No free pass for Lebron

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,843

Re: No free pass for Lebron 

Post#261 » by Marrrcuss » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:39 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
Meeksology wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:This board needs a stickied LeBron hate circlejerk thread.

Yup, just underneath a stickied lebroner slurpfest thread

He has fans… wild, I know

I’d rather be a fan of someone and talk about them, than to hate someone and talk about them all the time. These are not the same :lol:

There are now dudes that actually shame people for being sports fans. ITs weird af to me.

Like 3 different people here have taken the time to go to my profile and tell me how much I reply to lebron topics. Im like "Duh!". In what year did being a fan become a bad thing? And like you point out; they are not fans but post even more. Thats so friggin weird.
Hair Jordan
Sophomore
And1: 471

Post#262 » by Hair Jordan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:54 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
Hair Jordan wrote:
DOT wrote:I just think it's wild to say that a player who made the playoffs 16 out of 20 years and only lost in the 1st round 1 time so far is "synonymous with losing"

I get that MJ fans are super insecure, but still lol.

Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills made it to 4 consecutive Super Bowls in the early ‘90’s. They lost all four. Does anyone credit them for making four consecutive Super Bowls? Nope, people shame them for losing more than they won. They’re considered losers. Same as Lebron. It is what it is.

This comparison doesn’t make any sense. LeBron actually WON an NBA finals… hell he won four of them. Jim Kelly never won a Super Bowl. That’s why he’s looked down upon, he never achieved the ultimate goal.

Ok. John Elway was 2-3 in Super Bowls. Joe Montana was 4-0. Tom Brady was 7-3. Who’s your GOAT QB?
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach

Post#263 » by Marrrcuss » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:57 pm

Hair Jordan wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
Hair Jordan wrote:
Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills made it to 4 consecutive Super Bowls in the early ‘90’s. They lost all four. Does anyone credit them for making four consecutive Super Bowls? Nope, people shame them for losing more than they won. They’re considered losers. Same as Lebron. It is what it is.

This comparison doesn’t make any sense. LeBron actually WON an NBA finals… hell he won four of them. Jim Kelly never won a Super Bowl. That’s why he’s looked down upon, he never achieved the ultimate goal.

Ok. John Elway was 2-3 in Super Bowls. Joe Montana was 4-0. Tom Brady was 7-3. Who’s your GOAT QB?

Joe Montana. His performance IN the superbowls, every single one, is legendary. His passer rating is 30 points higher.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,172

Post#264 » by Edrees » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:08 pm

I will give him a free pass and there really isn't a single thing you can do about it. go to bed knowing tonight that I'm giving him a free pass and you have no control over the situation.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 2,975

Post#265 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:17 pm

Hair Jordan wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
Hair Jordan wrote:

The one with better numbers and superior performances who didn't get beaten twice by Peyton Manning's baby brother, so Montana. We really need to stop being blinded by rings and pay more attention to how these guys actually performed when it matters most. Every player has different reasons for being the GOATs of their profession. We can at the very least however use judgement and not blindly look at how many rings they won.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,883

Post#266 » by KembaWalker » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:34 pm

Funny thing is I don’t even really disagree with LeBron stans on a lot of things. I’ve said he’s the best basketball player ever (although Jokic might actually be better now). I don’t think MJ has some flawless career record. I do think the Wizards era is a stain on his career. I do think 2016 may be the best individual championship

All that stuff is fine. But at the end of the day, I can’t stand the anticompetitive path his career took, half of his titles being a mercenary on another guys team, coach killing, always hunting for MVP caliber prime teammates at every stop and abandoning them the second they decline.

His personal narrative is great with crazy longevity but his career narrative, to me, is pretty mediocre.

I’ll take a ring like Giannis or Jokic or even Curry where you built a team over a handful of mercenary rings. If Jokic wins one this year I’ll put his ring collection above LeBrons all day. And MJ has 6 of those rings
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach

Post#267 » by Marrrcuss » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:48 pm

KembaWalker wrote:Funny thing is I don’t even really disagree with LeBron stans on a lot of things. I’ve said he’s the best basketball player ever (although Jokic might actually be better now). I don’t think MJ has some flawless career record. I do think the Wizards era is a stain on his career. I do think 2016 may be the best individual championship

All that stuff is fine. But at the end of the day, I can’t stand the anticompetitive path his career took, half of his titles being a mercenary on another guys team, coach killing, always hunting for MVP caliber prime teammates at every stop and abandoning them the second they decline.

His personal narrative is great with crazy longevity but his career narrative, to me, is pretty mediocre.

I’ll take a ring like Giannis or Jokic or even Curry where you built a team over a handful of mercenary rings. If Jokic wins one this year I’ll put his ring collection above LeBrons all day. And MJ has 6 of those ring
s

Your integrity is shyt. To lie and say it as if he went back to Cleveland and certainly not to LA with a full team is dishonest and rather weak. Why lie?
Hell, even going to miami to be able to better fight the Big 4 in Boston shouldnt be looked at as badly as some of yall do.
I think its more about his political status or something. I know from dealing with other women that they will act like its about one thing when its really about another, lol.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,883

Post#268 » by KembaWalker » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:10 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:Funny thing is I don’t even really disagree with LeBron stans on a lot of things. I’ve said he’s the best basketball player ever (although Jokic might actually be better now). I don’t think MJ has some flawless career record. I do think the Wizards era is a stain on his career. I do think 2016 may be the best individual championship

I’ll take a ring like Giannis or Jokic or even Curry where you built a team over a handful of mercenary rings. If Jokic wins one this year I’ll put his ring collection above LeBrons all day. And MJ has 6 of those ring
s

Your integrity is shyt. To lie and say it as if he went back to Cleveland and certainly not to LA with a full team is dishonest and rather weak. Why lie?
Hell, even going to miami to be able to better fight the Big 4 in Boston shouldnt be looked at as badly as some of yall do.
I think its more about his political status or something. I know from dealing with other women that they will act like its about one thing when its really about another, lol.

