No free pass for Lebron

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,735

Re: No free pass for Lebron 

Post#221 » by 76thBearCub » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:07 am

Lol these threads get funny
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,894

Post#222 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:08 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
So by your criteria, Bill Russell is the GOAT.

I await your response.

My response is in 1957 (when Russel)won his first ring) there were 8 NBA teams. and in 1969 (last ring ) there were 12.
But Lebron had 30 teams co.pared to Jordan's 23 and then expansion. Don't pretend Jordan's NBA was the same as Lebron's.

Sent from my SM-S9080 using RealGM mobile app

If anything it was more competitive.
AlexanderRight
Senior
And1: 769

Post#223 » by AlexanderRight » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:45 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

I await your response.

My response is in 1957 (when Russel)won his first ring) there were 8 NBA teams. and in 1969 (last ring ) there were 12.
But Lebron had 30 teams co.pared to Jordan's 23 and then expansion. Don't pretend Jordan's NBA was the same as Lebron's.

There were only 3 less teams than there are now when MJ won his first chip and only 1 less team than now when he won his last. The difference in number of teams compared to now is basically nonexistent. Comparing that to the 8 team league in the 60’s is a joke.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,104

Post#224 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:06 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

I await your response.

?
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,667

Post#225 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:33 am

RHODEY wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

If anything it was more competitive.
Because of the six expansion teams that prime Jordan got to face along with the smaller cap and non max deals that prevented stars teaming up? Come on.

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,667

Post#226 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:42 am

AlexanderRight wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

There were only 3 less teams than there are now when MJ won his first chip and only 1 less team than now when he won his last. The difference in number of teams compared to now is basically nonexistent. Comparing that to the 8 team league in the 60’s is a joke.
Jordan got to face SIX fledgling expansion teams. Jordan got teams who overcommitted salaries to stars to prevent team ups. Jordan's NBA expansion is as different from Lebron's NBA as Russell's was to Jordan's. It's okay to acknowledge that. Jordan had advantages in winning just like Russell had just like Lebron was going to have until a one time salary exception allowed a maxed out Warriors to add a max KD.

It is what it is.

God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,290

Post#227 » by God Squad » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:13 pm

Lebron gets a pass because he's old. But it'll be interesting to see the mental gymnastics once Jokic starts to creep up on LBJ for accolades. Jokic's potential is immense.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,866

Post#228 » by Marrrcuss » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:11 pm

God Squad wrote:Lebron gets a pass because he's old. But it'll be interesting to see the mental gymnastics once Jokic starts to creep up on LBJ for accolades. Jokic's potential is immense.

Which accolades? I mean finals MVPs matter, i get it. Are you speaking of regular season MVPs?

Would writers' awards make him pass Bron?
Johnny Tomala
Veteran
And1: 2,121

Post#229 » by Johnny Tomala » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:18 pm

I didn't give him pass for getting swept in 2018 NBA Finals. I won't give him this time year. He should win one game, that's it.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,192

Post#230 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:09 pm

Johnny Tomala wrote:I didn't give him pass for getting swept in 2018 NBA Finals. I won't give him this time year. He should win one game, that's it.

If George Hill makes his free throw and JR Smith knows what the score is, they probably do win at least one in 2018. Pretty silly to not give him a pass because he didn't win one game.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,866

Post#231 » by Marrrcuss » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:21 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
Johnny Tomala wrote:I didn't give him pass for getting swept in 2018 NBA Finals. I won't give him this time year. He should win one game, that's it.

If George Hill makes his free throw and JR Smith knows what the score is, they probably do win at least one in 2018. Pretty silly to not give him a pass because he didn't win one game.

Still, this is all predicated on team stats going against ONE player which is still stupid af.

Read on Twitter

If bron had these stats, they win maybe 20% of the time only because he did so much more on the court.

