If Lakers trade for Lillard next season

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

FrobeBryant
Senior
And1: 772

Re: If Lakers trade for Lillard next season 

Post#101 » by FrobeBryant » Wed May 1, 2024 6:56 am

Nah don’t need anymore washed up stars on this team. Especially one that can’t play a lick of defense.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,119

Post#102 » by giannis and 1 » Wed May 1, 2024 7:02 am

LaLover11 wrote:How good would a Lakers team that trades for Lillard perform next season?

He could become their Jamal Murray and help score in the playoffs & clutch situations

They obviously become better than this season and can keep Lillard & AD together when LeBron retires

LeBron Quote: "Give me Damian Lillard, I'll show you how appreciated he'll be"

Image 2024 #17 pick

Don’t think I can even put into words how terrible that trade is for the Bucks.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,666

Post#103 » by nomansland » Wed May 1, 2024 7:11 am

Neither team does that. Milwaukee has to give the Lillard experiment a real year to see what happens. I say real meaning with a consistent coach and fewer injuries. And the Lakers have been to the aging star rodeo before. They don't need another star, they need role-players who are gonna show up in the playoffs.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,465

Post#104 » by Mk0 » Wed May 1, 2024 7:16 am

Some of these threads man..
I am like "wow we are in offseason form already!?" and then I realize these are all made by fans of teams who's offseason is here.. already.

I need to start making some Zach Lavine threads!
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,203

Post#105 » by RRyder823 » Wed May 1, 2024 7:22 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
tcheco wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
You don't understand value cause you are a Dame fan which explain the obvious exaggeration.

If not, then suggest a better offer that's is fair to you since there are 29 better offers in your mind Lol. We are waiting.....

What, I'm not a Lillard fan. I think he was a bitch for signing an extension and asking for a trade.

I just don't think Vando, Rui and Reaves equals Lillard.

Pelicans could offer CJ + Murphy and would be a much better offer for Lillard.

Rockets sending FVV + Eason + filler would be better as well easily

Vando and Rui are fine as rotation players and Reaves will be a sixth man of the year maybe one day, but that doesn't land you Lillard, even with his struggles, even with his contract.

If next year starts and Lillard is terrible, maybe at the dead line if bucks are desperate, but hard to see many other teams not beating that offer
Okay I was wrong by assuming you were a Dame fan and at least follow the Bucks somewhat. Based on these trades you suggested shows that you are basically clueless on what their current struggles are this season and how to fix the obvious problem.

CJ and Murphy are both solid scorers especially from the perimeter, but will NOT rectify their problem. And the Rockets definitely has no interest in Dame, just like they had no interest in Harden because they not only pursued FVV but vastly overpay to get him to join based on fit. And Dame has no interest in playing for a young rebuilding team or he would have stayed in Portland. However, I do like the trade better over the Pels cause FVV is a much better 2 way guard given at his age due to the Bucks' immediate needs.

Based on these 3 offers, Bucks would still benefit the most with the Lakers offer as they get the best wing defender who can guard all 5 positions. And Rui is another big forward who can stretch the offense at the wing to provide Giannis with more space in the paint. Finally, AR has deficiencies due to his physical attributes, but he gets players involved offensively and is not afraid to take the BIG shots in clutch time while playing even better defense than Dame in effort and effectiveness. Along with a future first and matching salaries, this offer would help both teams better since the Lakers is all about star power.

https://youtu.be/b5JatAiRIe4?si=-WiVIh4eXHcuJKUY

https://youtu.be/UyFbhwuRsB4?si=KcJVstDoPdj6bXx1

Most importantly, Dame is NOT happy in Milwaukee which has played a big part in the Bucks struggles as he is no longer invested in putting the effort on both ends besides the obvious. And his grade 1 achilles injury that knocked him out of the playoffs doesn't help either but that's besides the point. Why should the Bucks wait another season to determine if Dame is terrible or not, as you suggested before trading him when anyone who even casually follows Dame or the Bucks this season knows what the problem already is. Lots of information on the internet if you don't believe it.

Bucks will most likely move the disgruntled Dame this off-season whether you liked it or not, so this thread does have merit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-milwaukee-bucks-not-happy-with-damian-lillard/ar-AA1njRhS

I more than casually follow the Bucks and you are reaching hard in this one

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
SweaterBae
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,070

Post#106 » by SweaterBae » Wed May 1, 2024 7:22 am

EmpireFalls wrote:The rare trade that somehow makes both worse.

Dame's second trade like that.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,790

Post#107 » by AussieBuck » Wed May 1, 2024 10:29 am

LaLover11 wrote:How good would a Lakers team that trades for Lillard perform next season?

He could become their Jamal Murray and help score in the playoffs & clutch situations

They obviously become better than this season and can keep Lillard & AD together when LeBron retires

Image 2024 #17 pick

Bucks counter with AD for Lopez, Portis, Beauchamp and first.