I don’t believe that LeBron went to LA without a superstar client of his ready to demand a trade there. Unless you think that all went down super legit and organically? Then agree to disagree. He certainly has never done anything close to team building in LA
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,610

Post#269 » by Meeksology » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:31 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
Meeksology wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: At the low IQ drivel that is this post

His post makes sense if you read it with unbiased eyes

I’m not reading it with unbiased eyes, I’m reading it while using my brain. It’s pretty clear the people who And1 it weren’t doing that.

a biased brain.
Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#270 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:31 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
Meeksology wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: At the low IQ drivel that is this post

His post makes sense if you read it with unbiased eyes

I’m not reading it with unbiased eyes, I’m reading it while using my brain. It’s pretty clear the people who And1 it weren’t doing that.

I've decided to give this post another go and breakdown what is wrong with it. It's truly baffling to me that a post with so much nonsense can get 23 And1s and praise for what is very clearly a nonsensical rant with no real thought put into it. But since multiple people have given it undeserved praise, I've decided to take it upon myself to break down what is wrong with it.

shi-woo wrote:I just find it crazy how the face of the league gives up on his team so easily. For those of us who've followed his entire career this is just a reoccuring theme, and it's nauseating.

And what does "giving up on their team" mean exactly? In what context does this apply? He gave up on them last night? How? In what way? How often does he do it? Because anyone who actually has followed him his entire career would tell you this is utter nonsense, and for good reason. We're talking about the guy who led the only 3-1 comeback in an NBA Finals in NBA history, with back to back 40 point performances and a triple double to top it all off. We're talking about (and this isn't arguable btw) the greatest elimination game performer in NBA history. You're trying to paint one picture but the one reality has given us on a silver platter says otherwise. LeBron being a quitter stopped being a narrative back in 2012, when it was very clear that was a dumb thing to think from the start. Anyone who still thinks this way CLEARLY hasn't actually followed his career.

shi-woo wrote:Last night the discord I was in was crushing the announcers because the 1st half was a glaze fest for LeBron. "OMG that pass! OMG that 3pnt shot! OMG did you know hes 40! OMG he's screaming in DLo's face, what a leader! OMG that was the best bunny ears i've seen from a guy tying hi shoes!"

It gets annoying, and then it's crickets when the dude just shuts down. Passive aggressive and LeBron have been married since his early CLE days, and it's weird how he allows that to effect his team. It's like having a spouse that's mad at you but won't tell you why or want to talk about it. It just drains you, and is the exact opposite of leadership.

What the hell does this even mean? So because the guy clearly can't keep up with the pace he's playing at now, that makes him a poor leader? I think that more so points to him not being capable of doing the things we're all expecting of him anymore. That's not his fault, but for some reason that's something we should hold against him? What logical sense does that make? And what do you mean "passive aggressive"? How long have you watched the NBA for? NBA players showing a passive aggressive nature when they're losing has always been a thing. Almost every star player does it. Michael Jordan was even worse with it, so where the hell is the criticism for him? Where are the claims that he is a poor leader? Bron will at least own up to his mistakes, he'll admit when he's wrong. He was literally called a bitch by his own teammate, lashed out at him and apologized after, even though he didn't need to. But let me guess, the guy who punches his teammate is a great leader, right?

shi-woo wrote:I just don't understand how he can consistently get away with it, nor do I understand why every other star like KD, Steph, Embiid, and Jokic all have to go to extraordinary lengths just to prove they belong at the head of the league.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So what, you're saying LeBron himself didn't have to go to extraordinary lengths to prove he belonged at the head of the league? Winning three MVPs, having multiple historic performances the likes of which we've never seen before, leading the Cavaliers to multiple 60 win seasons, and having some of the most historically dominant seasons of all time, yet he needed to finally win that first championship just for him being the best player in the league to be the consensus. None of those four guys you just named have ever done all of these things to reach that point, not to mention two of them didn't even get to that point. They didn't have to go to "extraordinary lengths" because they never did, at least not in comparison to what LeBron has had to go through. Hell, Jokic did far less before winning his first title and by that point, him being the best player in the league was already the consensus. And don't even get me started on the far superior supporting casts they've been blessed with compared to LeBron.

shi-woo wrote:I've seen this man quit on 4 teams now, and I 'm really curious to what his fans say about this, because it's undeniable at this point. When the going gets tough, LEBron gets weak.

You didn't see any such thing and you're full of **** if you're claiming otherwise. There is one time where you can actually argue he's quit on his team, and that's 2010 when he outright admitted that he didn't think the Cavaliers were going to beat the Celtics.

shi-woo wrote:He grabbed 2 gimme title in shortened seasons, and formed another superteam with 2 other All-NBA players to get his other best ring. I'm still left unimpressed by LeBron and how he's carried himself. Every year I hear how guys like KD are snakes, or how Jokic and Curry just aren't HIM, but every year with LeBron and his fans it's Bugs Bunny "WE NEED MORE HELP!"

There is so much wrong with this one short section of your long blown out low IQ drivel of a post that I actually have to break it down into multiple sections.

1. He grabbed two gimme titles? This is an outright lie. I can and will give you 2020 (god forbid LeBron not have to face a team clearly superior to his with clear matchup advantages, god forbid he finally have it easy for once, as opposed to Jokic who had arguably the easiest path to a championship in NBA history), but 2012 was not a gimme title at all. For starters, LeBron had to put on a historic performance just to get his team TO the finals in the first place. And then there's his actual finals opponent themselves... the Thunder. I know people like to pretend that this was a clear mismatch when you consider the fact that the Heat won the series in 5... but in reality, the Thunder were favored to win this series and for good reasons. The Thunder had the better record despite playing in a more competitive conference, they had the better net rating, the better SRS rating and had the better offense on top of having a better team on paper and more depth. This was not a gimme title by any stretch of the imagination. The Thunder were an outstanding team, who just got beat by a very game Miami Heat squad.

