Nuggets, I'm concerned

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

lessthanjake
Sixth Man
And1: 1,237

Re: Nuggets, I'm concerned 

Post#41 » by lessthanjake » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:38 pm

Mir wrote:Ya all misunderstood me.

I know the Lakers are better than your average 7th seed, and that facing Lebron and AD is not going to be an easy task.

But, the Nuggets are also not yout typical high seed team, they are the reigning champs, with arguably the best player in the world and are willing to repeat.

When I say I'm concerned, it's not about the outcome of this first round, I know they are gonna beat the Lakers.
No, I'm more concerned about their (potential) title run, cause they are going to play againt much tougher teams then (Clippers or Mavs, probably Twolves then the Celtics), and so far the Nuggets have not proven they are going to dominate them.

I think the flip side of the Lakers being significantly better than your typical 7th seed is that the other higher-seeded teams in the West aren’t actually necessarily “much tougher teams” than the Lakers. I do agree that beating the Celtics will be an uphill climb though, but that’s more that beating a 10+ SRS team is unlikely no matter who you are.

Anyways, I think the Nuggets probably won’t repeat. Every team in the West is really talented (with the exception of the Pelicans without Zion), and they’re all dangerous. Denver would be favored in any matchup in the West, but I don’t know that I’d favor them to get through *three* matchups in the West. And then I think they’d be disfavored straight up against the Celtics in the Finals (though obviously the Celtics could theoretically lose before that—and the Nuggets would be favored against anyone else in the East).
OhayoKD wrote:Lebron contributes more to all the phases of play than Messi does. And he is of course a defensive anchor unlike messi.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,269

Post#42 » by Catchall » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:58 pm

Nuggets really only need to lock in for about 8 or 10 minutes to beat the Lakers, and both teams know it at this point.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,120

Post#43 » by Woodsanity » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:00 pm

Lakers would beat the Thunder.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,492

Post#44 » by nbafan38 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:03 pm

Not sure if this is a meant more as a knock on the nuggets or a subtle knock on the lakers but the lakers are not a real 7 seed and if anything what Denver pulled off last night makes me more confident in their chances rather than less. Denver may want to stop sleeping in the first halves of games though.
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,844

Post#45 » by Triple M » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:19 pm

tsherkin wrote:
Triple M wrote:Lakers cant really play a full game because LeBron and AD cant play 40 mins. Too many mins where the 4th to 6th best laker was innitiating offense because the top 2 Lakers were fatigued

They have played 84 and 79 minutes across 2 games. They have done it. Both of them have olayed well. Their stamina is not what has caused issues for LA at all.

Yes they played well but for example becauce of fatigue there were moments where Prince, Dinwiddie and Rui were chucking up desperation shots because Bron was playing more off ball
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,428

Post#46 » by zero rings » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:25 pm

We aren’t going to repeat with Murray shooting 37.5% from the field, that’s for sure. He’s our only offensive creator outside of Jokic, and if he’s not making shots we’re in trouble.
Mir
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#47 » by Mir » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:07 pm

zero rings wrote:We aren’t going to repeat with Murray shooting 37.5% from the field, that’s for sure. He’s our only offensive creator outside of Jokic, and if he’s not making shots we’re in trouble.

Indeed.
Also, what the FO did during the last offseason was criminal.
I mean, how can you have Deandre Jordan as your backup center?
GusFring
Starter
And1: 2,671

Post#48 » by GusFring » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:11 pm

Sgt Major wrote:Outisde of Jokic and MPJ, they shot 0/20 for three. And won.

Pretty amazing when framed like this, lakers have zero chance, I wouldn't be concerned for the nuggets.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,616

Post#49 » by Dominator83 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:13 pm

OxAndFox wrote:Don't be. They're not going to lose a game in this first round.

Really? They were barely able to even hold serve. They will lose this series if they don't take 1 of these next 2 in LA
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,375

Post#50 » by tsherkin » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:34 pm

Triple M wrote:
tsherkin wrote:
Triple M wrote:Lakers cant really play a full game because LeBron and AD cant play 40 mins. Too many mins where the 4th to 6th best laker was innitiating offense because the top 2 Lakers were fatigued

They have played 84 and 79 minutes across 2 games. They have done it. Both of them have olayed well. Their stamina is not what has caused issues for LA at all.

