Playoffs Mode Siakam

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,930

Re: Playoffs Mode Siakam 

Post#121 » by nikster » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:30 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
You didn't know that when he was the second best player on the championship team?

He wasn't the second best player on the championship team. He was super important though and did hit the title winning bucket over Draymond.

I mean sure you can say Lowry or VanVleet, but he was 19 ppg and 7 rebounds for the playoffs. That works for a second best scorer.

Lowry was definitely the 2nd most impactful player on that run
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 886

Post#122 » by Roy T » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:45 pm

He’s a great player ngl, but we finna praise him as one of the best for two games?
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 63,024

Post#123 » by Duffman100 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:50 pm

Love the GB. Siakam sucks when he's a Raptors, not worth talking about Raptor fans are ridiculous.

Now he's on the Pacers, Raptors made a huge mistake.

There are a couple posters in this thread who have **** talk Siakam's impact in the past that are now turning around and claiming a massive mistake.
The Servant
Senior
And1: 707

Post#124 » by The Servant » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:11 pm

nikster wrote:
The Servant wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:Dude is a great player. Always has been. We got a bag of chips for him because he was expiring this summer. Masai waited too long to trade him. Had we traded him two seasons ago when some of us wanted to, we would have gotten a similar haul to what Utah got for Gobert or Mitchell.

Masai's post championship GMing is in the bottom 30% of the league imo. Not sure the last 2 or 3 years is top 20.

I have a hard time believing that. As much as there's been some poor decisions the Barnes picks and the OG trade were both incredible moves, and the team is pretty well positioned for a quick rebuild.

Pistons, Wizards, Hornets, Nets, Hawks, Trail blazers and Bulls have all been really bad. Suns can probably be added to that group, gave up future for a win now move for 3 stars that don't fit, looking like they're about to be a first round exit while capped out. Lakers have made several blunders since their title. Don't see an argument for Raps being worse than any of those teams.

Then other teams have really stagnated. Bucks haven't done any significant moves since their title, results on the Lillard trade are tbd. Golden State messed up trying to balance win now with youth. 76ers haven't added anyone meaningful around Joel since Maxey was drafted. teams like the Cavs and Kings made big moves that haven't led to any real success yet, and can look like big mistakes if they don't get anywhere the near future.

Would you have their office in the top 15? If so, which team's GM is behind them at 16
nikster
RealGM

Post#125 » by nikster » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:26 pm

The Servant wrote:
nikster wrote:
The Servant wrote:
Masai's post championship GMing is in the bottom 30% of the league imo. Not sure the last 2 or 3 years is top 20.

I have a hard time believing that. As much as there's been some poor decisions the Barnes picks and the OG trade were both incredible moves, and the team is pretty well positioned for a quick rebuild.

Pistons, Wizards, Hornets, Nets, Hawks, Trail blazers and Bulls have all been really bad. Suns can probably be added to that group, gave up future for a win now move for 3 stars that don't fit, looking like they're about to be a first round exit while capped out. Lakers have made several blunders since their title. Don't see an argument for Raps being worse than any of those teams.

Then other teams have really stagnated. Bucks haven't done any significant moves since their title, results on the Lillard trade are tbd. Golden State messed up trying to balance win now with youth. 76ers haven't added anyone meaningful around Joel since Maxey was drafted. teams like the Cavs and Kings made big moves that haven't led to any real success yet, and can look like big mistakes if they don't get anywhere the near future.

Would you have their office in the top 15? If so, which team's GM is behind them at 16

When you consider their overall body of work I would for sure. Recent years it's a toss up with a few teams. I listed 14 there that you could make a good argument raptors being ahead. Its tough to judge teams in transition peroids (new up and coming teams like Houston, Magic), teams that recently started to tank (Spurs, Utah) or teams that have been decimated by injuries (Memphis, Clippers, Pelicans).

In recent years Boston, Miami and New York stand out in the East, and Denver, OKC and Wolves stand out in the west.
kleatius_01
Senior
And1: 299

Post#126 » by kleatius_01 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:31 pm

aminiaturebuddha wrote:
kleatius_01 wrote:
Potential wrote:Always been a playoff riser except for the bubble where he never played basketball for 6 months. He's at his best feeding off of the home crowd's energy

If by playoff riser you mean has been less productive than in the regular season every year of his career then I guess so?

He's killing it this year tho, what a hot start. If he keeps it up the bucks are in trouble!

That's simply not true. In the 2019 playoff run (the most playoff games he's ever played), he averaged 19 ppg, 7.1 rpg, and 2.8 apg compared to his averages during the regular season of 16.9 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 3.1 apg.

During the 2022 series against Philly he averaged numbers very close to his season averages at 22.8, 7.2, 5.8 compared to 22.8, 8.5, 5.3.

Really the only time he's been less productive than in the regular season was during the bubble playoffs in 2020, and that was because he famously wasn't able to workout or practice during the pandemic and came back rusty as hell.

In both 2019 and 2022 his minutes went way up in the playoffs while efficiency went down. Not exactly a playoff riser.

The past is past, this year he's killing it!
aminiaturebuddha
Head Coach
And1: 6,505

Post#127 » by aminiaturebuddha » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:34 pm

kleatius_01 wrote:
aminiaturebuddha wrote:
kleatius_01 wrote:
If by playoff riser you mean has been less productive than in the regular season every year of his career then I guess so?

He's killing it this year tho, what a hot start. If he keeps it up the bucks are in trouble!

That's simply not true. In the 2019 playoff run (the most playoff games he's ever played), he averaged 19 ppg, 7.1 rpg, and 2.8 apg compared to his averages during the regular season of 16.9 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 3.1 apg.

