Sounds like LeBron might not be a Laker next year

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,698

Re: Sounds like LeBron might not be a Laker next year 

Post#121 » by PlatinumState » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:09 pm

Whether he stays or goes Lebron doesnt move the needle anymore. At this point whoever he plays for might make the playoffs and sell a good amount of jerseys. His production's gonna fall off next season for sure
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,639

Post#122 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:13 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Hmmmmm

Net worth: $1,000,000,000
Laker offer: $164,000,000

I think they're missing some zeroes before that is gonna matter.

Reportedly he wants to be an owner and that's why that money does matter.
The guy can make 100 million other ways.

It's not like its $100 million from the Lakers or $0.

Any team is gonna pay him handsomely. At some point the guy is 40 and allegedly wants to play with his son.

I'm not saying he won't accept the money, I'm just saying he could afford to play somewhere other than the Lakers, from a financial standpoint.

Just because he can doesn't mean he wants to leave L.A. How many free agents really leave the Lakers when they're wanted to be retained by the Lakers? I can't think of many. Players love being in L.A.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,735

Post#123 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:17 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Reportedly he wants to be an owner and that's why that money does matter.
The guy can make 100 million other ways.

It's not like its $100 million from the Lakers or $0.

Any team is gonna pay him handsomely. At some point the guy is 40 and allegedly wants to play with his son.

I'm not saying he won't accept the money, I'm just saying he could afford to play somewhere other than the Lakers, from a financial standpoint.

Just because he can doesn't mean he wants to leave L.A. How many free agents really leave the Lakers when they're wanted to be retained by the Lakers? I can't think of many. Players love being in L.A.

he's pushing 40 lol

I think he wants another chance to win a ring and he ain't gonna have that opportunity playing for a chip
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,939

Post#124 » by chrismikayla » Wed May 1, 2024 12:02 am

Savannah is not going to let Lebron leave LA LOL. The kids are all rooted there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[gfycat][/gfycat]
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,040

Post#125 » by JazzUte88 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:30 am

LeBron is washed up (he can still score 20-30 easily, but the 35-50 point Boston/Detroit games aren’t there anymore) & the Lakers would be better off building a new team and/or building around Anthony Davis.

He would be better off in Dallas, or Cleveland.
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,609

Post#126 » by MavsDirk41 » Wed May 1, 2024 1:22 am

JazzUte88 wrote:LeBron is washed up (he can still score 20-30 easily, but the 35-50 point Boston/Detroit games aren’t there anymore) & the Lakers would be better off building a new team and/or building around Anthony Davis.

You know neither Luka or James can play off the ball. It would be a terrible pairing in Dallas.
NbaAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 1,745

Post#127 » by NbaAllDay » Wed May 1, 2024 1:28 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
JazzUte88 wrote:LeBron is washed up (he can still score 20-30 easily, but the 35-50 point Boston/Detroit games aren’t there anymore) & the Lakers would be better off building a new team and/or building around Anthony Davis.

You know neither Luka or James can play off the ball. It would be a terrible pairing in Dallas.

This lie that Lebron can't play off ball continue to be laughable and parroted by the same people.

He isn't elite, but has proven it time and time again when he has a team that supports the ability to do so. Why take a GOAT level offensive creator off the ball 'just cause'. Silly concept.

With Rondo, Irving, Wade who could draw attention/create he was more than willing and capable.
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#128 » by LakerLegend » Wed May 1, 2024 4:56 am

WOJ reporting playing with Bronny is no longer LeBron's number one priority?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,281

Post#129 » by xdrta+ » Wed May 1, 2024 5:32 am

California Gold wrote:I think he stays with the Lakers but there's a darkhorse in the mix. The Warriors. Steph is a magnet that can attract LeBron and he has his buddy Draymond there as well. I can see Klay leaving if that happens because there's no way for him to get that money then.

How would the warriors pay him? Or he's going to opt out of $51M to take the MLE, I suppose.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,586

Post#130 » by lonzo_pelota » Wed May 1, 2024 5:58 am

Only thing that will take Lebron out of LA prematurely is a Expansion team opportunity. Book It.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,031

Post#131 » by JN61 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:05 am

And nobody would be surprised of Lebron ditching the sinking ship. Where would he go though? Of course the fake media will claim Knicks or some nonsense like that to sell the clicks... But reality is he isn't making them any better, in fact worse. He is massive baggage that will drag down any team and locker room with him. His basketball ability doesn't reflect in any manner his ego anymore and that ego and need to pad the stats will sink any team. He should remain a Laker and be pseudo all-star player while media constantly gets to talk about him and blame his teammates for his shortcomings when he fails to reach the playoffs and media keeps repeating same old tired talking points of the Mickey Mouse ring. That is the best situation for Lebron.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,698

Post#132 » by PlatinumState » Wed May 1, 2024 11:51 am

LakerLegend wrote:WOJ reporting playing with Bronny is no longer LeBron's number one priority?

He saw how Bronny's season went at USC and was like "nahhhhh my son aint it"
Averaging 4.8 while shooting 36% aint nba material

Return to The General Board