2. Formed another superteam with two other all NBA players? Once again, this is an outright lie. He formed a superteam with ONE all NBA player, and that was Kevin Love. Yeah, fun fact: Kyrie Irving had not made an all NBA team at that point. In fact, he wouldn't make one until that very season, his first one playing with LeBron. And it was only the third team. Kevin Love on the other hand? That other all NBA player? He never made an All NBA team ever again once he joined Cleveland. But hey, why stop there? In LeBron's four years with Miami, Wade was the only other member of the Heat to make the all NBA team. He made the second team in 2011, and the third team in both 2012 and 2013, while failing to make it in 2014. Chris Bosh on the other hand never made the all NBA team once while he played with James (keep this part in mind, because I have a feeling it's going to be important for us to mention in a bit...). Another fun fact: LeBron has only had a teammate make first team all NBA once in his entire career. Wanna know what year that was? You guessed it, 2020 during LeBron's last true MVP caliber season and final championship campaign. I bet he wishes he would have had a teammate make first team all NBA during his prime... oh well. I guess he wasn't as lucky as *checks notes* Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, and Shaq, all of whom had teammates who made first team all NBA during their primes. But LeBron was the one who stacked the deck. Right.

3. Speaking of that other ring, the one you yourself said is his most impressive (the one correct thing you've said here), I've already corrected you in that LeBron only joined up with one other all NBA player when he went back to Cleveland, not two. But you wanna know something funny? What were that all NBA players stats in that championship that he won? 8 PPG and 6 RPG. And he did that against a 73 win team. Yet for some reason you aren't impressed that he won that title. Sounds to me like you have an agenda here.

4. I'm sorry, are LeBron fans not allowed to point out when his teams are flawed and clearly need to be better? I mean I can't speak for Jokic because I personally understand that he had unfavorable circumstances to work with for a while (sound familiar?), but both Curry and Durant have had the teams needed to get it done, and they, like LeBron, have had situations where their own weaknesses as players prevented them from being able to win it all. You want to know the difference between the three though? We have very good reasons to believe that LeBron can not only win it all, but in situations where he honestly has no business doing so. I am fully convinced at this point that Kevin Durant cannot win a championship without an all time supporting cast behind him. Curry did it one time in 2022, and hasn't come close to doing so since, and didn't come close before that.

shi-woo wrote:Like for real, you have people in this thread saying stuff like "They’ve never recovered from losing Carusol" Like come on man. He left his home town team again with 2 ALL-NBA guys to team up with AD, who also quit on his team to play with LeBron in LA. He handpicked every player he plays with, but Alex freaking Caruso is the deal breaker for you guys? Trading for Westbrook the icing on the cake?

Once again, another small section that has so much wrong with it that I have to break it down into multiple sections.

1. First off, if you're going to call out something I say, at least have the balls to quote me so I know you're doing it. I completely forgot you even did this originally because there was so much wrong with your post that my head was spinning after I was finished reading it all. But with that said: at least reveal EVERYTHING I've said and not just one part. Maybe then you'd have an actual point. As such, it wasn't just losing Caruso. I very clearly mention the Westbrook trade which had even far more detrimental affects on the Lakers. Not only was Westbrook a terrible fit who made the Lakers far worse, they had to give up KCP, Harrell, and Kuzma just to get him. This completely killed their depth, which was a big factor in them being champions in 2020 in the first place. The pieces they got after trading Westbrook away didn't make up for what they've lost, and thus, they haven't recovered from this debacle since. Don't get me wrong: LeBron is fully at fault for this, since he is the one who pushed for the trade to happen and practically orchestrated the whole thing, but that doesn't change the fact he was terrible on the team, and they gave up too much for something that ultimately made them worse.

2. There you go again with the "2 all NBA players" nonsense. I mean... this part in of itself requires multiple breakdowns but I'll do my best to keep it brief. LeBron did not leave his hometown with two all NBA players. This is, once again, an outright lie, on multiple fronts. LeBron was the only player on his team to make all NBA that season, so he clearly did not have two all NBA players with him. But more importantly: one of the two you're referring to weren't even on the damn team. Kyrie Irving got traded before 2018 began. So either you somehow forgot this, didn't know which is even worse, OR you knew and were hoping people would be gullible enough to believe you (and from the looks of it, they did). So which is it?

3. I've gone down this rabbit hole so many times, to the point where I'm legitimately baffled when I still have to explain it, but just because someone handpicked their teammates doesn't automatically make said team the greatest thing ever assembled. And for someone who CLAIMS they have followed LeBron all of their life, the one thing you should know by now is that when it comes to putting teams together, LeBron is hilariously bad at it. It is a well known fact that LeBron chose to go to Miami after Bosh chose to go there, but despite this, the team was a terrible fit for him and it wasn't until Miami made roster changes on their own accord that they were able to actually maximize LeBron's abilities as a player. Him pushing for the Westbrook trade was an all time blunder that just about anyone should have known wasn't going to work out well. When I was on reddit at the time, they went nuts about how bad of a trade this was, and the results spoke for themselves. Two years ago they were champions... but all of a sudden they were out of playoff contention, and this is with LeBron being second in scoring that season. That pretty much says it all right there.

4. If you truly can't understand why losing Caruso, KCP, Harrell and Kuzma, and the additions were Westbrook of all people, was a huge negative for the Lakers, that alone says it all about your very limited and laughably bad knowledge of the sport we are discussing.

shi-woo wrote:Jokic be out here creating a potential dynasty as the only All-star on his team, and a bunch of cast offs that no one else wanted. Imagine what he would be doing if he had 2 other Top 15 players on his team like LeBron has since 2011 :lol: It's just getting absurd, and I can't wait for this dude to retire so the Propaganda machine can leave with him (but we all know it's just going to ramp up and get worse, and these moments will get erased from history just like a certain nike hoops camp dunk)

I'm getting sick of having to do these breakdowns. Thank god this is the final section.

1. Jokic creating a potential dynasty? He's won one championship, and this year the Nuggets are clearly worse as a team. And I have a very hard time seeing them overcome the Celtics, assuming they even make it past the Timberwolves and Thunder.

2. Imagine what he would be doing? How about we imagine what LeBron would have done if he had anywhere close to the favorable circumstances that Jokic had last year. A team perfectly built for his strengths with multiple players capable of impacting the game in a variety of ways, facing a 7th seed in the WCF, and facing TWO 8th seeds, one of whom were his NBA Finals opponents!! The Nuggets had by far the easiest path to a championship in NBA history, but for some reason no one wants to point this out. Meanwhile, LeBron still had a much more difficult path to a finals in 2012 and 2020, and yet you're out here calling those gimme titles. This to me just further demonstrates that you have an agenda and aren't even attempting to be objective.

