The Nuggets are nothing special - now and going forward

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 1,061

Re: The Nuggets are nothing special - now and going forward 

Post#81 » by firedavidkahn » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:14 pm

"The defending NBA champs who look just as elite this year aren't anything special"

<microwaving your brain .gif>
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,063

Post#82 » by Exp0sed » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:29 pm

famicommander wrote:I don't think Jamal Murray and KCP will shoot poorly forever. I think they'll start to hit shots consistently, as they have throughout their respective playoff careers.

Christian Braun, Justin Holiday, and Reggie Jackson may or may not snap out of their slumps but I am absolutely confident Murray and KCP will.
Idk if u noticed but no1 is "hitting shots" vs. The Wolves. Murray couldn't handle the relatively weak laker's guard defenders and the best defense in the league is waiting in the next rd.

Now he'll have an all nba level, 7 ft. Defender in Mcdaniels on certain switches with Gobert behind, or an elite freak like ANT on him..he's not getting "hot" on those guys..

Did u see the insane level of ball pressure the Wolves brought to the Suns? They really took it to them, Phx could barely dribble

Ball handling is an issue for the Nuggets in the non Murray mins, Reggie jackson is pretty bad,Braun and Watson are even worse

Nuggets turned the ball over a fair bit, Minny's pressure on the ball is much much better than that of the Lakers

And their length is ridicilous, u think theyre behind u on say, a side step 3 but they comr right back to recover from behind

KCP and Murray haven't shot the ball well at all, neither has the rest of the case save MPJ and to a lesser extent, Jokic)

They're not gonna regress back to the mean against the Wolves of all teams, imo

P.s, from the guys u mentioned Braun isn't a good 3 pt shooter and neither is Reggie. Holiday is a good shooter but he's a 3rd string player who doesn't really belong in a playoff game, so his shooting slump is the typicap slump for a scrub,%'s cratering in the post season

KCP is a good shooter but he's not a 100% still dealing with his lingering finger issues. He can get himself out of the slump as for the rest, i kinda doubt it

Sent from my SM-A115F using RealGM mobile app
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,217

Post#83 » by kenwood3333 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:42 pm

The Nuggets are beatable, which will makes the playoff interesting. Murray's poor play was part of the reason why the games were closed. If they had someone like a Kyrie, these would have been easy wins for the Nuggets.
jk31
Rookie
And1: 686

Post#84 » by jk31 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:24 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:They are special. The only problem is that they are not deep. So they are pretty much a Jokic or Murray injury away from being a non playoff team

how many teams are there were you substract their best or 2nd best player and they still are a contender?
PedroFlu
Pro Prospect
And1: 653

Post#85 » by PedroFlu » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:50 pm

They didnt seem locked, their 2nd best player is clearly hobbled and also is KCP, their rotation is very short and they are far from playing up to their potential.

Still, you knew they were going to beat the Lakers one way or another.

This team is pretty **** good. But I agree they have reasons to be worried, West is tough and then there is the Celtics. They must get their **** together.
The Hypnotoad
Rookie
And1: 420

Post#86 » by The Hypnotoad » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:54 pm

They’re good but they have a horrible bench. ANY of their starting 5 goes down and I don’t think they’ll win another series.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,567

Post#87 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:20 pm

donkki wrote:Denver relies heavily on their starting five. That and considering how Minnesota can eliminate their main weapons Murray (Edwards) and Jokic (Gobert, Towns, Reid) I would expect Minnesota to completely expose and beat them.

...You make it sound like the nuggets are the ones who lost 4-1 to the wolves last year and the wolves won the title. The wolves are a great team and it should be a tough series, but casually using the words "eliminate" and "expose" regarding arguably the best player in the league is hilarious.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,522

Post#88 » by CIN-C-STAR » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:17 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:
donkki wrote:Denver relies heavily on their starting five. That and considering how Minnesota can eliminate their main weapons Murray (Edwards) and Jokic (Gobert, Towns, Reid) I would expect Minnesota to completely expose and beat them.

...You make it sound like the nuggets are the ones who lost 4-1 to the wolves last year and the wolves won the title. The wolves are a great team and it should be a tough series, but casually using the words "eliminate" and "expose" regarding arguably the best player in the league is hilarious.

Yeah saying Karl Anthony-Towns is gonna "eliminate" Jokic's offense is a sig worthy display of casual commentary if there ever was one :lol:
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,902

Post#89 » by basketballRob » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:29 pm

I think the window is open for a couple of more years. It'll be interesting if next year they don't start resting starters for stretches during the regular season. As a Magic fan, I hope so because we get their 2025 1st-round pick.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,324

Post#90 » by ShootersShoot » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:12 pm

basketballRob wrote:I think the window is open for a couple of more years. It'll be interesting if next year they don't start resting starters for stretches during the regular season. As a Magic fan, I hope so because we get their 2025 1st-round pick.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Most likely they would still be a top 4 playoff seed next season. Even if they do rest some guys, I don't think that pick is going to be higher than in the 20s..Imo window is open until Jokic is in his mid 30s or a catastrophic injury happens.
ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 3,204

Post#91 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:17 pm

I don't like OP at all, can't stand him really, I can't stress enough how little I like him.

