Anthony Edwards Trajectory

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Quentin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,241

Re: Anthony Edwards Trajectory 

Post#201 » by Quentin » Thu May 2, 2024 1:17 am

I wish Edwards could get away with the offensive arm bar/push off that SGA gets away with. That would boost the hell out of his stats.
Special_Puppy
Bench Warmer
And1: 906

Post#202 » by Special_Puppy » Thu May 2, 2024 1:26 am

I want to reiterate that I want to see Ant keep up the kind of play he has had the past 15 playoff games for the next 90+ games (Regular+playoffs), but I definitely see him being the next Kobe if he hits his absolute peak
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Post#203 » by MavsDirk41 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:35 am

One_and_Done wrote:Right now Ant's per 100 stats are 40.3p, 10.4r, 8.1a, 648 TS%, on a 128 Ortg, while playing good D. Tell me the playoffs Kobe had that I should compare that too. It's still early of course, but if he keeps this up it's clearly better than anything Kobe did. The dude is killing it out there, and that more than any stat is notable.

You do realize this is the first playoff series he has won right? I like watching the guy play and im rooting for his success but why dont you pump the brakes a little bit until he accomplishes something meaningful- like a WCF appearance or something. You dont like kobe bryant we get it but calm down on dissing the guy everyday.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,783

Post#204 » by One_and_Done » Thu May 2, 2024 1:46 am

He has to keep it up obviously.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,200

Post#205 » by Wallace_Wallace » Thu May 2, 2024 1:46 am

mowcrowbar wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:He's shaping up to be a better version of Kobe. Still not a top 5 player, but he might get there.

Hmm I thought of him as a better version of Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Ray Allen mixed into one.

I mean he’s taller than Yao Ming and shorter than Earl Boykins, heavier than Shaq and lighter than Allen Iverson, shoots like Steph and drives like Jordan, passes like Magic and defends like Pippen….this whole time we’re arguing about who should be the MVP between Giannis, Luka, Embiid and Jokic these couple years, the MVP actually means the second most valuable player because Anthony Edwards is always first and the award meant who is the closest to Ant
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,231

Post#206 » by Klomp » Thu May 2, 2024 1:56 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,995

Post#207 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu May 2, 2024 3:02 am

Klomp wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Jalen is a second year player who is less than four months older. And no his numbers are not better. But why engage with the stats, where Ant is extremely inefficient by comparison, when you can just say stuff that fits your agenda?

EPM is the gold standard on advanced stats, where Ant and Jalen are neck and neck, and Shai has Ant almost doubled up.

Point is he's much closer to Jalen than SGA.

100% closer to Jalen than SGA, yet some believe he’s better than likely runner up MVP SGA who is worth an estimated 20 wins each of the last two years (he was 5th in MVP last year too).

If SGA and Williams are both so great, how did they miss the playoffs last year? Sounds like a massive embarrassment to me.

I mean technically they made the play in, without Chet… and as the youngest team in the league. They won 20 games more than all projections. Maybe you lack context here?
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,341

Post#208 » by Baseline81 » Thu May 2, 2024 3:37 am

OkcSinceSGA wrote:I mean technically they made the play in, without Chet… and as the youngest team in the league. They won 20 games more than all projections. Maybe you lack context here?

You realize 10 of the 15 teams in a conference make either the play-in game or playoffs, right? Congrats on besting a tanking Dallas as well as a Utah rebuilding Utah team (traded Gobert and Mitchell prior to the season).

You must also know Towns only played 29 games last year, yet Minnesota reached the playoffs.
Metin91
Senior
And1: 30

Post#209 » by Metin91 » Thu May 2, 2024 5:44 am

OkcSinceSGA wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Metin91 wrote:Pretty laughable some trying to compare him with Jalen Williams

ANT is putting up better numbers while being double teamed and is younger.

The whole defensive strategy of Phoenix and Denver next centers around stopping ANT.

Do teams put that much work into stopping Jalen Williams?

Jalen is a second year player who is less than four months older. And no his numbers are not better. But why engage with the stats, where Ant is extremely inefficient by comparison, when you can just say stuff that fits your agenda?

