Joel Embiid is a dirty player

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,522

Re: Joel Embiid is a dirty player 

Post#281 » by Rendei » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:33 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Rendei wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Read on Twitter

Is is Kevin O'Connor wrong then?

That just makes his -4 in the 4th quarter this series all the more eye popping.
Right it's his fault not his -37 team lol. If you're run into the ground of course you'll suck at the end of the game.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Embiid needs to learn to pace himself like a marathon runner, then. All NBA superstars get pushed like that in the playoffs. The 4th quarter is the most important quarter, and this isn't his first rodeo. He needs to figure it out if he wants to ever win.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,515

Post#282 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:43 pm

Rendei wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Rendei wrote:That just makes his -4 in the 4th quarter this series all the more eye popping.
Right it's his fault not his -37 team lol. If you're run into the ground of course you'll suck at the end of the game.

Embiid needs to learn to pace himself like a marathon runner, then. All NBA superstars get pushed like that in the playoffs. The 4th quarter is the most important quarter, and this isn't his first rodeo. He needs to figure it out if he wants to ever win.

If he were healthy, which it would be a lot easier. If he was conditioned like hwas during his historic regular season run, this would be a different story.

All people ask for is a healthy Embiid. I know that falls on deaf ears after 10 years of this ish, but it continues to be the calculus with him.

It's rare for an entire offense and an entire defense to revolve around a 7 foot 280 big man. Especially one that is injury prone. The Sixers could have mitigated this if they built the team properly. They didn't so they rely on his health, which has been terrible in the post season. He is also the unluckiest player alive with oribital fractures, torn finger ligaments, meniscus tears with players falling on him and now facial paralysis of all things.
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,522

Post#283 » by Rendei » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:57 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Rendei wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Right it's his fault not his -37 team lol. If you're run into the ground of course you'll suck at the end of the game.

If he were healthy, which it would be a lot easier. If he was conditioned like hwas during his historic regular season run, this would be a different story.

All people ask for is a healthy Embiid. I know that falls on deaf ears after 10 years of this ish, but it continues to be the calculus with him.

It's rare for an entire offense and an entire defense to revolve around a 7 foot 280 big man. Especially one that is injury prone. The Sixers could have mitigated this if they built the team properly. They didn't so they rely on his health, which has been terrible in the post season. He is also the unluckiest player alive with oribital fractures, torn finger ligaments, meniscus tears with players falling on him and now facial paralysis of all things.

He's healthy enough to dominate the first 3 quarters of the game, but not healthy enough to play well in the 4th quarter? I call BS. Everybody's got something this time of year. It's up to him to know his own body and pace himself on the court.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 63,022

Post#284 » by Duffman100 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:01 pm

Decipher wrote:
socal74 wrote:
MVP1992 wrote:

Are you guys suggesting Embiid has little impact on winning games?

What was the sixers record playing with him vs without him this season?

Your team is not winning so what impact is he actually making? All these on off BS metric. He's been scrubalicious in the 4th quarter of all 4 games these playoffs. Where's the impact when it counts? He's playing in the 4th qtr right?

I can’t stand the way Embiid plays but he’s the best player in the series by some distance

That’s hardly surprising because he is

Unfortunately, he isn’t fit & is being run into the ground because the Sixers are horrendous with him sitting

Bash him for his antics but the guy can play

Yeah I'm not a fan of his dirty play, FT baiting and flopping but I'd never question his talent. Dude is elite.

At certain point though, you gotta get your team to the conference finals / finals. Just has to happen.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#285 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:02 pm

Rendei wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Rendei wrote:Embiid needs to learn to pace himself like a marathon runner, then. All NBA superstars get pushed like that in the playoffs. The 4th quarter is the most important quarter, and this isn't his first rodeo. He needs to figure it out if he wants to ever win.

He's healthy enough to dominate the first 3 quarters of the game, but not healthy enough to play well in the 4th quarter? I call BS. Everybody's got something this time of year. It's up to him to know his own body and pace himself on the court.

