Jokic brothers Update: NBA investigating an assault on fan by one of the Jokic brothers

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,326

Re: Jokic brothers Update: NBA investigating an assault on fan by one of the Jokic brothers 

Post#101 » by Black Jack » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:48 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:Keep the European fan hooliganism, in Europe.

If a fan is being disruptive remove him don't start a Jerry Springer type brawl. People go to NBA games with their family to enjoy it not have some weird brawling happen right next to them. foh.

Now the Europeans are to blame ? :crazy:

It is well known that European basketball games feature massive amounts of soccer-style fan hooliganism. How many former NBA players have to retell that tale?

It's not "anti European" to point that out.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,369

Re: Jokic brothers Update: NBA investigating an assault on fan by one of the Jokic brothers 

Post#102 » by levon » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 pm

I'm really impressed with the guy who took that punch.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,158

Post#103 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 pm

They have had way too many incidents at this point. Need to be banned from arenas.

To most that would happen after the first assault.
GamecockFan1024
Junior
And1: 371

Post#104 » by GamecockFan1024 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 pm

No excuse. Deport these thugs out of the USA.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,953

Post#105 » by G R E Y » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:52 pm

Yeah that's assault.

Will be interesting to see how the league handles it versus how they handled Green's similar punch of Poole.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 7,793

Post#106 » by AleksandarN » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 pm

Black Jack wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

If a fan is being disruptive remove him don't start a Jerry Springer type brawl. People go to NBA games with their family to enjoy it not have some weird brawling happen right next to them. foh.

Now the Europeans are to blame ? :crazy:

It is well known that European basketball games feature massive amounts of soccer-style fan hooliganism. How many former NBA players have to retell that tale?

It's not "anti European" to point that out.

True but there have been fans killed at baseball games and football games here in America aswell. How many videos of fans fighting in arenas all of the world. It is not only a European hooliganism problem. It is a problem throughout the world with sports fans. I think drinking is a problem in stadiums and arenas throughout the world. It is unacceptable seeing fans not being able to control themselves. It is a shame. We need to crackdown on this hard
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,067

Post#107 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 pm

GamecockFan1024 wrote:No excuse. Deport these thugs out of the USA.

As this happened right after Murray winning shot , deduct the winning 2 and let the series be 1-1

Deport Murray and Jokic as well , enough problems with this Canadians and Europeans, let them brothers enjoy them in Euroleage
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,735

Post#108 » by Swish1906 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 pm

Can we deport aggressive American tourists who act like idiots home and ban them too? Would be actually a lot :lol:

And no this is not defending Jokers idiot brothers. Just surprised about all the ban/deport/ send them home etc punchlines
DwayneSchintzus
Rookie
And1: 1,516

Post#109 » by DwayneSchintzus » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 pm

"marginal contact" imo :lol:

a couple thoughts - 1) s/o to that guy for eating the punch 2) imagine talking greasy to that guy with the mohawk :crazy: 3) maybe he was expecting an "NBA fight" punch
These are the opinions of one lifelong Spurs fan, nothing more
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,594

Re: Jokic brothers 

Post#110 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:56 pm

WiggOuts wrote:A lot of times when someone gets punched in the face, they probably deserved it. Too many people out there think you can do and say whatever you want and nothing can happen to you.

Exactly... just like a lot of people in this thread smack talking the Jokic Brothers. They can be bad people but it doesn't excuse you being a coward running your mouth when you know you don't have to deal with a response.

Then if you do deal with a response, you'd cry about not resorting to violence. How about you just stfu then :)

What's that saying again? F around and Find Out lol.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,856

Post#111 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:56 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
Making about your fake outrage. Not about Bridges
There is no fake outrage. These dudes are criminals. If you think that's normal behavior then by all means make me the bad guy in this thread.

Just weird you chose to change the topic because you're still mad about what I said in a Bridges thread. I would have respected you more if you just actually brought back the old thread.

I'm not discussing Bridges as this topic is not about him. See you around my good friend. :)

I didn’t change the topic. I just called you out for being a hypocrite. I have criticized him(jokic’s brother) in the past. But you are the worse. You have a player who has done worse things to his girlfriend and still wanted him on your team. It is pathetic that you are trying to be white knight against domestic violence given you had no problem with Bridges on your team. It is pathetic.

For the last time.

I already said I will never respect Bridges as a man. But I'm not going to stop rooting for the Hornets because of 1 player decided to make a bad decision. Not sure what you don't understand. If you're expecting me to stop rooting for the Hornets then I guess we will never see eye to eye.

Bridges is a trash human. I'm sorry that's all I can say about him. I'm still going to root for him to have success on the basketball court as long as he is in a Hornets jersey. If he goes to another team then I can openly hate him like you do.