I forgot my point.

Oh yeah, but in this one instance he's correct. The Nuggets had an unimpressive path to a championship. Now they're about to be tested.
Wigginstime
Sixth Man
And1: 2,512

Post#92 » by Wigginstime » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:19 pm

Its ironic that the Nuggets "success" is the biggest thing discrediting them.

The only lost 4 games in the playoffs last year - RealGM "They had a historically easy playoff run"

The beat the Lakers who made the conference finals last year in 5 games in the 1st round - RealGM "They will be exposed when they are challenged by a better team".

If they beat the Wolves or Thunder in 5 or less games RealGM will scream that those teams were fake contenders instead of giving the Nuggets due credit.

It seems the only way for the Nuggets to "gain credit" is to loose more games and have longer playoff series...
ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 3,204

Post#93 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:20 pm

Wigginstime wrote:Its ironic that the Nuggets "success" is the biggest thing discrediting them.

The only lost 4 games in the playoffs last year - RealGM "They had a historically easy playoff run"

The beat the Lakers who made the conference finals last year in 5 games in the 1st round - RealGM "They will be exposed when they are challenged by a better team".

If they beat the Wolves or Thunder in 5 or less games RealGM will scream that those teams were fake contenders instead of giving the Nuggets due credit.

It seems the only way for the Nuggets to "gain credit" is to loose more games and have longer playoff series...

Nah I've said I'll be highly impressed if they win this championship, but I don't got them doing it.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,023

Post#94 » by NZB2323 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:30 pm

For all the criticism of RINGZ culture, this is why rings are important. All the people criticizing Jokic and Nuggets will have to give them flowers if they win it all again. Jokic will be ranked higher if he repeats.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,666

Post#95 » by nomansland » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:56 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
famicommander wrote:I don't think Jamal Murray and KCP will shoot poorly forever. I think they'll start to hit shots consistently, as they have throughout their respective playoff careers.

Christian Braun, Justin Holiday, and Reggie Jackson may or may not snap out of their slumps but I am absolutely confident Murray and KCP will.
Idk if u noticed but no1 is "hitting shots" vs. The Wolves. Murray couldn't handle the relatively weak laker's guard defenders and the best defense in the league is waiting in the next rd.

Now he'll have an all nba level, 7 ft. Defender in Mcdaniels on certain switches with Gobert behind, or an elite freak like ANT on him..he's not getting "hot" on those guys..

Did u see the insane level of ball pressure the Wolves brought to the Suns? They really took it to them, Phx could barely dribble

Ball handling is an issue for the Nuggets in the non Murray mins, Reggie jackson is pretty bad,Braun and Watson are even worse

Nuggets turned the ball over a fair bit, Minny's pressure on the ball is much much better than that of the Lakers

And their length is ridicilous, u think theyre behind u on say, a side step 3 but they comr right back to recover from behind

KCP and Murray haven't shot the ball well at all, neither has the rest of the case save MPJ and to a lesser extent, Jokic)

They're not gonna regress back to the mean against the Wolves of all teams, imo

P.s, from the guys u mentioned Braun isn't a good 3 pt shooter and neither is Reggie. Holiday is a good shooter but he's a 3rd string player who doesn't really belong in a playoff game, so his shooting slump is the typicap slump for a scrub,%'s cratering in the post season

KCP is a good shooter but he's not a 100% still dealing with his lingering finger issues. He can get himself out of the slump as for the rest, i kinda doubt it

Sent from my SM-A115F using RealGM mobile app

Not gonna go into all of your post, I agree with some of it, disagree with other parts.

But the one thing, the one thing Reggie Jackson does well is handle the ball. Streaky shooter, selfish at times, bad defender, old, sure, but he can handle the ball very well still.
Handlez
Junior
And1: 487

Post#96 » by Handlez » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:58 pm

What were they thinking by not improving that bench? They dropped the ball.

Brown walked and they didn't get a formidable replacement.
um.
Junior
And1: 89

Post#97 » by um. » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:21 pm

love this.

keep on adding them, negative nuggets of yours.
Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,897

Post#98 » by Sharkboy242 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:32 pm

Wigginstime wrote:Its ironic that the Nuggets "success" is the biggest thing discrediting them.

Catch 22

If the Nuggets beat a team, said team was bad.
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 8,958

Post#99 » by sp6r=underrated » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:46 pm

Capn'O wrote:Wtf is this thread?

Nuggets Wolves is must see TV.

I'm looking forward to it but from a business perspective this is like the mid 00s Detroit-Indiana rivalry or SA-Dallas series. I just don't see any appeal for casuals.
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 978

Post#100 » by ScrantonBulls » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:47 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:I don't like OP at all, can't stand him really, I can't stress enough how little I like him.

I forgot my point.

Oh yeah, but in this one instance he's correct. The Nuggets had an unimpressive path to a championship. Now they're about to be tested.

I don't blame you. I'd be upset too if I got destroyed in as many discussions as you have.

Return to The General Board