Most likely to come back from 0-2 hole and win series?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Which team has best chance of coming back from 0-2

Poll ended at Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:50 pm

Lakers
5%
Suns
17%
Sixers
64%
Magic
13%

Total votes: 182

Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,234

Re: Most likely to come back from 0-2 hole and win series? 

Post#21 » by Marvin Martian » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:51 pm

don't know why people are bullish on PHI. They lost 2 games with Brunson playing like trash. What do you think will happen if he gets back on track? They are more likely to get swept than even the series.

I would put my money on ORL. They just need to get their offense going.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,519

Post#22 » by nbafan38 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 pm

76ers and I don't think its even close of the options to be honest (not saying the 76ers will do it) as I'd vote none of that was an option.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,904

Post#23 » by XtremeDunkz » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:54 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:don't know why people are bullish on PHI. They lost 2 games with Brunson playing like trash. What do you think will happen if he gets back on track? They are more likely to get swept than even the series.

Brunson is playing like trash because the defense is locked on him, not because he's missing wide open shots.

If Philly decides to play him straight up then sure he will get his but then they also won't be getting these wide open 3s they did in games 1 and 2

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
nbafan38
Head Coach

Post#24 » by nbafan38 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:56 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:don't know why people are bullish on PHI. They lost 2 games with Brunson playing like trash. What do you think will happen if he gets back on track? They are more likely to get swept than even the series.

The magic are too young and inexperienced and haven't given any reason to believe they can even come close to winning in Cleveland even if they win their home games.

The 76ers had a lead in the 4th in both games in NY.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,626

Post#25 » by cgf » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 pm

I'm guessing the thinking is that Philly has been selling out to limit Brunson and will continue to do so...yes he's missed some shots he normal makes, but some of that is them not letting him find his comfort-zone/rhythm like he normal does.

The flip side of that has been that our role players have gone off in a way we haven't let theirs...but role players tend to perform better at home than on the road. So banking on 2 of DDV / Deuce / Hart / OG / Bogey to go off enough to help Brunson is iffier in Philly than at the Garden.

Throw in the possibility that Embiid will play himself into better shape as the series goes on, and I can understand why those odds are tempting. I can't bet against my team and tend to agree that Brunson is unlikely to stay this bad for the whole series...so I wouldn't touch it, but it's not a bad long shot to throw a little money at if you're a gambler.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#26 » by cgf » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:01 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:

Brunson is playing like trash because the defense is locked on him, not because he's missing wide open shots.

If Philly decides to play him straight up then sure he will get his but then they also won't be getting these wide open 3s they did in games 1 and 2

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The defense has been great...but Brunson is also missing shots he normally hits. Some of that is you not letting him get his rhythm, but some of that is just Jalen needing to be better.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

nbafan38
Head Coach

Post#27 » by nbafan38 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:02 pm

cgf wrote:

I'm guessing the thinking is that Philly has been selling out to limit Brunson and will continue to do so...yes he's missed some shots he normal makes, but some of that is them not letting him find his comfort-zone/rhythm like he normal does.

The flip side of that has been that our role players have gone off in a way we haven't let theirs...but role players tend to perform better at home than on the road. So banking on 2 of DDV / Deuce / Hart / OG / Bogey to go off enough to help Brunson is iffier in Philly than at the Garden.

Throw in the possibility that Embiid will play himself into better shape as the series goes on, and I can understand why those odds are tempting. I can't bet against my team and tend to agree that Brunson is unlikely to stay this bad for the whole series...so I wouldn't touch it, but it's not a bad long shot to throw a little money at if you're a gambler.

Yes +370 odds when it's probably more like a 30% chance (my thoughts) is technically a good value although I wouldn't personally bet something I thought had that low of a chance of happening.
MarcusBrody
Starter
And1: 3,800

Post#28 » by MarcusBrody » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:08 pm

I'm not expecting any of the teams down 0-2 to comeback, but I'm surprised that people have the Magic so far down the list. While they lack the star power of the 76ers/Suns, the Magic are a pretty good team and they and the Cavs are more evenly matched than some of the pairings. The Magic have shot further below season averages than the Cavs (though credit the Cavs D for some of that). The Magic are are a really good home team and a mediocre away team (though the Cavs are a pretty good away team).

Obviously KD/Booker/Beal all can catch fire, but I think people really underestimate how good the Timberwolves are, especially defensively. I would be notably more surprised to see the Suns come back than I would the Magic.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,079

Post#29 » by UcanUwill » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:08 pm

cgf wrote:Maybe the Suns or Magic because Minny & Cleveland are inexperienced enough to crumble on the road? Don't really see any of these series getting turned around TBH.