He literally doesn't have the conditioning. That's what it is. That's what conditioning is. The ability to play at an elite level for a prolonged period of time. He doesn't have it, simple as that. If he were healthy he woudl be far better. Prior to this season he was the most clutch player in the league (points per clutch minutes or something). Top 3 or something 2 years ago, and #1 3 years ago. He didn't do this year because he was injured, and when he did play the Sixers were so dominant he didn't need to play the 3rd quarter for a large number of games.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,959

Post#286 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:23 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Rendei wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

He literally doesn't have the conditioning. That's what it is. That's what conditioning is. The ability to play at an elite level for a prolonged period of time. He doesn't have it, simple as that. If he were healthy he woudl be far better.

I dont think he ever has has he?

Embiid 4th quarter scoring ranking, +/-, fg%, 3pt%

2024 - 24th, +/- 0, 41%/20%
2023 - 11th, +/- 2.2, 50.5%/20%
2022 - 12th, +/- 1.4, 47.5%/33.3%
2021- 8th, +/- 0.8, 51%/37.5%

He has never been a superb 4th quarter player.
_NoMas
Pro Prospect
And1: 947

Post#287 » by _NoMas » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:24 pm

Embiid remains undefeated when healthy (apparently)
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#288 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:26 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Rendei wrote:He's healthy enough to dominate the first 3 quarters of the game, but not healthy enough to play well in the 4th quarter? I call BS. Everybody's got something this time of year. It's up to him to know his own body and pace himself on the court.

He literally doesn't have the conditioning. That's what it is. That's what conditioning is. The ability to play at an elite level for a prolonged period of time. He doesn't have it, simple as that. If he were healthy he woudl be far better.

Regular or post season numbers?
Demagoog
Senior
And1: 2,052

Post#289 » by Demagoog » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:32 pm

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:Embiid stepped all over Hart's leg today, and it was very clearly deliberate. He's filthy and has more flagrant fouls than Draymond if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, 100%. When something happens once, it's an incident. If something happens twice, it's suspicious. If something happens just about every game, it becomes intentional. I said it last night in the game thread too, this has happened so often now that Embiid has lost all benefit of the doubt. Legs, shins, even faces, there is no limit as to how far he wishes to go.
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#290 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:34 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Reg. I can look up post later though
srhcan
Veteran
And1: 1,710

Post#291 » by srhcan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:36 pm

Rendei wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Rendei wrote:That just makes his -4 in the 4th quarter this series all the more eye popping.

This is a great idea of pacing. I think Kyrie also does it; thats why his 4th quarter numbers are almost always great.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,071

Post#292 » by Exp0sed » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:23 pm

MVP1992 wrote:
Hatrick Ewing wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

Embiid is damaged goods. Yes, his contract has certain benchmarks that he must hit and that protect against knee injuries, but that being said, who wants to trade assets for him? I'm sorry, but giving up 5 FRPS for Embiid is worse than that Gobert trade. Rudy is one of the NBA's IRONMEN, who also has A MASSIVE IMPACT ON WINNING. Does Joel win? Is Joel a winner? Or a whiner?

Whiner!

Are you guys suggesting Embiid has little impact on winning games?

What was the sixers record playing with him vs without him this season?

we are suggesting he can be shut down in the playoffs, cuz that's what happenes year in and year out. proof is in the pudding.

this 76ers roster is awesome and this dirty bum can't even carry them past a shorthanded Knicks team with a max player sitting on the bench and his best defender in a walking boot because he injured him maliciously.

dude really gave up that open jumper after being automatic all season long and then had a clear lane for a dunk, who can stop him from dunking there, Precious who gives up alot of size and weight to Embiid?
instead he ends up getting partially blocked by Achiuwa, I mean can u imagine any ATG big not converting on that play, in that moment?

