Joel Embiid is a dirty player

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,439

Re: Joel Embiid is a dirty player 

Post#121 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 pm

eyeatoma wrote:Good lord call the waaahmbulance. You guys are grown men whining about a bush league play.

Literally all of you would be ecstatic if he were on your team.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

You clearly have zero clue what that type of play can do to Mitchell's career. If someone did that to Embiid I wonder what the reactions would be from the league.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,454

Post#122 » by eyeatoma » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:31 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Good lord call the waaahmbulance. You guys are grown men whining about a bush league play.

You clearly have zero clue what that type of play can do to Mitchell's career. If someone did that to Embiid I wonder what the reactions would be from the league.

Ah, but nothing actually happened in that play. So quit whining about it. Robinson was hurt on another play, which was inadvertent. What Embiid did was dirty. At no point did I say it was okay.

Stop with the moral grandstanding. You guys need to make 10 threads about it, moaning about the same thing. This place is an echo chamber, Reddit level ****.
QingJames
Sixth Man
And1: 2,253

Post#123 » by QingJames » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:44 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:

Ah, but nothing actually happened in that play. So quit whining about it. Robinson was hurt on another play, which was inadvertent. What Embiid did was dirty. At no point did I say it was okay.

Stop with the moral grandstanding. You guys need to make 10 threads about it, moaning about the same thing. This place is an echo chamber, Reddit level ****.

When Joe L intentionally flops and brings 300lb onto someone’s leg/knee/ankle, it’s anything but inadvertent.
eyeatoma wrote:You guys still dont' get it. Playoff accomplishment don't matter when you're up for your 1st MVP. When you're up for your 3rd in a row, damn straight it matters, as the only ones who done it are top 15 players of all time who have won rings.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,534

Post#124 » by Cubbies2120 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 pm

Went to the Philly board to see if there were any empathetic posts about the unfortunate Mitchell Robinson situation, but was instead (un)surprised to see the following comments:

76ciology wrote:Mitchell Robinson walked out of Wells Fargo Center tonight wearing a boot on his left foot. WWE level acting

Phila Tough wrote:I personally think Embiid should be more dirty. The guy can be a model citizen and people will still find something to dislike about him. I like this balls to the wall Embiid. Give them something to really complain about

Arsenal wrote:Exactly. The Knicks are a dirty team and the bully just got punched in the mouth. Now they’re crying like bullies that got whipped always do.

FireMorey wrote:Watched that flagrant foul play this morning for the first time expecting to see something bad and he barely grazed his leg. My god, what a bunch of drama queens.

Didn't pull, yank, grab, or do anything at all to his legs. Very lightly put an arm around his leg as if trying to brace him from falling on top of him and landing on his surgically repaired knee.

M2J wrote:Joel didn't deserve to be ejected or a flagrant 1. I think he tried to commit a foul as he just got fouled to get onto the ground.

I do believe he deserved a technical, but flagrant 1 is similar.

These refs are allowing the Knicks to play overly physical, and frustration will come with that. Because, if Philly actually had a real enforcer, and not that nice guy Paul Reed... Somebody should elbow Josh Hart in his rib cage. He's jumping on people's heads every play, never been called

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:There's a lot going on that we don't see and hear with the players during the game. Knicks players have done their fair share of grabbing, holding, and elbowing, and overall dirty ****. I'm sure Embiid is tired of guys falling on his knee and trying to hurt him. It was blatantly obvious last year when Claxton was trying to do it to him. Then Kuminga does it to him, and while that was inadvertent, enough is enough. Embiid has to protect himself. Emotions are high in the playoffs and this series has been a war. Embiid needs to tone down the risk plays, but this is the playoffs and those Vah-jay-jay haters over on the GB can all cry in the car with each other for all I care. I'm staying away from that toxic wasteland.

Speechless.
QingJames
Sixth Man
And1: 2,253

Post#125 » by QingJames » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:Speechless.

What can you expect from a fanbase that throws snowballs at Santa and batteries at players?
eyeatoma wrote:You guys still dont' get it. Playoff accomplishment don't matter when you're up for your 1st MVP. When you're up for your 3rd in a row, damn straight it matters, as the only ones who done it are top 15 players of all time who have won rings.
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,393

Post#126 » by Ckay » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 pm

QingJames wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:Speechless.

What can you expect from a fanbase that throws snowballs at Santa and batteries at players?

Or destroy their city. Win or lose.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,486

Post#127 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:Went to the Philly board to see if there were any empathetic posts about the unfortunate Mitchell Robinson situation, but was instead (un)surprised to see the following comments:

76ciology wrote:Mitchell Robinson walked out of Wells Fargo Center tonight wearing a boot on his left foot. WWE level acting

Phila Tough wrote:I personally think Embiid should be more dirty. The guy can be a model citizen and people will still find something to dislike about him. I like this balls to the wall Embiid. Give them something to really complain about

Arsenal wrote:Exactly. The Knicks are a dirty team and the bully just got punched in the mouth. Now they’re crying like bullies that got whipped always do.