3. LeBron has had TWO top 15 players on his team since 2011? Oh man, this should be good. Who are they? Name them. He sure as hell did not have them when he was in Cleveland because by no stretch of the imagination was Kevin Love, who failed to make an all NBA team during that stretch, a top 15 player. Hell, an argument can be made that Irving wasn't even one. Lakers? Who are they. Anthony Davis is one, that's for sure, but who the hell is the other? Name them. Or is this just another outright lie from you?

Your entire post has been nothing but false narratives and made up nonsense. Is this the bar we are now setting? That a post filled with clear gaps in logic, obvious bull **** that can easily be disproven with a google search, and exaggerated statements that are far gone from reality, somehow make sense? I don't know about you guys, but where I come from, a statement filled with stuff like this are supposed to be disregarded and laughed at. But you know what? Screw it, I'm actually kind of glad a post like this exists because it just confirms what I already know and what I've been saying for a while now: LeBron haters do not care about facts, they don't care about reality, and they sure as hell do not care about even being right. You can just make stuff up and they will eat it all up, regardless of whether or not what's being said is asinine.

It makes sense when you used unbiased eyes... jesus christ.

One Last Shot
Starter
And1: 2,857

Post#271 » by One Last Shot » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:58 pm

I’ll take a ring like Giannis or Jokic or even Curry where you built a team over a handful of mercenary rings. If Jokic wins one this year I’ll put his ring collection above LeBrons all day. And MJ has 6 of those rings

If you think about it, everyone you mentioned in this post got drafted by a team with competent FO that provided them the championship core they needed to win a ring. Let's not stop there, let's see every Top 11-12 GOAT's career path and who they got in their team to have a decent chance to compete for an NBA title.

MJ got Pippen and Grant in his 4th Season with Bulls

KAJ got Robertson in his 2nd season with Bucks

Magic got KAJ in his Rookie Season with Lakers

Bird got McHale, Parish in his 2nd Season with Celtics

Duncan got Robinson in his Rookie Season with the Spurs then Parker, Manu and Kawhi later in his career

Kobe got Shaq in his Rookie Season then Gasol later in his career

Shaq got Penny, Anderson and Grant with the Magic

Steph got Klay and Draymond in his 3rd Season with Warriors then KD later in his career

Hakeem got Samson in his Rookie Season with Rockets then Drexler later in his career

Russell and Chamberlain both got superstack team

Giannis got Middleton in his 2nd season then Jrue, Brook and now Dame later in his career

Jokic got Murray in his 2nd season then MPJ/Gordon/KCP/Brown for his championship core later in his career

even KD got Harden and Westbrook with Thunder

If you will notice, most of them got their "robin" as early as their 2nd season of their career to the team that drafted them. Who did LeBron got in his first 7 years in Cleveland? Boozer who left Cleveland after his rookie season? Ricky Davis and Darius Miles? Big Z? Washed Shaq, Jamison and Ben? Mo Williams and Hughes?

LeBron is the only Top 11-12 GOAT in the entire NBA history who never had a a choice but to be a villain to people like you that he needed to leave the team(his hometown) that drafted him due to massive incompetence of their FO in order to win the first championship of Cleveland in 52 years. Other Top 12 GOATs doesn't need to leave their franchise and be a "mercenary", they just need to wait and trust their FO that they will provide the squad they need to compete. LeBron never had that luxury with Cavs.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,661

Post#272 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:26 pm

AlexanderRight wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
AlexanderRight wrote:There were only 3 less teams than there are now when MJ won his first chip and only 1 less team than now when he won his last. The difference in number of teams compared to now is basically nonexistent. Comparing that to the 8 team league in the 60’s is a joke.
Jordan got to face SIX fledgling expansion teams. Jordan got teams who overcommitted salaries to stars to prevent team ups. Jordan's NBA expansion is as different from Lebron's NBA as Russell's was to Jordan's. It's okay to acknowledge that. Jordan had advantages in winning just like Russell had just like Lebron was going to have until a one time salary exception allowed a maxed out Warriors to add a max KD.

It is what it is.

Sent from my SM-S9080 using RealGM mobile app

To say the league was different in the 90's is a fair discussion but the difference between MJ's NBA and Lebron's NBA isn't a fraction of the difference between Russell's and MJ's. You're equating a 10 year gap in the modern era to a 30 year gap from the civil rights era. To act like there's any legit comparison is a piss poor argument.
You know the significance rule changes that occurred during the Lebron era. It's why people.complain about modern basketball.

Jordan didn't have to deal with max contracts that created regular waves of free agency for superstars. He said he wouldn't have his career if he played in a zone league. He didn't play no contact defence and 3 point barrage. He didn't face a league that was one third international players.

He played in the rare 3 point era where the big man was still king. They played hands on basketball around the post player inside the 3 point line. Jordan's era is closer to Russell's than it is to the NBA today.

One_and_Done
Analyst
And1: 2,652

Post#273 » by One_and_Done » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:33 pm

Gregoire wrote:
Hair Jordan wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:Lebron is 39 lol.

Of course :crazy: You can’t have it both ways. You can’t stroke Lebron when he has a nice game or breaks some cumulative stats record and then let him off of the hook when he stinks it up in the playoffs by reminding people he’s 39. Typical response from a Lebron homer.

Exactly. Quitter mentality its very bad at any age. But LeBron is just rack up overall stats for longevity.

Yeh he quit all the way to the WCFs last year.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#274 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:37 pm

Hair Jordan wrote:
AlexanderRight wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:Jordan got to face SIX fledgling expansion teams. Jordan got teams who overcommitted salaries to stars to prevent team ups. Jordan's NBA expansion is as different from Lebron's NBA as Russell's was to Jordan's. It's okay to acknowledge that. Jordan had advantages in winning just like Russell had just like Lebron was going to have until a one time salary exception allowed a maxed out Warriors to add a max KD.

It is what it is.

To say the league was different in the 90's is a fair discussion but the difference between MJ's NBA and Lebron's NBA isn't a fraction of the difference between Russell's and MJ's. You're equating a 10 year gap in the modern era to a 30 year gap from the civil rights era. To act like there's any legit comparison is a piss poor argument.