Since it specified 96-98, not listed is the 3-18 in the all important game 3 with the bulls down 2-0 to the knicks where Pippen was the hero.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,594

Post#232 » by DOT » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:25 pm

I just think it's wild to say that a player who made the playoffs 16 out of 20 years and only lost in the 1st round 1 time so far is "synonymous with losing"

I get that MJ fans are super insecure, but still lol.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,594

Post#233 » by DOT » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:50 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
And for that reason we should throw out every and all context out the window? Imagine thinking this is a valid argument.

Some of the posts in this thread. Geez.

the game is simple and the lakers MORE than held their own. all teams have weaknesses meaning it all comes out to be the same for everyone. every team deals with issues. what are you trying to do, parse every nuance weakness strength and come up with a equitable unbiased explanation?

that is why every excuse is different and yet the same. there is no math in sports to calculate. yes,,, it's a "valid argument" because one answer is no better than another

You just said the Lakers are the only team with two for sure first ballot hall of famers, even though for one thing that isn't even true (Bucks say hi), second one of them is very clearly far past their prime. You can't sit here and think this is an actual valid argument. It's not. The Lakers are a very flawed team and LeBron is not the player he once was. They are not capable of being legitimate contenders. They were the seventh seed for a reason.

Either post like you're capable of thinking or don't post at all. Nonsense like this is just a waste of time for us to read.

2004 Lakers had 4 first ballot HoFers and couldn't win

Guess Kobe sucks actually.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#234 » by Lalouie » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:53 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
And for that reason we should throw out every and all context out the window? Imagine thinking this is a valid argument.

Some of the posts in this thread. Geez.

the game is simple and the lakers MORE than held their own. all teams have weaknesses meaning it all comes out to be the same for everyone. every team deals with issues. what are you trying to do, parse every nuance weakness strength and come up with a equitable unbiased explanation?

that is why every excuse is different and yet the same. there is no math in sports to calculate. yes,,, it's a "valid argument" because one answer is no better than another

You just said the Lakers are the only team with two for sure first ballot hall of famers, even though for one thing that isn't even true (Bucks say hi), second one of them is very clearly far past their prime. You can't sit here and think this is an actual valid argument. It's not. The Lakers are a very flawed team and LeBron is not the player he once was. They are not capable of being legitimate contenders. They were the seventh seed for a reason.

Either post like you're capable of thinking or don't post at all. Nonsense like this is just a waste of time for us to read.

lakers regular season

fg% - #2

3pt % - #8

ppg - #6

apg - #5

no whiny excuses by the acolytes
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,290

Post#235 » by God Squad » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:08 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
God Squad wrote:Lebron gets a pass because he's old. But it'll be interesting to see the mental gymnastics once Jokic starts to creep up on LBJ for accolades. Jokic's potential is immense.

Which accolades? I mean finals MVPs matter, i get it. Are you speaking of regular season MVPs?

Finals MVPS, Season MVP, and Championships. He never had to team up to get "His". Then add in he did this all with himself as the "lone" all-star. He's just really F'n good at basketball. This isn't a slight at James who's etched in the Basketball mount Rushmore, I just think Joker might be the best big since Duncan.
Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#236 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:08 pm

Lalouie wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

lakers regular season

fg% - #2

3pt % - #8

ppg - #6

apg - #5

no whiny excuses by the acolytes

Now you’re going to cherry pick stats and only focus on the ones that make them look good? The lakers SRS rating is 19th in the league, as is their net rating. They don’t have a top ten offense or defense. Get out of here with this dumb **** argument. They aren’t on the Nuggets level nor are they a top team in the league and everyone knows it. You trying to paint them as something else with cherry picked stats is both hilarious and a very obvious sign of your absolute cluelessness on this subject matter.

Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#237 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:11 pm

God Squad wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:

Finals MVPS, Season MVP, and Championships. He never had to team up to get "His". Then add in he did this all with himself as the "lone" all-star. He's just really F'n good at basketball. This isn't a slight at James who's etched in the Basketball mount Rushmore, I just think Joker might be the best big since Duncan.

