2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (Series tied 3-3)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the WCFs?

Nuggets
55%
Wolves
45%

Total votes: 80

TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,668

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 1-0) 

Post#1741 » by TimberKat » Sun May 5, 2024 6:57 pm

benhillboy wrote:
mademan wrote:Edwards will get all the glory, and while he was amazing and Towns and Naz had big moments, Gobert's defense continues to be the story, imo. Im not gonna go so far as to call him the Wolves MVP this postseason, but the conversation should be a lot closer than it is. Dude has been absolutely fantastic and a lot of people are gonna be eating crow soon (or should be now) saying he couldnt perform in the playoffs.

I never cared for Gobert: it was a combination of weird intangibles that led to lackluster team chemistry, his horrible FT shooting, poor fluidity, stones for hands, 0 playmaking ability, and lousy finishing.

Now he’s sporting a +28.8 on/off, the only Wolves player in the playoffs with a positive off court value, and it’s easy to see why (Jaden second at 18.6, Ant Man third at 12.9) He’s better than he’s ever been defensively which is crazy and this team chemistry simply fits him to a T, I give Conley a lot of credit for being that buffer. Most impressive is Gobert’s FT % jump from 64 in the regular season to a whopping 88 in the playoffs. Much like Lively, Jones Jr, Green, and Gafford have virtually forced Luka and Kyrie to become better defenders through osmosis, Conley, SLo Mo, Jaden, and largely Gobert have helped turned Ant into a defensive monster through communication and play. Not a stretch at all to say Gobert is the MVP so far. Having to argue over two guys for that honor is a wonderful problem for Wolves fans to have. The comradely and awesome team building with no duplication outside of Alexander Walker and McDaniels (whose combination basically gives you an elite 3 & D player) has been a joy to watch all season.

I can arguably tell you when the Wolves turned a corner. They gave up a huge lead in a loss to the Atlanta Hawks (!) early in the season. I believe they had a players only meeting after that game (that thankfully the media didn’t know about lol) and haven’t really looked back.

It took a year to develop the chemistry and Ant's passing to Gobert is still a work in progress. The national audience and TNT analysts are finally watching how Twolves plays. A couple notable comments by Kenny: "Gobert made Towns better, playing better defense" and "Gobert actually could guard out to the perimeter, not just drop defense". Many Wolves fans been saying that for over a year that Gobert/Towns/Naz could actually work.
Dan33185
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,180

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 1-0) 

Post#1742 » by Dan33185 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:01 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
Yeah, for like the last 5 games :lol:

I don’t think we can already call him better than Luka. Luka for his career has been a killer in the playoffs. He’s definitely on his way though. I know people are excited right now, but people need to slow it down a bit

Just say you haven't watched any Wolves games this year before the playoffs :lol:

You think Ant has been better than Luka this entire year? Just not true. He’s been better so far in the playoffs, but he is not better than Luka, sorry. Feel free to make a great point, but don’t boil it down to “you haven’t watched any Wolves games”

Where did I say that?
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,276

Post#1743 » by KyRo23 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:02 pm

Dan33185 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:
Just say you haven't watched any Wolves games this year before the playoffs :lol:

You think Ant has been better than Luka this entire year? Just not true. He’s been better so far in the playoffs, but he is not better than Luka, sorry. Feel free to make a great point, but don’t boil it down to “you haven’t watched any Wolves games”

Where did I say that?

Did you even read my post? I said he’s been better than Luka for the last 5 games… overall he hasn’t been. Cmon man
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,046

Post#1744 » by BelgradeNugget » Sun May 5, 2024 7:03 pm

Quentin wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:
thinktank wrote:
How do we know?

It’s all on camera. He didn’t say a word.

BS call. 100%.

Do you have camera angle with his face when he was looking at KCP or just back? If you do please share.

The ref that called the tech had the same angle as the camera we have all seen and was no less than 30 feet from the play.

No, the one that called it was right there, few feet away from him and Jackson. Ant was turned to him with his face, camera was behind.
EDIT my mistake, double chacked, it was the other one, you were right
Dan33185
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,180

Post#1745 » by Dan33185 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:05 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

Where did I say that?

Did you even read my post? I said he’s been better than Luka for the last 5 games… overall he hasn’t been. Cmon man

There's a lot of space between the last 5 games and the whole season. To say he's only been better than Luka the last 5 games is just false. To say he's been better than Luka the entire season is also false. Ant has been better than Luka at a lot of points throughout the season, and vice versa.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran

Post#1746 » by BelgradeNugget » Sun May 5, 2024 7:06 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:
Quentin wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:Do you have camera angle with his face when he was looking at KCP or just back? If you do please share.

The ref that called the tech had the same angle as the camera we have all seen and was no less than 30 feet from the play.

No, the one that called it was right there, few feet away from him and Jackson. Ant was turned to him with his face, camera was behind
Edit: my mistake. Double chacked. You were right
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,276

Post#1747 » by KyRo23 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:06 pm

Dan33185 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:
Where did I say that?

