Anybody else think the TWolves match up well with the Nuggets?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who you got?

Wolves
50%
Nuggets
50%

Total votes: 72

Onlytimewilltel
Veteran
And1: 3,476

Re: Anybody else think the TWolves match up well with the Nuggets? 

Post#81 » by Onlytimewilltel » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:40 am

Yuri36 wrote:
sfernald wrote:
Ray Donovan wrote:What about Mavs , can they beat Okc then can Denver beat Minnesota ?

Mavs beating Okc is a long shot, Okc looking like they have three stars and Shai way more efficient than Doncic right now. Is Doncic even healthy?

lol it seems like you like others have already forgotten the lesson OKC took from a full strength Mavs team few weeks ago.

What’s the lesson? The chubbier the better?
Onlytimewilltel
Veteran
And1: 3,476

Post#82 » by Onlytimewilltel » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:42 am

_AIJ_ wrote:You had me at Blue Arrow. Sorry but that "nickname" is not it. lmao

Yea what the f**k is blue arrow :lol:
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,325

Post#83 » by ShootersShoot » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:55 am

I think the twolves have the pieces to at least somewhat nullify the size advantage denver has on all the other teams..that and they are deeper.
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,398

Post#84 » by CodeBreaker » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:58 am

With their Head Coach out, I don't see the Wolves beating Denver
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,243

Post#85 » by Edrees » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:34 am

If Denver doesn't beat the Lakers in game 5, that series will go 7, and i think the nuggets will be too tired/worn out to beat the wolves in 7 game series especially if they keep palying murray on his injury. If the nuggets win game 5, then I think they'll beat the wolves.
ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 3,207

Post#86 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:42 am

Wolves in 6.
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,390

Post#87 » by Gusto1903 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:45 am

Ive told this a couple of times before, even during the RS.

That injuryridden Wolves were the team, that gave Denver the biggest challenge in last years playoffs. Big yet quick bodys, incredible confidence in Ant this year and a squad where everybody knows their role. This can be a really good matchup, where i can see the Wolves might snatch 1-2 games and with a little bit of luck can even dethrone the reigning champs. If they cant, im not sure, anybody can (barring injuries or other events).

This will be the series ive been looking for for quite some time. Of course i would be sad, because the Wolves missing a WCF, but thats nothing to worry about, if they tear the roof of the NBA Building and deliver banger after banger games. Might see Jokic struggle with such a solid and wellrounded defensive team.
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
guynumber45
Ballboy
And1: 34

Post#88 » by guynumber45 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:59 am

If Murray doesn't figure his **** out, I'm taking Minnesota. This is the series where a lack of a Jeff Green/Bruuce Brown will kill the Nuggets. Those guys were nice connective pieces in several lineups because of their ability to shoot the 3, attack closeouts and defend at a solid level. I really like Watson/Braun, but those guys are purely defenders at the moment. They've been absolutely terrible from 3-point range and I doubt that will change going forward. Add the fact that Reggie Jackson has been a bonafide scrub, I think the Wolves will be able to outproduce the Nuggets.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,027

Post#89 » by BelgradeNugget » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:18 am

ChipotleWest wrote:Keep in mind that in last years playoffs Wolves were without Nazi Reid and Jaden McDaniels, and then Anderson got hurt in Game 4. Not saying they definitely would have won last year but they didn't get them at full strength like they will this year and now Ant is a year older. (still only 22)

Last year TWolves lost in play-inn game against Lakers. Against Nuggets they were blown-out in game 1, Nuggets had 20 pt lead in game 2, double diggit lead with 1:20 in game 3. After TWolves had 12 pt lead with 2:52 in game 4 Nuggets went on a run and if Jokic made free throw they would swept them. Anderson was there for all those games and 5th and 6th best players wouldn't made any difference.

Next round Suns won 2 games, were no match to Denver, Lakers were swept (with smallest point differential as they like to say), Miami was no match. In last year playoffs no one was.

