If Lakers trade for Lillard next season

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 323

Re: If Lakers trade for Lillard next season 

Post#61 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:15 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:Stop this nonsense. The Lakers are NOT getting Lillard from MIL. If they have an opportunity, unlikely as even that might be, they might have a shot at Young. That's it.

Lakers should just let Bron walk and trade AD while he's still got value. Trae Young isn't fixing anything for them and a Young / AD core post-Bron is at best what... a 9th seed in the West... 7th if they're healthy?

They should just rebuild again and suck for a few years, recoup some assets and just wait patiently for the next superstar to demand out, it may not even take that long... (Embiid?)
The last time they rebuild, none of those young drafted players of Ingram, Ball and Dlo worked out as they missed the playoffs like 12 straight seasons until they got rid of them for Lebron, Rondo and other vets to win the bubble championship. So it will NEVER happened again in Lakers Land but to retooled in FA with superstars which is what the Lakers is about which is star power to give their Hollywood A-list celebrities fans the goods otherwise they will end up like the no banner Clippers. Didn't you get the memo?
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,181

Post#62 » by tcheco » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:23 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
tcheco wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
You don't understand value cause you are a Dame fan which explain the obvious exaggeration.

If not, then suggest a better offer that's is fair to you since there are 29 better offers in your mind Lol. We are waiting.....

What, I'm not a Lillard fan. I think he was a bitch for signing an extension and asking for a trade.

I just don't think Vando, Rui and Reaves equals Lillard.

Pelicans could offer CJ + Murphy and would be a much better offer for Lillard.

Rockets sending FVV + Eason + filler would be better as well easily

Vando and Rui are fine as rotation players and Reaves will be a sixth man of the year maybe one day, but that doesn't land you Lillard, even with his struggles, even with his contract.

If next year starts and Lillard is terrible, maybe at the dead line if bucks are desperate, but hard to see many other teams not beating that offer
Okay I was wrong by assuming you were a Dame fan and at least follow the Bucks somewhat. Based on these trades you suggested shows that you are basically clueless on what their current struggles are this season and how to fix the obvious problem.

CJ and Murphy are both solid scorers especially from the perimeter, but will NOT rectify their problem. And the Rockets definitely has no interest in Dame, just like they had no interest in Harden because they not only pursued FVV but vastly overpay to get him to join based on fit. And Dame has no interest in playing for a young rebuilding team or he would have stayed in Portland. However, I do like the trade better over the Pels cause FVV is a much better 2 way guard given at his age due to the Bucks' immediate needs.

Based on these 3 offers, Bucks would still benefit the most with the Lakers offer as they get the best wing defender who can guard all 5 positions. And Rui is another big forward who can stretch the offense at the wing to provide Giannis with more space in the paint. Finally, AR has deficiencies due to his physical attributes, but he gets players involved offensively and is not afraid to take the BIG shots in clutch time while playing even better defense than Dame in effort and effectiveness. Along with a future first and matching salaries, this offer would help both teams better since the Lakers is all about star power.

https://youtu.be/b5JatAiRIe4?si=-WiVIh4eXHcuJKUY

https://youtu.be/UyFbhwuRsB4?si=KcJVstDoPdj6bXx1

Most importantly, Dame is NOT happy in Milwaukee which has played a big part in the Bucks struggles as he is no longer invested in putting the effort on both ends besides the obvious. And his grade 1 achilles injury that knocked him out of the playoffs doesn't help either but that's besides the point. Why should the Bucks wait another season to determine if Dame is terrible or not, as you suggested before trading him when anyone who even casually follows Dame or the Bucks this season knows what the problem already is. Lots of information on the internet if you don't believe it.

Bucks will most likely move the disgruntled Dame this off-season whether you liked it or not, so this thread does have merit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-milwaukee-bucks-not-happy-with-damian-lillard/ar-AA1njRhS

Vando can't guard all 5 positions and is around the league average defensive rating, he also destroys their spacing which is vital with Giannis.

Rui is a decent backup that is completely expendable with Portis and Lopez next to Giannis in the 4 and 5 rotation, unless you think Rui can play the 3 nowadays effectively, then I'd say you are more clueless than you have shown so far. At most he would be a 18mpg backup playing out of position behind Khris.

Gabe is terrible, Heat wouldn't even want him back for free, his value is negative in this trade.

Trading him to the Lakers solves zero problems from the Bucks, it's clear, you can cry all you want and try to make rotations players seem like the best players in the world and the salvation for the Bucks, but they are not.

Bucks have no need to trade Lillard, and probably won't, specially for a 2k like offer that would get laughed off the phone as it should, only delusional fans think this is anywhere near close to reality and is laughable the lack of knowledge of some people, or worse the delusional level some people can reach.
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,485

Post#63 » by zero rings » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:24 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Just because you say so?

Ok Adam Silver

Thanks for letting us know the future :)

Not because I say so. Because it's an asinine assertion. I get it you're a Lakers homer and all, but have some damned common sense.

After Durant joined a 73-9 Warriors team all Common Sense flew out the window.

Kevin Garnett "Anything is Possible"

Durant was a free agent, Dame is under contract.

You Lakers fans need to turn off ESPN and check back into reality.
tcheco
Sixth Man

Post#64 » by tcheco » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:25 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:How good would a Lakers team that trades for Lillard perform next season?

