So Westbrook tonight….

PedroFlu
Pro Prospect
And1: 650

Re: So Westbrook tonight…. 

Post#41 » by PedroFlu » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:59 pm

What iirks me is his stupidity. Guy is stupid as a door, and still, as aggressive as a wild animal.

He was important though. He's the guy responsible for showing stats can be void of meaning and need nuance. Ruined tripledoubles forever in the process. No one will ever care again if a stupid player like him can do it.

Lakers Brick is the most destructive player Ive ever seen. Dont care enough to watch him for the Clippers. But Im definitely rooting against him. Prick is multimillionaire though..
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,096

Post#42 » by UcanUwill » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:23 pm

We used to have more high motor guys, Westbrook was that this season and hes been valuable. I am one of the bigger haters of this guy, or at least I thought I was, but he was a good bench player this season when healthy. This thread went a little hyperbolic on Westbrook being complete bum.

My big gripe was always low bb iq and the fact he is high floor rsiser but not high ceiling raiser, was convinced you cant win it all with prime brook, I thought it changed this year when he final transitioned to bench player. Maybe not, as hes crashing and burning, but lets not pretend Westbrook wasn't good this year, it was probably first season in a while where he really was very net positive, but he was that.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 289

Post#43 » by WentzerWuver » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:DLo or Westbrook? Who you got?

Westbrook all day
Only a noob would think that. Smart IQ win games and Dlo has more in his pinky than you know who. Being streaky is not a crime, players goes hot and cold all the time. Expect Dlo to play like game 2 in the next game and you be screaming Dlo all day like most Lakers fans.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,323

Post#44 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 pm

Letsgokings wrote:That wasn't a flagrant foul when I was a kid. Soft pussy a$$ nba

Thank God I now know how tough you are. I spend a lot of time wondering is Letsgokings tough or not. Now I know, tough, so tough. A total badass. And I guess a bit of a goon when you played. :lol:
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jourdy
Starter
And1: 960

Post#45 » by jourdy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 pm

Kendrick Perkins saying "Westbrook isn't smart enough to defend Luka" doesn't sound so wild now
LaLover11
Rookie
And1: 693

Post#46 » by LaLover11 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:39 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:DLo or Westbrook? Who you got?

Westbrook all day
Only a noob would think that. Smart IQ win games and Dlo has more in his pinky than you know who. Being streaky is not a crime, players goes hot and cold all the time. Expect Dlo to play like game 2 in the next game and you be screaming Dlo all day like most Lakers fans.

D Lo is getting benched today vs Nuggets lol what are you talking about? Westbrook will also give you perimeter defense on Murray unlike zero defense D Lo lmao
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,096

Post#47 » by UcanUwill » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:45 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Westbrook all day

D Lo is getting benched today vs Nuggets lol what are you talking about? Westbrook will also give you perimeter defense on Murray unlike zero defense D Lo lmao

When these guys hit their lows, it is really low, isnt it? DLo is far from a basketball genius either, it looked that way coming out of the draft, but didn't really translate too well. I also often cant stand players who cant draw any fouls, and even by todays standards, DLo is just non existent there. So if hes off from the field, what is he good for, definitely not defense.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#48 » by WentzerWuver » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:13 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Only a noob would think that. Smart IQ win games and Dlo has more in his pinky than you know who. Being streaky is not a crime, players goes hot and cold all the time. Expect Dlo to play like game 2 in the next game and you be screaming Dlo all day like most Lakers fans.

When these guys hit their lows, it is really low, isnt it? DLo is far from a basketball genius either, it looked that way coming out of the draft, but didn't really translate too well. I also often cant stand players who cant draw any fouls, and even by todays standards, DLo is just non existent there. So if hes off from the field, what is he good for, definitely not defense.
His horrible defense is his biggest weakness and why he should be coming off the bench to improve the Lakers matchup against this team starting unit. Raise this before the series even started think but Lakers coaches doesn't have the stomach to make smart lineup over hurt feelings.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#49 » by WentzerWuver » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Westbrook all day

Great news and its about time! Gabe or Dinwiddie will do a better job on the defensive side.

You should know by now that IQ has nothing to do with defense as some players cannot play defense, even elite all stars from the past. AR can't defend either. Only difference is that Dlo is smart enough to not waste his efforts on a task he cannot do while AR continues in his feeble attempt. Both Jamal and KCP would grin when either Dlo or AR tries to guard them and score with ease when Joker is resting on the bench.
kacey ring
Bench Warmer
And1: 829

Post#50 » by kacey ring » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 pm

ryguy613 wrote:anyone think he should/will be suspended for game 4? I feel like theres a pretty strong argument to do so.

I hope not. He’s been great for the Mavs.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,047

Post#51 » by whatisacenter » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:06 pm

What is worse for the Westbrook name…people calling him Westbrick or Russ’ on-court behavior?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,913

Post#52 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 pm

Handlez wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Handlez wrote:
Difference between playing with heart and playing recklessly.

Shameful.

Again, that's how Westbrook has played throughout his whole career. It's made him who he is (the good and the bad).

I don't recall him being reckless defensively to the point of risking injuries to players.

Seems like a new thing after falling off offensively.

Of course... he gives it more on the defensive end now because he's a role player and isn't required to do much offensively anymore.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,606

Post#53 » by jpengland » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:36 pm

Swish1906 wrote:When every roleplayer in the league knows what a washed up bum you are :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=pCqBgXy4Nl96v_JY2ffa6w

"Didn't you used to be somebody?"
advent11
Junior
And1: 342

Post#54 » by advent11 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 pm

Say what you will about Westbrook but he's doing a good defensive job on Luka. He was also the only Clipper that showed any heart after Washington punked them earlier.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,058

Post#55 » by HotRocks34 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:46 pm

Westbrook played some great defense in this game, particularly on Luka. The Mavs radio guys were giving him props.

It's clear IMO that he wanted to rough up Luka a bit and play enforcer. He and Mann.

The problem for him is that the soft old Mavs are gone. Now guys like Washington will give it back, with interest.

Russ tried to punk the Mavs but punked himself instead.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#56 » by WentzerWuver » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:01 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Westbrook all day

I gave you props when you mentioned that per your source and now found out you lied or did Ham change his mind?!? Hope you're right, and Ham is just messing with the media.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40032301/lakers-ham-not-changing-lineup-nuggets-eye-sweep-game-4
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,106

Post#57 » by Mamba Mentality » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 pm

Swish1906 wrote:When every roleplayer in the league knows what a washed up bum you are :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=pCqBgXy4Nl96v_JY2ffa6w

Highlight reel worthy troll job from PJ. My favorite part was him laughing in Russ’ face, I could really relate with him in that moment.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,498

Post#58 » by JRoy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 pm

Surprised he didn’t miss.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,178

Post#59 » by vulture » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:24 pm

PedroFlu wrote:What iirks me is his stupidity. Guy is stupid as a door, and still, as aggressive as a wild animal.

He was important though. He's the guy responsible for showing stats can be void of meaning and need nuance. Ruined tripledoubles forever in the process. No one will ever care again if a stupid player like him can do it.

Lakers Brick is the most destructive player Ive ever seen. Dont care enough to watch him for the Clippers. But Im definitely rooting against him. Prick is multimillionaire though..

We call black players animals now but you would never say about a white player.
Nice one.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,406

Post#60 » by og15 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:29 pm

Ritzo wrote:They were dancing in game 1, should'a kept the same energy when they're losing.

Lots to say to criticize Westbrook, but a player or team keeping the same energy of dancing when they are losing vs when they are winning would not be a good thing LOL.

Return to The General Board