Embiid earned my respect after this series. No one should question his toughness

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,115

Re: Embiid earned my respect after this series. No one should question his toughness 

Post#21 » by Woodsanity » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:04 pm

strokerace wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:Sorry but mans isn't boxing out that's bball 101. Can't give a mans credit when they don't earn it.

Silly take. Barely anyone boxes out unless it is a single crazy important play. If he wasn't as hobbled as he is, he would be dominating and the Knicks would be done.

If and when but never will.

We will keep getting all these potential man scenarios until he day he retires with 0 CF appearances.

If Embiid wasn't made out of glass.

Might as well say if Giannis could shoot like Curry.

If Jokic had a 40 inch vert.

Hypothetical nonsense that won't happen.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,231

Re: Embiid earned my respect after this series. No one should question his toughness 

Post#22 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:05 pm

ItsDanger wrote:His defensive effort has been weak,injury or not. Stop making excuses for this guy.

But his defensive impact has been dramatic. The 6ers can't stop anybody when he's on the bench.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,578

Post#23 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:06 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:he saw a 2nd MVP was attainable and got greedy. if he had foregone the award for regular season stat accumulation, he probably would have been healthier for this run. here we are and he has no one to blame but himself

Playing in that golden state game was so dumb. You gotta know your body and prioritize accordingly. He chose regular season awards over potential postseason success even if that wasn't his intention.

Forgot was that the game he checked himself back into a blowout and proceeded to aggravate an injury?

No that was another game lol.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,103

Post#24 » by ItsDanger » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:07 pm

cgf wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:His defensive effort has been weak,injury or not. Stop making excuses for this guy.

But his defensive impact has been dramatic. The 6ers can't stop anybody when he's on the bench.

He's standing around a lot on defense. For a reason. Doesn't want to jump.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
FuShengTHEGreat
Veteran
And1: 1,151

Post#25 » by FuShengTHEGreat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:10 pm

I understand at this stage the Olympics are a once in a lifetime opportunity but he has no business partaking in Paris 2024 if he's as ailing as many claim.
cgf
RealGM

Post#26 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:10 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
cgf wrote:

He's standing around a lot on defense. For a reason. Doesn't want to jump.

Yeah he's definitely still hobbled and only out there because they'd have no chance without him. Gotta give him props for his effort, even if his body isn't capable of giving them what they need to carry that supporting cast past this Knicks team.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#27 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:11 pm

FuShengTHEGreat wrote:I understand at this stage the Olympics are a once in a lifetime opportunity but he has no business partaking in Paris 2024 if he's as ailing as many claim.

Isn't that still months away?

vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,138

Post#28 » by vulture » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:11 pm

I wonder how many injections he’s taking before each game.
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,428

Post#29 » by zero rings » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:18 pm

cgf wrote:

Yeah, the Knicks are afraid to attack him, hobbled or not. His defense has always been great in the playoffs. It’s his offense that falls off a cliff.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,103

Post#30 » by ItsDanger » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:35 pm

vulture wrote:I wonder how many injections he’s taking before each game.

He exhibits signs of light sensitivity which can be from anti inflammatories. That's just me guessing.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
FuShengTHEGreat
Veteran
And1: 1,151

Post#31 » by FuShengTHEGreat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:16 pm

cgf wrote:
FuShengTHEGreat wrote:I understand at this stage the Olympics are a once in a lifetime opportunity but he has no business partaking in Paris 2024 if he's as ailing as many claim.

Its in july/August. I'm just saying if I'm the Sixers I'd be actively trying to dissuade him from going. Does Team USA "need" him? Absolutely not!! He misses large chunks of seasons as it is already and they've had to load manage him just to make it through the seasons he has played in.

NBA training camp/pre season starts like a little over a month after the Olympics finishes. Not a good move, especially for someone they're counting on to lead them to a title.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,382

Post#32 » by PhilBlackson » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:32 pm

I give him a crazy amount of respect for the effort and RISK that he's making & taking but I don't agree with doing it tbh.

I actually kinda cringe watching him because just jogging up the court his knee literally looks like it's gonna buckle at any second. Whether it's the one eye rolling in his head when he was on the ground, I saw another clip where only his one blinked lol or when people I believe mistakingly think his head is down in the interview because he's sulking, I believe he probably has a massive headache from all the meds & shots he's taking for them to keep him glued together and hobbling through what clearly must be very painful.

