Jokic brothers Update: NBA investigating an assault on fan by one of the Jokic brothers

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,383

Re: Jokic brothers 

Post#121 » by gavran » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:28 pm

Mamba81p wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:We don't know what led to this.

In Serbia it may be ok to do this, but in the civilized world you can't punch someone just because he said something

But he did it in the USA, so... :dontknow:
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 7,790

Post#122 » by AleksandarN » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:30 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
Mamba81p wrote:

In Serbia it may be ok to do this, but in the civilized world you can't punch someone just because he said something

Eh man, I expected this to happen sometime. They shouldn't go watch in LA or it's big trouble.

He will be banned for at least this year.
Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,216

Post#123 » by Mamba81p » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:30 pm

gavran wrote:
Mamba81p wrote:

But he did it in the USA, so... :dontknow:

And he will face some consequences. I don't know how he was not arrested with so many cops around. Usually it's automatic when someone throws a punch
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,911

Post#124 » by ___Rand___ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:34 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
Mamba81p wrote:

Eh man, I expected this to happen sometime. They shouldn't go watch in LA or it's big trouble.

He will be banned for at least this year.

In Denver? That's a tough ask when it's Jokic town. They might put him in the owners' box to keep them away from trouble.
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,385

Post#125 » by Ckay » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:36 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
DuallyNoted wrote:lol at deporting someone for getting into an argument at a basketball game.

He should be deported from the DV incident

Yeah unfortunately if you have money in america and can afford the best lawyers you can plead to have the charges drop. Justice system is not fair and balanced when you can afford the best attorneys.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/sports/the-jokic-brothers-1279870?amp

Charges against Strahinja included two misdemeanors, a felony of second-degree assault, false imprisonment, and obstruction of phone.

In the end, he entered a guilty plea in February 2020 to a misdemeanor count of trespassing and a felony of obstruction of phone service.

The remaining accusations were dropped.

A deferred sentence was given to him.

If he adhered to the conditions of his unsupervised probation and didn't commit any new crimes before February 3, 2022, he would not be penalized.

As a result, the criminal prosecution against Strahinja was dropped.

True and real.

Google Isabel Jennifer Seward.
Dubnation
Analyst
And1: 3,307

Post#126 » by Dubnation » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Ckay wrote:https://www.denverpost.com/2019/10/01/nikola-jokic-brother-arrested-assault/

Big bad Jokic brothers beating on women smh

Ain't nothing tough about these dudes. They just big humans. They try this with the wrong people and that size won't matter.

Good point. FAFO. There will always find someone badder and meaner. Be careful who you step to for sure.
Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,216

Post#127 » by Mamba81p » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Mrakar wrote:Whater was the reason, he should get kicked out of the USA. His brother is playing all-time great basketball and he is there doing **** again and again. Fine will not do anything because Jokic is too nice of a guy to say i will not pay for your bull.
And all of that in front of Jokic's daughter. Fing idiot.

I'm actually surprised he's still allowed in the US. He pleaded guilty to the charges against his girlfriend in 2019. Canada doesn't even let you in with a DUI. I'm not sure how he's still allowed to be here

You would be surprised how hard it is to deport a criminal.
You need an aggravated felony to deport someone, otherwise crimes like this can be problematic only when you have to renew your visa. Not sure what type of visa these thugs have
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,486

Re: Jokic brothers Update: NBA investigating an assault on fan by one of the Jokic brothers 

Post#128 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:44 pm

LMAO How did Buddy take that punch? **** crazy

And yeah as much as I like Jokic his brothers should be banned for that
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,833

Post#129 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:45 pm

Dubnation wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
Ckay wrote:https://www.denverpost.com/2019/10/01/nikola-jokic-brother-arrested-assault/

Big bad Jokic brothers beating on women smh

Ain't nothing tough about these dudes. They just big humans. They try this with the wrong people and that size won't matter.

Good point. FAFO. There will always find someone badder and meaner. Be careful who you step to for sure.
The way people carry guns these days you can't let your size make you overconfident. Not everyone is going to fight the bigger person. I would hate to see these dudes continue their actions outside of the court. If this was at a club or something it might have ended differently.

I think for Jokic it's best his brothers go back home. They giving him a bad look every time they get in trouble. The sad part is they are the older brothers. They are supposed to set the example smh
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,833

Re: Jokic brothers Update: NBA investigating an assault on fan by one of the Jokic brothers 

Post#130 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:47 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:LMAO How did Buddy take that punch? **** crazy

Either you have a glass jaw or you don't. Some people can take punches others not so much.

That was impressive as hell though. He shook it off like nothing happened.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,486

Post#131 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:51 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:LMAO How did Buddy take that punch? **** crazy

Either you have a glass jaw or you don't. Some people can take punches others not so much.

That was impressive as hell though. He shook it off like nothing happened.

Seriously and you can't even say it was a weak punch, because you can clearly see he rocked him...Nuts lmao
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,146

Post#132 » by Stannis » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:53 pm

You can take the Balkaner out the Balkans, but you can't take the Balkans out of the Balkaner.
Free Palestine
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,099

Post#133 » by Lockdown504090 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:57 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I wonder if the other brother had basketball talent, and Nikola was the bystander, would he also be a goon?

Markieff Morris might have that answer
Dubnation
Analyst
And1: 3,307

Post#134 » by Dubnation » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:58 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Dubnation wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Big bad Jokic brothers beating on women smh

The way people carry guns these days you can't let your size make you overconfident. Not everyone is going to fight the bigger person. I would hate to see these dudes continue their actions outside of the court. If this was at a club or something it might have ended differently.

I think for Jokic it's best his brothers go back home. They giving him a bad look every time they get in trouble. The sad part is they are the older brothers. They are supposed to set the example smh

Exactly. You never know who is carrying, and if they're eager to use it, or impatient with the BS.

Also, I have family members, who were trained for 'work' who would make quick work of anyone regardless of size in a matter of seconds in hand-to-hand combat. They are average-sized and have a low-key demeanor. One never would know.
Calamity_Cometh
Sixth Man
And1: 2,122

Post#135 » by Calamity_Cometh » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:08 pm

Right in front of a mother holding her young child.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,605

Post#136 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:15 pm

Mamba81p wrote:

The US is the most crime-ridden country in the developed world (the violent crime rate is much higher than in Serbia). This kind of behaviour is absolutely a problem in Serbia, but Americans should be the last ones pulling the "civilised" card here.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 7,790

Post#137 » by AleksandarN » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:17 pm

Calamity_Cometh wrote:Right in front of a mother holding her young child.

That was Jokic’s wife and daughter
Jeremy Lin 7
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,309

Post#138 » by Jeremy Lin 7 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:18 pm

Typical Serbian night club behavior
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,943

Post#139 » by Sofia » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:39 pm

jugs wrote: JEBOTE! Worst Australian open ever
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub

Return to The General Board