Embiid 50 point playoff game!

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,377

Re: Embiid 50 point playoff game! 

Post#301 » by rapstarter » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:I guess I could have been clearer to help Dez out. There are multiple posters actively hoping for an injury to Embiid (which is classless) and also even more posters hoping dirty plays that may or may not injury Embiid happen (which are also classless). See above post if somehow this concept is still in doubt. Carry on.

Do you think it was classless how Embiid was out there playing?

I haven't defended Embiid's actions once. Whether Embiid was completely in the wrong (and deserves to be suspended) doesn't change my comments.

There are a bunch of people on here posting classless and tasteless posts and then defending them. Which is sad and worse when it is posters who should be setting examples.

But yeah, bring out the pitchforks and lets post and then and 1 each other posts hoping players get knocked out for the season, get 50 stitches, have both eyes not work etc. Utter trash posts.

If you've spent even an ounce of that energy criticizing the utter trash fouls Embiid's committed over the years, then this would resonate better. Also, people aren't hoping players continue to knock each other out until the end of time for no reason (like Embiid seems to want to). The frustration is that only one player is continuing to try to hurt others, and he's not being stopped. The real (unfortunate) hope is, if no one's stopping him, maybe a taste of his own medicine via utter trash plays might finally stop this dirty and dangerous player. Is this tasteless? Sure, but what can you do when nothing's being done to stop him, and his fans are constantly trying to change and silence the subject and focus on trivial matters?
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,626

Post#302 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
cgf wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
Yes, so championships have been won by pushing toughness beyond being chippy into the realm of being straight up dirty. The Knicks in NY were chippy, aggressive, I LOVE IT! Embiid made the adjustment... I love it too!

Yes dirty teams have won titles before. It's still scummy and I'm glad the Knicks haven't had to stoop to such levels to win. It's pretty pathetic when instead of trying to figure out a way to best your opponent, you focus instead on injuring them until you've dragged them down to your level.

That's how children responded to not being good enough...and exactly the kind of s*** that has been killing the NHL for years by driving new fans away.

Correct, those are dirty plays and taint the wins those teams achieved as a result of them in many people's eyes. I'm really not sure what your point is?

That dirty plays are a good thing and every team should just try to cripple each other's stars until we're left with a GL call-up winning finals MVP because none of the NBAers with talent were able to make it through three rounds of guys diving at their legs, undercutting them, and yanking them to the ground?

If you want to watch teams cripple each other's stars until everyone's equally mediocre the NFL & NHL exist...or do you need Thibs to send Jericho Sims out there for the tipoff tomorrow with a baseball bat?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#303 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 pm

rapstarter wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:Do you think it was classless how Embiid was out there playing?

I haven't defended Embiid's actions once. Whether Embiid was completely in the wrong (and deserves to be suspended) doesn't change my comments.

There are a bunch of people on here posting classless and tasteless posts and then defending them. Which is sad and worse when it is posters who should be setting examples.

But yeah, bring out the pitchforks and lets post and then and 1 each other posts hoping players get knocked out for the season, get 50 stitches, have both eyes not work etc. Utter trash posts.

If you've spent even an ounce of that energy criticizing the utter trash fouls Embiid's committed over the years, then this would resonate better. Also, people aren't hoping players continue to knock each other out until the end of time for no reason (like Embiid seems to want to). The frustration is that only one player is continuing to try to hurt others, and he's not being stopped. The real (unfortunate) hope is, if no one's stopping him, maybe a taste of his own medicine via utter trash plays might finally stop this dirty and dangerous player. Is this tasteless? Sure, but what can you do when nothing's being done to stop him, and his fans are constantly trying to change and silence the subject and focus on trivial matters?

It doesn't matter if you only want Embiid to get injured. That's still scummy and if the knicks did try to get back at Embiid it wouldn't end there. Escalation only ends when someone puts an end to things without escalating them...philly has proven that they can't even with Embiid, but we're good & tough enough to win this series without escalation.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,377

Post#304 » by rapstarter » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:48 pm

cgf wrote:
rapstarter wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

It doesn't matter if you only want Embiid to get injured. That's still scummy and if the knicks did try to get back at Embiid it wouldn't end there. Escalation only ends when someone puts an end to things without escalating them...philly has proven that they can't even with Embiid, but we're good & tough enough to win this series without escalation.

I think that's noble and ideal (and I hope the Knicks can get the fair result they deserve without being a victim of Embiid's antics), but losing without escalation certainly hasn't stopped Embiid from being a danger to other players. The real issue is the league could have at least tried to put a stop to it, but it's refusing to. Something will have to be done to correct this behavior.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,701

Post#305 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:56 pm

cgf wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
cgf wrote:
Yes dirty teams have won titles before. It's still scummy and I'm glad the Knicks haven't had to stoop to such levels to win. It's pretty pathetic when instead of trying to figure out a way to best your opponent, you focus instead on injuring them until you've dragged them down to your level.