I already told you this in the Bridges thread. It's time to move on from that topic. If you want to discuss Bridges then simply make another topic. This thread is about the Jokic brothers. I'm staying in topic.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,326

Post#112 » by Black Jack » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:58 pm

Swish1906 wrote:

Can we deport aggressive American tourists who act like idiots home and ban them too? Would be actually a lot :lol:

And no this is not defending Jokers idiot brothers. Just surprised about all the ban/deport/ send them home etc punchlines

No keep those ugly Americans we have enough! :lol:

I mean, my comment was as much defending the Jokic brothers as attacking them. They basically are operating like European fans in my book.

As for deportation thats probably too much. We have actual mobsters over here that don't get deported for whatever reason. Those two definitely need to be reined in at games though.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
DuallyNoted
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#113 » by DuallyNoted » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:58 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:His brothers are idiots but I’m pretty sure the douche said something bad thinking he is save in a public arena. Or maybe just a guy hunting for a settlement, it’s murica…

In other news the Joker has to put his foot down if they want to be around him/ in the arena.

Man it's sad people will defend horrible humans for their love of a player.

These dudes have been in the news for the wrong reasons. They need to go back to their country. Clearly they don't know how to act like a real civilian. They picking on smaller people is the weakest part about it.

These dudes are trash humans. Just a bunch of bullies. Jokic is great but his brothers are basic the opposite of him smh.

lol at deporting someone for getting into an argument at a basketball game.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#114 » by AleksandarN » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:58 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:There is no fake outrage. These dudes are criminals. If you think that's normal behavior then by all means make me the bad guy in this thread.

Just weird you chose to change the topic because you're still mad about what I said in a Bridges thread. I would have respected you more if you just actually brought back the old thread.

I'm not discussing Bridges as this topic is not about him. See you around my good friend. :)

I didn’t change the topic. I just called you out for being a hypocrite. I have criticized him(jokic’s brother) in the past. But you are the worse. You have a player who has done worse things to his girlfriend and still wanted him on your team. It is pathetic that you are trying to be white knight against domestic violence given you had no problem with Bridges on your team. It is pathetic.

For the last time.

I already said I will never respect Bridges as a man. But I'm not going to stop rooting for the Hornets because of 1 player decided to make a bad decision. Not sure what you don't understand. If you're expecting me to stop rooting for the Hornets then I guess we will never see eye to eye.

Bridges is a trash human. I'm sorry that's all I can say about him. I'm still going to root for him to have success on the basketball court as long as he is in a Hornets jersey. If he goes to another team then I can openly hate him like you do.

I already told you this in the Bridges thread. It's time to move on from that topic. If you want to discuss Bridges then simply make another topic. This thread is about the Jokic brothers. I'm staying in topic.

You say he is a trash human yet you had no problem with him on your team. In several threads I might add. It is pathetic
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,067

Post#115 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

GamecockFan1024 wrote:No excuse. Deport these thugs out of the USA.

If that happen and I’m Jokic , I’m forcing a trade to Toronto Raptors and taking my friend Murray with me while I’m at it
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,782

Post#116 » by azcatz11 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:01 pm

DuallyNoted wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:His brothers are idiots but I’m pretty sure the douche said something bad thinking he is save in a public arena. Or maybe just a guy hunting for a settlement, it’s murica…

In other news the Joker has to put his foot down if they want to be around him/ in the arena.

Man it's sad people will defend horrible humans for their love of a player.

These dudes have been in the news for the wrong reasons. They need to go back to their country. Clearly they don't know how to act like a real civilian. They picking on smaller people is the weakest part about it.

These dudes are trash humans. Just a bunch of bullies. Jokic is great but his brothers are basic the opposite of him smh.

He should be deported from the DV incident
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,369

Post#117 » by levon » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:03 pm

Scott Foster: Ball is out of the fan's hands, therefore the contact is deemed marginal. Call on the floor is overturned, Serbia retains its timeout
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#118 » by AleksandarN » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:08 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
DuallyNoted wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Man it's sad people will defend horrible humans for their love of a player.

He should be deported from the DV incident

Yeah unfortunately if you have money in america and can afford the best lawyers you can plead to have the charges drop. Justice system is not fair and balanced when you can afford the best attorneys.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/sports/the-jokic-brothers-1279870?amp

Charges against Strahinja included two misdemeanors, a felony of second-degree assault, false imprisonment, and obstruction of phone.

In the end, he entered a guilty plea in February 2020 to a misdemeanor count of trespassing and a felony of obstruction of phone service.

The remaining accusations were dropped.

A deferred sentence was given to him.

If he adhered to the conditions of his unsupervised probation and didn't commit any new crimes before February 3, 2022, he would not be penalized.

As a result, the criminal prosecution against Strahinja was dropped.

Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,216

Post#119 » by Mamba81p » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:19 pm

Sgt Major wrote:We don't know what led to this.

In Serbia it may be ok to do this, but in the civilized world you can't punch someone just because he said something
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,917

Post#120 » by ___Rand___ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:26 pm

Mamba81p wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:We don't know what led to this.

In Serbia it may be ok to do this, but in the civilized world you can't punch someone just because he said something

Eh man, I expected this to happen sometime. They shouldn't go watch in LA or it's big trouble.

Return to The General Board