Personally if I were him and the franchise, I would've seen how hobbled he looked in the 1st game and shut him down. I know how tough that is for everyone to let go of the season BUT what do they think is the best that's gonna REALISTICALLY happen?!

The whole reason he's supposedly playing is to win it all and there's no way in hell this dude's body is physically holding up for 3-4 rounds of Playoff level intensity but especially when Giannis is getting his rest & then the Celtics elite defence....and in this clear fantasy he somehow is being held together with tape & some bubble gum to beat the what looks like a potentially dynastic DEN team?! This is so pointless & the downside is massive, they can destroy next season as well and I don't even wanna say it but maybe worse.

At this point, he's almost stuck trying to play this out because he'll get called a coward if he backs out now but his knee looks so fragile to me, I don't think he should be out there but I respect the insane amount of competitiveness it takes to try & push through that knowing how bad this could end up.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 17,006

Post#33 » by Shock Defeat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:09 pm

FuShengTHEGreat wrote:
cgf wrote:

Its in july/August. I'm just saying if I'm the Sixers I'd be actively trying to dissuade him from going. Does Team USA "need" him? Absolutely not!! He misses large chunks of seasons as it is already and they've had to load manage him just to make it through the seasons he has played in.

NBA training camp/pre season starts like a little over a month after the Olympics finishes. Not a good move, especially for someone they're counting on to lead them to a title.

It's a career highlight for him to play in an Olympics and in all likelihood win a gold medal. Players 100% care about winning a gold especially if they've never had one in their career.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,603

Post#34 » by RHODEY » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:34 pm

zero rings wrote:
cgf wrote:

Yeah, the Knicks are afraid to attack him, hobbled or not. His defense has always been great in the playoffs. It’s his offense that falls off a cliff.

Did you watch the game....specially Josh Hart and Divincenzo ? Embiid is tough for gutting it out but imo hes a weak leader who blames losing on everyone but his own teammates.
cgf
RealGM

Post#35 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:37 pm

RHODEY wrote:
zero rings wrote:
cgf wrote:

Did you watch the game....specially Josh Hart and ? Embiid is tough for gutting it out but imo hes a weak leader who blames losing on everyone but his on teammates.

The reverse is how many times Brunson has pulled out of drives that he normally takes all of the way because despite being a whiny b**** Embiid gives everything he has out there and is one hell of a rim protector...even on one leg...and how that changed the instant Reed would check in for him.

Once he's worn down a bit, we've gone at him more often, but we're still not taking it all of the way nearly as much as we normally do when he's out there...even when he's out there doubled over, trying to catch his breath.

og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,319

Post#36 » by og15 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:40 pm

nikster wrote:Yeah he's clearly been playing through something. Good on him, but I can't believe he's injured again. It seems like Joel and the team have been mismanaging him partly, with him coming back eaely from injuries he shouldnt have, or the games theyve played with hia game day status. I don't know what the answer is for him. Just sit out the first 2/3rds of the season and just ramp up for playoffs?

Is him being injured again really hard to believe though? Sucks for the guy, but it's not really a surprising thing, similar to Kawhi.

The Sixers won't make the playoffs if he is to sit out the first 2/3rds of the season, and of course the NBA might not be too pleased with a team doing something like that.
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,599

Post#37 » by AbC? » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:46 pm

Embiid milks the extent of his injuries to give himself a get out of jail free card for his inevitable massive decline in efficiency and production.

Even when fully healthy his conditioning and the change in how he’s officiated are big reasons why he stinks it up come playoff time.
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,299

Post#38 » by XTC » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:49 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:he saw a 2nd MVP was attainable and got greedy. if he had foregone the award for regular season stat accumulation, he probably would have been healthier for this run. here we are and he has no one to blame but himself

Haliburton seems like he did the same thing (All NBA Team), but players are paying the consequences.
KHRICH
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,559

Post#39 » by KHRICH » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:50 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,023

Post#40 » by AussieCeltic » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:52 pm

I think he’s physically tough to be able to grind out games with these injuries, but I think he’s mentally weak in big moments.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.

Return to The General Board