Shams: Chris Finch, Timberwolves coach feared to have suffered a torn Patellar Tendon

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,663

Re: Shams: Chris Finch, Timberwolves coach feared to have suffered a torn Patellar Tendon 

Post#21 » by Chuck Everett » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:12 am

Surgery is tough for something like this because that guarantees he needs to stay home and rehab. I expect them to stabilize the knee and then have him sit behind the bench the rest of the playoffs while Micah Nori coaches from the sideline.

As soon as Minnesota wins/is eliminated, he will get the surgery.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Forbes
Analyst
And1: 2,558

Re: Shams: Chris Finch, Timberwolves coach feared to have suffered a torn Patellar Tendon 

Post#22 » by Forbes » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:16 am

This for sure shouldn’t stop him from coaching. You’ve done a great job this year buddy, keep doing it until you guys lose. Then fix yourself after.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,383

Post#23 » by brutalitops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:21 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Draymond after watching Finch in pain on TV…

It's not like Finch is guarding Durant, but tearing your knee out kinda mean you should probably have the rest of the night off at least
chilluminati
Starter
And1: 4,065

Post#24 » by chilluminati » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:21 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's easy to say that from your couch, Draymond. :lol:
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,511

Post#25 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:56 am

OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

What a dirty player Conley is, clearly trying to injure his coach.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,910

Post#26 » by RookieStar » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:11 am

eyeatoma wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Clearly beef in the locker room they not telling us about
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,511

Post#27 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:13 am

RookieStar wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Clearly beef in the locker room they not telling us about

:lol:
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,327

Post#28 » by lambchop » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:23 am

Dominator83 wrote:He can probably wait till the off-season since coaching doesn't require him to run or jump.

I might be wrong here. But I know people in the real non-sports world that have torn ACLs and did nothing about it because of course some non rich people don't have the time or money to be out of action that long.

Yea he can definitely survive and even if they make the finals and he gets the surgery then, he should still heal up fine.

That said, patellar tear is one of the worst tendon injuries out there. It's also more debilitating than an ACL tear in terms of everyday functionality
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,243

Post#29 » by Edrees » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:28 am

If the wolves dont win the title, we can put an asterisk on whoever is the champ for facing a non healthy wolves team. I've seen worse reasons to asterisk champions so I'm gonna do it.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,735

Post#30 » by 76thBearCub » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:59 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Meanwhile if it happened to him he'd be out on the court flopping like a fish. Then post some dramatic crap online.
ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 3,187

Post#31 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:04 am

Ouch, will the league let him coach on Zoom?

An assistant can hold up an ipad with him on it. :lol:
Berbasecks
Freshman
And1: 72

Post#32 » by Berbasecks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:04 am

Dominator83 wrote:He can probably wait till the off-season since coaching doesn't require him to run or jump.

I might be wrong here. But I know people in the real non-sports world who have torn ACLs and did nothing about it because of course some non-rich people don't have the time or money to be out of action that long.

Yeah, my dad's been putting it off for years. Doesn't want to spend a couple of months on sick leave AND unable to walk for a while (don't know what the expected recuperation timeline is).
I am beyond death
Midst a dreaming affinity
Saving strength now, faint whispers
Come erotic communion in its splendour
DoctorX
Veteran
And1: 3,530

Post#33 » by DoctorX » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:28 pm

76thBearCub wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Meanwhile if it happened to him he'd be out on the court flopping like a fish. Then post some dramatic crap online.

I can see him posing a 1-hour video in that situation lol and talking about it nonstop.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,279

Post#34 » by God Squad » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:49 pm

Freak accident, Get well coach.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,662

Post#35 » by Cubbies2120 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:54 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I see the green font, but I also see this as you poking fun at people claiming Embiid is dirty.

He is. Conley running into his coach is an unavoidable accident.

Embiid pulling dirty moves off in 4 straight games and one that led to ramifications for the Knicks for the rest of the playoff run is dirty.
ryan in Maine
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,765

Post#36 » by ryan in Maine » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:22 pm

Looks like Finch stepped up to stop a potential collision with fans.
Listen to Sinister by CZARFACE @YouTube
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,157

Post#37 » by slick_watts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:17 pm

if it's a completely torn patellar tendon i don't think you can put surgery off like a torn ligament. partial, he might be able to just have a leg immobilizer and do PT.

pretty crazy thing to happen. the last time i remember a coach getting hurt is when nate mcmillan tore his achilles in practice.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,119

Post#38 » by shrink » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:21 pm

chilluminati wrote:It's easy to say that from your couch, Draymond. :lol:

Yeah, but Draymond has researched injuries and incorporates that into his basketball “style.” He knows what injuries remove someone from the game.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,399

Post#39 » by Statlanta » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:27 pm

I'm surprised this didn't turn into an Anti Booker thing here in the thread and on the court. He didn't pull a Horry but his bad defense lead to this injury
Read on Twitter
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,215

Post#40 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:41 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to The General Board