Playoffs Mode Siakam

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,085

Re: Playoffs Mode Siakam 

Post#161 » by bledredwine » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
If you never considered him great then why do you think NBA Executives would? The reality is not much was offered last year. So there was never great value to be had. Many also believed the team had a bright future less than two years ago as Scottie was coming off a ROTY season.

Even when the evidence is staring you in the face, denial remains the option. Many also believed that team as constructed was going nowhere. And they were right. Time to let it go.

What are YOU talking about. You would have tanked that team and blown it up every year for a decade including the championship.

You're a broken clock and you think you are a genius. :roll:

Nothing you have said has contributed anything or made sense.

You're just making Highschool-level replies to create drama. No, tanking doesn't equate to a forever treadmill.
Staying on the treadmill does, which is exactly what the Bulls have done.

Several franchises successfully pulled this off. By the way, have you ever heard of the 90s Bulls?
Spurs? Lakers? OKC?
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,987

Post#162 » by Los_29 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:17 am

bledredwine wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
bledredwine wrote:
The only stupid thing here is every single one of your pointless replies.

You always trade a player who could give you great value when your team has no future.

And apparently the sarcasm flew over your head. The point was we are NOT in a good position because we didn’t trade Lavine at peak value.

Go ahead and try to tell me that wouldn’t have helped? Exactly.

If you never considered him great then why do you think NBA Executives would? The reality is not much was offered last year. So there was never great value to be had. Many also believed the team had a bright future less than two years ago as Scottie was coming off a ROTY season.

That's simply false. If you're telling me that Siakam's value was same and especially higher than peak Lavine, as pertaining to this thread, you're mistaken.

He was putting up 27, 5 and 5 while shooting over .500 and .419 from 3. Come on now.
Everyone was comparing him with Mitchell, Murray and that whole crew when said players were also peaking.

But I knew that he would decline and that we didn't have a shot at winning. I was right.

This is actually what bothers me about realm. They live too much in the moment.
X player is great, X player sucks, depending on the day. There's no objectivity looking back.

The difference between you, Johnny and I is that I don't overrate players on my own team.
I knew what Zach was. I knew what Joakim Noah was. They were great, but not franchise player great,
as some liked to pretend- 3rd options on a championship team at best.

What are you even talking about? “You, Johnny and I?” :lol:

I missed your back and forth with Johnny. I was simply addressing your point about trading Pascal when his value was great. There was never great value to be had with Pascal as the offers last year were only marginally better than what was offered this year.

You said that you don’t overrate players on your team and yet you thought Pat Will had the tools to be a Kawhi/Jimmy type player. There is no possible way you can watch Pat Will and objectively think he ever had those kinds of tools.
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,725

Post#163 » by ChuckChilly » Thu May 2, 2024 5:33 am

What happened to him? Two great games then dropped off a cliff.
Gatorade Sax
Senior
And1: 837

Post#164 » by Gatorade Sax » Thu May 2, 2024 8:25 am

Gatorade Sax wrote:I’ll be the first to admit that I did not think Siakim had this level of play in him. We’ll see if he can keep it up!

Turns out he’s as up and down as the next guy. For every great game, there’s a shocker. Consistency is key in this league, especially the playoffs.

Maybe his next game will be the ‘up game’. They definitely don’t want to go 7 though with rumours of Giannis’ imminent return.
Ray Donovan
Junior
And1: 165

Post#165 » by Ray Donovan » Thu May 2, 2024 2:32 pm

Sikam to Dallas changes the West
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,169

Post#166 » by Johnny Bball » Thu May 2, 2024 2:47 pm

ChuckChilly wrote:What happened to him? Two great games then dropped off a cliff.

Perhaps they changed how they defended him.... after two great games.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,915

Post#167 » by ForeverTFC » Thu May 2, 2024 2:50 pm

ChuckChilly wrote:What happened to him? Two great games then dropped off a cliff.

They don't use him properly. Also the Bucks are now prioritizing him on the defensive end and Hali can't take advantage of it like Siakam was when they were targeting Hali. Siakam isn't an all world shot creator, he's in the next tier.

Return to The General Board