"Marginal Contact"

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,448

Re: "Marginal Contact" 

Post#21 » by JRoy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:13 am

KyRo23 wrote:
JRoy wrote:Great chance for LAL to see how the other half lives.

So then do we agree it's not rigged for LA?

This happens every year :lol: all I hear is the refs are gifting LA wins, then it happens the other way and everyone goes "see how it feels?!"... but no wait... you can't have both. The logic can't work both ways if the first part is true.

What victims!

Refs need to donate more FTA.

Your gotcha fails; one blown call against LAL doesn’t make up for perpetual favoritism and outright game rigging.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,292

Post#22 » by Statlanta » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:14 am

This was more of a foul than the Murray call that got him free throws for the 98 and 99 basket. This is why you get HCA to get the refs in your pocket.
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,037

Post#23 » by KyRo23 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:14 am

JRoy wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
JRoy wrote:Great chance for LAL to see how the other half lives.

This happens every year :lol: all I hear is the refs are gifting LA wins, then it happens the other way and everyone goes "see how it feels?!"... but no wait... you can't have both. The logic can't work both ways if the first part is true.

What victims!

Your gotcha fails; one blown call against LAL doesn’t make up for perpetual favoritism and outright game rigging.

I'm fine with missed calls. LA is no victim to officiating usually. I just want to clear it up for the people saying it's rigged, because it's always rigged until it isn't... Not one of you guys have explained it to me, I'll give you another shot

Refs had a great chance to make this 1-1. Why wouldn't it happen?
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,460

Post#24 » by TheGOATRises007 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:16 am

It was a terrible call to be honest. Lakers got hosed on that 1.

But of all the franchises to complain about calls, they should be the last ones. They have a ring because of rigged officiating back in 2002.
JRoy
RealGM

Post#25 » by JRoy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:17 am

KyRo23 wrote:
JRoy wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

What victims!

I'm fine with missed calls. LA is no victim to officiating usually. I just want to clear it up for the people saying it's rigged, because it's always rigged until it isn't... Not one of you guys have explained it to me, I'll give you another shot

Only so much they can do.

Need to give LAL triple the DEN FTA next time.
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by KyRo23 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:18 am

JRoy wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
JRoy wrote:
What victims!

Cop out response :lol:

Someone will explain it to me one day. Today is not that day
JRoy
RealGM

Post#27 » by JRoy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:21 am

KyRo23 wrote:
JRoy wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

I don’t know how much simpler it can be.
Edrees wrote:

Individual
Junior
And1: 379

Post#28 » by Individual » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:21 am

KyRo23 wrote:
JRoy wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

These people are at a loss for words when the Lakers get screwed :lol: their conspiracies proven false
KyRo23
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by KyRo23 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:23 am

JRoy wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
JRoy wrote:

I don’t know how much simpler it can be.

It would be simpler if you answered without a runaround statement. There was a great chance to rig it for LA. LeBron on his and 1 that wasn't called. LeBron's drive before that where he got hit in the body like how LeBron did Murray, who got FTs at the end. Seems like ones that could have been called for a rigging.

Maybe game 3!
FrobeBryant
Senior
And1: 715

Post#30 » by FrobeBryant » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:24 am

The mental gymnastics from some of y'all :lol: Getting slapped across the face has always been a foul. So you’re telling me if a player shoots a layup then gets punched on the way down after releasing the ball, it’s not a foul? I know yall hate the Lakers and LeBron but at least be reasonable with your takes.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,309

Post#31 » by Lunartic » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:49 am

KyRo23 wrote:
JRoy wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

What victims!

Rigging = orchestrating a specific outcome by any means necessary

Favoritism = giving the Lakers insane amounts of FTA in an effort to bolster their chances at making the playoffs

I doubt anyone is actually saying the League is cheating to ensure the Lakers win the title, they just have repeatedly been the beneficiaries of soft calls all season long.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by KyRo23 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:52 am

Lunartic wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
JRoy wrote:
What victims!

Rigging = orchestrating a specific outcome by any means necessary

Favoritism = giving the Lakers insane amounts of FTA in an effort to bolster their chances at making the playoffs

I doubt anyone is actually saying the League is cheating to ensure the Lakers win the title, they just have repeatedly been the beneficiaries of soft calls all season long.

For sure, but if you can do that for an 82 game season to ensure LA makes the playoffs, why just ditch that as soon as it starts? Great chance to add extra games to this series, or at least make it 1-1. You'd think if they wanted LA in the playoffs THAT bad, they'd want them to play more games in the playoffs, no?

It all sounds kind of dumb when you break it down. Is the NBA really hurting for 4 singular Lakers playoff games that they would favorite them for 6 months? Surely they could keep doing it and keep them in there
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,748

Post#33 » by nzahir » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:54 am

Basically cost the Lakers the game and likely a real shot at the series, just unbelievable

Lakers need to bring up the officiating just like how Darryl Morrey is right now
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,627

Post#34 » by NCHeels2008 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:11 am

nzahir wrote:Basically cost the Lakers the game and likely a real shot at the series, just unbelievable

Lakers need to bring up the officiating just like how Darryl Morrey is right now

nah he looks like a punk for that and it wont help
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,248

Post#35 » by Sgt Major » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:14 am

Lakers fans complaining about the refs is so sweet.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
HanzGruber
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,090

Post#36 » by HanzGruber » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:14 am

Really makes no sense. What if it was a pass instead and he got hit in the face. Is it not a foul then?
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,748

Post#37 » by NyKnicks1714 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:16 am

Statlanta wrote:This was more of a foul than the Murray call that got him free throws for the 98 and 99 basket. This is why you get HCA to get the refs in your pocket.

Remember the refs made the call on Porter. Then Malone challenged and it was overturned. If only there was a mechanism in place to potentially get the LeBron foul overturned too...
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 907

Re: 

Post#38 » by bubonicphoniks » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:17 am

Lakers fans always whining about the refs yet they've won multiple titles because of officiating.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,001

Post#39 » by jfs1000d » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:19 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:We all saw the hit to the face on a Lakers player that got reversed because it was "Marginal Contact". I've never seen this before during a regular season game I don't think, especially when the player is hit in the face. Is this a regular thing, or only during the playoffs?

Read on Twitter
?t=pckIFpP2Ym0KNObfi7ipoQ&s=19

Hit to the face after the ball is released, while the defender is making a natural play, is not a foul.

The hit to the face was incidental, didn’t cause Russell to miss a shot. Same thing happened to Jaylen Brown in a regular season game earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,369

Re: 

Post#40 » by levon » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:22 am

jfs1000d wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:We all saw the hit to the face on a Lakers player that got reversed because it was "Marginal Contact". I've never seen this before during a regular season game I don't think, especially when the player is hit in the face. Is this a regular thing, or only during the playoffs?

Read on Twitter
?t=pckIFpP2Ym0KNObfi7ipoQ&s=19

Hit to the face after the ball is released, while the defender is making a natural play, is not a foul.

The hit to the face was incidental, didn’t cause Russell to miss a shot. Same thing happened to Jaylen Brown in a regular season game earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to AD twice which caused him to miss 3 games in a season where he played 76 and every game mattered. So what you're telling me is it's a flagrant 1 whenever a shooter kicks out their leg and it's a "landing space" foul, but you can injure players in the head with impunity.

If this was a video game, the players would have rage quit. The entire product is bug-ridden.

Return to The General Board