Kevin Durant - Next Steps

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,523

Re: Kevin Durant - Next Steps 

Post#41 » by Saints14 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:52 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Saints14 wrote:Hot take: Clippers and Suns swap KD and Kawhi

I don't even think it makes sense it would just be funny

Cmon bro KD has failed, but trading him for a injury prone aging Kawhi makes no sense for PHX.

Clips would add picks or something, just feels like the type of desperation Hail Mary both teams could talk themselves into
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,414

Post#42 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:55 pm

Saints14 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

Cmon bro KD has failed, but trading him for a injury prone aging Kawhi makes no sense for PHX.

Clips would add picks or something, just feels like the type of desperation Hail Mary both teams could talk themselves into

How does this make the Suns better?

Kawhi is a downgrade from KD and he's injury prone. They are still stuck with a Beal/Booker backcourt.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,028

Post#43 » by DusterBuster » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:43 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
Saints14 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Cmon bro KD has failed, but trading him for a injury prone aging Kawhi makes no sense for PHX.

Kawhi is a downgrade from KD and he's injury prone. They are still stuck with a Beal/Booker backcourt.

That backcourt is so stupid. The Suns had their best season pairing Booker with a pure PG, and then build a superteam by pairing Booker with a pure SG and have no real PG.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Demagoog
Senior
And1: 2,048

Post#44 » by Demagoog » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:47 am

Read on Twitter

Groundwork for a trade is already being laid, lol.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,484

Post#45 » by jkvonny » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:47 am

Stick it out with Phoenix (get a point guard and more depth) or return to young up and coming OKC.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,291

Post#46 » by Coach Carter » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:56 am

This dude's legacy is shot
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,113

Post#47 » by JB2 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:56 am

Demagoog wrote:
Read on Twitter

Groundwork for a trade is already being laid, lol.

3 pure scorers with max contracts on a team with no depth, zero size, minimal defense, big injury issues, all playing for a defensive minded but offensively inept coach... just wtf did KD think when he signed off on all this?

And he couldn't wait 2 hours before his management went running to Shams to start the process of appease me or trade me?
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,425

Post#48 » by dygaction » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:01 am

LaLover11 wrote:Buyout Durant and let him play for the Nuggets

He is going to Clippers to reunite with Harden and Westbrook :lol: With PG13 and Kawhi, they would be a fans' favorite.
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#49 » by dygaction » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:05 am

I am sure Harden and Westbrook cannot wait to reunite
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#50 » by dygaction » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:08 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
Saints14 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Cmon bro KD has failed, but trading him for a injury prone aging Kawhi makes no sense for PHX.

Kawhi is 3 yrs younger than KD, who is 35 now. Maybe like AD, Kawhi will be very healthy next year at Suns. Suns medical team was best know for extending Nash's career
Soonercrazy84
Sophomore
And1: 106

Post#51 » by Soonercrazy84 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:10 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:Presti is not trading for Durant, so how would he go back to OKC?

Yeah it's a ridiculous notion if you look at the contracts. They would have to send everybody except SGA pretty much just to match Durant's salary. No way in hell is that happening. Easy yes if I'm Phoenix, but it's hell no if I'm OKC.
Nobody in OKC wants the dude....we have a team and he is on sunset watch.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Soonercrazy84
Sophomore

Post#52 » by Soonercrazy84 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:12 am

pipfan wrote:Sorry, but add KD to OKC and they're the best team in the league
Giddy, Dieng, #12 and the Utah/Miami picks
Suns get 2 young pieces, 3 picks and save A TON of cash

They also deal Booker (BRK works) and start over
Lmao...No

dygaction
Head Coach

Post#53 » by dygaction » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:12 am

DusterBuster wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
Saints14 wrote:

That backcourt is so stupid. The Suns had their best season pairing Booker with a pure PG, and then build a superteam by pairing Booker with a pure SG and have no real PG.

I think it was last year's playoff vs Nuggets with Booker and Durant averaging 7.8 and 5 assists each that gave the Suns the illusion that adding another guard with playmaking like Beal would offer enough playmaking and let you cheat away without a true PG.
Soonercrazy84
Sophomore

Post#54 » by Soonercrazy84 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 am

Karma is a bitch.

Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,251

Post#55 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

Call me crazy but I can see the Warriors making another run at him. Both parties are desperate and their respective windows are closing. From the Suns perspective that might be their quickest path back to relevance.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,121

Post#56 » by iggymcfrack » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:35 am

Durant won't want to be the bad guy so he won't request a trade this year. He'll let them fire Vogel and give it one more year. Then when they fail to get out of the first round next year, he'll demand a trade in the offseason and Phoenix will be only too happy to get something for him in the final year of his contract. Don't expect a big haul though.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,028

Post#57 » by FarBeyondDriven » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:17 am

I fail to understand why there's so much consternation. Did anyone really think the Suns were going to compete for a championship with this year's roster? I know I didn't. They did exactly what I expected. I'm sure the owner wanted to go farther in the playoffs but he enjoyed having fans fill his arena and watch his franchise appreciate in value. They have a whole offseason to make adjustments whether that be by changing coaches, changing systems, adding a first round pick or trading out of the first and adding multiple second round picks, FA and trades. Next year's team will be as good or better than this year's.
Baz
Rookie
And1: 1,628

Post#58 » by Baz » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:21 am

Let's see which team he's going to gut and destroy next. You'd think his value has dropped significantly.
uncleduck13
Junior
And1: 341

Post#59 » by uncleduck13 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:27 am

Mamba Mentality wrote:Call me crazy but I can see the Warriors making another run at him. Both parties are desperate and their respective windows are closing. From the Suns perspective that might be their quickest path back to relevance.

Once again, KD to GSW doesn’t move the needle in 2024. He isn’t the game changer that he once was. He doesn’t impact winning anymore (2 first round sweeps in the last 3 years). He’s also about to be 36 and doesn’t solve any of Warriors issues with size, speed, and athleticism. They would still be too old, too small, and too slow to compete fr.

Would make for a cool storyline, but stupid, all things considered.
Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#60 » by Astaluego » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:50 am

It makes sense for the Knicks... Randle/Bojan +1 or 2 FRP meh.. The Suns get an Allstar in Randle and the expiring Bojan+FRP+Little+Roddy to fill some holes. something like Bojan+Little to the Nets for Schroeder/DFS or something similar or maybe something with the Blazers around JGrant etc... Knicks are a formed and super solid team. KD could be like the final piece to advance
Old Mike Lorenzo

Return to The General Board