Anthony Edwards Trajectory

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,365

Re: Anthony Edwards Trajectory 

Post#161 » by Frank Dux » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:04 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:He's shaping up to be a better version of Kobe. Still not a top 5 player, but he might get there.
What?????

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

I love how “a better version of Kobe” still isn’t a top 5 player in the league to some people :lol:
bake51
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#162 » by bake51 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:28 pm

Primedeion wrote:
bake51 wrote:Not saying Ant is better than Kobe whatsoever but you also need to consider that Ant's numbers would increase substantially if he played with prime Shaq.

Just like Eddie Jones right? Or do you not realize that Kobe's numbers were consistently far better with Shaq on the bench and out of the lineup? The way y'all overrate Shaq is hilarious. Ant is playing with the one of the GOAT shooters/floor spacers and in a league that's far kinder to perimeter players and he still can't even reach league average efficiency. He's nowhere near a top 3-5 player like Bryant was.

Never said Ant was on Kobes level. Not over rating Shaq either as he's a top 5-10 player of all time. I think Kobe playing with Shaq is far more kinder than Ant playing with Kat lol.
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,393

Post#163 » by Gusto1903 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:44 pm

Everytime i see him play, i think of Jordan tbh. Of course not as great, but his style, his movement, his drive, even his looks, the athleticsm, that single armband. All of those remind me of Jordan
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,166

Post#164 » by Lalouie » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:08 pm

thinktank wrote:
Lalouie wrote:this dude is making a difference. but he needs to collect rings

and in this age of parity there is ZERO excuse not to get a few

That’s quite the conundrum.

Given: Parity

Then: Win multiple rings.

Well if there’s parity, it’s not going to be easy to win multiple rings.

not only a conundrum it's a flat out oxymoronic for me to say. however here's what i mean. parity is a lack of top level teams that separated themselves from the league. it is not the league getting better, it's is the lack of great teams and thus opening up the race to everyone. in this scenario you don't have to be great to get a ring you only have to be consistantly better than the pack

if ant is who people want him to be then parity is a good time for him to do it
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,786

Post#165 » by One_and_Done » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:18 pm

Frank Dux wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:He's shaping up to be a better version of Kobe. Still not a top 5 player, but he might get there.
What?????

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

I love how “a better version of Kobe” still isn’t a top 5 player in the league to some people :lol:

The league is stronger today, and Kobe was not a top 5 player some years in even the weaker league he played in. Even the year he won the MVP he shouldn't have been in the top 3, as CP3, KG, and Lebron at least for all better choices.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,517

Post#166 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:44 pm

Klomp wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Ant's Trajectory

1st season : rookie
2nd season: Jerry Stackhouse
3rd season: D Wade
4th season: Kobe
5th season : MJ

First season he was Dion Waiters, don't forget

He has definitely taken the mantle from Dion re yelling on every drive trying to get a foul.
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 7,030

Post#167 » by LakerLegend » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:08 pm

Is ant still 6-4 or has he grown?
firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 1,079

Post#168 » by firedavidkahn » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Next year he probably going to lead the league :nod:

The people LOVE Ant.

Face of the league isn't necessarily about who is the absolute best, it's about who the most marketable players are among the best.

Ant will be the face of the league.
Quentin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,241

Post#169 » by Quentin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:07 pm

LakerLegend wrote:Is ant still 6-4 or has he grown?

He's grown! 6' 4.25" !
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 886

Post#170 » by Roy T » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:12 pm

Airmiess wrote:Wade is the 3rd best SG of all time..

Pretty sick how „weak“ this position is overall…
Sealab2024
Junior
And1: 575

Post#171 » by Sealab2024 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:21 pm

I tried to explain this to someone, it's not that I'm saying Ant is gonna be Michael Jordan. What I'm saying is when you watch him play it's like watching Michael play. The way he moves, his posture, the way he cuts, the shots he takes and the way he takes them.... We've seen it look like this before. This isn't a new mold of basketball player we're seeing. This has happened before. It was Michael Jordan and it was Kobe Bryant.

