Knicks-Sixers L2M for Game 2

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,900

Re: Knicks-Sixers L2M for Game 2 

Post#21 » by QPR » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:07 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Last 2 Minute Reports are done to make it more painful for the fans. It serves no other purpose. LOL

I'm all for anything that allows Philly fans to feed into the enormous victim complex they have, it's great reading.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#22 » by Papi_swav » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 pm

I thought that definitely was a foul but let's not act like brunson wasn't getting hacked all game either
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,281

Post#23 » by Kampuchea » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:16 pm

Knicks had this earlier in the season. Not a big deal, sometimes the calls don’t go your way.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=ZScbCOS-e1RwvSq7ABkKLQ
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,331

Post#24 » by ___Rand___ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:16 pm

QPR wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Last 2 Minute Reports are done to make it more painful for the fans. It serves no other purpose. LOL

I'm all for anything that allows Philly fans to feed into the enormous victim complex they have, it's great reading.

lol that too!!!!!

I mean the ending was BS. Sixers got hosed. But I'm also loving this because now there's blood and hate in this series and next year is gonna be fun too because Knicks got size to give Embiid trouble once everyone's healthy.
JustLucky
Rookie
And1: 711

Post#25 » by JustLucky » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:17 pm

there was also some other unfortunate events on the play most missed. Like tobias harris hugging(possibly being held) his man instead of stepping up to receive the inbounds and the rest of the 76ers not being ready for an inbound play. Kyle gambled trying to speed it up to secure the inbound which is usually a smart strategy but it back fired here as the knicks were paying attention more then the sixers. sixers also hit the 1% as did the refs
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,072

Post#26 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:19 pm

To me the timeout issue is even worse than the fouls because it was such an obvious situation to call one (and he clearly did... twice). At least 1 of the refs needed to be aware and vigilant. That ending made me physically sick to my stomach.

"Woulda coulda shoulda"... Idk, it just sucks. These reports have invalidated like 3 of our playoff Ls and we've yet to benefit from one. The sooner we automate refereeing, the better.

(Not trying to discount the Knicks who, honestly, I'll root for to win it all if they take us down)
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,331

Post#27 » by ___Rand___ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:20 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Knicks had this earlier in the season. Not a big deal, sometimes the calls don’t go your way.

Read on Twitter

Let's not act like this was a make up call for Knicks. Remember the NFL-tackle of Detroit player that somehow NBA refs FORGOT to call a foul on that gave Knicks the win vs Pistons? I've never seen a worse non-call in all my life. I'd never seen worse foul than that in any level of basketball. You guys already had your make up call there.
JustLucky
Rookie
And1: 711

Post#28 » by JustLucky » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:20 pm

a knicks fans bringing up REGULAR SEASON losses due to reffing is hilarious . Losing in the playoffs like this is worth 5-10 regular season jobs
EmperorLocky
Sixth Man
And1: 3,136

Post#29 » by EmperorLocky » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:35 pm

Missing a coach's time out is ridiculous.

As for tugging on jersey. It happens every play so can't be too bothered by that. That said if they want to stop that they need to start next season calling those jersey pulls. Game will be slower than the NFL whilst players adjust though.

But yeah missing a coach calling time out with 30 seconds left in a one possession game. Refs butchered that one.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,930

Post#30 » by dockingsched » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:04 am

Damn after reading that report I’d feel obligated to apologize to Philly fans if I was a Knicks fan and just avoid any arguments :lol:
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,527

Post#31 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:24 am

___Rand___ wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Knicks had this earlier in the season. Not a big deal, sometimes the calls don’t go your way.

Read on Twitter

Let's not act like this was a make up call for Knicks. Remember the NFL-tackle of Detroit player that somehow NBA refs FORGOT to call a foul on that gave Knicks the win vs Pistons? I've never seen a worse non-call in all my life. I'd never seen worse foul than that in any level of basketball. You guys already had your make up call there.

