Durant should've stayed with Curry

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

syrus3
Pro Prospect
And1: 929

Re: Durant should've stayed with Curry 

Post#21 » by syrus3 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:45 pm

He didn’t kill the the NBA. Only Lebron is allowed to play with stars while Steph must stay chained to Klay Thompson. Right?
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,003

Post#22 » by life_saver » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:49 pm

He still has mostly played with stacked teams post-GSW too
LeBronSpaghetti
Junior
And1: 711

Post#23 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 pm

Draymond forced him out. Draymond cost the Warriors multiple championships due to suspensions/general clown like behaviour plus forcing KD out of town. Warriors could’ve had 6-7 chips if Dray wasn’t a dumbass.
CpttCanada
Junior
And1: 331

Post#24 » by CpttCanada » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 pm

Johnny Fontane wrote:Dude killed the nba for a few years. Goodness was that painful

Thank you for telling the truth, it was a horrendous period. Thank God The Toronto Raptors returned balance to the force.
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man
And1: 740

Post#25 » by Jerry Maine » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
Onus wrote:
JN61 wrote:Durant isn't going to save Curry from the late career disaster

Curry did save Durant’s career.

Durant saved Curry from losing to Kyrie and LeBron
2016 Cavs Win without Durant
2017 Cavs Win without Durant
2018 Cavs Win without Durant

Maybe warriors get a superstar trade in 2019 to try beating the Dynasty Kyrie/LeBron Cavs

Curry would've only had 1 ring without Durant
The recent warriors championship only happened because of trades that came from Durant lol

Curry and Warriors would've been Butler Heat reaching the finals and losing Everytime to the better team in the Finals

Gee, lucky we managed our cap well by signing Curry before he got healthy and exploded, and planned for the inevitable cap spike
:naaa: :rockon: :naaa:
"What're they gonna say now, boy?" - Wardell Stephen Curry, 16th June 2022
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,626

Post#26 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 pm

Onus wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Onus wrote:Curry did save Durant’s career.

Maybe warriors get a superstar trade in 2019 to try beating the Dynasty Kyrie/LeBron Cavs

The recent warriors championship only happened because of trades that came from Durant lol

Curry and Warriors would've been Butler Heat reaching the finals and losing Everytime to the better team in the Finals

In 2016 when both teams were healthy the warriors were up 3-1. Then the nba decided to extend the series by suspending Draymond and Bogut and iguodala both got hurt in that game. But sure you can think whatever you want.

The nba won 2016 for Lebron

It's not the refs fault that the NBA has rules against going around kicking your opponents in the dick. I'm generally a Draymond fan, but it was Draymond's fault he got suspended. Don't wanna get suspended don't do s*** that's suspendible.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,111

Post#27 » by HMFFL » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:16 pm

Kevin Durant on Golden State was meant to be but he broke it. I believe KD will forever regret not staying in Golden State. Golden State needed KD hustbss much as he needed them.

I've said it over and over, but imagine being a young man entering the league, you purchase a house in Seattle, then told you're having to move to OKC (what?), and once you're a free agent, you get bashed for taking advantage of it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
cgf
RealGM

Post#28 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:19 pm

Jerry Maine wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Onus wrote:Curry did save Durant’s career.

Gee, lucky we managed our cap well by signing Curry before he got healthy and exploded, and planned for the inevitable cap spike
:naaa: :rockon: :naaa:

I mean that isn't exactly something you can plan for happening without a great deal of luck...and I say this as an Avs fan whose team similarly benefitted from locking its most expensive player (MacKinnon) in before he fully exploded and led us to win one of the most dominant titles in the sport's history.

So I have no jealousy...the knicks sucked too much for me to do anything but enjoy the dynasty warriors...or outrage, but we both got lucky that we were able to win a ring with MacK & Steph both so cheap.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Jerry Maine
Sixth Man
And1: 740

Post#29 » by Jerry Maine » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:25 pm

Luck definitely part of it, had Steph not had ankle issues he would have demanded more, but Dubs mgmt kept the faith, took the risk and paid him what his market value was at the time. They could have traded him for Bogut instead of Monta
"What're they gonna say now, boy?" - Wardell Stephen Curry, 16th June 2022
cgf
RealGM

Post#30 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 pm

HMFFL wrote:Kevin Durant on Golden State was meant to be but he broke it. I believe KD will forever regret not staying in Golden State. Golden State needed KD hustbss much as he needed them.

I've said it over and over, but imagine being a young man entering the league, you purchase a house in Seattle, then told you're having to move to OKC (what?), and once you're a free agent, you get bashed for taking advantage of it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app

I regret it because of how fun they were to watch, but I dunno that KD will or does. He didn't seem to enjoy his last season there very much and I don't think it would've changed his legacy for the foreseeable future if he had grabbed another 2-3 rings & finals MVPs with that team. It didn't matter that he was the best player on that team and the one that lead them in the finals, too many people weren't going to give him credit.

