How many calls were missed by referees in the last minute of 76ers vs Knicks Game 2?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,157

Re: How many calls were missed by referees in the last minute of 76ers vs Knicks Game 2? 

Post#81 » by xAIRNESSx » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:22 pm

4 calls/non-calls that went against the Sixers vs the 1 that went against the Knicks.

This is almost Jontay Porter levels of coincidence.

Read on Twitter
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 640

Re: How many calls were missed by referees in the last minute of 76ers vs Knicks Game 2? 

Post#82 » by madskillz8 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:28 pm

Dirk wrote:You can clearly see Nick Nurse calling a timeout while they had the ball.

Put your "homer" glasses and look again:

srhcan
Starter
And1: 1,625

Post#83 » by srhcan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:33 pm

youngcrev wrote:
gavran wrote:
youngcrev wrote:First off, eye roll to anyone who thinks the Sixers have nothing to gripe about during that sequence. (Still hate that this thread exists)

...BUT, it's still such a typical issue for this team, and was an AWFUL play by Lowry. He rushed to get the ball when nobody was ready, and then forced a pass instead of calling a timeout. I swear, the second someone puts a Sixers any idea of them being a savy vet disappears. He got lucky in the Heat play-in that there was only .3 on the clock and time right out on his inbounds turnover.

Don't roll your eyes too much, it will stay that way.

Comments like that only make them roll further out of spite! Also

Read on Twitter

I said right there in the game thread that Maxey has been fouled but referees did not call. This is bad for NBA. Referees incompetence has resulted in the series in favour of Knicks 2-0 when it should have been 1-1 and much more exciting. :nonono: There must be a way to fix bad decisions right on the spot, instead of these reports later which cannot help 76ers now.
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 401

Post#84 » by DoctaJ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:34 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:Why are people posting screenshots when video is easily available?

Because the video clearly shows the opposite of what their trying to portray with their screenshots. :banghead:
srhcan
Starter

Post#85 » by srhcan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:35 pm

DoctaJ wrote:
Bergmaniac wrote:Why are people posting screenshots when video is easily available?

Because the video clearly shows the opposite of what their trying to portray with their screenshots. :banghead:

oh man you are dumb :lol:
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,920

Post#86 » by ___Rand___ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:38 pm

cgf wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:You've always got to be prepared to beat the other team AND beat the refs.

Yeah. The zebras tried what they could to extend this series...overturning the foul on Lowry and ignoring Maxey pushing off before the inbounds...but IH & nova wouldn't let them! :rock:

L2M report says this was CORRECT NON-CALL. I.E. this was NOT a foul.

Q4 00:27.2 Foul: Offensive Tyrese Maxey Josh Hart CNC Video
Comment: Maxey (PHI) brings his hands towards Hart (NYK) and marginal contact occurs as Maxey releases away from Hart during the inbound.
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 401

Post#88 » by DoctaJ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:40 pm

srhcan wrote:
DoctaJ wrote:

oh man you are dumb :lol:

:rock:
___Rand___
General Manager

Post#89 » by ___Rand___ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:41 pm

Sixers fans must be loving seeing Raptors fans carry their arguments for them LOL.
srhcan
Starter

Post#90 » by srhcan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:48 pm

___Rand___ wrote:Sixers fans must be loving seeing Raptors fans carry their arguments for them LOL.

LOL. Typical Raptors fans don't like 76ers much and would pick Knicks over 76ers. But justice is much more important to us than personal likes and thats the main reason when we saw injustice was committed against 76ers, we spoke out. I am glad justice has prevailed.
___Rand___
General Manager

Post#91 » by ___Rand___ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:51 pm

srhcan wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:Sixers fans must be loving seeing Raptors fans carry their arguments for them LOL.

LOL. Typical Raptors fans don't like 76ers much and would pick Knicks over 76ers. But justice is much more important to us than personal likes and thats the main reason when we saw injustice was committed against 76ers, we spoke out. I am glad justice has prevailed.

IKR. I'm not a fan of Sixers and that crybaby Flopbiid. But this was so ridiculous in the last 30 seconds. This was the Lakers, prime GSW kind of officiating where everything goes one sided, it was ridiculous.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,263

Post#92 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:52 pm

Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Listen to Chuck at the end of this.

Putting your head down and crying "it's unacceptable what the refs did to us" is straight up loser talk. That goes below not being a leader and into being an emotional anchor.

To your point, the Knicks are playing rope a dope letting Embiid and Maxey wear themselves out early and hoping we have more juice at the end and it's working. They don't have another guy to get those key rebounds and can't figure out how to conserve Embiid so he has something at the end of playoff games. And then he pulls that crap.