Exactly. Jordan’s last title was in 1998 and Lebron’s first season was in 2003, only five years later. That’s like saying it was a wholly different league in 2019 than it is today.
Did max contracts exist in Jordan's time?
Zone defences?
International players
Analytics?
Freedom of movement?
The outside/in game?
The 3 point barrage?
Was there no expansion in Jordan's time?
Massive salary caps?
Social media?

I know you have to pretend the leagues are the same to discount why Jordan trumps Lebron but you can't use the same criteria to say Russell trumps Jordan.

I'm just saying it's a false narrative.

You can just say Jordan is the GOAT because NBC labeled him the GOAT. I would agree with you on that.

prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#275 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:39 pm

Hair Jordan wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
Hair Jordan wrote:

Is it number of championships, is it percentage or is it narrative?

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,596

Post#276 » by Tor_Raps » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:42 pm

Edrees wrote:I will give him a free pass and there really isn't a single thing you can do about it. go to bed knowing tonight that I'm giving him a free pass and you have no control over the situation.

Where do you live? We'll see if you still feel the same then.

/joke
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,392

Post#277 » by shi-woo » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:54 pm

Spoiler:
Iwasawitness wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
Meeksology wrote:His post makes sense if you read it with unbiased eyes

I've decided to give this post another go and breakdown what is wrong with it. It's truly baffling to me that a post with so much nonsense can get 23 And1s and praise for what is very clearly a nonsensical rant with no real thought put into it. But since multiple people have given it undeserved praise, I've decided to take it upon myself to break down what is wrong with it.

shi-woo wrote:I just find it crazy how the face of the league gives up on his team so easily. For those of us who've followed his entire career this is just a reoccuring theme, and it's nauseating.

And what does "giving up on their team" mean exactly? In what context does this apply? He gave up on them last night? How? In what way? How often does he do it? Because anyone who actually has followed him his entire career would tell you this is utter nonsense, and for good reason. We're talking about the guy who led the only 3-1 comeback in an NBA Finals in NBA history, with back to back 40 point performances and a triple double to top it all off. We're talking about (and this isn't arguable btw) the greatest elimination game performer in NBA history. You're trying to paint one picture but the one reality has given us on a silver platter says otherwise. LeBron being a quitter stopped being a narrative back in 2012, when it was very clear that was a dumb thing to think from the start. Anyone who still thinks this way CLEARLY hasn't actually followed his career.

shi-woo wrote:Last night the discord I was in was crushing the announcers because the 1st half was a glaze fest for LeBron. "OMG that pass! OMG that 3pnt shot! OMG did you know hes 40! OMG he's screaming in DLo's face, what a leader! OMG that was the best bunny ears i've seen from a guy tying hi shoes!"

It gets annoying, and then it's crickets when the dude just shuts down. Passive aggressive and LeBron have been married since his early CLE days, and it's weird how he allows that to effect his team. It's like having a spouse that's mad at you but won't tell you why or want to talk about it. It just drains you, and is the exact opposite of leadership.

What the hell does this even mean? So because the guy clearly can't keep up with the pace he's playing at now, that makes him a poor leader? I think that more so points to him not being capable of doing the things we're all expecting of him anymore. That's not his fault, but for some reason that's something we should hold against him? What logical sense does that make? And what do you mean "passive aggressive"? How long have you watched the NBA for? NBA players showing a passive aggressive nature when they're losing has always been a thing. Almost every star player does it. Michael Jordan was even worse with it, so where the hell is the criticism for him? Where are the claims that he is a poor leader? Bron will at least own up to his mistakes, he'll admit when he's wrong. He was literally called a bitch by his own teammate, lashed out at him and apologized after, even though he didn't need to. But let me guess, the guy who punches his teammate is a great leader, right?

shi-woo wrote:I just don't understand how he can consistently get away with it, nor do I understand why every other star like KD, Steph, Embiid, and Jokic all have to go to extraordinary lengths just to prove they belong at the head of the league.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So what, you're saying LeBron himself didn't have to go to extraordinary lengths to prove he belonged at the head of the league? Winning three MVPs, having multiple historic performances the likes of which we've never seen before, leading the Cavaliers to multiple 60 win seasons, and having some of the most historically dominant seasons of all time, yet he needed to finally win that first championship just for him being the best player in the league to be the consensus. None of those four guys you just named have ever done all of these things to reach that point, not to mention two of them didn't even get to that point. They didn't have to go to "extraordinary lengths" because they never did, at least not in comparison to what LeBron has had to go through. Hell, Jokic did far less before winning his first title and by that point, him being the best player in the league was already the consensus. And don't even get me started on the far superior supporting casts they've been blessed with compared to LeBron.

shi-woo wrote:I've seen this man quit on 4 teams now, and I 'm really curious to what his fans say about this, because it's undeniable at this point. When the going gets tough, LEBron gets weak.

You didn't see any such thing and you're full of **** if you're claiming otherwise. There is one time where you can actually argue he's quit on his team, and that's 2010 when he outright admitted that he didn't think the Cavaliers were going to beat the Celtics.

shi-woo wrote:He grabbed 2 gimme title in shortened seasons, and formed another superteam with 2 other All-NBA players to get his other best ring. I'm still left unimpressed by LeBron and how he's carried himself. Every year I hear how guys like KD are snakes, or how Jokic and Curry just aren't HIM, but every year with LeBron and his fans it's Bugs Bunny "WE NEED MORE HELP!"

There is so much wrong with this one short section of your long blown out low IQ drivel of a post that I actually have to break it down into multiple sections.

1. He grabbed two gimme titles? This is an outright lie. I can and will give you 2020 (god forbid LeBron not have to face a team clearly superior to his with clear matchup advantages, god forbid he finally have it easy for once, as opposed to Jokic who had arguably the easiest path to a championship in NBA history), but 2012 was not a gimme title at all. For starters, LeBron had to put on a historic performance just to get his team TO the finals in the first place. And then there's his actual finals opponent themselves... the Thunder. I know people like to pretend that this was a clear mismatch when you consider the fact that the Heat won the series in 5... but in reality, the Thunder were favored to win this series and for good reasons. The Thunder had the better record despite playing in a more competitive conference, they had the better net rating, the better SRS rating and had the better offense on top of having a better team on paper and more depth. This was not a gimme title by any stretch of the imagination. The Thunder were an outstanding team, who just got beat by a very game Miami Heat squad.

