Suns Drama already leaking (Kevin Durant never felt comfortable in Phoenix’s offense per SHAMS)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Re: Suns Drama already leaking (Kevin Durant never felt comfortable in Phoenix’s offense per SHAMS) 

Post#21 » by giberish » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:53 am

Way too often the Suns offense was just guys taking turns isoing. If it's not your turn you end up just standing around.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 987

Re: Suns Drama already leaking (Kevin Durant never felt comfortable in Phoenix’s offense per SHAMS) 

Post#22 » by Decipher » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:55 am

Durant isn’t the problem and if he was, he can be traded unlike Beal
ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 3,186

Post#23 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:07 am

Decipher wrote:Durant isn’t the problem and if he was, he can be traded unlike Beal

Suns overpaid for him, Bridges is pretty good Johnson isn't bad but the 4 unprotected 1st round picks is the kicker. No team is going to offer that same haul this time.

People should keep in mind something when criticizing Durant's play or thinking about trade value he had an achilles tear. No player is ever the same after that. Although he's been pretty good compared to others who suffered the same injury, this is not Warriors Durant. He'll also be 36 by the time next season starts.
Big_Aristotle
Senior
And1: 254

Post#24 » by Big_Aristotle » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:10 am

Booker and Durant are the two best players on that team, with a track record of winning playoff series (Finals appearance and Finals MVP). The GM made a critical mistake trading everything and the kitchen sink for a high volume, often injured star player that comes from a losing team (Beal) which is also making $50 million. It starts there, the rest is just consequences.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,766

Post#25 » by Case2012 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:29 am

They'll fire Vogel before trading him, obviously. They should trade beal for a PG and for depth. I wonder if cp3 would come back on a minimum.
Instagram: @casetwelve
Decipher
Rookie

Post#26 » by Decipher » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:30 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Decipher wrote:Durant isn’t the problem and if he was, he can be traded unlike Beal

Suns overpaid for him, Bridges is pretty good Johnson isn't bad but the 4 unprotected 1st round picks is the kicker. No team is going to offer that same haul this time.

People should keep in mind something when criticizing Durant's play or thinking about trade value he had an achilles tear. No player is ever the same after that. Although he's been pretty good compared to others who suffered the same injury, this is not Warriors Durant. He'll also be 36 by the time next season starts.

I am a Nets fan & Durant might not at his peak but he’s still elite (unless he’s fallen off a cliff in the last few months)

However, he needs a ball handler beside him

We saw it in Brooklyn and it’s probably more glaring now

He’d still fetch a haul unlike Beal
Decipher
Rookie

Post#27 » by Decipher » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:31 am

Case2012 wrote:They'll fire Vogel before trading him, obviously. They should trade beal for a PG and for depth. I wonder if cp3 would come back on a minimum.

Beal was traded for a bag of chips because nobody wanted that contract and I can’t imagine that he’s worth more now
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,766

Post#28 » by Case2012 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:34 am

Decipher wrote:
Case2012 wrote:They'll fire Vogel before trading him, obviously. They should trade beal for a PG and for depth. I wonder if cp3 would come back on a minimum.

Beal was traded for a bag of chips because nobody wanted that contract and I can’t imagine that he’s worth more now

I agree but his contract could be broken into smaller ones with some decent role players if a team feels he's a missing piece. I could see Morey trading for him.
Instagram: @casetwelve
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,389

Post#29 » by Gusto1903 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:36 am

giberish wrote:Way too often the Suns offense was just guys taking turns isoing. If it's not your turn you end up just standing around.

I mean, with those guys, that was the idea behind it, wasnt it?
It was a great or bright idea, but that HAD to be the idea.
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,453

Post#30 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:37 am

im taking him on the knicks. i think he fits great, if he defers to brunson. we have everything in place. he can just get buckets and ball over here.

bogey +filler and 3 picks
im bout dat action boss
Decipher
Rookie

Post#31 » by Decipher » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:41 am

Gusto1903 wrote:
giberish wrote:Way too often the Suns offense was just guys taking turns isoing. If it's not your turn you end up just standing around.