low i.q, bad decision maker and that's what ya get

Butler + Simmons + Harris wasn't enough. Harden + Maxey + Harris wasn't enough to get out of the first rd..meanwhile Harden alongside PG13 are smacking an elite Mavs team and Butler with a little help is a finalist.

we still rememeber that Embiid didn't play game 1 last season and Harden had 41 and won them the game and we see what he's doing now. how come he couldn't do that next to Embiitch? the truth is, Joel's low i.q is a huge obstacle in the playoffs. did u see him last night throwing the ball away like 3 or 4 times trying to pass like Jokic? even the bounce pass that did somehow made it thru to Maxey was lol bad and was a hair away from another turnover

so yeah, where is this big impact on winning in the playoffs?
dude is 30 and has never been out of the 2nd round..

vs the Hawks a couple of years ago he had back to back games with 8+ To's, he's the only player in history to have 8+ To's in b2b playoff games

last season he had the largerst drop off in scoring from rs to playoffs for an MVP, ever

can u imagine Jokic with Maxey, Harris, Oubre and Lowry losing at home to the Knicks without Randle, Mitch or Bogdanovic? lol, they would smoke these Knicks..

but Joel runs away from the ball in the crunch (did the same last season and people blamed Doc for not force feeding him), turns out it's Embiitch who shies from the big lights. he's hogging the ball all year long, breaking usage records jacking up 33 FGA vs. the Hornets and Pistons and in the crunch in the playoffs, his team is lost cuz suddenly he's running away from the ball

Jokic would have taken the ball in his own half and made sure they were getting good looks as a team. Embiitch would rather have Oubre taking all the shots, cuz he's scared of failure and criticism

a dirty player and a mental midget, giving him that fraudulent MVP will stay a stain on those dumb voters and on the league
ChuckyFE
Junior
And1: 414

Post#293 » by ChuckyFE » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:42 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cmon man, this is clearly him backpeddling and inadvertently stepped on him. This is really reaching.

Yeah, right... Take a look at this angle and tell me if you still feel the same. He already steps on Hart once which perhaps was incidental, but the second time looks very deliberate.

Start watching the angle from from 0:22 into the video...

DUHON to others as they DUHON to you.
kveble
Ballboy
And1: 71

Post#294 » by kveble » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:55 pm

ChuckyFE wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cmon man, this is clearly him backpeddling and inadvertently stepped on him. This is really reaching.

Yeah, right... Take a look at this angle and tell me if you still feel the same. He already steps on Hart once which perhaps was incidental, but the second time looks very deliberate.

Start watching the angle from from 0:22 into the video...

He actually does it three times. First on the heel, then he spins a little to get the ankle and then the shin.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,222

Post#295 » by dolphinatik » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:10 pm

Joel was up to his antics yesterday. Dirty. But NY held composure. Landing on Brunson then grabbing his knee to deflect attention, cmon. Cringe. He's about to get sent home.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#296 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:15 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Post Season
2024 - 15th, -1.3, 16.7%/12.5%
2023 - 33rd, 1.3, 46.7%/33.3%
2022 - 56th, -0.5, 48%/14%
2021 - 7, -1.9, 41%/11%
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,067

Post#297 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:16 pm

So do they make clown suits at 7'2" 300lbs?
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 10,292

Post#298 » by ___Rand___ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:46 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

If you believe that, then you believe your daddy backpaddled into your ma!

But I forgive you. yes you are a truly delusional loyal die-hard Philly fan.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,569

Post#299 » by HardenGoat » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:07 pm

The shoulder check on Brunson is legit dirty, the Hart leg is very suspect too although it didn't look like he put his weight into it. Is Hart actually hurt by this at all?
socal74
Rookie
And1: 1,255

Post#300 » by socal74 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:49 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

If you believe that, then you believe your daddy backpaddled into your ma!

But I forgive you. yes you are a truly delusional loyal die-hard Philly fan.

The other angle really shows how he saw JHart and deliberately still put his foot on his shin

Return to The General Board