2. Formed another superteam with two other all NBA players? Once again, this is an outright lie. He formed a superteam with ONE all NBA player, and that was Kevin Love. Yeah, fun fact: Kyrie Irving had not made an all NBA team at that point. In fact, he wouldn't make one until that very season, his first one playing with LeBron. And it was only the third team. Kevin Love on the other hand? That other all NBA player? He never made an All NBA team ever again once he joined Cleveland. But hey, why stop there? In LeBron's four years with Miami, Wade was the only other member of the Heat to make the all NBA team. He made the second team in 2011, and the third team in both 2012 and 2013, while failing to make it in 2014. Chris Bosh on the other hand never made the all NBA team once while he played with James (keep this part in mind, because I have a feeling it's going to be important for us to mention in a bit...). Another fun fact: LeBron has only had a teammate make first team all NBA once in his entire career. Wanna know what year that was? You guessed it, 2020 during LeBron's last true MVP caliber season and final championship campaign. I bet he wishes he would have had a teammate make first team all NBA during his prime... oh well. I guess he wasn't as lucky as *checks notes* Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, and Shaq, all of whom had teammates who made first team all NBA during their primes. But LeBron was the one who stacked the deck. Right.

3. Speaking of that other ring, the one you yourself said is his most impressive (the one correct thing you've said here), I've already corrected you in that LeBron only joined up with one other all NBA player when he went back to Cleveland, not two. But you wanna know something funny? What were that all NBA players stats in that championship that he won? 8 PPG and 6 RPG. And he did that against a 73 win team. Yet for some reason you aren't impressed that he won that title. Sounds to me like you have an agenda here.

4. I'm sorry, are LeBron fans not allowed to point out when his teams are flawed and clearly need to be better? I mean I can't speak for Jokic because I personally understand that he had unfavorable circumstances to work with for a while (sound familiar?), but both Curry and Durant have had the teams needed to get it done, and they, like LeBron, have had situations where their own weaknesses as players prevented them from being able to win it all. You want to know the difference between the three though? We have very good reasons to believe that LeBron can not only win it all, but in situations where he honestly has no business doing so. I am fully convinced at this point that Kevin Durant cannot win a championship without an all time supporting cast behind him. Curry did it one time in 2022, and hasn't come close to doing so since, and didn't come close before that.

shi-woo wrote:Like for real, you have people in this thread saying stuff like "They’ve never recovered from losing Carusol" Like come on man. He left his home town team again with 2 ALL-NBA guys to team up with AD, who also quit on his team to play with LeBron in LA. He handpicked every player he plays with, but Alex freaking Caruso is the deal breaker for you guys? Trading for Westbrook the icing on the cake?

Once again, another small section that has so much wrong with it that I have to break it down into multiple sections.

1. First off, if you're going to call out something I say, at least have the balls to quote me so I know you're doing it. I completely forgot you even did this originally because there was so much wrong with your post that my head was spinning after I was finished reading it all. But with that said: at least reveal EVERYTHING I've said and not just one part. Maybe then you'd have an actual point. As such, it wasn't just losing Caruso. I very clearly mention the Westbrook trade which had even far more detrimental affects on the Lakers. Not only was Westbrook a terrible fit who made the Lakers far worse, they had to give up KCP, Harrell, and Kuzma just to get him. This completely killed their depth, which was a big factor in them being champions in 2020 in the first place. The pieces they got after trading Westbrook away didn't make up for what they've lost, and thus, they haven't recovered from this debacle since. Don't get me wrong: LeBron is fully at fault for this, since he is the one who pushed for the trade to happen and practically orchestrated the whole thing, but that doesn't change the fact he was terrible on the team, and they gave up too much for something that ultimately made them worse.

2. There you go again with the "2 all NBA players" nonsense. I mean... this part in of itself requires multiple breakdowns but I'll do my best to keep it brief. LeBron did not leave his hometown with two all NBA players. This is, once again, an outright lie, on multiple fronts. LeBron was the only player on his team to make all NBA that season, so he clearly did not have two all NBA players with him. But more importantly: one of the two you're referring to weren't even on the damn team. Kyrie Irving got traded before 2018 began. So either you somehow forgot this, didn't know which is even worse, OR you knew and were hoping people would be gullible enough to believe you (and from the looks of it, they did). So which is it?

3. I've gone down this rabbit hole so many times, to the point where I'm legitimately baffled when I still have to explain it, but just because someone handpicked their teammates doesn't automatically make said team the greatest thing ever assembled. And for someone who CLAIMS they have followed LeBron all of their life, the one thing you should know by now is that when it comes to putting teams together, LeBron is hilariously bad at it. It is a well known fact that LeBron chose to go to Miami after Bosh chose to go there, but despite this, the team was a terrible fit for him and it wasn't until Miami made roster changes on their own accord that they were able to actually maximize LeBron's abilities as a player. Him pushing for the Westbrook trade was an all time blunder that just about anyone should have known wasn't going to work out well. When I was on reddit at the time, they went nuts about how bad of a trade this was, and the results spoke for themselves. Two years ago they were champions... but all of a sudden they were out of playoff contention, and this is with LeBron being second in scoring that season. That pretty much says it all right there.

4. If you truly can't understand why losing Caruso, KCP, Harrell and Kuzma, and the additions were Westbrook of all people, was a huge negative for the Lakers, that alone says it all about your very limited and laughably bad knowledge of the sport we are discussing.

shi-woo wrote:Jokic be out here creating a potential dynasty as the only All-star on his team, and a bunch of cast offs that no one else wanted. Imagine what he would be doing if he had 2 other Top 15 players on his team like LeBron has since 2011 :lol: It's just getting absurd, and I can't wait for this dude to retire so the Propaganda machine can leave with him (but we all know it's just going to ramp up and get worse, and these moments will get erased from history just like a certain nike hoops camp dunk)

I'm getting sick of having to do these breakdowns. Thank god this is the final section.