Airmiess
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,447

Post#31 » by Airmiess » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 pm

His career arc is so embarrassing post GSW i don't even want to talk about KD anymore.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,934

Post#32 » by Calvin Klein » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:32 pm

Warriors probably told him he has no heart and that's why he left to infect other teams.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,344

Post#33 » by Onus » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 pm

cgf wrote:
Onus wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

In 2016 when both teams were healthy the warriors were up 3-1. Then the nba decided to extend the series by suspending Draymond and Bogut and iguodala both got hurt in that game. But sure you can think whatever you want.

It's not the refs fault that the NBA has rules against going around kicking your opponents in the dick. I'm generally a Draymond fan, but it was Draymond's fault he got suspended. Don't wanna get suspended don't do s*** that's suspendible.

Assessing a tech after the game is over is why he got suspended. The refs in the actual game thought nothing of it
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,060

Post#34 » by garrick » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:35 pm

Klay also sat out like 2 seasons following the loss to Toronto while KD sat out basically 1 & a half seasons so we really don't know if GSW would have won another one even had KD stayed post injury.

I think KD just got tired of being on a super team like GSW and wanted to get away from the pressure of winning a title every year. He's kind of also had the worst luck being paired with some unreliable stars like Harden or Kyrie who created drama every year and weren't serious about winning.

People forget that KD is already 35 and at an age where a lot of star players are either out of the league or an a serious decline. He's still a good player but the days where he could put a team on his back are long past.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,929

Post#35 » by kuclas » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:35 pm

Just circumstances and injuries.

I truly believe nets win nba title if they has healthy lyric in 2021. Injured Harden was just icing on the cake

In the nba ur window to win shrinks plus u need some luck on ur side.

I don’t think golden state wins in 2022 without luck either. Phoenix collapsing vs Dallas in round 2 plus facing inexperienced boston jump shooting team in finals.
cgf
RealGM

Post#36 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:37 pm

Jerry Maine wrote:Luck definitely part of it, had Steph not had ankle issues he would have demanded more, but Dubs mgmt kept the faith, took the risk and paid him what his market value was at the time. They could have traded him for Bogut instead of Monta

For sure, it's not just luck, which is why I brought up MacK. The Avs signed him early to a longterm deal that they got made fun of for, until he exploded, because they believed in him despite the slow start to his career and they decided to take a calculated risk...but we were still lucky to even be in the position to take that calculated risk.

Most NHL #1 picks that end up monsters start to be great pretty early...by the end of year 3 they are expected to already be high level players if they're going to end up superstars...but MacK didn't even move to his proper position until his 3rd season, and despite going on a tear in the 2nd half of his rookie year; he didn't have another impressive season until his Draft+5 campaign.

So it takes a combination of luck, talent evaluation, and courage to end up with a Steph or MacK type bargain.

cgf
RealGM

Post#37 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:39 pm

Onus wrote:
cgf wrote:
Onus wrote:In 2016 when both teams were healthy the warriors were up 3-1. Then the nba decided to extend the series by suspending Draymond and Bogut and iguodala both got hurt in that game. But sure you can think whatever you want.

Assessing a tech after the game is over is why he got suspended. The refs in the actual game thought nothing of it

I should've been clearer and written "the officials" because when I wrote "the refs" I meant it to refer to the league as a whole, not just the refs that officiated that game.

That's my b.

Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,307

Post#38 » by Parataxis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 pm

garrick wrote:Klay also sat out like 2 seasons following the loss to Toronto while KD sat out basically 1 & a half seasons so we really don't know if GSW would have won another one even had KD stayed post injury.

I mean, we do know that GSW would have won another one had KD stayed, because GSW *did* win another one after KD left, in 2022.

The only 'KD superteam' that did anything of importance was the one that had won a chamionship with their roster both before he joined and after he left.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,854

Post#39 » by Marrrcuss » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm

Onus wrote:
JN61 wrote:Durant isn't going to save Curry from the late career disaster

Curry did save Durant’s career.

Right. Those two daggers Curry hit over LeBron are what did it....
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,060

Post#40 » by garrick » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 pm

Parataxis wrote:
garrick wrote:Klay also sat out like 2 seasons following the loss to Toronto while KD sat out basically 1 & a half seasons so we really don't know if GSW would have won another one even had KD stayed post injury.

I mean, we do know that GSW would have won another one had KD stayed, because GSW *did* win another one after KD left, in 2022.

The only 'KD superteam' that did anything of importance was the one that had won a chamionship with their roster both before he joined and after he left.

Like the butterfly effect we really don't know if that team wins in 2022 or not, does GSW still get Wiggins who had his best season ever and does Poole play out of his mind in 2022 if KD is still on that team?

Return to The General Board