2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (Series tied 3-3)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the WCFs?

Nuggets
60%
Wolves
40%

Total votes: 68

Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,803

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 1-0) 

Post#1601 » by Pointgod » Sun May 5, 2024 2:18 am

Has KAT always been so clueless on defense? The guy just has defensive lapse after defensive laspe
wablty
Sixth Man
And1: 1,084

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 1-0) 

Post#1602 » by wablty » Sun May 5, 2024 2:19 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
lambchop wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:Denver was the better team for 42 minutes tonight. Don't be fooled.

But you're gonna lose playoff games when you score 2 points in the first 6 minutes of play. If they figured out the start, they win this game wire to wire.

They needed this loss. Ant was great, but God damn, can we chill with the MJ ****?

Denver probably regains homecourt on the road, and closes it out, imo. But man, as a Celtic fan, I'm kinda hoping the Wolves pull this out. Whether it's this series, or the finals, they aren't winning it all this year imo

Na fam, they were the better team, the same way the Lakers were the better team for the majority of the games and series. Really doesn't mean anything. Some games are simply decided towards the end and that's when the Nuggets broke down on defense, despite still making shots on offense.

Denver scored 2 points in the first 6 minutes.

Wolves shot 70% in the second half.

They won by single digits lol

Minnesota went up 11 with a buck and a half left. That's pretty much GG. Trimming it a little doesn't change that barring miracle 3 barrage or stupidity, the game was decisively won.

Does that mean Denver is in great peril and trouble and can't come back from it? Obviously not. They're incredible. This will be a looong series between two teams I suspect are 2 of the best 3 in the league. But the Nuggets got popped in the nose tonight, and need to up their game.

I'd be shocked if the Nuggets don't take the next one.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,596

Post#1603 » by GeorgeSears » Sun May 5, 2024 2:20 am

AleksandarN wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:Very troubling loss. The TWolves made the Nuggets give up. I hadn't seen that all year, but they were broken when Reid hit that banker.

Give up? Lol. So nuggets are mentally weak now lol.

I'm saying they were broken when Reid hit that banker. It was a very physical game for them. Starting 14-2 doesn't help. That 2nd half was just awful to watch.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,569

Post#1604 » by HardenGoat » Sun May 5, 2024 2:20 am

Ant is the best player on the floor but have to give a shout out to Naz Reid. He’s a dog and sets the tone for the team. He’s similar to what Gordon has done for Denver and those players are often the xfactor in a series. He came up big this game. His defense on Jokic was on point and the team as a whole defended really well. I don’t think Murray is fully healthy and that might be the thread that uncoils them.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach

Post#1605 » by GeorgeSears » Sun May 5, 2024 2:21 am

B-easy wrote:Game 2 is must win for Nuggets. Weird to say game 2 is must win but its true.

Well, if you lose game 1 and you have HCA, then game 2 definitely is must win.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,838

Post#1606 » by AleksandarN » Sun May 5, 2024 2:24 am

GeorgeSears wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:Very troubling loss. The TWolves made the Nuggets give up. I hadn't seen that all year, but they were broken when Reid hit that banker.

Give up? Lol. So nuggets are mentally weak now lol.

I'm saying they were broken when Reid hit that banker. It was a very physical game for them. Starting 14-2 doesn't help. That 2nd half was just awful to watch.

I don’t think Nuggets are broken even after that banker. They have been down 3 1 twice in a series and came back. It is one thing I don’t question is their mental fortitude
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,622

Post#1607 » by The High Cyde » Sun May 5, 2024 2:25 am

Minnesota looked like a terror tonight, gutsy ass win. Should be a great series!
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,295

Post#1608 » by Ben-N1ce » Sun May 5, 2024 2:25 am

Denver would be better if Murray wasn't so mid so far in the playoffs
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,555

Post#1609 » by eyeatoma » Sun May 5, 2024 2:25 am

AleksandarN wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Nuggets can do what they want to Edwards apparently.

Such a rigged league. I'm sure they'll call Scott Foster or Tony Brothers for the next game.

Read on Twitter

So ANT the Wolves your favourite player and team now? Lol

Who is talking to you? I can root for other players. Definitely rooting to see when the Nuggets lose.
firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 1,085

Post#1610 » by firedavidkahn » Sun May 5, 2024 2:26 am

Patches Perry wrote:
firedavidkahn wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Ant is great but let's not forget about Luka/Shai and mostly Wemby before saying that he's the next face of the league. Likely the best american player though.

Shai has zero shot of being the face of the NBA. He doesn't have the personality.

I don't really disagree, but "face of the league" is mostly just something fans say to express admiration for players they like, it's not a real thing.

All the best players have endorsements, all of them are faces in their local markets, all of them get positive coverage in national TV games and playoffs. I don't really know what "face of the league" even means in practice. The league learned a hard lesson from MJ not to put all your eggs in one basket, because when MJ retired the league had a few really tough years. The league takes the approach of variety and diversity of talent, and that's how it should be.

All that's true!

But ya ..."face of the league" is just another way of saying who is the most marketable among the best players in the league.