Sixers are soft. Maxey can get there, sure. They can get some more vet pieces like Lowry and bigger ones who can secure rebounds. But the team in front of us ain't it and it still doesn't solve the team taking on Embiid's personality. Think of it this way - if Brunson had that attitude do we pull that off yesterday?

I don't massively disagree with your point and I'm not going to defend the whining, which is soft...but I do have respect for him putting it all out on the court. We're successfully withstanding that and deciding games after he's gassed...but complaining instead of acting like an adult is a different kind of soft than Allen was last year or Harris just getting punked on the court. That's all I was getting at.

You can win with a whiny leader as long as he's not soft on the court/pitch/ice, AND your other leaders enforce accountability. Like if we had Embiid instead of Juju, we could still pull off that kind of win because the other team leaders compensate for Joel/Ju's shortcomings and both mercurial bigmen play as hard as they can when out there.

Philly doesn't have that Brunson to balance out Joel in the locker-room and there's less accountability coming down to the locker-room.

My point was more to point at the Sixers current identity than rail against Embiid. As others have pointed out, that identity extends up to Morey so I'll cut him that grace. Particularly since it would be up to Morey to obtain some gritty guys who can secure late game possessions.

How much could this team use a Josh Hart, for example?

Yeah, Morey failed to put a serious team together. You put Joel in Juju's place and that team wins titles while letting the big fella pace himself in the regular season lol
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#93 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:54 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
cgf wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:You've always got to be prepared to beat the other team AND beat the refs.

Yeah. The zebras tried what they could to extend this series...overturning the foul on Lowry and ignoring Maxey pushing off before the inbounds...but IH & nova wouldn't let them! :rock:

Comment: Maxey (PHI) brings his hands towards Hart (NYK) and marginal contact occurs as Maxey releases away from Hart during the inbound.

Yeah, the league really doesn't want the knicks to punk last season's MVP in the first round. They're already pulling out every excuse in the book for Philly :lol:

:wink:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

___Rand___
General Manager

Post#94 » by ___Rand___ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:58 pm

cgf wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
cgf wrote:

Yeah, the league really doesn't want the knicks to punk last season's MVP in the first round. They're already pulling out every excuse in the book for Philly :lol:

If the league as you say didn't want that, they'd have made the CORRECT calls in the last 2 minutes. Instead, they didn't give the time out to Nurse, they didn't make the correct calls, and Knicks mugged Sixers and stole that game.

We've seen the league make the calls for the teams they want. It ain't Sixers in last game no.
srhcan
Starter

Post#95 » by srhcan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:59 pm

cgf wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
cgf wrote:

Have some shame man. Just accept that referees made mistakes and move on.
cgf
RealGM

Post#96 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:02 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
cgf wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:

If the league as you say didn't want that, they'd have made the CORRECT calls in the last 2 minutes. Instead, they didn't give the time out to Nurse, they didn't make the correct calls, and Knicks mugged Sixers and stole that game.

We've seen the league make the calls for the teams they want. It ain't Sixers in last game no.

I mean they tried to with the Lowry foul they overturned. But they just couldn't pull it off :-p

cgf
RealGM

Post#97 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:03 pm

srhcan wrote:
cgf wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:

Oh hey, you finally quoted me. Curiously not to respond to any of the times I quoted you. I wonder why that might be? :wink:

___Rand___
General Manager

Post#98 » by ___Rand___ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:21 pm

The ending is great for a spicy series now. Let's see if Sixers got any good fight in them.
srhcan
Starter

Post#99 » by srhcan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 pm

cgf wrote:
srhcan wrote:
cgf wrote:

Oh hey, you finally quoted me. Curiously not to respond to any of the times I quoted you. I wonder why that might be? :wink:

because your argument was **** :lol: . Have you not read the 2 minute report from NBA? There is no mention of Maxey committing a foul in there which you keep trying to institute. Just accept that referees made mistakes which resulted in Knicks winning a game. I would not blame Knicks players for those fouls as professional players sometimes do stuff like this in the heat of the game; it is referees responsibility to call them out.
cgf
RealGM

Post#100 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:47 pm

srhcan wrote:
cgf wrote:
srhcan wrote:Have some shame man. Just accept that referees made mistakes and move on.

because your argument was **** :lol: . Have you not read the 2 minute report from NBA? There is no mention of Maxey committing a foul in there which you keep trying to institute. Just accept that referees made mistakes which resulted in Knicks winning a game. I would not blame Knicks players for those fouls as professional players sometimes do stuff like this in the heat of the game; it is referees responsibility to call them out.

So just an appeal to authority without enough understanding to actually explain the decisions you're holding up as gospel...and you have the gall to act like a jerk & call anyone else's arguments weak. That's certainly a move...

Sorry for disturbing you, as you were.

Return to The General Board