1. Jokic creating a potential dynasty? He's won one championship, and this year the Nuggets are clearly worse as a team. And I have a very hard time seeing them overcome the Celtics, assuming they even make it past the Timberwolves and Thunder.

2. Imagine what he would be doing? How about we imagine what LeBron would have done if he had anywhere close to the favorable circumstances that Jokic had last year. A team perfectly built for his strengths with multiple players capable of impacting the game in a variety of ways, facing a 7th seed in the WCF, and facing TWO 8th seeds, one of whom were his NBA Finals opponents!! The Nuggets had by far the easiest path to a championship in NBA history, but for some reason no one wants to point this out. Meanwhile, LeBron still had a much more difficult path to a finals in 2012 and 2020, and yet you're out here calling those gimme titles. This to me just further demonstrates that you have an agenda and aren't even attempting to be objective.

3. LeBron has had TWO top 15 players on his team since 2011? Oh man, this should be good. Who are they? Name them. He sure as hell did not have them when he was in Cleveland because by no stretch of the imagination was Kevin Love, who failed to make an all NBA team during that stretch, a top 15 player. Hell, an argument can be made that Irving wasn't even one. Lakers? Who are they. Anthony Davis is one, that's for sure, but who the hell is the other? Name them. Or is this just another outright lie from you?

Your entire post has been nothing but false narratives and made up nonsense. Is this the bar we are now setting? That a post filled with clear gaps in logic, obvious bull **** that can easily be disproven with a google search, and exaggerated statements that are far gone from reality, somehow make sense? I don't know about you guys, but where I come from, a statement filled with stuff like this are supposed to be disregarded and laughed at. But you know what? Screw it, I'm actually kind of glad a post like this exists because it just confirms what I already know and what I've been saying for a while now: LeBron haters do not care about facts, they don't care about reality, and they sure as hell do not care about even being right. You can just make stuff up and they will eat it all up, regardless of whether or not what's being said is asinine.

It makes sense when you used unbiased eyes... jesus christ.

This be the propaganda i'm talking about :lol: You're username is literally LeBron's propagandized slogan, sorry if you're finding it hard to believe some of us think you're the one with the tinted glasses here.

A quick good search my friend will also show that LeBron switched teams after going to 4 strait finals. Then again after 4 strait finals. It will also show that he only took 1 shot in the 4th last night, and it was on a missed putback with 2 minutes left in the game. I'll admit, perspective is going to be different on this, but to me, all 3 of those are forms of quitting on your guys. You already admitted he did it in 2010, that isn't arguable, so why is it so absurd to think he would do it again?

You mentioned team mates, and again I don't think LeBron fans want to walk down that road. He left Wade and Bosh, two guys that received MVP votes the year prior to teaming up with him, were all-stars every year they played with him, and all-stars the year after he left. KLove was an MVP candidate and All NBA player the year prior to teaming up. Kyrie Irvin was an All-star the year prior, and All-NBA the year they teamed up as he just entered his prime. AD was, surprise surprise, an MVP candidate and ALL-NBA player right before he joined LeBron in LA. So what am I missing, did LeBron not always play with another MVP calibur player? What point were you trying to make there?

Or are you using the logic that everything that these guys did prior to LeBron didn't matter, and that 3rd options on the team like Bosh (24/10 last year in TOR) and Love (26/2 last year in Minny) should have been putting up the same stats AS THE THIRD OPTION? Of coarse these guys weren't going to make the All-Nba team while playing with 2 other MVP caliber players. That doesn't take away from the fact that they were All-NBA players in their primes :banghead: :banghead:

Again, a LeBron fan should not critique other plays roads to the finals :lol: Don't go down that road son, it's dark and scary for LeBron fans, unless you really want to start arguing about how good Roy Hibbert, Joakim Noah, Isaiah Thomas, and Kyle Korver are.

And that last part is where we differ. You clearly view LeBrons accomplishments against teams like the Paul George/Roy Hibbert Pacers and IT Celtics as great accomplishments. I don't, and think that when he goes against teams of similar talent levels, he usually loses. That's his finals record for you, 4/9. Beating an 18 year old Jayson Tatum in a game 7 isn't exactly getting the rest of us hot and bothered :lol:

All of that writing just to stand up for a guy who threw in the towel, and to convince us that he was simple "tired"
Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#278 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:26 pm

shi-woo wrote:This be the propaganda i'm talking about :lol: You're username is literally LeBron's propagandized slogan, sorry if you're finding it hard to believe some of us think you're the one with the tinted glasses here.

Because making up facts is the correct way to go, right?

shi-woo wrote:A quick good search my friend will also show that LeBron switched teams after going to 4 strait finals. Then again after 4 strait finals. It will also show that he only took 1 shot in the 4th last night, and it was on a missed putback with 2 minutes left in the game. I'll admit, perspective is going to be different on this, but to me, all 3 of those are forms of quitting on your guys. You already admitted he did it in 2010, that isn't arguable, so why is it so absurd to think he would do it again?

I'm sorry, when did I ever admit that he quit in 2010? I pretty clearly claim that's the only time you can ARGUE it, that doesn't mean I agree with it. FYI, I don't agree at all that he quit. He definitely raised a lot of eyebrows when he said that he didn't think the Cavaliers could beat the Celtics, but that almost never is going to stop someone from trying their best... case and point, LeBron came back the next game with a 29 point triple double. He obviously didn't quit.

shi-woo wrote:You mentioned team mates, and again I don't think LeBron fans want to walk down that road. He left Wade and Bosh, two guys that received MVP votes the year prior to teaming up with him, were all-stars every year they played with him, and all-stars the year after he left.

"Two guys that received MVP votes the year prior to teaming up with him".

I'm sorry, who are we talking about exactly? I mean, Dwayne Wade I'll give you but Chris Bosh?? Huh? He got one MVP vote... and it was a fifth place MVP vote. He got the same amount of points for the award as Stephen Jackson. You're accusing me of propaganda and then you pull out this nonsense?

shi-woo wrote: KLove was an MVP candidate and All NBA player the year prior to teaming up. Kyrie Irvin was an All-star the year prior, and All-NBA the year they teamed up as he just entered his prime.