EPM is the gold standard on advanced stats, where Ant and Jalen are neck and neck, and Shai has Ant almost doubled up.

Point is he's much closer to Jalen than SGA.

100% closer to Jalen than SGA, yet some believe he’s better than likely runner up MVP SGA who is worth an estimated 20 wins each of the last two years (he was 5th in MVP last year too).

What were SGA's numbers like in year 4 when compared to ANT?

ANT is supposedly inefficient yet where you compare each in their 4th years looks like SGA's numbers are even worse.

So..... do teams put work into Jalen Williams like they do ANT???

I could imagine what ANT's numbers would be if every possession teams were looking at him the way teams guard Jalen.
art_tatum
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,168

Post#210 » by art_tatum » Thu May 2, 2024 5:53 am

somewhere between Vince Carter and Kobe. dont think he will ever be efficient on avg.
will be mutli all star I'm not as high on him as most
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,783

Post#211 » by One_and_Done » Thu May 2, 2024 7:16 am

art_tatum wrote:somewhere between Vince Carter and Kobe. dont think he will ever be efficient on avg.
will be mutli all star I'm not as high on him as most

These playoffs he's more efficient than Kobe ever was by far.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,200

Post#212 » by Wallace_Wallace » Thu May 2, 2024 11:05 am

Baseline81 wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:I mean technically they made the play in, without Chet… and as the youngest team in the league. They won 20 games more than all projections. Maybe you lack context here?

You realize 10 of the 15 teams in a conference make either the play-in game or playoffs, right? Congrats on besting a tanking Dallas as well as a Utah rebuilding Utah team (traded Gobert and Mitchell prior to the season).

You must also know Towns only played 29 games last year, yet Minnesota reached the playoffs.

Winning 20 games more than projection is an accomplishment who deserves a congratulations, and this year OKC is projected 50-32 (ended 57-25). I’m sure he’ll appreciate the gesture. Minnesota had a 46-36 expected record this year (ended 56-26), and last year the Wolves had an expected record of 54-28 (ended 42-40). I think they also deserved a congratulations this year but maybe not so last year.

Towns was healthy enough to dominate the play in last year (24/11 against LA, 28/11 against OKC), so not sure what your last point was. Furthermore, am I supposed to feel bad that someone punched a wall, broke his hand and missed the playoffs? With the Timberwolves, everything is fine and dandy now, but I hope I don’t see any chairs flying around or walls getting smashed if they don’t win…..best of luck out there against Denver.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,795

Post#213 » by Chuck Everett » Thu May 2, 2024 11:17 am

My enjoyment of him comes from his usage of the word "Finchy." He allows Chris Finch to criticize/coach him. And he's seeing the results of the coaching. In the case of KAT, Ant, Gobert, Jaden, Naz and NAW, these guys are all having career years (thus far) under Finch.

Ant could easily be on some clown **** like LaMelo, but he is really taking his career seriously and working on his weaknesses.

Before the Suns series started, some of the Wolves fans were talking about the defensive strategy they were using against Ant to make him so inefficient. Well he said that he watched a lot of film with Finchy during the week leading up to the series. And we saw from his play that he applied everything he learned. Points, assists, rebounds and lockdown D. He made Beal look pathetic. It was glorious.

So the question now is, is he ready to concede to Luka, Shai and Wemby that they're the future of the Western Conference. Based on what I've seen thus far, the answer is a resounding No!

TLDR: I have a feeling Edwards and Finch are going to be together a long time. People forget Finch is an elite offensive coach who like Nick Nurse cut his teeth winning and developing in the G-League before becoming an NBA HC.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,995

Post#214 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu May 2, 2024 5:09 pm

Baseline81 wrote:

I also realize that most projections had them as the WORST team in the entire league and projected win total around 20. How can you ignore that context lol?
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Metin91
Senior
And1: 30

Post#215 » by Metin91 » Thu May 2, 2024 10:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=UU_paJ3ACnYeK-oSM-kCbw&s=19

Kwesi the vikes GM nails it at :50 secs about the difference between Edwards and a player like Jalen Williams

Return to The General Board