Have we entered a new era?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,120

Re: Have we entered a new era? 

Post#21 » by tmorgan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:07 am

LaLover11 wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:2024-2044 Bronny Era

You might not want it to happen but it's happening

:)

G-League GOAT

Please Sig this

Bronny is winning a ring in the next 3 yrs playing a important role off the bench with the Lakers

Just as two wrongs don’t make a right, two extremely improbable events don’t make a likely one.
penggemar
Sophomore
And1: 170

Post#22 » by penggemar » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:09 am

Yes, the Wemby era.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 868

Post#23 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:15 am

tmorgan wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:

G-League GOAT

Please Sig this

Bronny is winning a ring in the next 3 yrs playing a important role off the bench with the Lakers

Just as two wrongs don’t make a right, two extremely improbable events don’t make a likely one.

We will see but let it be known.... You heard it here first
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,387

Post#24 » by SpreeS » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:19 am

baldur wrote:And lakers, Suns and Warriors won't be any better next season.

Okc, wolves and nuggets would clearly be top 3 teams in the West, in the next few years at least.

I would add MEM and DAL too
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,947

Post#25 » by jc23 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

Denver, Boston, Minny, OKC, NYK and Dallas are probably the best teams left in the playoffs. All teams that built through the draft and not any player empowerment type deals. I think this also indicates an end of an era.
Be curious, Not judgmental
maverick_41
Junior
And1: 429

Post#26 » by maverick_41 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:52 am

jc23 wrote:Denver, Boston, Minny, OKC, NYK and Dallas are probably the best teams left in the playoffs. All teams that built through the draft and not any player empowerment type deals. I think this also indicates an end of an era.

Built through the draft and sending future draft picks away,

which technically can be considered as building through the draft 8-)
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,062

Post#27 » by Wingy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:07 am

Triple M wrote:I think the new era started in 21 because in 10 years time i think we will look back at this time as the Jokic-Giannis-Luka time

10 years?

To me, it’s very obvious in the moment.

I honestly don’t know about Giannis anymore. Looks like he’s going the way of the always injured when it matters players. Very unfortunate.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,326

Post#28 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:35 am

New era begun with Giannis, Jokic and some others 3-4 years ago. We got the Bucks, Suns, Nuggets in the finals. Warriors in 2022 was kind of the exception. Only difference is that some of the best players in the history of the NBA (Lebron/KD/Steph) are declining despite being still very good and their teams are struggling as well.

I will wait for Wemby and Chet to a lesser extent to peak before we reach a new era.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,326

Post#29 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:37 am

jc23 wrote:Denver, Boston, Minny, OKC, NYK and Dallas are probably the best teams left in the playoffs. All teams that built through the draft and not any player empowerment type deals. I think this also indicates an end of an era.

I don't know. Spurs dinasty built through the draft. OKC KD/WB era too. Warriors dinasty too.

I think we will always have some teams building through the draft and other recruiting/being aggressive via trade/FA.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 12,015

Post#30 » by Johnny Fontane » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:11 pm

If only the Celtics lose now we can have a diva-less playoffs for once
Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,537

Post#31 » by Saints14 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:23 pm

Yes, I think we can officially put the LeBron/KD/Curry era behind us (though I might wait for the Clippers to lose also).

Dubnation wrote:The 'New Era' started over a year ago.

I think for the first time in a long time, we'll go into next season without talking about title odds for LeBron, KD or the Warriors. Perception lags results (and those guys were still in the 2nd round/WCF at least) and they were still talked about as the faces of the league this year. There is always some overlap between eras, I think now we can officially turn the page
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,985

Post#32 » by Liam_Gallagher » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:24 pm

Of course.

