Joel Embiid is a dirty player

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,708

Re: Joel Embiid is a dirty player 

Post#241 » by Ice Man » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:37 am

I don't recall any player being as coddled by the league as Embiid. When other players pull this stuff, they get suspended. Whereas Embiid to my knowledge has only been suspended by the league once, way back in 2019 after a tussle with KAT.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,111

Post#242 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:44 am

Embiid stepped all over Hart's leg today, and it was very clearly deliberate. He's filthy and has more flagrant fouls than Draymond if I'm not mistaken.
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 444

Post#243 » by Hatrick Ewing » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:57 am

Ice Man wrote:I don't recall any player being as coddled by the league as Embiid. When other players pull this stuff, they get suspended. Whereas Embiid to my knowledge has only been suspended by the league once, way back in 2019 after a tussle with KAT.

Maybe they'll stop soon when they realize that no one likes him.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,338

Post#244 » by djsunyc » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:01 am

if the sixers put joel on the block this summer, what kind of offer can they get?

i think they can still get the 5 picks but would they be able to get some young playable talent too?
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,111

Post#245 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:04 am

djsunyc wrote:if the sixers put joel on the block this summer, what kind of offer can they get?

i think they can still get the 5 picks but would they be able to get some young playable talent too?

Embiid is damaged goods. Yes, his contract has certain benchmarks that he must hit and that protect against knee injuries, but that being said, who wants to trade assets for him? I'm sorry, but giving up 5 FRPS for Embiid is worse than that Gobert trade. Rudy is one of the NBA's IRONMEN, who also has A MASSIVE IMPACT ON WINNING. Does Joel win? Is Joel a winner? Or a whiner?
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,338

Post#246 » by djsunyc » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:06 am

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
djsunyc wrote:if the sixers put joel on the block this summer, what kind of offer can they get?

Embiid is damaged goods. Yes, his contract has certain benchmarks that he must hit and that protect against knee injuries, but that being said, who wants to trade assets for him? I'm sorry, but giving up 5 FRPS for Embiid is worse than that Gobert trade. Rudy is one of the NBA's IRONMEN, who also has A MASSIVE IMPACT ON WINNING. Does Joel win? Is Joel a winner? Or a whiner?

booker for embiid.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,062

Post#247 » by Context » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:46 am

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,062

Post#248 » by Context » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:49 am

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,135

Post#249 » by axeman23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:48 am

lobosloboslobos wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:Chants in Wells Fargo after game 4

damn. that is what i would call provocative. surprised there wasn't a giant brawl.

Philly fans after game 3:

Philly fans after Game 4:

:lol:
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 444

Post#250 » by Hatrick Ewing » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:09 am

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

Whiner!
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,257

Post#251 » by Chandan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:38 am

Which team has multiple first and is a title contender? OKC?
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,359

Post#252 » by JDR720 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:54 am

Stepping on Hart was probably even worse than what he did to Robinson. He looked at Hart and then stepped on him after he knew he was there.
MVP1992
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#253 » by MVP1992 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:54 am

Hatrick Ewing wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

Whiner!

Are you guys suggesting Embiid has little impact on winning games?

What was the sixers record playing with him vs without him this season?
Mr. Biden shot back: “You’ve got more questions? Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.”
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,511

Post#254 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:45 am

Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cmon man, this is clearly him backpeddling and inadvertently stepped on him. This is really reaching.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#255 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:46 am

JDR720 wrote:Stepping on Hart was probably even worse than what he did to Robinson. He looked at Hart and then stepped on him after he knew he was there.

'
He looks at Hart while stepping on him, not before.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#256 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:48 am

axeman23 wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:

damn. that is what i would call provocative. surprised there wasn't a giant brawl.

Nope he's ours and he's great. The dude is playing with a messed up leg and face. Go ahead and try and play with Bell's Palsy, I'm sure you're dropping 50 night to night.

Problem was that Nurse played him the entire 2nd half. The problem is that the Sixers bench is so ass, that they are over -30 when he's off the floor and +30 when he's on. Again, don't let facts get in the way of a good story though.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#257 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:54 am

axeman23 wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:

Nope he's ours and he's great. The dude is playing with a messed up leg and face. Go ahead and try and play with Bell's Palsy, I'm sure you're dropping 50 night to night.

Problem was that Nurse played him the entire 2nd half, when he's clearly dealing with multiple significant ailments. The problem is that the Sixers bench is so ass, that they are over -30 when he's off the floor and +30 when he's on. Again, don't let facts get in the way of a good story though.
kveble
Ballboy
And1: 71

Post#258 » by kveble » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:24 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cmon man, this is clearly him backpeddling and inadvertently stepped on him. This is really reaching.

Come on man, stop trolling. You don't accidentally step on someone three times in a roll :roll:
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,390

Post#259 » by Gusto1903 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:34 am

Lol at Embiid once again suckin in the Playoffs.
But this is ridiculous beyond belief. Why is he griefing so hard. That stepping on Harts leg is horrible. The worst part is, that he does it multiple times, he knows exactly what hes doing. It looks really painful, especially with the size and weight of him.
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#260 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:01 am

Chandan wrote:

Which team has multiple first and is a title contender? OKC?

New York :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!

Return to The General Board