This year TWolves are much better team, and can beat Denver, not because of anything from last year but beacuse

2024 Ant >>> 2023 Ant
2024 Ant+KAT+Gobert+Conely>>>2023 Ant+KAT+Gobert+Conely
2024 McDaniels >>> 2023 McDaniels
2024 Reid >>> 2024 McDaniels

TWolves young players improved, they BBIQ is better, they learned how to play with each other how to trust each other. Last year everybody wanted to choke Gobert, now he is big part of their defense AND OFFENSE. They are together in this. It takes time to build a team...
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,027

Post#90 » by BelgradeNugget » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:22 am

guynumber45 wrote:If Murray doesn't figure his **** out, I'm taking Minnesota. This is the series where a lack of a Jeff Green/Bruuce Brown will kill the Nuggets. Those guys were nice connective pieces in several lineups because of their ability to shoot the 3, attack closeouts and defend at a solid level. I really like Watson/Braun, but those guys are purely defenders at the moment. They've been absolutely terrible from 3-point range and I doubt that will change going forward. Add the fact that Reggie Jackson has been a bonafide scrub, I think the Wolves will be able to outproduce the Nuggets.

Last year Jeff Green was the worst player on plannet Earth. The only worst player then him ever is his replacement Zake Nnaji. This year Nuggets are better, but so are the other teams. If they did catch the Nuggets it is because they improved more then the Nuggets did.
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,338

Post#91 » by sfernald » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:09 am

Onlytimewilltel wrote:
Yuri36 wrote:
sfernald wrote:
Mavs beating Okc is a long shot, Okc looking like they have three stars and Shai way more efficient than Doncic right now. Is Doncic even healthy?

lol it seems like you like others have already forgotten the lesson OKC took from a full strength Mavs team few weeks ago.

What’s the lesson? The chubbier the better?

Mavs fans should only be worried about the Clippers lol. That series is hardly over.
Ugly Duckling
Analyst
And1: 1,588

Post#92 » by Ugly Duckling » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:16 am

CodeBreaker wrote:With their Head Coach out, I don't see the Wolves beating Denver

it does put them at a major disadvantage, but it's not like he's not going to help out. one of the assistants will temp assume his role in terms of talking to the refs, etc. but i'm sure he's going to be in film sessions and a big part of the adjustments
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
baller16
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,566

Post#93 » by baller16 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:51 am

I think the Wolves have a good chance of beating the Nuggets. They got the bigs to throw at Jokic and one of the best wing defenders in Mcdaniels to contain Murray. All they need is Ant to continue his scoring barrage.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,416

Post#94 » by BigGargamel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:52 am

This is going to be a heck of a series. I think the winner of this series wins it all. Yes, even over Boston.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,283

Post#95 » by Marvin Martian » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:55 am

I think the Wolves can beat DEN. DEN allowed a below average offensive LAL team to score at will.

This Wolves team should be sharper on both ends.
TheFire
Senior
And1: 1,033

Post#96 » by TheFire » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:57 am

Wolves are gonna smoke them. This team was literally built to match with them. Cmon man. Ant averaged 30+ on then last year at 60%+ TS, what do you think he will do this year? And now they have Naz and Jaden back, while Nuggets bench got weaker.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,052

Post#97 » by vxmike » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:05 am

BigGargamel wrote:This is going to be a heck of a series. I think the winner of this series wins it all. Yes, even over Boston.

I think it’s very possible. This is effectively the WCF in my opinion.

Denver has the best player and extensive playoff experience. Minny has much better depth and matches up with Denver very well at key positions.

It’s nuts how good the Mountain Division is. Denver, Minny and OKC could be the top three teams out West for the next several years.
Tottery
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,398

Post#98 » by Tottery » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:07 am

Gonna be a good series. Gotta wait til Saturday though.
Ugly Duckling
Analyst
And1: 1,588

Post#99 » by Ugly Duckling » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:10 am

I think it will come down to defense. The Nuggets barely squeezed this game out. Not enough stops against the Lakers role players down the stretch
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,580

Post#100 » by DaPessimist » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:11 am

Yes, I think the Wolves match up well.

Still picking Denver because of HCA and their ability to close out tight games.

Return to The General Board