FireMorey wrote:Watched that flagrant foul play this morning for the first time expecting to see something bad and he barely grazed his leg. My god, what a bunch of drama queens.

Didn't pull, yank, grab, or do anything at all to his legs. Very lightly put an arm around his leg as if trying to brace him from falling on top of him and landing on his surgically repaired knee.

M2J wrote:Joel didn't deserve to be ejected or a flagrant 1. I think he tried to commit a foul as he just got fouled to get onto the ground.

These refs are allowing the Knicks to play overly physical, and frustration will come with that. Because, if Philly actually had a real enforcer, and not that nice guy Paul Reed... Somebody should elbow Josh Hart in his rib cage. He's jumping on people's heads every play, never been called

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:There's a lot going on that we don't see and hear with the players during the game. Knicks players have done their fair share of grabbing, holding, and elbowing, and overall dirty ****. I'm sure Embiid is tired of guys falling on his knee and trying to hurt him. It was blatantly obvious last year when Claxton was trying to do it to him. Then Kuminga does it to him, and while that was inadvertent, enough is enough. Embiid has to protect himself. Emotions are high in the playoffs and this series has been a war. Embiid needs to tone down the risk plays, but this is the playoffs and those Vah-jay-jay haters over on the GB can all cry in the car with each other for all I care. I'm staying away from that toxic wasteland.

Speechless.

A fanbase that reflects their star, perfectly.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,638

Post#128 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 pm

Nuntius wrote:There really isn't a way to excuse what he did to Robinson. Bear-hugging a player's legs when they're mid-air? That's extremely dangerous and 100% intentional.

Embiid had intend to harm when he did that. And he succeeded in injuring Robinson. He didn't face any consequences for his actions either. It's unbelievable, really.

In most contexts it would be unbelievable, but this is last season's MVP, playing at home (with Philly fans in about half of the seats), and if he had been tossed...like he should've been...then his team's season was over. I'm not suprised that the refs in that situation did everything they could to keep him on the court.

Even if it's the right call, you'd have idiots complaining about the refs deciding the series by enforcing the rules when Embiid broke them...or worse...and the league can't be too mad about getting that 2nd half performance out of Embiid while ensuring one more game before his season ends.

So the refs knew they wouldn't get too much s*** from above for making the wrong call, but they might get s*** from all sides if they made the right call. At the cost of making the Knicks play an extra game before round two, that's a disappointingly easy decision for some...

That's why, even though not tossing a player who did all that is shocking, I can't say I was actually shocked in the moment :dontknow:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,638

Post#129 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:29 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:Went to the Philly board to see if there were any empathetic posts about the unfortunate Mitchell Robinson situation, but was instead (un)surprised to see the following comments:

Speechless.

Eh, you caught them on a good day :dontknow:

Philly is one of the few cities with an overtly sarcastic nickname.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,592

Post#130 » by Context » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:18 pm

Speechless.

They are savages. I remember this moment- Irving left on a stretcher!!!:

LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,379

Post#131 » by Scalabrine » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:31 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:

DUDE,

you were running through every thread on here saying the league is rigged and that the outcomes of the game were already pre-determined after Game 2. You wouldn't stop crying about it.

You seem like a very unhappy, bitter person that doesn't even like the NBA. Just go do something else with your life that you might enjoy more.
Go Knicks!
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,727

Post#132 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:07 pm

I also posted this aside from the WWE acting post

76ciology wrote:Regarding the Joel Embiid-Mitchell Robinson incident:

I'm not a fan of what Embiid did; it was surely a dirty play. It's not because Embiid is a bad person who wants to hurt someone, but rather because he's emotional, immature, and undergoing a lot of stress. However, he has to do better. Many people think it could have been a flagrant 2, and if it were, we'd likely be down 3-0.

Nevertheless, I don't think what Embiid did was the reason for Mitchell Robinson missing the game. He grabbed the right leg, while Mitchell seems to have hurt his left ankle. Mitchell was also able to stand on his own and play through the first half.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#133 » by Hussien Fatal » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:24 pm

CD_41 wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
Gus Fring wrote:Last night was embarrassing for him.

50 point playoff game on a record low 19 shots. I’m sure he was embarrassed by his performance.

You should had a record-low ZERO posts if you were man enough to fulfill a bet. But instead, we all are embarrassed by your responses to losing a bet (check out my signature, LOL).

Lol I could care less but I’m glad it’s eating you up inside. Keep crying like a baby though.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,758

Post#134 » by Nuntius » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 pm

76ciology wrote:I also posted this aside from the WWE acting post

I'm not a fan of what Embiid did; it was surely a dirty play. It's not because Embiid is a bad person who wants to hurt someone, but rather because he's emotional, immature, and undergoing a lot of stress. However, he has to do better. Many people think it could have been a flagrant 2, and if it were, we'd likely be down 3-0.

