2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (Series tied 3-3)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the WCFs?

Nuggets
56%
Wolves
44%

Total votes: 84

GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,241

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 2-0) 

Post#3721 » by GopherIt! » Tue May 7, 2024 6:24 am

Wolves new playoff strategy: Have DPOY stay home and pop out another kid quick.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,869

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 2-0) 

Post#3722 » by Johnny Firpo » Tue May 7, 2024 6:26 am

If the refs allow this kind of physicality - and I'm not saying that's right or wrong, it doesn't matter what I think - not only the Nuggets are toast and probably getting swept, but OKC/Mavs are toast too, and I think even the Celtics. They are not built for this with their three point spamming and not attacking the rim. Even if they match that physicality, their offense is simply not built for this. It will very interesting if the reffing baseline changes from series to series, because that can definitely determine who can win this year. I feel every series have different rule sets in place, or is it just me?
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,845

Post#3723 » by AleksandarN » Tue May 7, 2024 6:29 am

Ok this is funny. I needed a much needed laugh.

Read on Twitter
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,961

Post#3724 » by Chuck Everett » Tue May 7, 2024 6:34 am

lambchop wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:
picc wrote:Severe overreactive question:

What do the Wolves need Gobert for again?

If KAT had got into foul trouble (which is always a possibility) and it was a heavy dose of Naz and Kyle Anderson for 30+ minutes, the results of the game might not have been so lopsided. Gobert's presence also allows them to play even more aggressive because you've got 6 more fouls on top of his elite rim protection/paint deterrence.

As long as KCP and Murray are shooting like crap, there will be no clean looks for MPJ either. Minnesota is right there on the catch for almost every shot he takes.

This. It also means the perimeter dudes can funnel everyone to the basket.

Minnesota tries really, really hard not to do that though. That's the old Utah defense that struggled to get stops in the playoffs. Minnesota wings/guards move their feet and fight over screens. You have to beat them with the pass and off ball movement, not trying to dribble around all that length. Those guys have active hands.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Ralof
Pro Prospect
And1: 514

Post#3725 » by Ralof » Tue May 7, 2024 6:36 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:How long do we have until Lakers start their talk AD for Ant trade scenarios?

I’m sure we’ll hear ESPN bring up fantasy scenarios of if Edwards was in a Laker uniform how amazing that would be.

It's time for media's debate on "where Edwards should play,LA or NY"??
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,392

Post#3726 » by durden_tyler » Tue May 7, 2024 6:37 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:If the refs allow this kind of physicality - and I'm not saying that's right or wrong, it doesn't matter what I think - not only the Nuggets are toast and probably getting swept, but OKC/Mavs are toast too, and I think even the Celtics. They are not built for this with their three point spamming and not attacking the rim. Even if they match that physicality, their offense is simply not built for this. It will very interesting if the reffing baseline changes from series to series, because that can definitely determine who can win this year. I feel every series have different rule sets in place, or is it just me?

It’s just you. Dallas can and will play the same level of physicality. So can Boston. Thunder, not sure. So that’s 3 teams capable and one of them will win the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
KGDirkTD_Fan
Senior
And1: 531

Post#3728 » by KGDirkTD_Fan » Tue May 7, 2024 6:45 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:If the refs allow this kind of physicality - and I'm not saying that's right or wrong, it doesn't matter what I think - not only the Nuggets are toast and probably getting swept, but OKC/Mavs are toast too, and I think even the Celtics. They are not built for this with their three point spamming and not attacking the rim. Even if they match that physicality, their offense is simply not built for this. It will very interesting if the reffing baseline changes from series to series, because that can definitely determine who can win this year. I feel every series have different rule sets in place, or is it just me?

It seems like to me there has been a point made for the refs to make less calls/swallow the whistle in a manner that makes physicality/defenses more balanced I suppose. The Cavs-Orlando series was very physical, Knicks-Sixers, Mavs-Clippers, obviously this one as well. How many volume scorers are actually scoring at a decent %?

Obviously talented offensive players will struggle if they aren't used to it, especially since in the past the benefit of the whistle wasn't just free throws or whatever but you get too much space. Nobody wanted to put their #1 and #2 offensive option out to play defense to go get a quick foul because of a harden-esque arm hook.