During the 2022 series against Philly he averaged numbers very close to his season averages at 22.8, 7.2, 5.8 compared to 22.8, 8.5, 5.3.

Really the only time he's been less productive than in the regular season was during the bubble playoffs in 2020, and that was because he famously wasn't able to workout or practice during the pandemic and came back rusty as hell.

In both 2019 and 2022 his minutes went way up in the playoffs while efficiency went down. Not exactly a playoff riser.

Ah ok, so what you meant to say is that he's been less efficient, not less productive. Thanks for the correction.
kleatius_01
Senior
And1: 299

Post#128 » by kleatius_01 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:50 pm

aminiaturebuddha wrote:Ah ok, so what you meant to say is that he's been less efficient, not less productive. Thanks for the correction.

Uh not really. I think effectiveness is part of the definition of productivity. Rate of output (stats) per unit of input (time/touches). Sorry to be a downer, I just wouldn't say he's played better in playoffs in the past. Full disclosure, I am a Raps fan so may be biased.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,295

Post#129 » by ItsDanger » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:54 pm

The Servant wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:Dude is a great player. Always has been. We got a bag of chips for him because he was expiring this summer. Masai waited too long to trade him. Had we traded him two seasons ago when some of us wanted to, we would have gotten a similar haul to what Utah got for Gobert or Mitchell.

Some people just can't admit this for whatever reason. Management of the team just hasn't been good for past few seasons. Had it too good for too long has bred complacency.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#130 » by tcheco » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:56 pm

risky openning this thread after 2 playoffs games, but I do love some risky posting. I like Siakam, hope he can keep this up
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,055

Post#131 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:02 pm

They got Siakam, but we got Jalen McDaniels.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
nikster
RealGM

Post#132 » by nikster » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:03 pm

The Servant wrote:
nikster wrote:
The Servant wrote:

When you consider their overall body of work I would for sure. Recent years it's a toss up with a few teams. I listed 14 there that you could make a good argument raptors being ahead. Its tough to judge teams in transition peroids (new up and coming teams like Houston, Magic), teams that recently started to tank (Spurs, Utah) or teams that have been decimated by injuries (Memphis, Clippers, Pelicans).

In recent years Boston, Miami and New York stand out in the East, and Denver, OKC and Wolves stand out in the west.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,055

Post#133 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:04 pm

Siakam has been extremely underrated and underappreciated for way too long.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,371

Post#134 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:05 pm

kleatius_01 wrote:
aminiaturebuddha wrote:
kleatius_01 wrote:

It's 2 games with no Giannis. That goes for this entire thread really.
"The best ability is availability"

Not if the player sucks a**.
aminiaturebuddha
Head Coach
And1: 6,505

Post#135 » by aminiaturebuddha » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:22 pm

kleatius_01 wrote:
aminiaturebuddha wrote:Ah ok, so what you meant to say is that he's been less efficient, not less productive. Thanks for the correction.

Uh not really. I think effectiveness is part of the definition of productivity. Rate of output (stats) per unit of input (time/touches). Sorry to be a downer, I just wouldn't say he's played better in playoffs in the past. Full disclosure, I am a Raps fan so may be biased.

As am I.

But what you're describing is literally what efficiency is. That's different from production. It's not reasonable to change the definitions of something just because what you initially said isn't true.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,040

Post#136 » by bledredwine » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:37 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:Dude is a great player. Always has been. We got a bag of chips for him because he was expiring this summer. Masai waited too long to trade him. Had we traded him two seasons ago when some of us wanted to, we would have gotten a similar haul that Utah got for Gobert or Mitchell.

There was no reason to trade him then. 48 wins and the ROTY.

What you want to do is trade your best players in the middle of decent contracts as soon as they are exactly at their prime. And you just keep doing that over and over so you can continue to win only 48 games.

That's what I was saying ASAP about Lavine, but none of the Bulls fans or FO wanted that.

We're in a stellar position now. Yes, that's sarcasm.

Learn from our mistakes.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,970

Post#137 » by Jabroni Lames » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:41 pm

Wargreymon wrote:Sigh...we got robbed by the Pacers didn't we?

All Hail the great Masai-ah Ujiri.

If I'm not mistaken, Ujiri is the highest paid front office executive in the NBA. He's been taking straight L's ever since the Raptors won their chip.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,042

Post#138 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:23 pm

bledredwine wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
There was no reason to trade him then. 48 wins and the ROTY.

What you want to do is trade your best players in the middle of decent contracts as soon as they are exactly at their prime. And you just keep doing that over and over so you can continue to win only 48 games.

That's what I was saying ASAP about Lavine, but none of the Bulls fans or FO wanted that.

We're in a stellar position now. Yes, that's sarcasm.

Learn from our mistakes.

"best players"
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,931

Post#139 » by Jadoogar » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:32 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Love the GB. Siakam sucks when he's a Raptors, not worth talking about Raptor fans are ridiculous.

There are a couple posters in this thread who have **** talk Siakam's impact in the past that are now turning around and claiming a massive mistake.

Siakam was super underrated because of how terrible the Raptors' roster was constructed. I knew he would look much better when he wasn't playing next to 2 guys who didn't shoot.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,797

Post#140 » by Pointgod » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:36 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:Love the GB. Siakam sucks when he's a Raptors, not worth talking about Raptor fans are ridiculous.

Siakam was super underrated because of how terrible the Raptors' roster was constructed. I knew he would look much better when he wasn't playing next to 2 guys who didn't shoot.

Siakam was always better as a second option with space to operate. Its not rocket science, the guys game is getting into the paint and creating from the interior. You need space to do that or else teams just collapse in on you. Also think Pacers pace probably helps pump up his stats but the question on the Raptors is why do you max Siakam when we didn’t have the #1 guy.

Return to The General Board