LeBron wouldn’t need to team up with others either if he had a front office half as competent as the one Jokic has. It’s funny that we mention that he’s the lone all star, but we sit here and pretend that Murray isn’t the same caliber as the ones who have actually made said team. Fun fact: James was the lone all star the year he broke the Cleveland sports curse. Are we going to pretend that was actually in fact the case or are we going to acknowledge that was due to specific circumstances like what’s been happening here?

Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,661

Post#238 » by Meeksology » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:29 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
shi-woo wrote:I just find it crazy how the face of the league gives up on his team so easily. For those of us who've followed his entire career this is just a reoccuring theme, and it's nauseating.

Last night the discord I was in was crushing the announcers because the 1st half was a glaze fest for LeBron. "OMG that pass! OMG that 3pnt shot! OMG did you know hes 40! OMG he's screaming in DLo's face, what a leader! OMG that was the best bunny ears i've seen from a guy tying hi shoes!"

It gets annoying, and then it's crickets when the dude just shuts down. Passive aggressive and LeBron have been married since his early CLE days, and it's weird how he allows that to effect his team. It's like having a spouse that's mad at you but won't tell you why or want to talk about it. It just drains you, and is the exact opposite of leadership.

I just don't understand how he can consistently get away with it, nor do I understand why every other star like KD, Steph, Embiid, and Jokic all have to go to extraordinary lengths just to prove they belong at the head of the league.

I've seen this man quit on 4 teams now, and I 'm really curious to what his fans say about this, because it's undeniable at this point. When the going gets tough, LEBron gets weak.

He grabbed 2 gimme title in shortened seasons, and formed another superteam with 2 other All-NBA players to get his other best ring. I'm still left unimpressed by LeBron and how he's carried himself. Every year I hear how guys like KD are snakes, or how Jokic and Curry just aren't HIM, but every year with LeBron and his fans it's Bugs Bunny "WE NEED MORE HELP!"

Like for real, you have people in this thread saying stuff like "They’ve never recovered from losing Carusol" Like come on man. He left his home town team again with 2 ALL-NBA guys to team up with AD, who also quit on his team to play with LeBron in LA. He handpicked every player he plays with, but Alex freaking Caruso is the deal breaker for you guys? Trading for Westbrook the icing on the cake?

Jokic be out here creating a potential dynasty as the only All-star on his team, and a bunch of cast offs that no one else wanted. Imagine what he would be doing if he had 2 other Top 15 players on his team like LeBron has since 2011 :lol: It's just getting absurd, and I can't wait for this dude to retire so the Propaganda machine can leave with him (but we all know it's just going to ramp up and get worse, and these moments will get erased from history just like a certain nike hoops camp dunk)

:lol: :lol: :lol: At the low IQ drivel that is this post

His post makes sense if you read it with unbiased eyes
Hair Jordan
Sophomore
And1: 477

Post#239 » by Hair Jordan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:41 pm

DOT wrote:I just think it's wild to say that a player who made the playoffs 16 out of 20 years and only lost in the 1st round 1 time so far is "synonymous with losing"

I get that MJ fans are super insecure, but still lol.

Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills made it to 4 consecutive Super Bowls in the early ‘90’s. They lost all four. Does anyone credit them for making four consecutive Super Bowls? Nope, people shame them for losing more than they won. They’re considered losers. Same as Lebron. It is what it is.
Hair Jordan
Sophomore
And1: 477

Post#240 » by Hair Jordan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:43 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:

Still, this is all predicated on team stats going against ONE player which is still stupid af.

Read on Twitter

If bron had these stats, they win maybe 20% of the time only because he did so much more on the court.

Since it specified 96-98, not listed is the 3-18 in the all important game 3 with the bulls down 2-0 to the knicks where Pippen was the hero.

Great players aren’t always great, they’re just great when they have to be. That’s the difference between Jordan and Lebron.

Return to The General Board