Thing with Magic, their opponent plays trash basketball and still beating them in near blow outs. I didnt vote for anyone, since I really got no answer. I can talk myself into any of those being the answer or a complete opposite, really have no clue. I think they all lose, but do not really know what is the answer to this question.
nbafan38
Head Coach

Post#30 » by nbafan38 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:10 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
cgf wrote:Maybe the Suns or Magic because Minny & Cleveland are inexperienced enough to crumble on the road? Don't really see any of these series getting turned around TBH.

Thing with Magic, their opponent plays trash basketball and still beating them in near blow outs. I didnt vote for anyone, since I really got no answer. I can talk myself into any of those being the answer or a complete opposite, really have no clue. I think they all lose, but do not really know what is the answer to this question.

The only team it's hard to make any case at all for is the lakers.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#31 » by UcanUwill » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:11 pm

MarcusBrody wrote:I'm not expecting any of the teams down 0-2 to comeback, but I'm surprised that people have the Magic so far down the list. While they lack the star power of the 76ers/Suns, the Magic are a pretty good team and they and the Cavs are more evenly matched than some of the pairings. The Magic have shot further below season averages than the Cavs (though credit the Cavs D for some of that). The Magic are are a really good home team and a mediocre away team (though the Cavs are a pretty good away team).

Obviously KD/Booker/Beal all can catch fire, but I think people really underestimate how good the Timberwolves are, especially defensively. I would be notably more surprised to see the Suns come back than I would the Magic.

Maybe Franz can figure it out, but he is having his own "Mobley/Allen vs Mitchell Robinson" moment.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,702

Post#32 » by Roger Murdock » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:12 pm

As someone who thought the Magic would win, it’s definitely not them. The Cavs are getting way easier looks and are underperforming. Nothing has come easy to the Magic in 2 games. All of their scoring is painful, awful ball handling, shooting, and passing. Allen and Mobley give their only good offensive player no breathing room. Cavs have struggled on open looks through 2 games and played sloppy at times and won comfortably. This isn’t a case of the Magic being in a slump, the Magic are getting very few good possessions period.

Lakers are outclassed and Nuggets are too good. It’s not them.

76ers are a more talented team than NYK but they are kind of injured and have one of the all time worst playoff performers leading their team. I think they *should* win this series but I’ve also thought they should have at least 2 finals appearances by now. They just chronically underperform.

I think it’s Suns by default
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#33 » by UcanUwill » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:14 pm

nbafan38 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

Probably, but their opponent is the most reliable out of them all. AD just played a fantastic game, not sure how much better can he play, and Jokic still outplayed him just like that.
nbafan38
Head Coach

Post#34 » by nbafan38 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:16 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

Probably, but their opponent is the most reliable out of them all. AD just played a fantastic game, not sure how much better can he play, and Jokic still outplayed him just like that.

I agree that's why I said it's hard to make any case they can come back. Their opponent is too good.
cgf
RealGM

Post#35 » by cgf » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:36 pm

UcanUwill wrote:

Yeah. Things would really need to click for some of these young magic and the Cavs would really need to meltdown after Orlando refused to roll over for it to happen. But maybe if the Cavs start shooting even worse, and let off the gas because they think the series is already won, while Suggs & Anthony got hot back at home and Franz started to figure the playoffs out?

I'm talking myself into something I don't believe lol. So I guess I think the Suns are most likely? But I really don't like their chances either.

Special_Puppy
Rookie
And1: 864

Post#36 » by Special_Puppy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:43 pm

Either the Suns or 76ers.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#37 » by UcanUwill » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:56 pm

nbafan38 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:

I agree that's why I said it's hard to make any case they can come back. Their opponent is too good.

Oh, i have misread that. Yeah, tough shot beating Denver 4 out of 5.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,680

Post#38 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:14 pm

The Lakers. They were leading big in both the games they lost. They basically won the series last year, too, despite technically getting swept. Clearly they have the Nuggets figured out. I bet Jokic can't sleep at night thinking about the Lakers defense stifling his game.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,326

Post#39 » by jkvonny » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:47 pm

The teams on this poll?

I'd say a toss up between the Magic (if they find an offense) or Sixers.

All of these teams probably loses their series tho.
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,211

Post#40 » by kenwood3333 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:52 pm

Lakers have the best chance. With a bit of help from the league/refs , they could tie up the series soon.

Sixers is too reliance on Embiid who is clearly deterred by health.

Suns looks like a big mess.

Magic appears to have given up.

Return to The General Board