The Nuggets are nothing special - now and going forward

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Champ1on
Rookie
And1: 516

Re: The Nuggets are nothing special - now and going forward 

Post#61 » by Champ1on » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:32 am

Raps in 4 wrote:I agree. The Nuggets have been exposed. They may have won the series 4-1, but the Lakers were the better team. Just like last season.

What kind of crazy negative uno reverse backward flipping black magic thought is that. You think the team that only won once out of a 13 game match is the better team?!?!!?!
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,401

Post#62 » by zimpy27 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:56 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Or maybe the Lakers were actually a top contender, we will see from here I guess

No, we have seen enough.
They pretty clearly were not "a top contender". Weren't even a dark horse contender tbh.

Haha you wish
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
MMyhre
Suspended
And1: 603

Post#63 » by MMyhre » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:03 am

DaddyCool19 wrote:They seem more beatable than last year.

This. Murray has been a fool and hasnt rehabbed properly. I think they lose to Minnesota now. Jokic will need to have insane load, and then its going to be a young and fresh OKC squad in the WCF..
donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 625

Post#64 » by donkki » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:29 am

Denver relies heavily on their starting five. That and considering how Minnesota can eliminate their main weapons Murray (Edwards) and Jokic (Gobert, Towns, Reid) I would expect Minnesota to completely expose and beat them.
CD_41
Junior
And1: 415

Post#65 » by CD_41 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:40 am

LaLover11 wrote:
LakerLegend wrote:Nuggets problem is they have no bench.

Lakers had two starters and zero bench and still was kicking their ass this whole series until the 4th quarter each game because of fatigue

Because of fatigue?
Do you know how the two offenses work during crunchtime?
What kind of structure they play in?

Cause Denvers offense guarantees good shots, while the Lakers have to work hard for every good look.
This is also no secret, but it seems you prefer mono-causal explanations over complex ones.

Buddy, if you don´t want to become the next eyeatoma, I'd advise you to be a good sport and give credit where credit is due.
Nothing more annoying than someone who wears his bias on his forehead.
"No sense in honoring an internet bet. This isn’t the real world get over stop crying like a baby."
"My first name is Hussien. Would you expect Saddam to honor a bet he made with Kuwait or the US?"

Hussein Fatal after losing a bet.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 868

Post#66 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:52 am

CD_41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
LakerLegend wrote:Nuggets problem is they have no bench.

Lakers had two starters and zero bench and still was kicking their ass this whole series until the 4th quarter each game because of fatigue

Because of fatigue?

Cause Denvers offense guarantees could shots, while the Lakers have to work hard for every good look.
This is also no secret, but it seems you prefer mono-causal explanations over complex ones.

Buddy, if you don´t want to become the next eyeatoma, I'd advise you to be a good sport and give credit where credit is due.

Call me whatever you want but it was a true 2 vs 5
Lakers didn't have thier best defender " Vando and thier only AD backup that can spread the floor and length "Woods"

I've already congratulated Denver in another thread
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Ito
General Manager
And1: 810

Post#67 » by Ito » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:54 am

Nothing special bout another easy trip to the finals beating LeBron and the Lakers could have been the championship again
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,399

Post#68 » by Gusto1903 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:00 am

LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Because of fatigue?

Cause Denvers offense guarantees could shots, while the Lakers have to work hard for every good look.

Lakers didn't have thier best defender " Vando and thier only AD backup that can spread the floor and length "Woods"

Woods is horrible lol
Denver would feast harder, with a healthy Woods on the opposing team
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
CD_41
Junior
And1: 415

Post#69 » by CD_41 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:02 am

LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Because of fatigue?

If you think that having Vando back, would´ve put the Lakers over the top I can't take you seriously.
2 vs. 5? Let me put in another way: Denver is just way better than the Lakers. This includes player talent, coaching, execution down the stretch, etc.

