Kevin Durant has been a part of two failed superteams

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

SUPERVILLAIN
Analyst
And1: 12,280

Kevin Durant has been a part of two failed superteams 

Post#1 » by SUPERVILLAIN » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:35 am

He failed with James Harden and Kyrie Irving. Now he failed again with Devin Booker and Bradley Beal. These two huge disasters should be seen as a big, ugly stain on his legacy. Durant has only thrived when he is playing with one of the greatest core of all time in the history of this sport. I really can't see Durant as an all-time great anymore. An all-timer should have done way better with opportunities like his.

Also we can't forget that Durant has always been a guy who joined a superteam. Basically he is a follower. He never been the alpha. He joined Golden State when the golden core is already established. He went to Brooklyn because Kyrie told him so. Lastly, he picked Phoenix as his trade destination when things get ugly in Brooklyn. And it's very possible that he is going to try to run away from Phoenix to be in a better team.

I will say it one more time. Kevin Durant is not an all time great. He can't be in the conversation anymore.
Young Stapler wrote:Completely off topic but SUPERVILLAIN got a crazy post/And1 ratio O_O

Just an observation. Carry on :usa:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2135964&p=94616946#p94616946
Hellcrooner
Veteran
And1: 2,164

Re: Kevin Durant has been a part of two failed superteams 

Post#2 » by Hellcrooner » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:37 am

I dont think there is anybody out there that still thinks about durant on the Mikan, Wilt, Russell,Big O, Dr J, Kareem, Moses, Magic, Bird, Jordan, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron tier of players.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 2,045

Post#3 » by Blazing_royale » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:38 am

KD Curse
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,303

Post#4 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:40 am

There’s a reason they failed. You can’t have your 3 best players be only offensive players.

The big 3 worked because Chris Bosh became a guy who played defence. KG was obviously elite on the end. Who of Besl/Booker/Harden/Irving was that guy? In all honesty - it has to be KD and that is just a stupid use of KD.

They’re superteams in name only. They were horrible fitting teams.

Hopefully, KD gets moved this offseason and we can watch him play on a team that has some semblance of team construction.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,028

Post#5 » by NZB2323 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:40 am

He is an all-time great, he just may be top 21 instead of top 15.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,199

Post#6 » by cpower » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:40 am

I think it depends on what all time great means, he is still a heck of player, one of the best scorers ever, a top 20-30 player of all time. But he is missing offensive tools to lead a championship team and needs a better offensive player to handle the most of the load so that he can JUST score. He is always the same player but there are a lot of media trying to prop him to become the Lebron rivalry..
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,813

KD was swept twice in last three years in first round 

Post#7 » by TinmanZBoy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:40 am

where will be his next team that is going to be swept again?
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 986

Post#8 » by ScrantonBulls » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:42 am

SUPERVILLAIN wrote:He failed with James Harden and Kyrie Irving. Now he failed again with Devin Booker and Bradley Beal. These two huge disasters should be seen as a big, ugly stain on his legacy. Durant has only thrived when he is playing with one of the greatest core of all time in the history of this sport. I really can't see Durant as an all-time great anymore. An all-timer should have done way better with opportunities like his.

Also we can't forget that Durant has always been a guy who joined a superteam. Basically he is a follower. He never been the alpha. He joined Golden State when the golden core is already established. He went to Brooklyn because Kyrie told him so. Lastly, he picked Phoenix as his trade destination when things get ugly in Brooklyn. And it's very possible that he will find a way out from Phoenix to be in a better team.

I will say it one more time. Kevin Durant is not an all time great. He can't be in the conversation anymore.

I question your basketball knowledge if you expected this Suns team to win.
chilluminati
Starter
And1: 4,067

Post#9 » by chilluminati » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:42 am

YogurtProducer wrote:There’s a reason they failed. You can’t have your 3 best players be only offensive players.

The big 3 worked because Chris Bosh became a guy who played defence. KG was obviously elite on the end. Who of Besl/Booker/Harden/Irving was that guy? In all honesty - it has to be KD and that is just a stupid use of KD.

Hopefully, KD gets moved this offseason and we can watch him play on a team that has some semblance of team construction.

This. I hope teams start learning that the superteam delusion is not worth mortgaging your future over.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,465

Post#10 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:42 am

KD had all the talent to be a top 3 player in history.

Just never had the mindset or will to be the lead guy. He went and got 2 easy championships with the Warriors. If not for that this dude is probably still ringless.
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,396

Post#11 » by Ckay » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:44 am

"Let me join next season" :lol:
Read on Twitter
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,028

Post#12 » by NZB2323 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:45 am

YogurtProducer wrote:There’s a reason they failed. You can’t have your 3 best players be only offensive players.

The 2023 Suns were 7th defensively. They don’t have a Kevin Garnett, but CP3, Booker, Durant, and Ayton are all above average defensive players.
Airmiess
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,459

Post#13 » by Airmiess » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:46 am

Stop being surprised by KD coming up short. GSW was a fool proof situation, hes not that guy.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,268

Post#14 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:47 am

Don’t forget he couldn’t win on the thunder with two other league mvp caliber players in harden and Westbrook

He joined the 73 win team that beat him so Steph could gift wrap him a couple rings. The warriors won another championship without him.
firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 1,061

Post#15 » by firedavidkahn » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:47 am

The Kevin Durant trade has been more of a "disaster" than the Rudy Gobert trade

Let that sink in
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,465

Post#16 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:47 am

Airmiess wrote:Stop being surprised by KD coming up short. GSW was a fool proof situation, hes not that guy.

Just the cold hard truth.
SUPERVILLAIN
Analyst
And1: 12,280

Post#17 » by SUPERVILLAIN » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:51 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
SUPERVILLAIN wrote:He failed with James Harden and Kyrie Irving. Now he failed again with Devin Booker and Bradley Beal. These two huge disasters should be seen as a big, ugly stain on his legacy. Durant has only thrived when he is playing with one of the greatest core of all time in the history of this sport. I really can't see Durant as an all-time great anymore. An all-timer should have done way better with opportunities like his.

Also we can't forget that Durant has always been a guy who joined a superteam. Basically he is a follower. He never been the alpha. He joined Golden State when the golden core is already established. He went to Brooklyn because Kyrie told him so. Lastly, he picked Phoenix as his trade destination when things get ugly in Brooklyn. And it's very possible that he will find a way out from Phoenix to be in a better team.

I question your basketball knowledge if you expected this Suns team to win.

Surely I don't expect them to win. And that only makes it clearer that Durant has failed. You play with fellow stars like Booker and Beal and nobody expect you to win the first round? What the hell? How much more help do you need? How many stars teammate needed to make you a favorite?
Young Stapler wrote:Completely off topic but SUPERVILLAIN got a crazy post/And1 ratio O_O

Just an observation. Carry on :usa:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2135964&p=94616946#p94616946
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,813

Post#18 » by TinmanZBoy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:52 am

KD's teams lack of toughness...
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,994

Post#19 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:52 am

Is anyone surprised? Hes the worst leader in sports.

And he wanted the Beal trade which was beyond disastrous.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,199

Post#20 » by cpower » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:53 am

JustBuzzin wrote:KD had all the talent to be a top 3 player in history.

Just never had the mindset or will to be the lead guy. He went and got 2 easy championships with the Warriors. If not for that this dude is probably still ringless.

no he does not.. he can't create easy shots for his teammates and the biggest missing piece to his game.

Return to The General Board