Does that mean he will be as successful as those two? Not at all. But when you see him take over a game or a series like he did against the Suns. When you see him score his points when it matters. When you see him clamping down defensively and guarding the rim.... It all leads to the fact that we have seen this all before.

His ceiling is the best player in the league, multiple time MVP, Finals MVP, perennial All-NBA and HOF player. Whether he gets there or not only time can tell, but terrifyingly he's about a year ahead of schedule.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,250

Post#172 » by Klomp » Wed May 1, 2024 1:09 am

I'm honestly okay if people don't quite feel comfortable putting him in the discussion with Jordan or Bryant. I think a couple others got caught up in that about 15-20 years ago, and while they maybe didn't live up to that standard, they still had damn successful careers. I'm talking about Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter. Those wouldn't be bad comparisons either.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
BSJ2024
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#173 » by BSJ2024 » Wed May 1, 2024 1:32 am

:noway:
Sealab2024
Junior
And1: 575

Post#174 » by Sealab2024 » Wed May 1, 2024 1:41 am

I will say this though; that 18 foot bank shot from the elbow/wing is a dead give away he's been studying 1990's Bulls games. He has the fadeaways and up and unders and the screen pops and all that stuff that Michael had, but he doesn't "coincidentally" also have Scottie Pippens patented bank shot by accident.

For those that didn't have the pleasure of being driven insane by this let me explain. Every single game Scottie played on TV he would invariably hit one of his 18-20 foot bank shots and like lemmings the announcers would tell us all about how Scottie was a great defender coming out of college but couldn't shoot. His career was sputtering early until a coach suggested he start using the glass. Somehow Scottie was a way better shooter off the glass......we would be told this every single game that Scottie played for the entirety of his 15 year career without so much as Facebook to fire back.

You can't watch Jordan film without knowing this and seeing it constantly. It's a dead give away.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#175 » by One_and_Done » Wed May 1, 2024 1:51 am

BSJ2024 wrote:

No need to hate on Ant bro.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Post#176 » by MavsDirk41 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:33 am

One_and_Done wrote:
BSJ2024 wrote:

No need to hate on Ant bro.

No need to troll a dead man
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#177 » by One_and_Done » Wed May 1, 2024 2:45 am

Crazy fact; people don't become exempt from criticism when they die.
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Post#178 » by MavsDirk41 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:58 am

One_and_Done wrote:Crazy fact; people don't become exempt from criticism when they die.

Your obsession with hating on the guy is strange. Im waiting for you to compare his peak to Harold Miner’s
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 678

Post#179 » by Chessboxer » Wed May 1, 2024 3:01 am

Sealab2024 wrote:I tried to explain this to someone, it's not that I'm saying Ant is gonna be Michael Jordan. What I'm saying is when you watch him play it's like watching Michael play. The way he moves, his posture, the way he cuts, the shots he takes and the way he takes them.... We've seen it look like this before. This isn't a new mold of basketball player we're seeing. This has happened before. It was Michael Jordan and it was Kobe Bryant.

Does that mean he will be as successful as those two? Not at all. But when you see him take over a game or a series like he did against the Suns. When you see him score his points when it matters. When you see him clamping down defensively and guarding the rim.... It all leads to the fact that we have seen this all before.

His ceiling is the best player in the league, multiple time MVP, Finals MVP, perennial All-NBA and HOF player. Whether he gets there or not only time can tell, but terrifyingly he's about a year ahead of schedule.

Absolutely, there are specific moves he does that only MJ has, like that reverse 180 pivot in the post to set up his midrange jumper. He is really the only player Ive seen do it. I can tell he watches a ton of film on MJ, and he has the skillset and the physical gifts to integrate it into his game.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#180 » by One_and_Done » Wed May 1, 2024 3:11 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:Crazy fact; people don't become exempt from criticism when they die.

Your obsession with hating on the guy is strange. Im waiting for you to compare his peak to Harold Miner’s

Not alot of top 25 guys get compared to Harold Miner.

Return to The General Board