I mean, with those guys, that was the idea behind it, wasnt it?
It was a great or bright idea, but that HAD to be the idea.

Pretty sure that Booker said that was the plan
Decipher
Rookie

Post#32 » by Decipher » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:44 am

Case2012 wrote:
Decipher wrote:

I agree but his contract could be broken into smaller ones with some decent role players if a team feels he's a missing piece. I could see Morey trading for him.

Sixers fans have been begging Morey to do the same with the Harris contract for years

Reckon there’d be a burning at stake in Philly if they finally got off Tobias only to replace him with Beal
BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,643

Post#33 » by BloodNinja » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:44 am

NoStatsGuy wrote:im taking him on the knicks. i think he fits great, if he defers to brunson. we have everything in place. he can just get buckets and ball over here.

Durant will not defer. And if he miraculously does he'd just sit in the corner doing nothing then complain.
ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 3,186

Post#34 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:55 am

Would the Knicks try to come up with a package the Suns would want for Durant? Maybe the Heat?

Phoenix still has to give 2025, 2027, 2029 and 2028 pick swap first round picks to Brooklyn. Are they going to expect all of that back for Durant? Will a team do that? Lots of questions. I'm thinking he'll still be a Sun next season unless he refuses to play for them.

I know Durant's a commodity, but I don't understand why a team would want to give draft picks for someone Durant's age 5 years from now. He might be retired or completely washed by then you might be a lottery team and you're giving up unprotected first rounders. The Suns did that. Durant will be 40 in 2028, they gave up 2029.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,394

Post#35 » by itrsteve » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:26 am

Is the stage not set for an OKC reunion?
NoStatsGuy
Analyst

Post#36 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:38 am

BloodNinja wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:im taking him on the knicks. i think he fits great, if he defers to brunson. we have everything in place. he can just get buckets and ball over here.

Durant will not defer. And if he miraculously does he'd just sit in the corner doing nothing then complain.

i think KD is willing to defer, as he did with steph in golden state. KD doesnt need to be the focal point or recognized as the alpha, he doesnt care about that.

The report said, KD wasnt happy with his role because their coaches couldnt make it work with beal, booker and KD. not because hes not the #1 option. I dont think KD has an ego like that to be honest.

KD works seemlessly in established teams, which the knicks are. KD "struggles" when hes put in an artifically created big 3 setting and doest find his place in the offense. Hes a perfect plug and play player. and i think he would be great with the knicks. I mean i could be wrong about the fit. but it would make a lot of sense on the court imo.
im bout dat action boss
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,594

Post#37 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:12 am

It’s always something with Durant. Dude is great at getting swept in the first round. Whining about his teammates when he probably had as much say on who to acquire as anyone
dans1230
Rookie
And1: 1,166

Post#38 » by dans1230 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:34 am

I bet you would take him, but why would the Suns give up their 2nd most talented player for some late first round picks and a guy who can barely break your playoff rotation?
Clearly the problem on the Suns lies in their decision to allot so much of their salary cap to Brad Beal, who i like, but not at the expense of any depth on your roster.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,080

Post#39 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:39 am

Please **** off KD. Please.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst

Post#40 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:42 am

dans1230 wrote:

I bet you would take him, but why would the Suns give up their 2nd most talented player for some late first round picks and a guy who can barely break your playoff rotation?
Clearly the problem on the Suns lies in their decision to allot so much of their salary cap to Brad Beal, who i like, but not at the expense of any depth on your roster.

i agree with you 100%

its a bad deal for the suns. if tehy want, they can try again with a different coach. im just saying what i would offer. take it or leave it. but then KD is 36 after that season and the deals wont get any better ;)

oh and also, we all know what picks mean these days. you can work your way up the draftboards failry easy if you have the assets
im bout dat action boss

Return to The General Board