I honestly enjoy it, it's an aspect of the game I missed since the 3pt revolution.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,505

Post#3729 » by BlacJacMac » Tue May 7, 2024 6:45 am

Ralof wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:How long do we have until Lakers start their talk AD for Ant trade scenarios?

I’m sure we’ll hear ESPN bring up fantasy scenarios of if Edwards was in a Laker uniform how amazing that would be.

It's time for media's debate on "where Edwards should play,LA or NY"??

Tom Kludt recently wrote an in-depth article about Edwards for Vanity Fair, covering everything from Edwards’ growing superstar to his childhood to his controversies. Near the end of the article, Kludt covers the popularity of super teams popping up in large markets, with star players being lured by the bright lights of the big cities. But Kludt writes that “Edwards doesn’t appear to be wired that way.”

Edwards told Kludt that the bright lights of New York and Los Angeles are “cool” but "they ain't better than Minnesota." Rather than join up with other superstars elsewhere, Edwards would like to bring a championship to the Twin Cities.

“Hell yeah, I ain’t going nowhere,” Edwards is quoted in the Vanity Fair piece as saying. “As long as they don’t trade me, we good.”

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/timberwolves/anthony-edwards-new-york-l-a-aint-better-than-minnesota#
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,561

Post#3730 » by eyeatoma » Tue May 7, 2024 6:50 am

Read on Twitter
?t=8DRQjwZaG-YQYLa18u17BQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
TheFire
Senior
And1: 1,041

Post#3731 » by TheFire » Tue May 7, 2024 6:52 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lol I dont know man. They beat a ton of all stars. Hell they even beat this Wolves team.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#3732 » by eyeatoma » Tue May 7, 2024 6:54 am

TheFire wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lol I dont know man. They beat a ton of all stars. Hell they even beat this Wolves team.

You can have all stars, but if your team is not gelling for most of the season, you're not a good team.

I was suprised about the Wolves. They actually held up well, then McDaniels punched a fire hydrant, and it all went downhill.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM

Post#3733 » by Johnny Firpo » Tue May 7, 2024 6:56 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Awww, bless your heart. How is Embiid doing btw, what do you think about the semifinal chances this year?
Johnny Firpo
RealGM

Post#3734 » by Johnny Firpo » Tue May 7, 2024 6:57 am

durden_tyler wrote:

It’s just you. Dallas can and will play the same level of physicality. So can Boston. Thunder, not sure. So that’s 3 teams capable and one of them will win the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can they though? Do you think that every roster is built for playing the most physical brand of basketball?
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#3735 » by eyeatoma » Tue May 7, 2024 6:59 am

Read on Twitter

Nuggets are entitled and sour as ****. Murray throws a heating pad on the court, and then makes a $$$ to the official. I mean yeah they are on the take, still can't do that.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#3736 » by eyeatoma » Tue May 7, 2024 7:00 am

Read on Twitter
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#3737 » by eyeatoma » Tue May 7, 2024 7:01 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Awww, bless your heart. How is Embiid doing btw, what do you think about the semifinal chances this year?

Embiid would have been fine if the refs didn't gift the Knicks the series. Just like they're doing against the Pacers now.
Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 581

Post#3738 » by Gregoire » Tue May 7, 2024 7:19 am

Gentlemen sweep here.

Final Min-Bos will go 7 games.
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them.
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan
AEnigma wrote:
Jordan is not as smart a help defender as Kidd
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,666

Post#3739 » by nomansland » Tue May 7, 2024 7:24 am

Well, looks like it's Minnesota's year. I picked them in 6 in this series but it won't even go that far. Good thing I stopped internalizing sports results. Nice job, Twolves, hope you break your streak just like the Nuggets did.
dirkdiggler4177
Rookie
And1: 1,313

Post#3740 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Tue May 7, 2024 7:27 am

Mavs are allowed to do a couple of things themself. Just look at this play, not that it is physical, but Lively got his hand on his back the whole play and pushed him in the back. I like it though, I just hope Doncic is able to adjust.

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2024/05/01/0042300175/82/8893f2cb-0798-f387-9eb8-4d3179da5d03_1280x720.mp4

Return to The General Board