Shai is absolutely deserving and is one of the best players in the league, but he simply isn't as marketable as someone like Ant or Wemby are. Doesn't make him any less of a player at all in any way shape or form.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach

Post#1611 » by GeorgeSears » Sun May 5, 2024 2:27 am

Ben-N1ce wrote:Denver would be better if Murray wasn't so mid so far in the playoffs

His calf has been ailing him and he limped his way in the playoffs. Still, I agree. He should be better.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,954

Post#1612 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun May 5, 2024 2:27 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:I’m a Denver fan we will make adjustments it will go the distance. I’m concerned about Murray’s calf. As a basketball fan it is fun watching ANT and Jokic battle.

That’s the first time I’m not confident in Nuggets repeating, I was last year , this year this Minny team looks solid , will be long 6/7 g series

Either way Champion is in this series

Outside of Celtic hate, can anyone give a genuine reason as to why the Wolves beat the Celtics?

It's such an egregious take. The Celtics are the best defensive team the Wolves will face. They'll struggle to score 100 every single game.

Celtics and Wolves split the season series, each game going to OT.

That's about as close a head-to-head matchup result as you can get. :)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,329

Post#1613 » by ShootersShoot » Sun May 5, 2024 2:27 am

HardenGoat wrote:Ant is the best player on the floor but have to give a shout out to Naz Reid. He’s a dog and sets the tone for the team. He’s similar to what Gordon has done for Denver and those players are often the xfactor in a series. He came up big this game. His defense on Jokic was on point and the team as a whole defended really well. I don’t think Murray is fully healthy and that might be the thread that uncoils them.

Naz is giving starter production off the bench. Hes the one type of piece denver does not have.
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,818

Post#1614 » by TinmanZBoy » Sun May 5, 2024 2:28 am

Such a rigged league. I'm sure they'll call Scott Foster or Tony Brothers for the next game.

Read on Twitter

to be fair, Edwards starts every drible drive with his off hand pushing off defenders...
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,203

Post#1615 » by Wolfgang630 » Sun May 5, 2024 2:30 am

Naz Reid is literally a starter player. Denver’s bench is guys you’d barely play on a championship team
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,892

Post#1616 » by Patches Perry » Sun May 5, 2024 2:31 am

firedavidkahn wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:
firedavidkahn wrote:Shai has zero shot of being the face of the NBA. He doesn't have the personality.

I don't really disagree, but "face of the league" is mostly just something fans say to express admiration for players they like, it's not a real thing.

All the best players have endorsements, all of them are faces in their local markets, all of them get positive coverage in national TV games and playoffs. I don't really know what "face of the league" even means in practice. The league learned a hard lesson from MJ not to put all your eggs in one basket, because when MJ retired the league had a few really tough years. The league takes the approach of variety and diversity of talent, and that's how it should be.

All that's true!

But ya ..."face of the league" is just another way of saying who is the most marketable among the best players in the league.

Shai is absolutely deserving and is one of the best players in the league, but he simply isn't as marketable as someone like Ant or Wemby are. Doesn't make him any less of a player at all in any way shape or form.

Ant obviously has a very appealing charisma about him, and Shai is more quiet, but Jordan was kind of quiet too. And everyone's absolute favorite commercial in these playoffs is Shai serenading them with songs of nostalgia. :D :lol:
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,838

Post#1617 » by AleksandarN » Sun May 5, 2024 2:32 am

eyeatoma wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:

Read on Twitter

So ANT the Wolves your favourite player and team now? Lol

Who is talking to you? I can root for other players. Definitely rooting to see when the Nuggets lose.

Oh you just want to see the Nuggets and Jokic lose. You hate the Nuggets and Jokic that much lol. Man I know you love Embiid but this is sad hoping to see his “rival” fail to go further every year in the playoffs. Are you that broken? Has Embiid playoffs failures broken you that much
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,555

Post#1618 » by eyeatoma » Sun May 5, 2024 2:35 am

AleksandarN wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:So ANT the Wolves your favourite player and team now? Lol

Oh you just want to see the Nuggets and Jokic lose. You hate the Nuggets and Jokic that much lol. Man I know you love Embiid but this is sad hoping to see his “rival” go further every year in the playoffs. Are you that broken? Has Embiid playoffs failures broken you that much

'

Get over yourself. I can root for another team, and hope for certain teams to lose. You want to make it about Embiid that's on you.

Stop derailing the thread.

ANT owns the Nuggets!
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,203

Post#1619 » by Wolfgang630 » Sun May 5, 2024 2:37 am

GeorgeSears wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:Denver would be better if Murray wasn't so mid so far in the playoffs

His calf has been ailing him and he limped his way in the playoffs. Still, I agree. He should be better.

So if Denver loses you can’t fault them. Everyone else gets a pass if one of their top guys is injured because you know Jamal can’t play to his full 30+ ppg potential
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,177

Post#1620 » by shrink » Sun May 5, 2024 2:41 am

People see what agrees with their opinions, and don’t see things that challenge them.

People love Naz, so they ignore his horrible first half and only remember his fourth quarter.

People hate KAT, so they ignore his scoring and great passes, and only remember dumb fouls.

Return to The General Board