniable at this point. When the going gets tough, LEBron gets weak.

He grabbed 2 gimme title in shortened seasons, and formed another superteam with 2 other All-NBA players to get his other best ring. I'm still left unimpressed by LeBron and how he's carried himself. Every year I hear how guys like KD are snakes, or how Jokic and Curry just aren't HIM, but every year with LeBron and his fans it's Bugs Bunny "WE NEED MORE HELP!"

Like for real, you have people in this thread saying stuff like "They’ve never recovered from losing Carusol" Like come on man. He left his home town team again with 2 ALL-NBA guys to team up with AD, who also quit on his team to play with LeBron in LA. He handpicked every player he plays with, but Alex freaking Caruso is the deal breaker for you guys? Trading for Westbrook the icing on the cake?

Jokic be out here creating a potential dynasty as the only All-star on his team, and a bunch of cast offs that no one else wanted. Imagine what he would be doing if he had 2 other Top 15 players on his team like LeBron has since 2011 :lol: It's just getting absurd, and I can't wait for this dude to retire so the Propaganda machine can leave with him (but we all know it's just going to ramp up and get worse, and these moments will get erased from history just like a certain nike hoops camp dunk)
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,863

Post#13 » by Quattro » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:22 pm

Hair Jordan wrote:

I'm not a Lebron homer.

He's 39

It's pretty simple. The Lakers are nowhere near as good as the Nuggets.
Milenkovic
Junior
And1: 665

Post#14 » by Milenkovic » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:22 pm

Lebron just isn't that great of a leader, however, he's 39 and isn't the player he once was, despite the media narrative of him
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,905

Post#15 » by UcanUwill » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:31 pm

Hair Jordan wrote:

LeBron Homer... dude, just because you here clearly have a propagandish narrative, does not mean others have. LeBron is old man, his accomplishments are set. You either rank him 1, 2 or 3 all time or you dont.

Overall, it does feel like Lebrons Lakers tenure has been a failure, but then you think of it, he won a title still, and to everyone else, that would probably count as big success, but for this man, expectations are so different, guy can't lose a series to NBA champions at age 39. Pretty much every all time great were cooked at that age, because that is how human body works.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,586

Post#16 » by Bergmaniac » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

The LeBron Derangement Syndrom should be studied by academics, it's a really fascinating phenomenon.
rtiff68
Veteran
And1: 3,726

Post#17 » by rtiff68 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:38 pm

Hair Jordan wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Hair Jordan wrote:

Lebron has a top 75 all time guy in his prime (AD) in his team. If he gets swept in back to back playoffs with AD it will hurt his legacy.

He is 39 years old. He shouldn’t even still be in the league.

Jordan’s Wizard years don’t impact his legacy. If he’d played on a Wizards team with a player like Anthony Davis and didn’t win, those years still wouldn’t impact his legacy.

This is stupid. If you’re going to start a discussion, have it be either thought provoking or funny. This is neither.

Just stop.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,379

Post#18 » by Tyakack » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:39 pm

Hair Jordan wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Hair Jordan wrote:

Lebron has a top 75 all time guy in his prime (AD) in his team. If he gets swept in back to back playoffs with AD it will hurt his legacy.

Lol, no it won't. I'm no LeBron fan but his legacy is already cemented. The fact he is still doing what he's doing at his age right now is in NO WAY a negative.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 2,975

Post#19 » by Iwasawitness » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:43 pm

shi-woo wrote:I just find it crazy how the face of the league gives up on his team so easily. For those of us who've followed his entire career this is just a reoccuring theme, and it's nauseating.

Last night the discord I was in was crushing the announcers because the 1st half was a glaze fest for LeBron. "OMG that pass! OMG that 3pnt shot! OMG did you know hes 40! OMG he's screaming in DLo's face, what a leader! OMG that was the best bunny ears i've seen from a guy tying hi shoes!"

It gets annoying, and then it's crickets when the dude just shuts down. Passive aggressive and LeBron have been married since his early CLE days, and it's weird how he allows that to effect his team. It's like having a spouse that's mad at you but won't tell you why or want to talk about it. It just drains you, and is the exact opposite of leadership.

I just don't understand how he can consistently get away with it, nor do I understand why every other star like KD, Steph, Embiid, and Jokic all have to go to extraordinary lengths just to prove they belong at the head of the league.

I've seen this man quit on 4 teams now, and I 'm really curious to what his fans say about this, because it's undeniable at this point. When the going gets tough, LEBron gets weak.

He grabbed 2 gimme title in shortened seasons, and formed another superteam with 2 other All-NBA players to get his other best ring. I'm still left unimpressed by LeBron and how he's carried himself. Every year I hear how guys like KD are snakes, or how Jokic and Curry just aren't HIM, but every year with LeBron and his fans it's Bugs Bunny "WE NEED MORE HELP!"

Like for real, you have people in this thread saying stuff like "They’ve never recovered from losing Carusol" Like come on man. He left his home town team again with 2 ALL-NBA guys to team up with AD, who also quit on his team to play with LeBron in LA. He handpicked every player he plays with, but Alex freaking Caruso is the deal breaker for you guys? Trading for Westbrook the icing on the cake?

Jokic be out here creating a potential dynasty as the only All-star on his team, and a bunch of cast offs that no one else wanted. Imagine what he would be doing if he had 2 other Top 15 players on his team like LeBron has since 2011 :lol: It's just getting absurd, and I can't wait for this dude to retire so the Propaganda machine can leave with him (but we all know it's just going to ramp up and get worse, and these moments will get erased from history just like a certain nike hoops camp dunk)

:lol: :lol: :lol: At the low IQ drivel that is this post
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#20 » by Calvin Klein » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:43 pm

Zzzzzzs

And I do t really like Lebron…but for **** sake.

Zzzzzzz

Return to The General Board