If Lakers trade for Lillard next season

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 810

If Lakers trade for Lillard next season 

Post#1 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:34 am

How good would a Lakers team that trades for Lillard perform next season?

He could become their Jamal Murray and help score in the playoffs & clutch situations

They obviously become better than this season and can keep Lillard & AD together when LeBron retires

LeBron Quote: "Give me Damian Lillard, I'll show you how appreciated he'll be"

Image 2024 #17 pick
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 862

Re: If Lakers trade for Lillard next season 

Post#2 » by kacey ring » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:56 am

Another aged player starting to show some wear and tear?

LeBron made that comment nearly 6 years ago.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#3 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:04 pm

LaLover11 wrote:How good would a Lakers team that trades for Lillard perform next season?

He could become their Jamal Murray and help score in the playoffs & clutch situations

They obviously become better than this season and can keep Lillard & AD together when LeBron retires

So you basically suggest trading AR plus fillers for Dame without upsetting their fan favorite?

I would definitely be down with it cause there can only be one TIME when you need to make a clutch basket to win the game which is...
https://youtu.be/ruRB9eZwp4k?si=XwN5J3Usz905ref7
jefe
General Manager
And1: 646

Post#4 » by jefe » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:09 pm

How exactly would they go about doing that? This hypothetical sounds nearly as plausible as "If the Lakers trade for prime Olajuwon" next season...
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,691

Post#5 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:11 pm

Who would they even trade for him
firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 1,082

Post#6 » by firedavidkahn » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:12 pm

Why on Earth would Milwaukee want to give up on Dame already?

:lol:
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#7 » by tcheco » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:13 pm

Why would Bucks even pick up the phone if the offer will be reaves + filler?
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,609

Post#8 » by EmpireFalls » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:16 pm

The rare trade that somehow makes both worse.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,914

Post#9 » by Karate Diop » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:18 pm

tcheco wrote:Why would Bucks even pick up the phone if the offer will be reaves + filler?

To start building the next core around Giannis (assuming he plans on staying).
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#10 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:20 pm

tcheco wrote:Why would Bucks even pick up the phone if the offer will be reaves + filler?
Filler(s) as in Vandy, Rui, Gabe for salary purposes along with their future 1st for Dame and a player the Bucks don't need like Marjon.

The Bucks would jump on that based on fit. Dame is missing the warm weather, which is not in Milwaukee.
tcheco
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by tcheco » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:22 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Filler(s) as in Vandy, Rui, Gabe for salary purposes along with their future 1st for Dame and a player the Bucks don't need like Marjon.

The Bucks would jump on that, trust me.

Basically garbage and a pick that will convey when Giannis retires. Bucks would probably have 29 offers better than this around the league.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#12 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:28 pm

tcheco wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Basically garbage and a pick that will convey when Giannis retires. Bucks would probably have 29 offers better than this around the league.

You don't understand value cause you are a Damey (like a Swiftie) which explains the obvious exaggeration.

If not, then suggest a better offer that's is fair to you since there are 29 better offers in your mind Lol. We are waiting.....
CD_41
Junior
And1: 410

Post#13 » by CD_41 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:38 pm

LaLover11 wrote:How good would a Lakers team that trades for Lillard perform next season?

At least lay out a realistic scenario that includes which players (and therefore salaries) are traded.
"No sense in honoring an internet bet. This isn’t the real world get over stop crying like a baby."
"My first name is Hussien. Would you expect Saddam to honor a bet he made with Kuwait or the US?"

Hussein Fatal after losing a bet.
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,217

Post#14 » by kenwood3333 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:40 pm

Bucks should consider if they get AD back.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#15 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:47 pm

CD_41 wrote:

At least lay out a realistic scenario that includes which players (and therefore salaries) are traded.
The OP is a big Lakers fan which means lopsided trade in their favor. I am waiting for tcheco who acts like a Dame lover.

I might value AR more than others due to other teams demand for him during the trading deadline which the Lakers refuse but I am willing to trade him for a difference maker.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,439

Post#16 » by BigGargamel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:51 pm

....and the "Lakers trade for every player in the NBA" barrage of threads begin. :banghead:
tcheco
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by tcheco » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:54 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
tcheco wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Filler(s) as in Vandy, Rui, Gabe for salary purposes along with their future 1st for Dame and a player the Bucks don't need like Marjon.

You don't understand value cause you are a Dame fan which explain the obvious exaggeration.

If not, then suggest a better offer that's is fair to you since there are 29 better offers in your mind Lol. We are waiting.....

What, I'm not a Lillard fan. I think he was a bitch for signing an extension and asking for a trade.

I just don't think Vando, Rui and Reaves equals Lillard.

Pelicans could offer CJ + Murphy and would be a much better offer for Lillard.

Rockets sending FVV + Eason + filler would be better as well easily

Vando and Rui are fine as rotation players and Reaves will be a sixth man of the year maybe one day, but that doesn't land you Lillard, even with his struggles, even with his contract.

If next year starts and Lillard is terrible, maybe at the dead line if bucks are desperate, but hard to see many other teams not beating that offer
tcheco
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by tcheco » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:57 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
CD_41 wrote:

The OP is a big Lakers fan which means lopsided trade in their favor. I am waiting for tcheco who acts like a Dame lover.

I might value AR more than others due to other teams demand for him during the trading deadline which the Lakers refuse but I am willing to trade him for a difference maker.

Grow up little kid, one person disagrees with you in the internet and doesn't want to suck on Reaves balls, therefore he is in love with a player
FreeBird23
Junior
And1: 1,036

Post#19 » by FreeBird23 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:59 pm

Adding an aged loser will not help
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,283

Post#20 » by Impuniti » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:59 pm

How does another team bend over and do everything possible to help the Lakers in every way? Why, because we're entitled to it obviously!

Return to The General Board