Embiid 50 point playoff game!

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,799

Re: Embiid 50 point playoff game! 

Post#261 » by LordCovington33 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

You step over a guy you're asking for it. DiVincenzo tackled Oubre when he tried.

Every damn player in the league would do something. You're reaching...

Let’s not forget OG falling onto Maxey in the same game, causing Maxey to roll his ankle.

The difference is that Maxey got up and continued playing, while Robinson went to the locker room for his ALREADY INJURED ankle. In fact, he was on injury status report before the match:

Thursday, April 25, 2024
PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
M. Robinson C Thu, Apr 25 Ankle Game Time Decision
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,707

Post#262 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:29 am

famicommander wrote:
cgf wrote:
famicommander wrote:
Embiid will never, ever be worthy of comparison to David Robinson. Robinson is one of the most underrated players of all time and to mention him with Ewing or Mourning is disrespectful as hell.

Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem, Jokic, Robinson, Moses, Dirk, and Duncan are all a tier far above Ewing or Embiid. I know people tend to think of Dirk and Timmy as forwards but they actually both spent more than half their career minutes at center.

Just curious what your argument for putting Robinson and Ewing in separate tiers is.

Is this a joke?

Robinson:
2X NBA Champion
1X NBA MVP
10X All NBA (4X 1st team, 2X 2nd team, 4X 3rd team)
1X Defensive Player of the Year
8X All-Defense (4X 1st team, 4X 2nd team)
1X Scoring Champion
1X Rebounding Champion
1X Blocks Champion
26.2 career PER
.250 career WS/48
7.5 career BPM
81.9 career VORP

Ewing:
7X All NBA (1X 1st team, 6X 2nd team)
3X All-Defense (0X 1st team, 3X 2nd team)
21.0 career PER
.150 career WS/48
2.9 career BPM
50.1 career VORP

Robinson is a top 10 all time NBA player. Top 15 at worst.

Robinson had better regular season numbers, but until Duncan arrived to win him a ring, the admiral was widely considered a playoff choker. Ewing otoh made it to the finals as his team's best player, despite playing in the stronger conference.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,545

Post#263 » by Cubbies2120 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:35 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

You step over a guy you're asking for it. DiVincenzo tackled Oubre when he tried.

Let’s not forget OG falling onto Maxey in the same game, causing Maxey to roll his ankle.

The difference is that Maxey got up and continued playing, while Robinson went to the locker room for his ALREADY INJURED ankle. In fact, he was on injury status report before the match:

Thursday, April 25, 2024

One was an accident.

Another was the result of a 280lb flopping fish ending up on the ground from OG Anonouby posting him up, then yanking down on an already compromised opponents leg and hurting his ankle more.

Regardless, these threads are getting annoying. It's essentially one fanbase claiming their guy isn't dirty and refusing to acknowledge what fans of the other 29 teams are saying.

Let's just say it should be evident now why fans of the rest of the NBA don't like your guy. Compare his behavior yesterday full of whining, flopping and dirty plays with the guy who exemplifies class and intelligence that has fans across the league - Jokic.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#264 » by LordCovington33 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:40 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Thursday, April 25, 2024

One was an accident.

Another was the result of a 280lb flopping fish ending up on the ground from OG Anonouby posting him up, then yanking down on an already compromised opponents leg and hurting his ankle more.

Regardless, these threads are getting annoying. It's essentially one fanbase claiming their guy isn't dirty and refusing to acknowledge what fans of the other 29 teams are saying.

Let's just say it should be evident now why fans of the rest of the NBA don't like your guy. Compare his behavior yesterday full of whining, flopping and dirty plays with the guy who exemplifies class and intelligence that has fans across the league - Jokic.

Always giving props to your fellow countryman while taking shots at Embiid, be it here, the game thread or the MVP thread (before Embiid was out of the running). Consistent.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,532

Post#265 » by Capn'O » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:44 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:Regardless, these threads are getting annoying. It's essentially one fanbase claiming their guy isn't dirty and refusing to acknowledge what fans of the other 29 teams are saying.

Wait. You, RondoLova4Lyf, Dirk, and RapsMania69 aren't Knicks fans?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#266 » by Context » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

Danny must have been really pissed given that he came back and played for the Sixers this year. Dude must have hated him. Lol, you guys take this stuff far more personally than the actual players.

