House of the falling Sun.

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,311

Re: House of the falling Sun. 

Post#101 » by Mr Puddles » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:04 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:
nzahir wrote:I dont think we have the assets for Booker since hes on a long deal and I doubt he wants out, but dont act like we have nothing

We have 3 1sts, 3 swaps, this years rookie, Reaves on a very good deal, Rui is fine (bad in this series, very good in the reg season and last playoffs though), and Christie.

Didnt you guys get Jrue for like almost nothing

I think we have the assets for Mitchell if he wants out, Trae, or KD

Honesty I don't think Booker will get moved unless it's for an irrationally lobsided offer that the Suns can't say no to (or if Booker asks out). Like if the 76ers contacted the Suns offering Embiid for Booker straight up, ofcourse the Suns wouldn't be dumb enough to say no. The Suns have invested too much in making him the face of the franchise to trade him without getting a superstar in return.

As a Sixers fan, I do that trade yesterday, I'm driving Embiid to the airport myself!

I'm honestly surprised. I like Booker but Embiid is a reigning MVP who would have been in the mix again if it wasn't for not meeting the minimum game threshold.

Booker finished 4th in MVP voting, but even your most ardent Suns fan will admit that the gap between the top 3 and 4th that year was a mile wide.

Embiid's injury history scares me and he doesn't have much time left on his current contract, but neither of those things offset that embiid is flat out the better player IMO.
Spoiler:
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,283

Post#102 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:09 pm

It's weird because he's great but the only chance for the Suns to be competitive would be trading Booker. You can't get enough assets for KD to replace him and I doubt a Beal/Booker duo would ever win something. Beal has negative trade value so basically your only shot is by trading Booker for role players and picks and hope a KD/Beal duo can work with more help. I still think they have no shot but that the only way to me.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,253

Post#103 » by doogie_hauser » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:19 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:It's weird because he's great but the only chance for the Suns to be competitive would be trading Booker. You can't get enough assets for KD to replace him and I doubt a Beal/Booker duo would ever win something. Beal has negative trade value so basically your only shot is by trading Booker for role players and picks and hope a KD/Beal duo can work with more help. I still think they have no shot but that the only way to me.

Agree with that, but also with Booker, The Suns could get a very good return with terms of young players and current and future picks if they pick the right team and or market to trade with (Pistons, Rockets, possibly Hornets)

The Suns should be focused on the medium to long term future of their franchise.

Heck even a Lamelo Ball/Booker swap (plus pick swaps and pieces going either way) with The Hornets is something Phoenix should consider.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,793

Post#104 » by Pointgod » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:06 pm

Suns would be dumb to trade Booker for picks alone. Unless an equally capable defensive player is coming back you hold Booker and just ride things out with Durant until the wheels fall of this thing.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 844

Post#105 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:13 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:
Citizens or RealGM, I've seen this written about 10 times now.

The Suns have a first round pick in 2024, 2026,2028,2030.

They don't have a first round pick in 2025, 2027, 2029.

They’re saying it wrong on tnt - my bad

If those picks have swaps attached, then the Suns don't control their own picks.

Of course, swapping with Brooklyn or Washington may not be the greatest hardship in the world ...

The issue is they swapped those swaps over and over again, they're basically guaranteed to get picks in between 26 and 30 in 2026, 2028, and 2030.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 844

Post#106 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:13 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Panic Sell!!!

No.. just use the offseason to bring in more reliable pieces around your star core.

How.
Kiss of Death
Senior
And1: 828

Post#107 » by Kiss of Death » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:14 pm

pace31 wrote:Not that it matters much at all, but what is Eric Gordon doing getting 39 playoff minutes??

You have 3 players on that team making $50 million a year.