That's how children responded to not being good enough...and exactly the kind of s*** that has been killing the NHL for years by driving new fans away.

Correct, those are dirty plays and taint the wins those teams achieved as a result of them in many people's eyes. I'm really not sure what your point is?

That dirty plays are a good thing and every team should just try to cripple each other's stars until we're left with a GL call-up winning finals MVP because none of the NBAers with talent were able to make it through three rounds of guys diving at their legs, undercutting them, and yanking them to the ground?

If you want to watch teams cripple each other's stars until everyone's equally mediocre the NFL & NHL exist...or do you need Thibs to send Jericho Sims out there for the tipoff tomorrow with a baseball bat?

Did you say NBA fight? That is the next step up from where Embiid took it.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
cgf
RealGM

Post#306 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:10 pm

rapstarter wrote:
cgf wrote:
rapstarter wrote:

I think that's noble and ideal (and I hope the Knicks can get the fair result they deserve without being a victim of Embiid's antics), but losing without escalation certainly hasn't stopped Embiid from being a danger to other players. The real issue is the league could have at least tried to put a stop to it, but it's refusing to. Something will have to be done to correct this behavior.

Yeah if the league enables a player to lash out like Joel did in game 3 just because he's a superstar, then he's going to keep doing it. There's no amount of self-policing that the players could do, the no layup rule didn't actually deter anything, it just meant that other teams loaded up for a scrap.

So Embiid will need to grow up or the league will need to step in, otherwise there's little reason to think his behavior will change.

cgf
RealGM

Post#307 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:12 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
cgf wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:

Did you say NBA fight? That is the next step up from where Embiid took it.

Gotcha so we're supposed to start a fist fight in the next game, and then Philly gets to bring the baseball bat to game 5? The more you tell me about it the more this exchange doesn't seem worth getting into for us.

cgf
RealGM

Post#308 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 pm

rapstarter wrote:
cgf wrote:
rapstarter wrote:

It's not just about wanting to be able to continue enjoying cheering for this team, or even the self-interest of not wanting other teams to Miami us as vengeance for some BS that we did in the past, that we did as vengeance for some BS that they had done in the past...

It's about this team's identity...and how important that identity is to their success. They play a tough brand of basketball, they play with emotion, they give everything they have & never quit, but they don't play recklessly out of control (often) and are at their best when playing with absolute focus.

That identity is a big part of their self-belief, which is so key to their ability to make things happen when other teams have already given up...without which we wouldn't be sitting here able to say that we should be up 3-0. And if we start wasting mental energy on revenge, we'd lose some of that focus and our identity.

Let teams like Miami & Philly think you need to be dirty to be tough. We'll just push teams around and impose our will on them.

Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,019

Post#309 » by Rockazoids » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:I guess I could have been clearer to help Dez out. There are multiple posters actively hoping for an injury to Embiid (which is classless) and also even more posters hoping dirty plays that may or may not injury Embiid happen (which are also classless). See above post if somehow this concept is still in doubt. Carry on.

Do you think it was classless how Embiid was out there playing?

You didn't answer the question, so let me rephrase it. Which is more classless?
Embiid actions out there on the court or posters actions on a message board about his actions?
The difference is like riding by someone house and yelling bad words at it or riding by and throwing a molotov cocktail at it.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,621

Post#310 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:33 pm

Rockazoids wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:Do you think it was classless how Embiid was out there playing?

Embiid actions out there on the court or posters actions on a message board about his actions?
The difference is like riding by someone house and yelling bad words at it or riding by and throwing a molotov cocktail at it.

Someone somewhere in the world who is not even here did something worse so I am allowed to act classless and tasteless isn’t exactly a great defense.
Rockazoids
Head Coach

Post#311 » by Rockazoids » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Someone somewhere in the world who is not even here did something worse so I am allowed to act like classless and tasteless isn’t exactly a great defense.

Not going to answer hun?
One is people on line talking and the other is a player out there trying to hurt people.
So if the Knicks players want out there and went after Embiid the way he went after them it would be ok?
Newton Third Law. One actions should be met with equal reaction. So what they are say is Newton Third Law.

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,621

Post#312 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 pm

Rockazoids wrote:Not going to answer hun?

I did answer. I think those posts are classless and trash. Calling me hun doesn't change that. Nor does what Embiid did.

If you want to hide behind someone else doing something worse as an excuse for your poor behavior, it reflects even worse on you imo.
Rockazoids
Head Coach

Post#313 » by Rockazoids » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:08 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:Not going to answer hun?

I did answer. I think those posts are classless and trash. Calling me hun doesn't change that. Nor does what Embiid did.

If you want to hide behind someone else doing something worse as an excuse for your poor behavior, it reflects even worse on you imo.

Sorry for calling you hun. :roll: They are just calling for Newton Third Law.

What is Newton's 3rd law?
Newton's third law states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The "action" and "reaction" refer to forces; if Object A exerts a force on Object B, then Object B exerts an equal amount of force on Object A in the opposite direction.
This is what they are calling for.

Return to The General Board