Nuggets, I'm concerned

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,393

Re: Nuggets, I'm concerned 

Post#61 » by jkvonny » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:34 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
nomansland wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:I really believe the Lakers are the second best team in the West. Things are going about as expected but Denver needs to take the whole game seriously. Can't keep skipping quarters being cute

For sure the Nugs gotta stop coasting, although I think they're going to get increasingly more serious as the playoffs progress.

But I think Minnesota is the 2nd best team in the West, easily. They could even be the best. They clearly are the team that poses the biggest challenge for the Nuggets.

Good thing about this year is that the West is all about matchups. Phoenix could take Minnesota out before they get to play Denver.
Once the Suns eliminate Minny, you will reconsider.

AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,316

Post#62 » by AleksandarN » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 am

Mir wrote:And I'm still concerned, Nuggets bench still sucks, Murray has been good 1 quarter out of 16.
Again, they are going to face tougher opponents than the Lakers in the next rounds, and they won't likely have HCA after the semis (if they ever beat MIN).

You think they will face Okc in the WCF?
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,777

Post#63 » by Peregrine01 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:54 am

I don't like how they think they can just turn it on/off whenever they want to. Those are bad habits. Thought Jokic in particular came into the game playing way too passive. This dude perhaps more than any other player in NBA history can produce a good shot at will and he came into the game looking like he was scrimmaging in Serbia.
LaLover11
Rookie
And1: 712

Post#64 » by LaLover11 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:31 am

AleksandarN wrote:
Mir wrote:And I'm still concerned, Nuggets bench still sucks, Murray has been good 1 quarter out of 16.
Again, they are going to face tougher opponents than the Lakers in the next rounds, and they won't likely have HCA after the semis (if they ever beat MIN).

AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,316

Post#65 » by AleksandarN » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:45 am

LaLover11 wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:

That’s why I am asking
Ray Donovan
Junior
And1: 155

Post#66 » by Ray Donovan » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:20 am

Whatta bout the Mavs ?
Ray Donovan
Junior

Post#67 » by Ray Donovan » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:23 am

Luka could steal a couple & Kyrie playMurray even, 4-3 Dallas
Ray Donovan
Junior

Post#68 » by Ray Donovan » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:31 am

Minnesota better than every body In West but somebody will upset them, maybe OKC. MINNESOTA BETTER than Denver.Who wins,Luka/OKC, Plays Minnesota after they upset Denver...Luka,OKC&Minnesota tied for 1zt in West
WestGOAT
Starter
And1: 3,311

Post#69 » by WestGOAT » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:41 am

Peregrine01 wrote:I don't like how they think they can just turn it on/off whenever they want to. Those are bad habits. Thought Jokic in particular came into the game playing way too passive. This dude perhaps more than any other player in NBA history can produce a good shot at will and he came into the game looking like he was scrimmaging in Serbia.

They have been doing this the entire season, a very pedestrian SRS of around 3 the majority of the regular season before going on a run to close the season off and bumping their SRS up.

Their loss against the Spurs and fumbling the 1st seed is the perfect example of what you mentioned.
spotted in Bologna
Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,315

Post#70 » by Godymas » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:46 am

OxAndFox wrote:Don't be. They're not going to lose a game in this first round.

nice
Special_Puppy
Rookie
And1: 883

Post#71 » by Special_Puppy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:10 pm

If the Nuggets don't win tomorrow yeah I'd start to have major concerns about them repeating
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,589

Post#72 » by Alatan » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 pm

Nuggets dont look good. They start the games without any urgency, dig themselves into a hole and then wait for the 4th quarter to tryhard. I like the resilience but constantly having to pull yourself from the brink of loss because you were too lazy in the 1st quarter is a terrible mentality to have.
Murray is also playing like hot garbage. Chucking and missing dumb shots and getting targeted on the other end. If they want to have a chance against the Wolves he will need to stop being a dumbass.
Jokic is also playing waaaaaaay too passive. If your team is struggling to find a bucket its up to the superstar to deliver. For example, in the last game when they close the lead to 10 they had the momentum to take over only if Jokic didnt stupidly defer to Gordon of all people, to try to post up a guy from the 3 point line. Of course the momentum was gone after AG lost the possession and LA scored in transition. Plays like those should not happen.
Slimjimzv
Junior
And1: 292

Post#73 » by Slimjimzv » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:48 pm

Ray Donovan wrote:Minnesota better than every body In West but somebody will upset them, maybe OKC. MINNESOTA BETTER than Denver.Who wins,Luka/OKC, Plays Minnesota after they upset Denver...Luka,OKC&Minnesota tied for 1zt in West

Well, if OKC upsets them, it'll be in the WCF. At that point, I'd argue it's not an upset.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,604

Post#74 » by Infinite Llamas » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:51 pm

Jokic is very clearly trying to get Murray going and it is to the detriment of the team right now. Maybe it will pan out in the long run, or maybe it will blow up in their faces. Murray was great in the playoffs last year and spotty in the bubble. It’s just hard to tel which player will show up on any given night and that’s why some people have a hard time calling him a star player.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,287

Post#75 » by Catchall » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:57 pm

Nuggets have been lethargic, but they're also playing a team they've beaten 11 of the past 12 times they've met. I think they'll play hard to close out their series in Game 5.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
chudak
Senior
And1: 305

Post#76 » by chudak » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:04 pm

Ray Donovan wrote:Minnesota better than every body In West but somebody will upset them, maybe OKC. MINNESOTA BETTER than Denver.Who wins,Luka/OKC, Plays Minnesota after they upset Denver...Luka,OKC&Minnesota tied for 1zt in West

I am sorry I did not understand
What language was that?

Return to The General Board