Nevertheless, I don't think what Embiid did was the reason for Mitchell Robinson missing the game. He grabbed the right leg, while Mitchell seems to have hurt his left ankle. Mitchell was also able to stand on his own and play through the first half.

This is a more fair post indeed. I don't think that Embiid is a bad person either (I do not know him or any other player after all so I cannot judge them anyway) but I do believe that he had the intent to injury Robinson in that play. I do agree that the reason behind it was probably a combination of immaturity and stress rather than just being an **** but still, the intent was there, imo.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,534

Post#135 » by Cubbies2120 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:50 pm

Nuntius wrote:
76ciology wrote:I also posted this aside from the WWE acting post

This is a more fair post indeed. I don't think that Embiid is a bad person either (I do not know him or any other player after all so I cannot judge them anyway) but I do believe that he had the intent to injury Robinson in that play. I do agree that the reason behind it was probably a combination of immaturity and stress rather than just being an **** but still, the intent was there, imo.

This is a 30 year old man we’re classifying as immature. If he can’t manage his stress at this age he likely never will. And yes, the play was ridiculously dirty and he deserves a suspension but also karma to come back his way.
CD_41
Junior
And1: 367

Post#136 » by CD_41 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
CD_41 wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
50 point playoff game on a record low 19 shots. I’m sure he was embarrassed by his performance.

You should had a record-low ZERO posts if you were man enough to fulfill a bet. But instead, we all are embarrassed by your responses to losing a bet (check out my signature, LOL).

Lol I could care less but I’m glad it’s eating you up inside. Keep crying like a baby though.

Zero class. Zero class, lil man.
"No sense in honoring an internet bet. This isn’t the real world get over stop crying like a baby."
"My first name is Hussien. Would you expect Saddam to honor a bet he made with Kuwait or the US?"

Hussein Fatal after losing a bet.
RandlesCornrows
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,616

Post#137 » by RandlesCornrows » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:11 pm

I’m my life time watching sports — I ain’t never, ever seen a professional player in all sports be as emotional AND dirty. AND he a superstar, all time great talent.

Ask yourself this a player of his caliber should NOT be limited to the semi finals. He’s a loser mentality player, and losers will find ways to lose.

Embiid has ZERO clue how to win, or how to lose properly. When things don’t go his way he cry’s, throws tantrums like he’s a 6 year old girl each and every time, have SOME shame. I’d be in his face, bumping him, chirping him till his face turns blue. He doesn’t know how to keep his composure under the slight amount of pressure. Again, he’s 30 and never been in a conference finals, and if you’re a Sixer fan and wonder why — my god you lack awareness.

He’s reckless, dangerous, has zero awareness of right from wrong. Super **** talented. But my good, I’d hate for him to be the franchise player of the team I support. Tyrese Maxey is that kind of player.

I ain’t EVER wished injury on anyone. But my god, when his ACL rolls up I won’t feel bad. The karma he’s enables is deserved, I don’t care if this gives neutral fans on this site bad taste — when you injure players, as soft, a loser Joel Embiid is? Nah, I can’t feel sorry for that.

He better hope the Knicks keep their composure because what he’s about to enable is deserved if someone takes a knee out.

May I add, it only makes sense why he’s on Team USA — he’s a front runner.

What a soft, emotional, dangerous, dirty loser.

I hope to god the Knicks win this series because Embiid will have a lot of coping to do, that’s if he’s self-aware enough but I don’t think he can.

Knicks better win this series.
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,350

Post#138 » by canada_dry » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:13 pm

Scottie barnes still has issues with his ankles being not stromg structurally from embiid throwing himself into it 2 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,454

Post#139 » by eyeatoma » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:

DUDE,

you were running through every thread on here saying the league is rigged and that the outcomes of the game were already pre-determined after Game 2. You wouldn't stop crying about it.

You seem like a very unhappy, bitter person that doesn't even like the NBA. Just go do something else with your life that you might enjoy more.

LOL, that **** was indisputable. The Knicks were 100% not supposed to win that game. In 99.999% of all other instances the Sixers would have won.

The two are not the same. Embiid didn't try to hurt someone, that is actually up for debate. As I said he was being dirty. That IMO is not debatable.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,180

Post#140 » by Chandan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:13 pm

cgf wrote:
In most contexts it would be unbelievable, but this is last season's MVP, playing at home (with Philly fans in about half of the seats), and if he had been tossed...like he should've been...then his team's season was over. I'm not suprised that the refs in that situation did everything they could to keep him on the court.

a fraudulent outcome to begin with. Everyone except Philly fans know Jokic deserved it more.

Return to The General Board