Should the Pelicans move on from Willie Green?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

DLoMor
Junior
And1: 647

Should the Pelicans move on from Willie Green? 

Post#1 » by DLoMor » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:10 am

What do you guys think? Seems like the Pelicans are trapped, like they can’t really improve or decline with this current roster so idk what will happen. Maybe they need to do a full on rebuild again? Idk
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,637

Re: Should the Pelicans move on from Willie Green? 

Post#2 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:10 am

They can have Jason Kidd.
jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 5,716

Post#3 » by jkvonny » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:16 am

No
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,697

Post#4 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:17 am

Wait you expected them to beat OKC without Zion?
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,342

Post#5 » by sfernald » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:20 am

No, they need to build this team around Zion. Trade Ingram for better 3 point shooters.

Zion plus three point shooters all around would be a revelation. I love Herb, Naji and Murphy. Murphy should start.

Give Willie the right personnel before you kick him to the curb.He’s good. Some other team will snag him instantly if they do.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,525

Post#6 » by BigGargamel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:50 am

DLoMor wrote:What do you guys think? Seems like the Pelicans are trapped, like they can’t really improve or decline with this current roster so idk what will happen. Maybe they need to do a full on rebuild again? Idk

WTF

Year 1: 36-46
Year 2: 42-40
Year 3: 49-33

What on earth are you talking about? They've improved by leaps and bounds every year.

You really do make some brain dead threads my man. :lol:
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,621

Post#7 » by Mrakar » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:56 am

Yes, i wrote a post after first 2 months, in january, after all-star break, before the play-in and this team had same problems over and over again.

This series had nothing to do with it, Thunder are bettwr team.

Willie is a great guy, i qould love to have him as defensive assistant, but he is not a HC in this league, he is just too nice of a guy.
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,506

Post#8 » by Funcrusher » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:01 am

JustBuzzin wrote:Wait you expected them to beat OKC without Zion?

As high as i am on Zion, you cannot seriously have watched this series and come away thinking he gets us over the top here. We got swept and didnt score 100 points once :lol:

This is a David Griffin issue primarily. He's the ultimate grifter of a gm (no pun intended). Basically doesnt want to build around our best player because it gives him psycho flashbacks of being in LeGM's shadow in Cleveland
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,506

Post#9 » by Funcrusher » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:05 am

BigGargamel wrote:
DLoMor wrote:What do you guys think? Seems like the Pelicans are trapped, like they can’t really improve or decline with this current roster so idk what will happen. Maybe they need to do a full on rebuild again? Idk

WTF

What on earth are you talking about? They've improved by leaps and bounds every year.

We've come into the play-in all of those years lol, who cares about barely squeking into the playoffs and getting bounced early every year? "But at least our win total went up steadily every year of the regular season!"
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,506

Post#10 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:10 am

Funcrusher wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Wait you expected them to beat OKC without Zion?

As high as i am on Zion, you cannot seriously have watched this series and come away thinking he gets us over the top here. We got swept and didnt score 100 points once :lol:

This is a David Griffin issue primarily. He's the ultimate grifter of a gm (no pun intended). Basically doesnt want to build around our best player because it gives him psycho flashbacks of being in LeGM's shadow in Cleveland

he might not have put them over the top- but he gives any team fits. He is so strong and athletic that basically nobody can guard him
jkvonny
Head Coach

Post#11 » by jkvonny » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:11 am

Funcrusher wrote:
BigGargamel wrote:

WTF

We've come into the play-in all of those years lol, who cares about barely squeking into the playoffs and getting bounced early every year? "But at least our win total went up steadily every year of the regular season!"

Your expectations are way too high.

Who the hell do you think yall should hire to replace Green (doing a great job and NO is injury proned)??
socal74
Rookie
And1: 1,257

Post#12 » by socal74 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:19 am

jkvonny wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:
BigGargamel wrote:
WTF

Who the hell do you think yall should hire to replace Green (doing a great job and NO is injury proned)??

Do you know how many close games the Pelicans lost? If you haven't watched much of the Pelicans just say so instead of just looking at their record and assuming he's a good coach.
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#13 » by zero rings » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:21 am

Idk but they should 100% trade Ingram
jkvonny
Head Coach

Post#14 » by jkvonny » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:21 am

socal74 wrote:
jkvonny wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:We've come into the play-in all of those years lol, who cares about barely squeking into the playoffs and getting bounced early every year? "But at least our win total went up steadily every year of the regular season!"

Do you know how many close games the Pelicans lost? If you haven't watched much of the Pelicans just say so instead of just looking at their record and assuming he's a good coach.

Ive watched a lot of their games. Hes a good coach. They had lots of injuries as well. Finished with 49 wins (that would be top seed most years in the West). Should they have had 53 win? 3 seed?

Who do you think that they should hire to replace Green?
Ham? Doc Rivers?
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,194

Post#15 » by Lalouie » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:30 am

the pels are trapped by zion's HEALTH is what they're trapped by
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,159

Post#16 » by UcanUwill » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:43 am

socal74 wrote:
jkvonny wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:We've come into the play-in all of those years lol, who cares about barely squeking into the playoffs and getting bounced early every year? "But at least our win total went up steadily every year of the regular season!"

Not sure how good a coach Green is, on surface, looks like he does a good job.

I just want to say how I hate this asinine "argument". "I watch the games" therefore I know more. Same as "I play basketball, therefore I know better than nerds".

Its not an argument. Argument would be something you would share that actually made you realize from watching or playing games. Gotta love people who all like, I watch and play therefore I know better, while not actually sharing what is exactly what they know...

Since you so well informed and have strong opinion, you can actually share your analysis what Wille Green does badly. This is why we have topics. And I swear if its "rotations"... :lol:

Every team loses close games all the time. What is the team that notoriously win most of their close games, maybe Denver?
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,325

Post#17 » by SNPA » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:46 am

Zion for Sabonis
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,424

Post#18 » by TheNewEra » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:50 am

ingram was beyond imagination bad. Need to move on
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man
And1: 3,975

Post#19 » by Dubious Handles » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:13 am

Zion is perma injured and Ingram is fools gold, tough situation but you gotta build around Zion and pray for the best
PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,698

Post#20 » by PlatinumState » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:20 am

Willie isnt the problem. Ingram is. He's a whole lot of nothing, owed 36 million next season. Zion played a record 70 games this season its bad timing he got injured in the play in

Return to The General Board