Yes they played well but for example becauce of fatigue there were moments where Prince, Dinwiddie and Rui were chucking up desperation shots because Bron was playing more off ball

Rivht but that would happen to anyone, is my point. At any age, you shoulder the burden and you can burn out. And the bench was not helpful, nor did they got hot production from many others.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,272

Post#51 » by ShootersShoot » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:55 pm

The bench will be a concern this whole playoffs, that is for sure. I'm not convinced barely beating a team in a playoff game is a cause for concern in itself, though.
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,475

Post#52 » by Bank Shot » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:59 pm

They haven't played well yet, but nothing is standing out as too concerning. Just guys missing shots they normally make. Also worth remembering that they played their worst ball in R1 last year.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,202

Post#53 » by dolphinatik » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:10 pm

I mean... Lakers will probably be the toughest test if they make it out should be smooth sailing to the finals.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,858

Post#54 » by Sharkboy242 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:17 pm

I really believe the Lakers are the second best team in the West. Things are going about as expected but Denver needs to take the whole game seriously. Can't keep skipping quarters being cute
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 253

Post#55 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:18 pm

Mir wrote:So, the Nuggets are the defending champions, the 2nd seed in a very tough conference, and they barely managed to beat a 7th seed (8th really) Lakers team, at home.

I'm honestly a bit disapointed by them, and I don't see them repeating this year.

Am I being too harsh?
You created a new account just to ask that? Lol, they will repeat as champions whether you like it or not, friend.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,781

Post#56 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:21 pm

If anything last game just went to show how dangerous and good this Nuggets team is.

Outside of Jokic and MPJ, Denver shot 0-20 from 3. Murray even with the late game heroics, still scored just 20 points on 9-24 shooting.

While on the other side
LeBron goes for 26/8/12
AD goes for 32/11
DLo goes for 23 points with 7 made 3s.

With all of that, Denver still won. That just goes to show, an opposing team can have all its stars come and play big and Denver can basically play their C level game and still win.

That shows just how good this Denver team is and how hard its going to be to beat them 4 times in 7 games.
MarcusBrody
Starter
And1: 3,796

Post#57 » by MarcusBrody » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:28 pm

dolphinatik wrote:I mean... Lakers will probably be the toughest test if they make it out should be smooth sailing to the finals.

I do think that the Lakers are a pretty good team and were playing good ball heading into the playoffs. That being said, I think the Timberwolves are a tougher test for the Nuggets. They're a really solid team and matchup well with the Nuggets.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,644

Post#58 » by nomansland » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:21 pm

Sharkboy242 wrote:I really believe the Lakers are the second best team in the West. Things are going about as expected but Denver needs to take the whole game seriously. Can't keep skipping quarters being cute

For sure the Nugs gotta stop coasting, although I think they're going to get increasingly more serious as the playoffs progress.

But I think Minnesota is the 2nd best team in the West, easily. They could even be the best. They clearly are the team that poses the biggest challenge for the Nuggets.

Good thing about this year is that the West is all about matchups. Phoenix could take Minnesota out before they get to play Denver.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 253

Post#59 » by WentzerWuver » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:05 am

nomansland wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:I really believe the Lakers are the second best team in the West. Things are going about as expected but Denver needs to take the whole game seriously. Can't keep skipping quarters being cute

For sure the Nugs gotta stop coasting, although I think they're going to get increasingly more serious as the playoffs progress.

But I think Minnesota is the 2nd best team in the West, easily. They could even be the best. They clearly are the team that poses the biggest challenge for the Nuggets.

Good thing about this year is that the West is all about matchups. Phoenix could take Minnesota out before they get to play Denver.
Once the Suns eliminate Minny, you will reconsider.
Mir
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#60 » by Mir » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:26 am

And I'm still concerned, Nuggets bench still sucks, Murray has been good 1 quarter out of 16.
Again, they are going to face tougher opponents than the Lakers in the next rounds, and they won't likely have HCA after the semis (if they ever beat MIN).

Return to The General Board