I can do this all day buddy. Kevin Love wasn't even top ten in MVP voting the year prior to joining LeBron. Try again.

shi-woo wrote:AD was, surprise surprise, an MVP candidate and ALL-NBA player right before he joined LeBron in LA.

AD literally wasn't either of those things. Not only did AD not make all NBA in 2019, he didn't even get an MVP vote.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_2019.html

Now, granted, this was the season where he told the team he would be leaving in FA and so they held him out for a while. Naturally, he wasn't going to make all NBA or get MVP consideration. But regardless, you're still wrong... again, so it's fun to point it out.

shi-woo wrote:So what am I missing, did LeBron not always play with another MVP calibur player? What point were you trying to make there?

No, he in fact did not always play with an MVP caliber player. Again, if you're going to try to get away with stating outright bull ****, the least you could do is TRY to at least make sure what you're saying is correct.

shi-woo wrote:Or are you using the logic that everything that these guys did prior to LeBron didn't matter, and that 3rd options on the team like Bosh (24/10 last year in TOR) and Love (26/2 last year in Minny) should have been putting up the same stats AS THE THIRD OPTION? Of coarse these guys weren't going to make the All-Nba team while playing with 2 other MVP caliber players. That doesn't take away from the fact that they were All-NBA players in their primes :banghead: :banghead:

Well here's the problem, those guys you're talking about weren't MVP caliber players. MVP caliber players don't finish outside the top ten in MVP voting, let alone fail to make the cut. Also, you keep calling these guys all nba players... they weren't. Chris Bosh made one all NBA team. One, and it was in 2007. He was never that caliber of a player, let alone an MVP candidate. Kyrie Irving has been in the league for 12 years and has made a grand total of three all NBA teams. You are acting like he's a regular first team member.

But even if that were all the case, if what you were in fact saying is true... that still doesn't change the very thing you just said, which is that two of these guys being regulated to third options on offense severely impacted their effectiveness as players. In other words, they weren't all NBA caliber players when playing alongside him. So I don't even understand what point you're trying to make here other than to point out what LeBron joined, not how it actually played out. In fact, the only person who seemed to thrive while playing alongside LeBron was Anthony Davis, who actually did manage to make first team all NBA. Hmm... maybe that's because they didn't have to make major adjustments to their game, you know, like what happened with the Heat and the Cavs?

shi-woo wrote:Again, a LeBron fan should not critique other plays roads to the finals :lol: Don't go down that road son, it's dark and scary for LeBron fans, unless you really want to start arguing about how good Roy Hibbert, Joakim Noah, Isaiah Thomas, and Kyle Korver are.

Oh I am ready to go down that road... because I'm very much aware of the times when LeBron had it easy (looking at you 2017). The only thing is, I'm also well aware of when he's had a difficult road and still overcame it anyways (hello 2018). One thing remains though: not a single one of LeBron's years come anywhere CLOSE to being the absolute cakewalk of a path to a finals as well as the opponent that Jokic had in 2023, and if you are even going to try to deny it, YOU are the one propaganding your argument here. You and I both know its true, the least you can do is own up to that fact.

shi-woo wrote:And that last part is where we differ. You clearly view LeBrons accomplishments against teams like the Paul George/Roy Hibbert Pacers and IT Celtics as great accomplishments. I don't, and think that when he goes against teams of similar talent levels, he usually loses. That's his finals record for you, 4/9. Beating an 18 year old Jayson Tatum in a game 7 isn't exactly getting the rest of us hot and bothered :lol:

Yeah, because we view the sport of basketball very differently. You view it from a lense that for some reason shows basketball as a one on one game where it's just LeBron against the opposing teams best player, hence why you want to name drop certain players and ignore the dispraises in the respective teams (naming Korver and ignoring that he was on a 60 win team that the Cavs still swept without one of their "all NBA" players, naming George and ignoring that the Pacers had the top ranked defense in both 13 and 14 on top of matching up extremely well with the Heat, and mentioning that Tatum was 18 years old and ignoring that the Celtics were the better team from top to bottom and it wasn't even close, on top of them having not only the top ranked defense and a 3+ SRS advantage, making the Cavaliers very clear underdogs).

So yes, I am in fact very impressed that LeBron has been able to beat some really great teams via historic carry jobs, the likes of which MJ could only dream of. When you're smart enough to be able to apply context to the given situation and realize what actually happened, it really changes your perspective on things.

shi-woo wrote:All of that writing just to stand up for a guy who threw in the towel, and to convince us that he was simple "tired"

My bad, maybe I should just make **** up and appeal to the people who lack critical thinking skills next time. I'm sorry.

AlexanderRight
Senior
And1: 767

Post#279 » by AlexanderRight » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:10 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Hair Jordan wrote:
AlexanderRight wrote:

Exactly. Jordan’s last title was in 1998 and Lebron’s first season was in 2003, only five years later. That’s like saying it was a wholly different league in 2019 than it is today.
Did max contracts exist in Jordan's time?
Zone defences?
International players
Analytics?
Freedom of movement?
The outside/in game?
The 3 point barrage?
Was there no expansion in Jordan's time?
Massive salary caps?
Social media?

I know you have to pretend the leagues are the same to discount why Jordan trumps Lebron but you can't use the same criteria to say Russell trumps Jordan.

I'm just saying it's a false narrative.

You can just say Jordan is the GOAT because NBC labeled him the GOAT. I would agree with you on that.

The push back against Russell's rings isn't the playstyle of that era. It's the extremely low number of teams which increased his chances of winning and the 12 HOFers he played with.

Your arguments against the 90s are about that era's playstyle which is fine when comparing eras but inefficient when comparing individual players. MJ excelled in the era he came up up in better than LBJ did in his era. If you wanna tell yourself that MJ wouldn't have adapted to today's game had he played now, sure keep knocking yourself out, but if your GOAT argument is just another hypothetical that you can't prove, then you've already lost.

MJ and Lebron would be mega stars in any era. Compare what they actually did. Not "what woulda happened if this, this n that, and this was different."
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,612

Post#280 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:27 pm

Return to The General Board