:thumbsup:
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,338

Post#108 » by durden_tyler » Wed May 1, 2024 11:48 am

Still a play-in team at best.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#109 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 1, 2024 12:03 pm

CobraCommander wrote:

Image 2024 #17 pick

The bucks make that deal ASAP
Exactly bro! Smart long time posters with tons of posts like yourself knows solid values unlike these noobs with only a handful of posts thinking the Bucks are being ripped off. It’s a win win for both teams!
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,270

Post#110 » by CobraCommander » Wed May 1, 2024 12:35 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:

Image 2024 #17 pick

The bucks make that deal ASAP
Exactly bro! Smart long time posters with tons of posts like yourself knows solid values unlike these noobs with only a handful of posts thinking the Bucks are being ripped off. It’s a win win for both teams!

It’s a L for the lakers -
Dame is a shell of himself.

Dame has fallen hard - I don’t know if it’s Milwaukee or the divorce or what. But somethings not right -

The bucks need some dependable pieces - all these guys are that
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,028

Post#111 » by DusterBuster » Wed May 1, 2024 5:02 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:Stop this nonsense. The Lakers are NOT getting Lillard from MIL. If they have an opportunity, unlikely as even that might be, they might have a shot at Young. That's it.

Lakers should just let Bron walk and trade AD while he's still got value. Trae Young isn't fixing anything for them and a Young / AD core post-Bron is at best what... a 9th seed in the West... 7th if they're healthy?

They should just rebuild again and suck for a few years, recoup some assets and just wait patiently for the next superstar to demand out, it may not even take that long... (Embiid?)

What a wonderful idea! Good job

No prob, tell Rob to clean out his desk, I'll be starting next Monday.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#112 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 1, 2024 6:45 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:The bucks make that deal ASAP

Dame has fallen hard - I don’t know if it’s Milwaukee or the divorce or what. But somethings not right -

Totally but these Damey lovers continue on refusing to grasp reality, and then get all roused up insulted when a fair offering is presented that favors the Bucks to fill their weaknesses while the Lakers is getting the next Beal just to do the 3 headed monster bit.

https://youtu.be/duqzY_n6MBo?si=SQIqMFEVocjv5qW8

Once these Dameys take their goo goo gaga goggles off, they will witness a shell of his greatnees that has gone by him.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,556

Post#113 » by JRoy » Wed May 1, 2024 6:53 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Exactly bro! Smart long time posters with tons of posts like yourself knows solid values unlike these noobs with only a handful of posts thinking the Bucks are being ripped off. It’s a win win for both teams!

Totally but these Damey lovers continue on refusing to grasp reality, and then get all roused up insulted when a fair offering is presented that favors the Bucks to fill their weaknesses while the Lakers is getting the next Beal just to do the 3 headed monster bit.

Once these Dameys take their goo goo gaga shades off, they will just a shell of his greatnees that has gone by.

That’s ad hominem but whatever.

That handful of belly button lint doesn’t pull an all nba player and top 75 all time player.

Someone does need to take off the homer goggles and it isn’t Lillard fans.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#114 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 1, 2024 6:56 pm

JRoy wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:It’s a L for the lakers -

Once these Dameys take their goo goo gaga shades off, they will just a shell of his greatnees that has gone by.

That’s ad hominem but whatever.

That handful of belly button lint doesn’t pull an all nba player and top 75 all time player.

Someone does need to take off the homer goggles and it isn’t Lillard fans.
Like this guy took his Damey goggles off and saw this....

https://youtu.be/RlzAPiJlIfM?si=QuDGlmgh9DXfxV6v
In-N-Out 247
Junior
And1: 247

Post#115 » by In-N-Out 247 » Wed May 1, 2024 7:31 pm

Is it just me or is LaLover11 and WentzerWuver the same guy? Look at their Joined date
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#116 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 1, 2024 7:44 pm

In-N-Out 247 wrote:Is it just me or is LaLover11 and WentzerWuver the same guy? Look at their Joined date
Nope. He's a Lakers fan while I am a Sixers fan, but he asked me to join this forum since we live in the same household. The puzzling question is why are you looking at stuff like that...it's not normal.
In-N-Out 247
Junior
And1: 247

Post#117 » by In-N-Out 247 » Wed May 1, 2024 7:58 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
In-N-Out 247 wrote:Is it just me or is LaLover11 and WentzerWuver the same guy? Look at their Joined date
Nope. He's a Lakers fan while I am a Sixers fan, but he asked me to join this forum since we live in the same household. The puzzling question is why are you looking at stuff like that...it's not normal.

OK thanks for confirming. Anyways - once I saw the trend (always posting in the same threads), it literally took me about 10 seconds to notice the joined date.
Champ1on
Rookie
And1: 510

Post#118 » by Champ1on » Wed May 1, 2024 8:00 pm

Holy heck at least wait for the Buck to be knocked out of the playoff before starting this topic. Unlike the Lakers, the Bucks have a good chance to advance. If they get to the conference finals they will likely run it back for another year. We all said the same thing about Kyrie and Luka last year. They got another year to play together and they are looking great now with some additions. Whose to say Dame won't work for the Bucks. This is crazy talk considering the assets the Bucks gave up to get Dame.

Return to The General Board