Thing is…Batum and Oubre have been pulling on Brunson’s jersey all game. I don’t want to hear anything about missing that call :lol:

If they start calling that, that changes a ton for the Sixers defense on Brunson. Might bite them in the ass.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,710

Post#32 » by Vampirate » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:41 am

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:Don’t put yourself in a position where the refs decide the game

In a hyper close game both teams are at the officials mercy for calls/non calls

in that last minute had there been a whistle on a Knicks player and the foul is a bit iffy (50/50) Knicks fans would be screaming bloody murder on the officials.

Nature of the beast in a very close game.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,551

Post#33 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:47 am

dockingsched wrote:Damn after reading that report I’d feel obligated to apologize to Philly fans if I was a Knicks fan and just avoid any arguments
This

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 844

Post#34 » by KOA » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:59 am

cgf wrote:Would love to see an explanation for how the jersey tug affects Maxey's ability to secure the pass but his pushing Hart away from him & off balance doesn't...being genuine here. I would like to understand why one is marginal contact and the other isn't. Hart's motion is impeded much more than Maxey's, no?

https://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0042300112&eventNum=2257

Isn't is obvious? The refs were supposed to favor the sixers, so an extended 2 arm shove is "marginal contact" but breathing on Maxey impedes his progress. I'm surprised they called out the Embiid hack on Divo since the Lowry hack on Divo earlier in the game was deemed to be marginal contact. :lol:

Read on Twitter
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#35 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:07 am

KOA wrote:
cgf wrote:Would love to see an explanation for how the jersey tug affects Maxey's ability to secure the pass but his pushing Hart away from him & off balance doesn't...being genuine here. I would like to understand why one is marginal contact and the other isn't. Hart's motion is impeded much more than Maxey's, no?

https://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0042300112&eventNum=2257

Isn't is obvious? The refs were supposed to favor the sixers, so an extended 2 arm shove is "marginal contact" but breathing on Maxey impedes his progress. I'm surprised they called out the Embiid hack on Divo since the Lowry hack on Divo earlier in the game was deemed to be marginal contact.

Read on Twitter
He's shoving him because he's being held. Don't be blind.

The funniest thing about this are people doubling down. They can't stand the fact that they didn't win fairly.

Sorry to burst your bubble but might want to stop coping.

Bornstellar
Head Coach
And1: 17,553

Post#36 » by Bornstellar » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:08 am

It's funny seeing general reactions by fans to officiating in late game situations

Iowa vs UConn: Omg how can you call a foul that late in the game! Let the players decide!

NY vs. Philly: omg obvious foul how do they not call that! Philly got robbed!!

Seems like no one is happy with officiating in general no matter what :lol:

That being said Philly did get robbed and fouls should be called regardless of when they happen. Hard to feel sorry for the team with the biggest foul merchant in the NBA getting screwed by the officials though tbh
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,527

Post#37 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:12 am

Vampirate wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:Don’t put yourself in a position where the refs decide the game

In a hyper close game both teams are at the officials mercy for calls/non calls

in that last minute had there been a whistle on a Knicks player and the foul is a bit iffy (50/50) Knicks fans would be screaming bloody murder on the officials.

Nature of the beast in a very close game.

We’ve been on the receiving end of calls like this. It is what it is.

But it’s also calls they weren’t making throughout the game. So, can’t get mad when they don’t call it in the end.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,311

Post#38 » by doogie_hauser » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:14 am

Have some sympathy for Philly, but it cannot be argued they choked/threw the game away from a position and time it was very hard to lose from.

Philly can complain about the officiating all they want, but this is just another in a long number of modern day Sixers playoff meltdowns.

The fact Brunson had a crap game and the Knicks won makes this loss even more galling for Philly imo.

Don't like the Knicks, but it's giving them a disservice to suggest the refs gifted them the game.
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,147

Post#39 » by Plutonashfan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:15 am

Stuff like this and the gambling scandal with JonTay Porter has soured my love for the sport.
The Champ is HERE!!!
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#40 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:17 am

Read on Twitter
?t=Z6q4GePXHbiyi0ZfyKdC2w&s=19

Sixers filed the protest would be amazing if this happened.

Return to The General Board