LeBron played against Karl freaking Malone dude.
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 919

Post#33 » by mattyBoi » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:28 pm

The last era ended a year ago, after the Warriors last championship. We're officially in something new.
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,577

Post#34 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:35 pm

I both love and hate the new era...hate it because there are no rules and too much chucking of 3s but love that I soon will no longer have to watch the days of ESPN and non-stop talk of LeBron, Curry and KD
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,350

Post#35 » by CobraCommander » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:36 pm

Triple M wrote:I think the new era started in 21 because in 10 years time i think we will look back at this time as the Jokic-Giannis-Luka time

I think it’s Jokic, Giannis and Embiid time- The last 6 MVPs - but even with that - you gonna need to be more than an mvp for it to be your ERA

Only if someone other than those 3 gets a ring will it matter -

Kobe and Shaq and Duncan had a era -

Yall basketball heads that only care about excel spreadsheets and Advanced stats but not chips…. I hate to tell you it’s all about rings for an era.

If Tatum gets one this year he is the guy

The era is definded by the championship- not the best players - notice we were never in the Melo or AI era -

So if SGA, Luka and Edwards never get a ring and Tatum does…: Tatum will be considered more consequential- cause winning is all that matters -
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,350

Post#36 » by CobraCommander » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:52 pm

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:I both love and hate the new era...hate it because there are no rules and too much chucking of 3s but love that I soon will no longer have to watch the days of ESPN and non-stop talk of LeBron, Curry and KD

But the espn marketing team is already deciding who they will talk about - Tatum and Edwards - those are the darlings -

Edwards cause he is Jordan’s son and Tatum cause it’s Boston -

People have seen tatums son more than their nieces and nephews - they show him alll the damn time.

Tatum quietly has a million commercials -

Ant still got some cleaning up to do to be ready- but espn loves him.

Yes I know these are two Americans and not in the top 5…. Yeah the best player will never be the face of the league - jokic can’t be because they won’t let him - no international will be, which is why Embiid trying to be American -
BruttoNostra
Senior
And1: 1,265

Post#37 » by BruttoNostra » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:52 pm

Saints14 wrote:Yes, I think we can officially put the LeBron/KD/Curry era behind us (though I might wait for the Clippers to lose also).

I think for the first time in a long time, we'll go into next season without talking about title odds for LeBron, KD or the Warriors. Perception lags results (and those guys were still in the 2nd round/WCF at least) and they were still talked about as the faces of the league this year. There is always some overlap between eras, I think now we can officially turn the page

Don't underestimate ESPN's ability to bring up Lakers in title contenders talk even if they line up Hapoel Raanana squad for the next season.
Same with some "last chance" for Curry and Warriors, just because some rookie will score there 25 PPG in the summer league (just to collect DNP through the regular season).
Vita sine libertāte, nihil
Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,537

Post#38 » by Saints14 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:13 pm

BruttoNostra wrote:
Saints14 wrote:Yes, I think we can officially put the LeBron/KD/Curry era behind us (though I might wait for the Clippers to lose also).

Don't underestimate ESPN's ability to bring up Lakers in title contenders talk even if they line up Hapoel Raanana squad for the next season.
Same with some "last chance" for Curry and Warriors, just because some rookie will score there 25 PPG in the summer league (just to collect DNP through the regular season).

Yeah, you're not wrong.

But among serious basketball analysts - Ben Taylor had the Lakers 2nd in the west preseason and Nate Duncan had the Suns 2nd or 3rd I believe, can probably safely move on
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,077

Post#39 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:16 pm

Love it
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#40 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:34 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
ChiTownHero1992 wrote:I both love and hate the new era...hate it because there are no rules and too much chucking of 3s but love that I soon will no longer have to watch the days of ESPN and non-stop talk of LeBron, Curry and KD

But the espn marketing team is already deciding who they will talk about - Tatum and Edwards - those are the darlings -

Edwards cause he is Jordan’s son and Tatum cause it’s Boston -

People have seen tatums son more than their nieces and nephews - they show him alll the damn time.

Tatum quietly has a million commercials -

Ant still got some cleaning up to do to be ready- but espn loves him.

Yes I know these are two Americans and not in the top 5…. Yeah the best player will never be the face of the league - jokic can’t be because they won’t let him - no international will be, which is why Embiid trying to be American -

They had to market home grown talent eh?
Not Jokic, Doncic, or canadians like Murray and SGA.

Return to The General Board