Congratulating is not the same as giving credit where it is due.
No need you dig out some weak excuses. Sometimes your team is just not as good as another one.
"No sense in honoring an internet bet. This isn’t the real world get over stop crying like a baby."
"My first name is Hussien. Would you expect Saddam to honor a bet he made with Kuwait or the US?"

Hussein Fatal after losing a bet.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#70 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:08 am

Gusto1903 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:
Because of fatigue?

Woods is horrible lol
Denver would feast harder, with a healthy Woods on the opposing team

Yes because Denver play 100% perfect every second and minute of the game like it's NBA2k smh be real.

Do you know what bench players do for a team?
They give good minutes to Star Players when they need rest and different looks when the Starters are on scoring dry spells or vs the other teams bench players.

Look at the all the Reggie Jackson haters saying lol omg he sucks, terrible player just like you're talking about Woods and Vando, yet he helped the Nuggets win a pressure filled game 5 in the Playoffs smh lmao

If coach Malone thought like you and others that will agree with you just means they lose the game tonight

Jackson 8 pts tonight changed the whole game and momentum when he hit those shots just like Woods could've helped the Lakers even with 6 pts.

The Lakers win
BobbyPortisEyes
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,849

Post#71 » by BobbyPortisEyes » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:57 am

Appear to be nothing special and are still gonna 3-Peat. Pretty much sums up the Nuggets, who have taken on the personality of Jokic. They just get the job done and that's it.
hauntedcomputer wrote:Jokic is just a stranger dribbling a basketball. The humility bit could well be a carefully crafted business model for all we know. It's actually getting as tiresome as egotistical bloviating at this point. "Look at me, look how humble I am!!"
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,180
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#72 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:15 am

The Nuggets beat the Lakers so easily over the last two years that I can’t believe people are convinced they are a contender. They’re a mid 40 win team at thheir best, and the Nuggetst just play them at half speed all game and basically decide at any point they want to just put them away, and do, basically 95% of the time lol.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,675

Post#73 » by nomansland » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:26 am

The Nuggets didn't play as well as they can, but as much as it pains me to do so, I have to give the Lakers some credit. They played really well and the series could just as easily been a 7 game series. A few free throws here and there, a bad bounce here and there, and it's a totally different series. People underestimate the Lakers.

That said, if the Nuggets play like this against Minnesota, they're going to lose. But it's a whole new series so we'll see what happens.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,061

Post#74 » by vxmike » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:35 am

Biff wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Lebron and AD played GREAT and Nuggets still beat them 4-1. Put down the pipe.

The Lakers only had 2.5 players this series. Reaves is the only other guy who bothered to show up.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#75 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:36 am

vxmike wrote:
Biff wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Lebron and AD played GREAT and Nuggets still beat them 4-1. Put down the pipe.

The Lakers only had 2.5 players this series. Reaves is the only other guy who bothered to show up.

They will deny this and just say Murray sucked even tho he hit 2 game winners lmao
pontius
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,134

Post#76 » by pontius » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:50 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:I see this as a problem though forward for this team. Murray isn't THAT good, MPJ has injury concerns. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nugs don't win another championship with this roster.

Anything can happen in the future, but this take is outdated. Murray gives them all-star-level production when it matters the most. You can't ask for much else from a second option. MPJ played 170 games in the last 18 months; 81 games this season, more than Jokic even.
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,535

Post#77 » by Pattycakes » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:51 am

Welcome to 2024 where people don’t even care about the record so they just argue instead. Lakers lost, nuggets barely won. T wolves or thunder looking favorite-y
gabri3l3
Junior
And1: 468

Post#78 » by gabri3l3 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:58 am

The lakers are the 2nd best team in the conference and they just got dispatched 4-1
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,274

Post#79 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:04 pm

The Nuggets are probably just bored playing that LA team they clearly know are better. They didn’t have to play with up most effort and still won 4-1 because they knew they didn’t have to.
aka: prorl
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,952

Post#80 » by Quattro » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:05 pm

gabri3l3 wrote:The lakers are the 2nd best team in the conference and they just got dispatched 4-1

As evidenced by their 7th place finish?

Return to The General Board