LeBron's body language is killing the Lakers

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,136

Re: LeBron's body language is killing the Lakers 

Post#141 » by AmIWrongDude » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:26 am

FrobeBryant wrote:
islanders11040 wrote:lebron screaming at his bench and letting Denver get a quick 2 reminded me of this thread

That was a wild sequence. Darvin Ham with his hands in his pockets as Lebron is screaming for him to challenge the oob call was the most exciting part of the game.

Ham hordes challenges like they don’t reset each game. Oh wait he used it when the game was already decided.

Reason number 86 why he’s a horrible coach
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,139

Post#142 » by Laimbeer » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:21 pm

So Wizards Mike would be winning this series?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,167

Post#143 » by druggas » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:19 pm

Laimbeer wrote:So Wizards Mike would be winning this series?

Probably not, but he wouldn't quit.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 784

Post#144 » by LaLover11 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:41 pm

druggas wrote:

He quit after a 3 peat lol

And again In 98 smh
druggas
Head Coach

Post#145 » by druggas » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:24 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
druggas wrote:

And again In 98 smh

He retired. Get your facts straight. And unlike LeBorn, he didn't quit on his team.
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect

Post#146 » by AmIWrongDude » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:55 am

madskillz8 wrote:
FrobeBryant wrote:
islanders11040 wrote:lebron screaming at his bench and letting Denver get a quick 2 reminded me of this thread

That was a wild sequence. Darvin Ham with his hands in his pockets as Lebron is screaming for him to challenge the oob call was the most exciting part of the game.

Here's the video:

Yeah, it was wild but what's wilder is how he frequently travels with the ball. It almost became his go-to move thus even the refs stopped caring about. Just look at 00:25 mark.

If you want that called a travel, there’s gonna be 50 turnovers per game by each team. Not 1 person in the arena thought it was a travel. Think maybe you’re trying a little too hard to find something to support your dislike for the guy.
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect

Post#147 » by AmIWrongDude » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 am

druggas wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
druggas wrote:Probably not, but he wouldn't quit.

And again In 98 smh

He retired. Get your facts straight. And unlike LeBorn, he didn't quit on his team.

Pretty sure leaving your team to play baseball is the epitome of quitting. That’s factual there’s really no debate.

If I work for one company and decide to “leave” my job for another one, what is that called?
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#148 » by LaLover11 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:57 am

AmIWrongDude wrote:
druggas wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

And again In 98 smh

Pretty sure leaving your team to play baseball is the epitome of quitting. That’s factual there’s really no debate.

If I work for one company and decide to “leave” my job for another one, what is that called?

Exactly it's quitting 100 %
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 713

Post#149 » by madskillz8 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:16 am

AmIWrongDude wrote:
madskillz8 wrote:
FrobeBryant wrote:

Here's the video:

Yeah, it was wild but what's wilder is how he frequently travels with the ball. It almost became his go-to move thus even the refs stopped caring about. Just look at 00:25 mark.

If you want that called a travel, there’s gonna be 50 turnovers per game by each team. Not 1 person in the arena thought it was a travel. Think maybe you’re trying a little too hard to find something to support your dislike for the guy.

Stop it. He's clearly changing his pivot foot. It is not happening 50 times per game because it is basketball 101, it is not like palming a ball a bit. Very fundamental mistake that you have to see elementary school games to catch one them.

This year, Sabonis is "rightfully" called travel for slightly moving for his pivot foot 24 times, sometimes twice in the same game. So you can't claim is NBA stopped caring about travels completely...

And I don't agree with showing fans reaction (or lack thereof) as an evidence of anything. The thing is, as of 2024, NBA fans lost the track of what is called travel and what is not. I will give you an example:

Let's go to back in time, alllll the way to ....... April 12, 2024 Memphis - Lakers game.

With the L2M report, NBA admitted that the refs missing two travel calls caused Memphis to lose the game, one of the most important games in western conference standings.

Now watch one of these travels, and tell us if such an obvious and fundamental violation of changing pivot foot is happening at every game once, let alone 50 times. Look, I am not talking about moving or sliding pivot foot which happens a lot and harder to notice during the action (for which Sabonis is often called), I am talking about "changing" pivot foot.

https://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0022301177&eventNum=2102 (1:47-1:40 mark)

Second question: How many people in the area thought it was a travel? I count 0. For such an obvious travel... Does that mean it is a legit play?

The thing is Lebron is obviously traveling and getting away with it more than anybody in the league. If I dislike him, that is why, npt the other way around.
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,390

Post#150 » by Gusto1903 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:25 am

madskillz8 wrote:
FrobeBryant wrote:

Here's the video:

He's been doing the travels since the 2000s. There were bare LeCrab, LeTravel memes everywhere.
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
druggas
Head Coach

Post#151 » by druggas » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:43 am

LaLover11 wrote:
AmIWrongDude wrote:
druggas wrote:He retired. Get your facts straight. And unlike LeBorn, he didn't quit on his team.

I left my company and retired. It's called "retirement".
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,666

Post#152 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:45 am

AmIWrongDude wrote:
druggas wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

And again In 98 smh

Is your last name Jordan or James?

Jordan = conquering new ventures
James = quitting like a loser

Sent from my SM-S9080 using RealGM mobile app
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#153 » by LaLover11 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:49 am

druggas wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
AmIWrongDude wrote:Pretty sure leaving your team to play baseball is the epitome of quitting. That’s factual there’s really no debate.

I left my company and retired. It's called "retirement".

Did you come back and work there again and then quit again and then came back to work again and ultimately quit again
art_tatum
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,166

Post#154 » by art_tatum » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:38 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
AmIWrongDude wrote:
druggas wrote:He retired. Get your facts straight. And unlike LeBorn, he didn't quit on his team.

Y'all taking it it too literal. Jordan quit basketball / took a break bc of his fathers murder or maybe gambling, or both.
but he didn't quit on his team / city to go to another one for a better chance at winning. That's the analogy one of you is trying to make.

Lebron quit his small company and joined a more successful rival that crushes you.
Jordan quit his corporate company to paint or work in a unrelated field.
That's the analogy.

Lebron quit on his teammates and team to jump to greener pastures multiple times. He has every right to, but there's a difference and people may judge you for it if you're being held up to be the goat of the league.

Imo lebrons career trajectory isn't what I would like to have as the goat that represents the nba. Jordan's isn't ideal either but his quitting is different. 2nd time was just retirement until his ego got to him with the wizard thing.
Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 580

Post#155 » by Gregoire » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:51 pm

At least in game 5 Bron gave great pass to potentialgame winner 4 sec left :roll: :D
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them.
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan
AEnigma wrote:
Jordan is not as smart a help defender as Kidd

Return to The General Board