He could become their Jamal Murray and help score in the playoffs & clutch situations

They obviously become better than this season and can keep Lillard & AD together when LeBron retires

LeBron Quote: "Give me Damian Lillard, I'll show you how appreciated he'll be"

Image 2024 #17 pick

Bro you're playing NBA 2K with some of these trade ideas. That's a garbage package for Milwaukee to give up Dame. They probably want to see what happens with him and Giannis healthy.

Watch out, WentzerWuver will show up and say you make love to Lillard if you think that's not good value.
tcheco
Sixth Man

Post#65 » by tcheco » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:30 pm

zero rings wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:
Not because I say so. Because it's an asinine assertion. I get it you're a Lakers homer and all, but have some damned common sense.

After Durant joined a 73-9 Warriors team all Common Sense flew out the window.

Kevin Garnett "Anything is Possible"

Durant was a free agent, Dame is under contract.

You Lakers fans need to turn off ESPN and check back into reality.

WELL SOMETHING CRAZY HAPPENED ONCE SO WHY CAN'T ALL STARS GET TRADED TO THE LAKERS FOR OUR GARBAGE?
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 787

Post#66 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:30 pm

tcheco wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:How good would a Lakers team that trades for Lillard perform next season?

He could become their Jamal Murray and help score in the playoffs & clutch situations

They obviously become better than this season and can keep Lillard & AD together when LeBron retires

Image 2024 #17 pick

Bro you're playing NBA 2K with some of these trade ideas. That's a garbage package for Milwaukee to give up Dame. They probably want to see what happens with him and Giannis healthy.

Watch out, WentzerWuver will show up and say you make love to Lillard if you think that's not good value.

Bucks would be up vs the Pacers right now if they had those players right now vs Lillard all by himself & now especially injured.

If you deny that we can agree you're just lying
zero rings
Pro Prospect

Post#67 » by zero rings » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:33 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
tcheco wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Bucks would be up vs the Pacers right now if they had those players right now vs Lillard all by himself & now especially injured.

If these players are so good why are you trying to dump them on the Bucks?

Sounds like the Lakers already have everything they need.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#68 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:38 pm

zero rings wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
tcheco wrote:

Because the Lakers need a 3rd star to compete vs Nuggets/Timberwolves/Okc the next 3 seasons.

Also because the Bucks need depth surrounding Giannis with the already #2 option in Middleton and #3 option Lopez that can clearly score with the Ball dominate play style Giannis is best at instead of watching Lillard dribble
tcheco
Sixth Man

Post#69 » by tcheco » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:39 pm

zero rings wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
tcheco wrote:

Bucks wouldn't have their only win if they didn't have Lillard :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Lakers garbage were so good they would be enough to get more than 1 win paired with Lebron and AD, but guess what? Rui shot 6-15, Vando is still missing and Gabe logged IMPACTFUL 9 MINUTES IN AN ELIMINATION GAME. WOW THESE ARE WORLD BEATERS
tcheco
Sixth Man

Post#70 » by tcheco » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:40 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
zero rings wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Because the Lakers need a 3rd star to compete vs Nuggets/Timberwolves/Okc the next 3 seasons.

Also because the Bucks need depth surrounding Giannis with the already #2 option in Middleton and #3 option Lopez that can clearly score with the Ball dominate play style Giannis is best at instead of watching Lillard dribble

You don't get a star for trash
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#71 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:43 pm

tcheco wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
zero rings wrote:

Bucks don't get a championship letting Lillard play Point Guard when they have a 6'11 Superstar Point Forward in Giannis
tcheco
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by tcheco » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:46 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
tcheco wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Bucks don't get a championship letting Lillard play Point Guard when they have a 6'11 Superstar Point Forward in Giannis

Which is not a reason for them to take trash for Lillard
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#73 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:49 pm

tcheco wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
tcheco wrote:

Please reply with a non trash trade for Lillard the bucks can get
zero rings
Pro Prospect

Post#74 » by zero rings » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:52 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
tcheco wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

They’re not trading Lillard.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,956

Post#75 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:53 pm

Why would bucks take that deal back?
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#76 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:55 pm

zero rings wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
tcheco wrote:

They’re not trading Lillard.

I guess just like your username

Lillard will finish his career with the Bucks with
"Zero Rings"
tcheco
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by tcheco » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:58 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
tcheco wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

I don't think there's a single trade I suggest here that can be worse than the one you suggested, and I'm not even kidding.

I can take 1 decent player from each team in the league and add filler and it would be better than taking on gabe, rui and vando.

Sounds crazy? That how you sound here to everyone else.

CJ and Herb for Lillard is probably 10x better than the offer you suggested.

FVV + Eason is around 8x better

Heck, Magic could offer Isaac, Anthony Black, Cole Anthony and WCJ and Bucks would take that before the Lakers trade 10 out of 10

Heat would love to finally pay the price for Lillard after being eliminated early again.

It's baffling how entitled some fans are in here
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,782

Post#78 » by Swish1906 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:58 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:

At least lay out a realistic scenario that includes which players (and therefore salaries) are traded.

Reaves, Rui, Vando, Gabe & 17th pick this upcoming
2024 Draft

How good would the Mavs be after trading THJ, Green and Gafford for AD? Should I also open a thread about it?
tcheco
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by tcheco » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:00 pm

Swish1906 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:
At least lay out a realistic scenario that includes which players (and therefore salaries) are traded.

2024 Draft

How good would the Mavs be after trading THJ, Green and Gafford for AD? Should I also open a thread about it?

Heck, that is 10x more realistic than the Lakers offer, and i'm not even kidding
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#80 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:00 pm

Swish1906 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:

2024 Draft

You're comparing Lillard to AD lol please go take a nap

Return to The General Board