The Nuggets are nothing special - now and going forward

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,388

Re: The Nuggets are nothing special - now and going forward 

Post#101 » by Lunartic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:50 pm

Silly Nuggets fans the Lakers have finally figured out the blueprint to beating you, game 6 on Thursday will prove it
TheGeneral99
Veteran
And1: 2,950

Post#102 » by TheGeneral99 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:54 pm

Lakers were 24-24 mid-way through the season and finished the season with a 23-9 record.

This was a good Lakers team with a completely healthy Lebron and AD.

Anyways, this Nuggets team reminds me a lot of the Duncan led Spurs teams. I don't think they will win every year but they will be elite almost every season with a chance to make a run at the title. I'm confident that Jokic ends up with at least 3 titles when it's all said and done if he's able to stay healthy and play into his mid-30s.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,533

Post#103 » by nbafan38 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:55 pm

ScrantonBulls wrote:Sorry for beating a dead horse and making a thread about my random thoughts, but people are still picking them as favorites. The Nuggets are barely handling the 7th seed Lakers who can't shoot 3s. I know it's 3-1, but the Lakers have lead for far more minutes during this series. Without Murray playing way above his head and like a superstar, the team isn't that special. Jokic is basically God, but it's a team game. They are going to really struggle against the better teams in the west.

I see this as a problem though forward for this team. Murray isn't THAT good, MPJ has injury concerns. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nugs don't win another championship with this roster.

Are they the greatest team ever no? Are they really good and the deserved favorite to win it all yes. The lakers were not a real 7th seed and if anything were great prep for the nuggets to make a deep run imo.
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 999

Post#104 » by ScrantonBulls » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:01 pm

nbafan38 wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:Sorry for beating a dead horse and making a thread about my random thoughts, but people are still picking them as favorites. The Nuggets are barely handling the 7th seed Lakers who can't shoot 3s. I know it's 3-1, but the Lakers have lead for far more minutes during this series. Without Murray playing way above his head and like a superstar, the team isn't that special. Jokic is basically God, but it's a team game. They are going to really struggle against the better teams in the west.

I see this as a problem though forward for this team. Murray isn't THAT good, MPJ has injury concerns. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nugs don't win another championship with this roster.

Are they the greatest team ever no? Are they really good and the deserved favorite to win it all yes. The lakers were not a real 7th seed and if anything were great prep for the nuggets to make a deep run imo.

How were they not a real 7th seed? LeBron and AD were healthy the majority of the year, and they still could only get the 7th seed.
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,371

Post#105 » by Saul Goodman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:14 pm

Their top 4 is as dangerous and well fitting as any in the league. Their depth though is non existent. I don’t know if they have the size and depth to beat a fully healthy and confident Minnesota team but it will be a war
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,849

Post#106 » by cgf » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:43 pm

Sharkboy242 wrote:Lakers are better than their regular season record suggests. Pretty sure they'd easily be the 2nd beast team in the East, and that's giving Boston more credit than they deserve.

The lakers are so over-rated, they're no better than Philly.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,911

Post#107 » by Sharkboy242 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:15 pm

cgf wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:Lakers are better than their regular season record suggests. Pretty sure they'd easily be the 2nd beast team in the East, and that's giving Boston more credit than they deserve.

Lol nah you're straight up delusional if you think this.

This is the opinion of someone who doesn't know the difference between regular season and playoff ball. The Lakers aren't built for the regular season.
cgf
RealGM

Post#108 » by cgf » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:03 pm

Sharkboy242 wrote:
cgf wrote:

This is the opinion of someone who doesn't know the difference between regular season and playoff ball. The Lakers aren't built for the regular season.

Is this where I respond with a childish comment about how you need to listen to ESPN less? Or can we actually discuss why we disagree like grown-ups? Cause it sure doesn't look like the Lakers are built for the playoffs anymore, either. Outside of punking an immature Memphis team that just didn't have the size...especially after losing their caveman...
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 605

Post#109 » by donkki » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:24 pm

CIN-C-STAR wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:
donkki wrote:Denver relies heavily on their starting five. That and considering how Minnesota can eliminate their main weapons Murray (Edwards) and Jokic (Gobert, Towns, Reid) I would expect Minnesota to completely expose and beat them.

...You make it sound like the nuggets are the ones who lost 4-1 to the wolves last year and the wolves won the title. The wolves are a great team and it should be a tough series, but casually using the words "eliminate" and "expose" regarding arguably the best player in the league is hilarious.

Yeah saying Karl Anthony-Towns is gonna "eliminate" Jokic's offense is a sig worthy display of casual commentary if there ever was one :lol:

The point with Towns was that, unlike the Lakers, the Wolves have many bigs to throw at Jokic. That will already make some difference.
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,887

Post#110 » by SK21209 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:44 pm

TheGeneral99 wrote:Lakers were 24-24 mid-way through the season and finished the season with a 23-9 record.

This was a good Lakers team with a completely healthy Lebron and AD.

Anyways, this Nuggets team reminds me a lot of the Duncan led Spurs teams. I don't think they will win every year but they will be elite almost every season with a chance to make a run at the title. I'm confident that Jokic ends up with at least 3 titles when it's all said and done if he's able to stay healthy and play into his mid-30s.

They remind me a lot of those Spurs teams too. They're going to play to an 8.5/10 level every year for like 5-6 years, and like the mid-2000s I don't think there are any historically great teams in the league right now. None of those individual Spurs championship teams (03, 05, 07, I'm not counting 14 in this) felt inevitable in those seasons, but there were no other historically great teams in the league those years so they won.
Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,911

Post#111 » by Sharkboy242 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:49 pm

cgf wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Is this where I respond with a childish comment about how you need to listen to ESPN less? Or can we actually discuss why we disagree like grown-ups? Cause it sure doesn't look like the Lakers are built for the playoffs anymore, either. Outside of punking an immature Memphis team that just didn't have the size...especially after losing their caveman...

