Jokic is the best player since Jordan

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,927

Re: Jokic is the best player since Jordan 

Post#381 » by Patches Perry » Tue May 7, 2024 3:42 am

He is the best player in the league, but overrated when compared to the Jordans and LeBrons of the past. He has been fortunate to have his defense hidden and not really tested, and hasn't showed out in the playoffs in a variety of situations like greats of the past. He may get there still, but he has a long way to go.

Seems like he is about to become really underrated though. You're either GOAT or garbage it seems.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,279

Post#382 » by HotRocks34 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:43 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:MJ got swept by Boston.

Bron got swept by the Dubs.

Teammates matter, even to the greats. Having subpar teammates catches up to you eventually.

Read on Twitter

Jordan got swept by Boston damn near super team before he had Scottie and before he even hit his prime. I have no idea what that has to do with Jokic getting destroyed while in his prime after he already won a championship and we have threads like this calling him the best since Jordan.

It has everything to do with it.

MJ averaged 37/5/4 in 1987. If you don't call that a prime season you're nuts. He was 2nd in MVP voting that year.

Boston was great but so was MJ.

You already made my point. No Scottie.

Get it?
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the WCF without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,553

Post#383 » by JustBuzzin » Tue May 7, 2024 3:43 am

Did we not learn from the Giannis hype?

Dynasties are hard. Being the best player in the NBA is hard.

It's why LeBron ever being duplicated is laughable. LeBron did it for damn near 2 decades. Calm down with these player comparisons. Jokic was never close to being the GOAT.

They already putting pressure on Ant now. This is how this stuff works. Good luck but I don't see anyone touching LeBron/MJ status until I see it for a decade straight at least.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,532

Post#384 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 7, 2024 3:44 am

Patches Perry wrote:He is the best player in the league, but overrated when compared to the Jordans and LeBrons of the past. He has been fortunate to have his defense hidden and not really tested, and hasn't showed out in the playoffs in a variety of situations like greats of the past. He may get there still, but he has a long way to go.

Seems like he is about to become really underrated though. You're either GOAT or garbage it seems.

Not at all people were just prematurely acting like Nuggets were about to win 6 championships and calling him the best player since Jordan after 1 ring that was one of the easiest paths to an NBA title ever.
HotRocks34
RealGM

Post#385 » by HotRocks34 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:45 am

Back to MJ 1987.

Boston swept just one team in the playoffs that year. Super Boston. And they lost in the Finals.

Chicago.

Gotta have teammates.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#386 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 7, 2024 3:45 am

HotRocks34 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:MJ got swept by Boston.

Bron got swept by the Dubs.

Teammates matter, even to the greats. Having subpar teammates catches up to you eventually.

Read on Twitter

Jordan got swept by Boston damn near super team before he had Scottie and before he even hit his prime. I have no idea what that has to do with Jokic getting destroyed while in his prime after he already won a championship and we have threads like this calling him the best since Jordan.

It has everything to do with it.

MJ averaged 37/5/4 in 1987. If you don't call that a prime season you're nuts. He was 2nd in MVP voting that year.

Boston was great but so was MJ.

You already made my point. No Scottie.

Get it?

So MJ was so great he was supposed to do it by himself damn his teammates? Makes no sense. They couldn't stop him but they could stop everyone else, he was the best player on the court Boston was the better team. It's like if Jokic was on the Pistons right now and expecting him to win the championship. Jokic right now has an infinitely better team than MJ did against the Celtics. There is no contest.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,433

Post#387 » by Statlanta » Tue May 7, 2024 3:46 am

Curry 2016 season was the only season that made me consider and even then he couldn't close it out.

I'll never make that mistake again.
Read on Twitter
HotRocks34
RealGM

Post#388 » by HotRocks34 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:47 am

ChipotleWest wrote:So MJ was so great he was supposed to do it by himself damn his teammates?

I think you finally figured it out, Ace.

Good job.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,927

Post#389 » by Patches Perry » Tue May 7, 2024 3:48 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:He is the best player in the league, but overrated when compared to the Jordans and LeBrons of the past. He has been fortunate to have his defense hidden and not really tested, and hasn't showed out in the playoffs in a variety of situations like greats of the past. He may get there still, but he has a long way to go.

Not at all people were just prematurely acting like Nuggets were about to win 6 championships and calling him the best player since Jordan after 1 ring that was one of the easiest paths to an NBA title ever.

Sure, I've been banging that drum for months (basically since they won). Despite that, Jokic is obviously still the best player in the league.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#390 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 7, 2024 3:50 am

HotRocks34 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:So MJ was so great he was supposed to do it by himself damn his teammates?

Good job.

What does Jordan losing to the Celtics 1 on 5 have to do with Jokic who is not a youngster and has a championship roster for teammates? They're not comparable at all.
HotRocks34
RealGM

Post#391 » by HotRocks34 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:50 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:

Good job.

What does Jordan losing to the Celtics 1 on 5 have to do with Jokic who is not a youngster and has a championship roster for teammates? They're not comparable at all.

You lost.

We're done.

Look before you leap next time.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#392 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 7, 2024 3:51 am

HotRocks34 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:

Good job.

You lost.

We're done.

Look before you leap next time.

Seems like it's a pretty easy question but you can't explain it because it makes no sense. No problem.
jreed23
Sophomore
And1: 171

Post#393 » by jreed23 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:59 am

Jokic is not even close to Curry let alone Bron and Jordan. Dude has 1 ring and is probably on the verge of being swept. To say this was a hot take is a major understatement. Let the man crack the top 10 first! Flat out comical :lol: :lol:
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 835

Post#394 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:01 am

:naaa: :rofl: :wavefinger:
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,655

Post#395 » by EmpireFalls » Tue May 7, 2024 4:03 am

This was always a laughable take due to defense.
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,592

Post#396 » by MavsDirk41 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:06 am

LaLover11 wrote::naaa: :rofl: :wavefinger:

I obviously dont think Jokic is better than James all time but you realize Denver took out the Lakers in 5 right….clowning on Jokic and Denver when Denver has beaten the Lakers 12 out of the last 13 games lol?
TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,431

Post#397 » by TheNG » Tue May 7, 2024 4:07 am

Jokic has already done what LeBron could never do - win a championship without any starter who was previously selected to be an All Star.
Part of me really wants Jokic to play with another star so he can have a more decent chance to win multiple rings. I am not talking here about LeBron level superteams where he joins forces with two stars in order to win a ring. He doesn't even need one top10 player like AD or Wade.
Just give him a decent top20 player. That's all I'm asking
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 835

Post#398 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:09 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:

I obviously dont think Jokic is better than James all time but you realize Denver took out the Lakers in 5 right….clowning on Jokic and Denver when Denver has beaten the Lakers 12 out of the last 13 games lol?

You would get your ass beat by a pack of 6 teenagers jocks, if it was just you and your friend with a bunch of nerds helping you fight lmao

Lakers got jumped and only had LeBron & AD that can score or defend the Nuggets.

This Nuggets team is done!!
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,930

Post#399 » by TravisScott55 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:10 am

Not even top 5 since Jordan
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,592

Post#400 » by MavsDirk41 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:11 am

LaLover11 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

You would get your ass beat by a pack of 6 teenagers jocks, if it was just you and your friend with a bunch of nerds helping you fight lmao

Lakers got jumped and only had LeBron & AD that can score or defend the Nuggets.

This Nuggets team is done!!

Lol poor James never has enough help….same ole sad story

Return to The General Board