2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (Series tied 3-3)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the WCFs?

Nuggets
54%
Wolves
46%

Total votes: 81

Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,570

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 2-0) 

Post#3701 » by Mk0 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:52 am

The dropped a pallette of casamigos at the studio?
Are they trying to kill Chuck?
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 609

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 2-0) 

Post#3702 » by donkki » Tue May 7, 2024 5:53 am

Denver already being down all four games at the half against the Lakers showed that this year's Nuggets roster is flawed and certainly beatable. So not a big suprise to see Minnesota up 2-0.
Mk0
RealGM

Post#3703 » by Mk0 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:54 am

Ckay wrote:Kerr's influence among coaches.

In Malone's defense he covered his bases by not watching the game
Mk0
RealGM

Post#3704 » by Mk0 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:56 am

homecourtloss wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:Through 2 games, Malone and the Nuggets haven't found ANYTHING that works against the Wolves. Not a single thing on either end.

It’s just really strange to see a team as good as Denver run into this. They have a difficult time just going on 4-0 runs because they can’t get ic seductive stops and score on consecutive trips.

Minny's offense is too erotic. Can't be slowed down by Denver's seduction defense.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,842

Post#3705 » by AleksandarN » Tue May 7, 2024 5:57 am

I think this pisses me off even more. He bailed out on the post game interview tonight. Man up this is sad. Own your **** injuries or not

Read on Twitter
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,247

Post#3706 » by TheAlchemist » Tue May 7, 2024 5:59 am

MagicMamba88 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It’s been a tough week.

Leafs lost.
Drizzy lost.
Jamal throwing it in. Sheesh
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,323

Post#3707 » by Jedi32 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:59 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:How long do we have until Lakers start their talk AD for Ant trade scenarios?

Your team is down 0-2, losing both home games, and you're posting about espn and the Lakers? Wow :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seems you should be more concerned with that can of whoop A$$ the wolves have seemed to open up in Denver.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,134

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#3708 » by The Moose » Tue May 7, 2024 6:02 am

The Moose wrote:I’ve got Nuggets in 5

whoops :lol:
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,905

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 1-0) 

Post#3709 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Tue May 7, 2024 6:06 am

Chuck Everett wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:
Spot on. For Minnesota, after next season (2024/25) Reid and NAW can be free agents. This build with this specific group can only really exist for 2-3 years before they have to make moves on the margins. However, if my three guys are Ant, KAT and Rudy, I like my chances.

Of course, and that's the case with most teams flirting with contention. Celtics have Tatum, Brown and Porzingis making like 115m next season and that's before Tatum's supermax happens. Jrue and Horford are probably gone or retire, and Derrick White will be difficult to keep beyond next season. They'll probably have to decide between White and Porz, unless one or both of them take a big paycut. Even then, the roster 5-10 will be piecemealed together. OKC will have the same problem in 2-3 years.

I think it's good that the cap squeezes good teams. It should be hard to win multiple titles. I love the parity.

They just signed Jrue to a 3-year extension worth 30 million annual. Boston's tax bill will be ridiculous, but I think they are desperate to win a title. I get it.

Ownership have also said they’re seeing it as a six year period that they’re willing to pay.

If they really mean it, second apron won’t stop them re-signing White to whatever and keeping everyone they already have.

Time will tell though and dependent on whether they perform to the level worth paying for…nothing is guaranteed and these top west teams are serious.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,842

Post#3710 » by AleksandarN » Tue May 7, 2024 6:07 am

You know what is sad that they had Justine freaken Holiday up on the podium answering questions no other team leader other than Jokic answered questions. That’s loser mentality. Where is MPJ? Where is AG? Man the **** up
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,278

Post#3711 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue May 7, 2024 6:07 am

Jedi32 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:How long do we have until Lakers start their talk AD for Ant trade scenarios?

Your team is down 0-2, losing both home games, and you're posting about espn and the Lakers? Wow :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seems you should be more concerned with that can of whoop A$$ the wolves have seemed to open up in Denver.