Eric Gordon is not the problem.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,786

Post#108 » by Swish1906 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

After these playoffs there is just one obv solution left:
https://youtu.be/jBkT5oLtFy4?si=p_XddG-tqKt8F3rM

jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,903

Post#109 » by jehosafats » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm

I'd like to point out that they didn't have a point guard
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,379

Post#110 » by SpreeS » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:05 pm

Oh my God, I didn't realise that all 3 will make 50mln each next year. W/o draft picks, w/o young players and bad fit between Durant/Booker/Beal. Wow wow wow - its coma.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#111 » by Bum Adebayo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:08 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:
Honesty I don't think Booker will get moved unless it's for an irrationally lobsided offer that the Suns can't say no to (or if Booker asks out). Like if the 76ers contacted the Suns offering Embiid for Booker straight up, ofcourse the Suns wouldn't be dumb enough to say no. The Suns have invested too much in making him the face of the franchise to trade him without getting a superstar in return.

As a Sixers fan, I do that trade yesterday, I'm driving Embiid to the airport myself!

I'm honestly surprised. I like Booker but Embiid is a reigning MVP who would have been in the mix again if it wasn't for not meeting the minimum game threshold.

Booker finished 4th in MVP voting, but even your most ardent Suns fan will admit that the gap between the top 3 and 4th that year was a mile wide.

Embiid's injury history scares me and he doesn't have much time left on his current contract, but neither of those things offset that embiid is flat out the better player IMO.

You are right, I forgot he won MVP, what a steal for the Suns, let's do it!
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,311

Post#112 » by Mr Puddles » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:09 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:

You are right, I forgot he won MVP, what a steal for the Suns, let's do it!

:lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,666

Post#113 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:19 pm

Ckay wrote:From game 3. He probably more calm now.

Is that just a random fan? I'm so confused. How is his dad going to figure it out? Mainlining coke is never a good idea but never at a game. just take a pinky bump bro.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,158

Post#114 » by slick_watts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:21 pm

unless i'm mistaken, the suns won't have tax mle either because they are a 2nd apron team. also can't aggregate salaries in a trade.
DuallyNoted
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#115 » by DuallyNoted » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:22 pm

nah. eff durant
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,074

Post#116 » by queridiculo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:23 pm

You always learn something new on RealGM.

The opposite of a rising sun is a falling sun.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,074

Post#117 » by queridiculo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:25 pm

azcatz11 wrote:That's crazy they don't have a FRP until 2030.

I'd be pretty surprised if he blows it up. Not even year 3. I don't think this is the type of dude to pay $4b for a rebuild.

Wizards have a pick-swap on that 2030 selection.

What are the chances the Wizards are further along with their rebuild than the Suns?
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,902

Post#118 » by cupcakesnake » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:25 pm

Too easy to say blow it up when a team looks to have maxed out well short of expectations but...
If you trade KD and Booker... you're basically condemning the Suns to being a worse version of the Wizards. The Wizards but with an older Bradley Beal. The Wizards... but without their own draft picks. That's a crazy fate to condemn the franchise to.

The Suns are going to try again, hit the bargain bin in free agency, and hope they can build a real defense.

So insane that they have 115m alone committed to 3 shooting guards. 120m if Eric Gordon picks up his player option. Like how do you ever hope to build a contender around that kind of money being wrapped up in arguably the least valuable position?
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,035

Post#119 » by Wingy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:46 pm

queridiculo wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:That's crazy they don't have a FRP until 2030.

I'd be pretty surprised if he blows it up. Not even year 3. I don't think this is the type of dude to pay $4b for a rebuild.

Wizards have a pick-swap on that 2030 selection.

What are the chances the Wizards are further along with their rebuild than the Suns?

Significant.

Then even once the draft rolls around, they’ll have their 2031, but can’t trade it due to being a 2nd apron team. Not sure if that also applies to ability to swap, but you’d think they won’t triple down on this mess…would they???
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,598

Post#120 » by NYKnickerbocker » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:51 pm

They have to find a way to get some decent depth quickly. Durants impact is slowly diminishing even tho he puts up great numbers

Return to The General Board