Remind me, when is the last time Philly made it out of the 2nd round in a much weaker conference? Pile on the excuses pal but facts are facts. When it comes down to it, AD and Lebron are still a force that will give virtually every team a hard time. Just because they cant try hard in the regular season doesn't mean they suck.
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#112 » by zero rings » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:51 pm

The Nuggets will be in the championship mix as long as they have Jokic and a healthy supporting cast.

That said, the dynasty talk is way over the top. This team has no depth, and they don’t even have a reliable second star. They’re at least one piece short of being a dynastic team.
cgf
RealGM

Post#113 » by cgf » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:01 pm

Sharkboy242 wrote:
cgf wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:Lol nah you're straight up delusional if you think this.

Remind me, when is the last time Philly made it out of the 2nd round in a much weaker conference? Pile on the excuses pal but facts are facts. When it comes down to it, AD and Lebron are still a force that will give virtually every team a hard time. Just because they cant try hard in the regular season doesn't mean they suck.

Never. But they're still no worse than the lakers this season. Denver f***ed around because they knew they had the lakers beat at every moment of this series, which is why the scores were so close. But LA still wasn't in Denver's stratosphere.

And the conference's aren't as different as some make it seem. The main gap is the west has stronger 9th/10th seed teams but the top 8s in each conference are pretty close.

chudak
Senior
And1: 334

Post#114 » by chudak » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:01 pm

dygaction wrote:Lakers would have easily won if these games were 24 min instead of 48 each.

Lakers are actually leading 6-4 in half games making them the current half game champions
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,061

Post#115 » by Drakeem » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:24 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
vxmike wrote:
Biff wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Lebron and AD played GREAT and Nuggets still beat them 4-1. Put down the pipe.

The Lakers only had 2.5 players this series. Reaves is the only other guy who bothered to show up.

They will deny this and just say Murray sucked even tho he hit 2 game winners lmao
Both things can be right btw.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,174
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#116 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:26 pm

ScrantonBulls wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:

How were they not a real 7th seed? LeBron and AD were healthy the majority of the year, and they still could only get the 7th seed.

They weren’t a real 7th seed. They were the 8th seed by record :lol:

The Lakers ended up in the 7th spot(8th by actual record) after getting 71, 76, 82, 76 and 68 games from their 5 best players.

In the last 4 years they have finished 7th, 11th, 7th, 8th by record. This is a mediocre, bottom seed barely squeaking in playoff team for almost half a decade, and people are still pretending it’s an elite contender and just getting a bad shake every year.

It’s been a long time since they were actually good.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,617

Post#117 » by youngthegiant » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:28 pm

I think the Lakers were severely underrated by how much Denver has beat them. Lebron and AD were fully healthy in that series and Denver still beat them in 5...We'll see how Denver looks against the Wolves but my theory is that Lakers were equivalent or better than the Wolves/OKC/Mavs/Clippers.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,078

Post#118 » by Exp0sed » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:34 pm

nomansland wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
famicommander wrote:I don't think Jamal Murray and KCP will shoot poorly forever. I think

[/url]

Not gonna go into all of your post, I agree with some of it, disagree with other parts.

But the one thing, the one thing Reggie Jackson does well is handle the ball. Streaky shooter, selfish at times, bad defender, old, sure, but he can handle the ball very well still.

I guess I can agree with that but either way if ur forced to play Reggie u have other problems anyway
Reggie handles the ball ok but he doesn't do well when say, stuck in a corner, blitsed by a couple of long defenders etc, he's pretty prone to delievering errant passes in such circumstences but yes, he can handle the ball fine

problem is the Nuggets will need lineups with Braun and Watson on the floor as well (for other purposes mostly defensively) and those two are pretty poor ball handlers under duress and Minny is really putting some atg pressure on the ball from what i've seen all season long and vs. PHX

it's going to be an issue for the Nuggets in this series, imo
we'll find out soon enough, two best teams in the West head to head, pretty cool :)
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,078

Post#119 » by Exp0sed » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:43 pm

youngthegiant wrote:I think the Lakers were severely underrated by how much Denver has beat them. Lebron and AD were fully healthy in that series and Denver still beat them in 5...We'll see how Denver looks against the Wolves but my theory is that Lakers were equivalent or better than the Wolves/OKC/Mavs/Clippers.

not even close, Lakers had Hachimura, D-Lo and Reaves in the starting lineup...
neither would be a starter for the Wolves

Wolves are much better team than the Lakers. Lakers also have a braindead coach and their cohesion is pretty middling
Wolves have more talent, all their best players are in their primes apart from ANT who hasn't reached his Apex yet but is better than both this version of AD and LBJ and Conley, who obviously is on the tail end of his career

the Lakers second best player is almost 40..if the Lakers had an extra day of rest before game 5 maybe they eek out that win
the Wolves are bigger, better, more talented and have a championship level of effort and team cohesion

not even close between the two imo..

we'll find out soon :)
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 678

Post#120 » by Chessboxer » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:22 pm

They are VERY good. They are extremely difficult to beat as they are poised, determined, well coached. I think they will win the title as they have more experience than the Wolves and I view the Celtics as a pretenders. I think those are their two biggest threats. However, people need to stop acting like they are the 96 Bulls. They are not unbeatable. I honestly cant wait until they are dethroned because I cant stand Jokics arrogant condescending fanbase, posting threads about him everyday, and belittling past greats his contemporaries. It also doesnt help that Jokic might be the most uncharismatic, boring #1 ranked player in NBA Ive seen.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan

Return to The General Board