My team is the Nets and we’re not down 0-2 :D

And my favorite player is Lonnie Walker the fourth that we stole from the Lakers and he gonna will us to victory next season
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,186

Post#3712 » by picc » Tue May 7, 2024 6:08 am

Severe overreactive question:

What do the Wolves need Gobert for again?
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,323

Post#3713 » by Jedi32 » Tue May 7, 2024 6:11 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:

My team is the Nets and we’re not down 0-2 :D

And my favorite player is Lonnie Walker the fourth that we stole from the Lakers and he gonna will us to victory next season

Got you confused with another poster. My apologies.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#3714 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue May 7, 2024 6:13 am

AleksandarN wrote:You know what is sad that they had Justine freaken Holiday up on the podium answering questions no other team leader other than Jokic answered questions. That’s loser mentality. Where is MPJ? Where is AG? Man the **** up

There is nothing to say really , other than show up in game 3 , it’s a tough situation, I think the players is in a little shock themselves
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,957

Post#3715 » by Chuck Everett » Tue May 7, 2024 6:16 am

picc wrote:Severe overreactive question:

If KAT had gotten into foul trouble (which is always a possibility) and it was a heavy dose of Naz and Kyle Anderson for 30+ minutes, the results of the game might not have been so lopsided. Gobert's presence also allows them to play even more aggressive because you've got 6 more fouls on top of his elite rim protection/paint deterrence.

As long as KCP and Murray are shooting like crap, there will be no clean looks for MPJ either. Minnesota is right there on the catch for almost every shot he takes.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#3716 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue May 7, 2024 6:20 am

The Moose wrote:
The Moose wrote:I’ve got Nuggets in 5

:D
whoops :lol:

I’m still alive , I had nuggets in 6 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,957

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 1-0) 

Post#3717 » by Chuck Everett » Tue May 7, 2024 6:21 am

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:
Of course, and that's the case with most teams flirting with contention. Celtics have Tatum, Brown and Porzingis making like 115m next season and that's before Tatum's supermax happens. Jrue and Horford are probably gone or retire, and Derrick White will be difficult to keep beyond next season. They'll probably have to decide between White and Porz, unless one or both of them take a big paycut. Even then, the roster 5-10 will be piecemealed together. OKC will have the same problem in 2-3 years.

I think it's good that the cap squeezes good teams. It should be hard to win multiple titles. I love the parity.

They just signed Jrue to a 3-year extension worth 30 million annual. Boston's tax bill will be ridiculous, but I think they are desperate to win a title. I get it.

Ownership have also said they’re seeing it as a six year period that they’re willing to pay.

If they really mean it, second apron won’t stop them re-signing White to whatever and keeping everyone they already have.

Time will tell though and dependent on whether they perform to the level worth paying for…nothing is guaranteed and these top west teams are serious.

I believe Wyck and the owners as well. However, I think they would prefer to win it all this year (I mean duh, right?). If they come up short and then have to hand Tatum a supermax and White a raise, it will be very tough sledding. Celtics are in a lowkey interesting spot. They have to win the title, but I remain skeptical, especially if KP can't make it through this run in one piece.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,333

Post#3718 » by lambchop » Tue May 7, 2024 6:22 am

Chuck Everett wrote:

If KAT had got into foul trouble (which is always a possibility) and it was a heavy dose of Naz and Kyle Anderson for 30+ minutes, the results of the game might not have been so lopsided. Gobert's presence also allows them to play even more aggressive because you've got 6 more fouls on top of his elite rim protection/paint deterrence.

As long as KCP and Murray are shooting like crap, there will be no clean looks for MPJ either. Minnesota is right there on the catch for almost every shot he takes.

This. It also means the perimeter dudes can funnel everyone to the basket.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,186

Post#3719 » by picc » Tue May 7, 2024 6:23 am

Chuck Everett wrote:

If KAT had got into foul trouble (which is always a possibility) and it was a heavy dose of Naz and Kyle Anderson for 30+ minutes, the results of the game might not have been so lopsided. Gobert's presence also allows them to play even more aggressive because you've got 6 more fouls on top of his elite rim protection/paint deterrence.

Yeah I get it. Hell of a security blanket.

I'd be interested in seeing them for an extended time without him though. If they could replicate 85% of what they did tonight....
FreeBird23
Junior
And1: 1,040

Post#3720 » by FreeBird23 » Tue May 7, 2024 6:24 am

He is the one who teach his teammates how to play defense.
The students still need their master

Return to The General Board