:lol:
The fact that Embiid is a glass MVP doesnt effect my life personally...Speaking for myself- when you're suppose to be one of the top
players in the league- youre whining & crying -recklessly committing flagrant fouls on several players - purposley grabbing players legs when theyre in the air- locking their ankles like this is the WWF--that's going to get my attention and I'm going to give my thoughts on it.

Commpound that with the fact that prior to the playin game I havent seen Embiid play since Mitch gave him hell-in Mitch's rookie year.
Dirtbiid's play against the Knicks last night and twitter :lol: brought me up to speed on what Dirtbiid has been up to. Honestly -
I'm shocked. When DIrtbiid won the MVP last year I didnt know any of this...

You and others need to show some integrity and stop denying what type of player he is.

Dirty play -after dirty play -that Dirtbiid performed on the knicks is nothing new. It's who he is and will be part of his legacy.
Thats something he has to deal with -it doesnt affect me.
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#267 » by Capn'O » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 am

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:This whole game needs an asterisk lol

Honestly though me as a Coach i'd be telling my Knicks team we're going to be as physical as possible, run him through screens, chip box outs, everything because that was dirty and he just needs to be banged up all game long

Me as a player, would be looking for the first blockout that i can take out his knee...you play dirty i'm gonna be even worse right back to you!

These Knicks fans really need to let it go amirite?

Spoiler:
I'm fully aware of how awkward this must be for you and appreciate your support, sir.
BAF Clippers

LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#268 » by LordCovington33 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 am

Context wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

Danny must have been really pissed given that he came back and played for the Sixers this year. Dude must have hated him. Lol, you guys take this stuff far more personally than the actual players.

The fact that Embiid is a glass MVP doesnt effect my life personally...Speaking for myself- when you're suppose to be one of the top
players in the league- youre whining & crying -recklessly committing flagrant fouls on several players - purposley grabbing players legs when theyre in the air- locking their ankles like this is the WWF--that's going to get my attention and I'm going to give my thoughts on it.

Commpound that with the fact that prior to the playin game I havent seen Embiid play since Mitch gave him hell-in Mitch's rookie year.
Dirtbiid's play against the Knicks last night and twitter :lol: brought me up to speed on what Dirtbiid has been up to. Honestly -

You and others need to show some integrity and stop denying what type of player he is.

Dirty play -after dirty play -that Dirtbiid performed on the knicks is nothing new. It's who he is and will be part of his legacy.

He’s in good company here. Given the amount of time you’ve invested in this thread with your clips and even coming up with ingenious monikers like Dirtbiid, I can only imagine how this thread would play out if it did affect you. lmao
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#269 » by LordCovington33 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:02 am

Capn'O wrote:

Honestly though me as a Coach i'd be telling my Knicks team we're going to be as physical as possible, run him through screens, chip box outs, everything because that was dirty and he just needs to be banged up all game long

Me as a player, would be looking for the first blockout that i can take out his knee...you play dirty i'm gonna be even worse right back to you!

Spoiler:
I'm fully aware of how awkward this must be for you and appreciate your support, sir.

Quoting a guy who supports taking out a guy’s knee with the first play is a bad look for a mod, and does not reflect all Knicks fans just a select few who think this is WWE.
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#270 » by Context » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
Context wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

He’s in good company here. Given the amount of time you’ve invested in this thread with your clips and even coming up with ingenious monikers like Dirtbiid, I can only imagine how this thread would play out if it did affect you. lmao

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#271 » by LordCovington33 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:34 am

Why did Washington get ejected? He had a technical and then pushed Westbrook after the play (a flagrant foul). Two technicals and you get ejected.

Why did Westbrook get ejected? You must have missed the jab to Washington’s chest in retaliation for the push:
“Punching fouls, although recorded as both personal and team fouls, are unsportsmanlike acts. The player will be ejected immediately.”

It’s not difficult folks!
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#272 » by Hussien Fatal » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 am

famicommander wrote:
web123888 wrote:May have been dirty plays by him but whole thread is filled with bashing a dude who dropped 50 in a must win game down 0-2 against an elite defense, all while having facial nerve palsy.

Mad respect where it’s due. Whether or not he ever wins a title or even reaches a conference finals, he’s one of the greatest centers ever.

Probably looks more likely to end up with the Robinson/Ewing/Mourning rather than the Kareem/Russell/Wilt/Shaq/Jokic/Hakeem category, but an ATG and easy HOFer nonetheless.

Embiid will never, ever be worthy of comparison to David Robinson. Robinson is one of the most underrated players of all time and to mention him with Ewing or Mourning is disrespectful as hell.

Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem, Jokic, Robinson, Moses, Dirk, and Duncan are all a tier far above Ewing or Embiid. I know people tend to think of Dirk and Timmy as forwards but they actually both spent more than half their career minutes at center.

Embiid is already better than David Robinson ever was. Robinson never won MVP and Embiid has twice as many scoring titles. Embiid has a higher PER and TS than Robinson. As good as he was on offense Embiid is in another league offensively.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#273 » by Capn'O » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Spoiler:

Quoting a guy who supports taking out a guy’s knee with the first play is a bad look for a mod, and does not reflect all Knicks fans just a select few who think this is WWE.

I don't think you see the gravity of the situation at hand. What we see above is the basketball equivalent of prime USSR giving tactical advice to the USA on how to nuke some other country. Cats sleeping with dogs. What happened was that egregious. The boundaries of ethics have been breached in lieu of total war.

You might get lucky. These Knicks haven't shown that sort of retaliatory nature. So far they've let their game speak. We'll see.
BAF Clippers

Zadeh
Ballboy
And1: 34

Post#274 » by Zadeh » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:56 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:
famicommander wrote:
web123888 wrote:May have been dirty plays by him but whole thread is filled with bashing a dude who dropped 50 in a must win game down 0-2 against an elite defense, all while having facial nerve palsy.

Mad respect where it’s due. Whether or not he ever wins a title or even reaches a conference finals, he’s one of the greatest centers ever.

Probably looks more likely to end up with the Robinson/Ewing/Mourning rather than the Kareem/Russell/Wilt/Shaq/Jokic/Hakeem category, but an ATG and easy HOFer nonetheless.

Embiid is already better than David Robinson ever was. Robinson never won MVP and Embiid has twice as many scoring titles. Embiid has a higher PER and TS than Robinson. As good as he was on offense Embiid is in another league offensively.

Robinson played against Hakeem, Ewing, Shaq, Mourning etc, every team's has a solid seven footer.

If Embiid played those days probably never play on road, and also half of home games.

And Robinson has mvp. Embiid is biggest cry baby since Laimbeer I think. One of the dirtiest, coward, selfish player of nba History
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#275 » by LordCovington33 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 am

Capn'O wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Spoiler:

I don't think you see the gravity of the situation at hand. What we see above is the basketball equivalent of prime USSR giving tactical advice to the USA on how to nuke some other country. Cats sleeping with dogs. What happened was that egregious. The boundaries of ethics have been breached in lieu of total war.

Enough internet for you today
Persi
Freshman
And1: 65

Post#276 » by Persi » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:28 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
Lol wow another grown man crying about this? Grow up, instead of worrying about what should happen to me for not honoring this internet bet (which you weren’t even included or involved in) you should probably worry about what should happen with the real problems in your life.

The problems in life is not a matter of discussion in these boards.
This forum is for basketball.
And you are a problem for this forum if you can't even man up to honour a simple bet.

Exactly my point if I thought this bet was going to be an integrity issue in my life it would be a different story but this is a basketball forum where none of that matters. So you should probably stop crying and get over it.
There are no "different integrities", buddy. Man only has his word and it is exactly the same word whether it's real life, internet forum or you giving a promise to yourself.

If you don't have integrity here you don't have it. Period. This, really, shouldn't be a big deal because world is full with people of no integrity.

What really is a BS level is how you are trying to weasel out of it. It's pathetic a grown ass man would act like this.
cgf
RealGM

Post#277 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Spoiler:

I think you may have missed the point of Cap's post...in case that wasn't intentional.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#278 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:43 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:
famicommander wrote:

You may want to double check that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#279 » by Capn'O » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:34 am

cgf wrote:I think you may have missed the point of Cap's post...

It'll hit em eventually.

I'm a little disappointed "prime USSR" didn't get any traction. You never know what'll land in comedy.
BAF Clippers

BruttoNostra
Senior
And1: 1,245

Post#280 » by BruttoNostra » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:24 am

It's funny how Embiid's stans cry about posters wishing Knicks to retaliate with a hard foul - a hypothetical thing not yet happened - while at the same time defending Embiid's bush league behaviour.
At any level, professional or amateur, in any country and any league, Embiid would eat s**t the next game. Actually, in 95% of the places his ass would be saved as he probably would be suspended for a few games.
Vita sine libertāte, nihil

Return to The General Board