Does Embiid have Bell’s Palsy??

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 441

Re: Does Embiid have Bell’s Palsy?? 

Post#41 » by Hatrick Ewing » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:06 am

He has bells palsy and a penchant for hunting the groins of players who defend him well.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 289

Post#42 » by WentzerWuver » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:09 am

Hatrick Ewing wrote:He has bells palsy and a penchant for hunting the groins of players who defend him well.
You need to be banned like pronto!
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 441

Post#43 » by Hatrick Ewing » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:10 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
Hatrick Ewing wrote:He has bells palsy and a penchant for hunting the groins of players who defend him well.
You need to be banned like pronto!

He kicked 2 players in the balls in a span of about 5 minutes.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,466

Post#44 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:16 am

Read on Twitter
?t=n1W6G4Bm9Ijwdsy6R0g32Q&s=19

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,696

Post#45 » by WarriorGM » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:21 am

He shouldn't be playing.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,372

Post#46 » by jkvonny » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:24 am

Get well!

Yup! I think its the Bells Pallsy
I had the same thing many years ago. One of those weird conditions that just hit you for some unknown reason. Have no idea why and how I caught it. It wasnt fun, my left eye was burning due to dryness and irritation ( my eye stayed open and didn't blink). I had to wear an eyepatch with eye ointment, looked like a pirate. I had to drink with a straw, because food and water would drip out of my mouth. Half of your facial muscles are frozen. It cleared away a few weeks later. with meds that my doctor prescribed me at the time. It was so odd, my face was locked up on one side. We thought I had a stroke or something, went to the doctor. I they ran some tests on me.

Mr Embiid will be alright.

Some good videos.

jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,372

Post#47 » by jkvonny » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 am

Chokic wrote:Maybe side effect from the injections? Sixers should do the right thing to shut him down and let him properly heal for next season. Instead they're willing to jeopardize his health and career to try to win a futile chip this season. Sixers organization doesn't deserve him. That franchise is cursed.

I seriously doubt that.

I had the same thing many years ago. :lol:
And it only last a couple of weeks before it went away.

Way before Covid and vaccine shots.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,260

Post#48 » by AleksandarN » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:11 am

WarriorGM wrote:He shouldn't be playing.

Exactly.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,198

Post#49 » by stoo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 am

why are people repeating bell's palsy has an unknown cause? here in serbia every kid knows it happens when you expose your head with vet hair to direct wind, like one when u open a car window while driving
NotSinceWilt
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,446

Post#50 » by NoStatsGuy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:10 am

embiid is completely fine, thats what the sixers fans told me. so yea, i dont wanna hear any excuses
im bout dat action boss
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#51 » by 76thBearCub » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:10 am

Good thread, great discussion.
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,147

Post#52 » by Plutonashfan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:47 am

SNPA wrote:
og15 wrote:
SNPA wrote:Good info. I take him serious. He could absolutely be right.

Dr.s don’t diagnose from a distance though.

Well, I wouldn't say that as a blanket statement. Some things medical professionals do diagnose from a distance, just depends on what it is. Telehealth is more of a thing now, more so since COVID, sometimes you'll video chat a patient and discuss things, just depends on what.

A palsy can definitely be observed (I would say this vs diagnosed in this case) from a distance, now figuring out the why and such would require more intimate interaction.

All true. But there is a code that you don’t diagnose from a distance…meaning you’ve never examined or questioned the patient yourself.

There’s a whole movement to counter this in extreme cases, it’s called Duty to Warn.

That's all fine and dandy but it seems Dr Sutter was right.
The Champ is HERE!!!
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,407

Post#53 » by og15 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:13 pm

SNPA wrote:
og15 wrote:
SNPA wrote:Good info. I take him serious. He could absolutely be right.

Dr.s don’t diagnose from a distance though.

Well, I wouldn't say that as a blanket statement. Some things medical professionals do diagnose from a distance, just depends on what it is. Telehealth is more of a thing now, more so since COVID, sometimes you'll video chat a patient and discuss things, just depends on what.

A palsy can definitely be observed (I would say this vs diagnosed in this case) from a distance, now figuring out the why and such would require more intimate interaction.

All true. But there is a code that you don’t diagnose from a distance…meaning you’ve never examined or questioned the patient yourself.

There’s a whole movement to counter this in extreme cases, it’s called Duty to Warn.

We should differ between diagnosing someone as in giving them actual medical advice vs talking about what a person who is already in the care of competent medical professionals might have.

The first one you want to avoid so that you're not putting people in danger by having them try to treat something they may or may not have, etc, or thinking something is mild when it is not. The later is not directing anyone in medical care.

AleksandarN wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:He shouldn't be playing.

Exactly.

Where are you guys getting this from? Bells palsy won't get worse because you're playing basketball. Now, it can certainly affect his play in terms of getting dry eyes and blurry vision, but no, not exactly lol
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,522

Post#54 » by Rendei » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:25 pm

Somehow this is all very on point for Embiid. First game at home in the playoffs, too.
UglyBugBall
Senior
And1: 729

Post#55 » by UglyBugBall » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:32 pm

JT3000 wrote:
SNPA wrote:Let’s all play nice in this thread please. Serious accusation has been made, but it’s not a permanent conditions usually.

It's a health condition, not an "accusation."

lol, semantics much? People are accusing Embiid of having it. So yes, it's an accusation and the balls in Embiids court to confirm or deny.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,924

Post#56 » by OkcSinceSGA » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:34 pm

Read on Twitter
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
srhcan
Veteran
And1: 1,666

Post#57 » by srhcan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:52 pm

Wow. I did not know Embiid is that tough. We keep hearing he is a flopper and soft. But this incident is showing him in a different light.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,442

Post#58 » by D.Brasco » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:07 pm

SNPA wrote:
JT3000 wrote:
SNPA wrote:Let’s all play nice in this thread please. Serious accusation has been made, but it’s not a permanent conditions usually.

It's a health condition, not an "accusation."

This Dr has examined him?

That Dr. was right on the money as usual. 99% of YouTube docs are fakes or quacks but this one guy seems to be always correct in his sports injury assessments.

He's great. Does a lot of UFC and NFL injury assessments too that almost always end up as correct calls.
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 3,899

Post#59 » by hauntedcomputer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:17 pm

So some folks here want to shut him down just because they don't want to look at a fairly benign medical condition?
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.
vi3t
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,355

Post#60 » by vi3t » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:56 pm

jkvonny wrote:Get well!

Yup! I think its the Bells Pallsy
I had the same thing many years ago. One of those weird conditions that just hit you for some unknown reason. Have no idea why and how I caught it. It wasnt fun, my left eye was burning due to dryness and irritation ( my eye stayed open and didn't blink). I had to wear an eyepatch with eye ointment, looked like a pirate. I had to drink with a straw, because food and water would drip out of my mouth. Half of your facial muscles are frozen. It cleared away a few weeks later. with meds that my doctor prescribed me at the time. It was so odd, my face was locked up on one side. We thought I had a stroke or something, went to the doctor. I they ran some tests on me.

Mr Embiid will be alright.

Some good videos.

Same, I only noticed something was wrong when water kept dripping out my mouth, doctor prescribed me prednisone and I was fine in a week. Some speculate it could be from the same family of viruses that of the chicken pox which I believe because my brother got chicken pox the same time

Return to The General Board