There's a lot of space between the last 5 games and the whole season. To say he's only been better than Luka the last 5 games is just false. To say he's been better than Luka the entire season is also false. Ant has been better than Luka at a lot of points throughout the season, and vice versa.

What are we even talking about here? For the playoffs he’s been better. For the season he has not been. So what else is there? Arguing for the sake of arguing, my lord.
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,419

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#1748 » by CodeBreaker » Sun May 5, 2024 7:11 pm

bledredwine wrote:Jokic is amazing, man.

I'm so lucky.

Denver has been my 2nd favorite team since rookie Melo,
Luka has been my favorite player and last year Antman entered the conversation, for obvious reasons/resemblance.

All of these exciting players are duking it out now. Unfortunately, Luka is not himself.

Luka vs Ant in the WCF - battle for the face of the league
BelgradeNugget
Veteran

Post#1749 » by BelgradeNugget » Sun May 5, 2024 7:16 pm

Rudy Gobert: I've Never Been Part Of A Group That Cares About Each Other

The Minnesota Timberwolves were clearly pleased with their Game 1 victory over the Denver Nuggets. Timberwolves center Rudy Gobert says a lot of that is driven by how much the team pulls for each other to succeed.

"I’ve never been part of a group that understands each other, that cares about each other and wants to see each other shine. In this league, it’s not something that you find very often," Gobert said.

Gobert said that that the Wolves "love and trust each other" and that helps them overcome adversity, like falling behind at points against the Nuggets. The veteran center said that the process of growing together was a team was something that started last year for Minnesota, and that they've built upon it this year.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,673

Post#1750 » by bisme37 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:41 pm

Read on Twitter
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,215

Post#1751 » by Wolfgang630 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:43 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The wolf attacking joker is hilarious lol
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,058

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#1752 » by bledredwine » Sun May 5, 2024 7:50 pm

CodeBreaker wrote:

I'm so lucky.

Luka has been my favorite player and last year Antman entered the conversation, for obvious reasons/resemblance.

All of these exciting players are duking it out now. Unfortunately, Luka is not himself.

I would love that. Luka was my favorite player and Ant has started to become my favorite player.

Wemby is up there as well.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,419

Post#1753 » by CodeBreaker » Sun May 5, 2024 7:51 pm

bledredwine wrote:
CodeBreaker wrote:

I'm so lucky.

I would love that. Luka was my favorite player and Ant has started to become my favorite player.

Those 3 would be the LeBron/Curry/Durant in 3-4 years.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,793

Post#1754 » by Slim Tubby » Sun May 5, 2024 8:06 pm

With his goggles on, Reggie Jackson looks like the bug AND the windshield.

Important win for the Wolves if they are going to get by the Champs. I'm trying to have a grudge against DEN for this series as a Wolves fan but they have too much class as an organization...like their fans.

Go Wolves!!!

Sent from my N152DL using RealGM mobile app
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,107

Post#1755 » by tmorgan » Sun May 5, 2024 8:09 pm

CodeBreaker wrote:
bledredwine wrote:
CodeBreaker wrote:Luka vs Ant in the WCF - battle for the face of the league

Those 3 would be the LeBron/Curry/Durant in 3-4 years.

Not to derail, but Wemby isn’t gonna be anybody we’ve ever seen before.

That doesn’t make him the future GOAT or the best player in the league or anything like that automatically, but he’s entirely unique as a player. Just fascinating.
Wolfgang630
RealGM

Post#1756 » by Wolfgang630 » Sun May 5, 2024 8:09 pm

Now Denver gotta win one in Minnesota…
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,668

Post#1757 » by TimberKat » Sun May 5, 2024 8:21 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The wolf attacking joker is hilarious lol

Jokic, that is not a pony :D
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,590

Post#1758 » by jkvonny » Sun May 5, 2024 8:36 pm

Charlesareed wrote:So hypothetically if minny was to beat Denver can they actually beat the Boston Celtics in a 7 game series ???

Probably.

Esp if Boston stays stuck shooting a bunch of 3s.
MrBigShot
RealGM

Post#1759 » by MrBigShot » Sun May 5, 2024 8:55 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Ant is great but let's not forget about Luka/Shai and mostly Wemby before saying that he's the next face of the league. Likely the best american player though.

He's flat out been better than them all so far. This is the biggest stage and the most important time of the year, and Ant has delivered everything and more.

Yeah, for like the last 5 games :lol:

I don’t think we can already call him better than Luka. Luka for his career has been a killer in the playoffs. He’s definitely on his way though. I know people are excited right now, but people need to slow it down a bit

Which is why I stated "so far"

Yeah it is 5 games but single one matters and his performance in them a lot more weight than a typical 5 game stretch. Plenty of playoff games left to play. Luka and SGA will both have their chance to prove who is the best perimeter player.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,537

Post#1760 » by nbafan38 » Mon May 6, 2024 12:05 am

I'll admit I was wrong so far about this series. It's still only one game but Minnesota is legit and nuggets don't seem like they have that second gear especially with a hobbled Murray.

Return to The General Board